Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 650874 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #2100 on: February 20, 2015, 05:58:43 AM »
Got my season 4 blu ray in the mail yesterday, my annual re-watch of the series has begun!  I always pick up little things that ive missed when doing this and helps to refresh my memory on story lines from the earlier seasons that come back to play a role in the current season.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2101 on: February 20, 2015, 06:22:13 AM »
We will probably pick it up this weekend and begin.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2102 on: February 20, 2015, 09:54:49 AM »
I only have one episode left on my re-watch. Got the special edition blu-ray early on tuesday, and it's been great.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2103 on: February 24, 2015, 11:45:39 AM »
Been reading the recent in-universe 'World of Ice and Fire' book for the past few days. Very interesting. It is a very mysterious, detailed, and complex world Martin has created, both in and beyond Westeros. The stuff I like the most are about the lands in the far east. Since they're so far away they are portrayed in such a mysterious way and are endlessly fascinating and intriguing. I have also been jumping from page to page in the Ice and Fire Wiki, trying to learn as much as possible about those weird eastern places. Awesome stuff!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2104 on: February 24, 2015, 12:19:32 PM »
Picked up the Season 4 Blu-ray deluxe package.  It came with a bonus disc on the filming of the Purple Wedding, and a little toy Joffrey.  I see target practice in my future.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2105 on: February 24, 2015, 12:28:38 PM »
I gave my toy Joffrey to my sister. He now stands on top of one of the plants in her window, as a proud king.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2106 on: February 24, 2015, 12:30:44 PM »
I can't stand that little shit.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2107 on: February 24, 2015, 12:48:02 PM »
I can't stand that little shit.

There's a few in my lifetime that I wanted a character to die.  He was right up there for sure.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2108 on: February 24, 2015, 01:14:48 PM »
I miss him. Not because I liked him, but because he had a certain presence on the show, and it won't be the same without him.

My mother apparently disagrees though. She was literally singing "king Joffrey is deeeaad" for the rest of the night.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2109 on: February 24, 2015, 01:45:20 PM »
I miss him. Not because I liked him, but because he had a certain presence on the show, and it won't be the same without him.

This.  Of course he was the most hated character, but the actor was just sooooo good that when he died I was actually upset to not see the character anymore.  I was also really happy at the same time because he was a jerk, but Joffrey was probably my favorite character to watch in the show.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2110 on: February 24, 2015, 02:41:01 PM »
I was not upset. 

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2111 on: February 24, 2015, 08:01:19 PM »
I was never more satisfied in a show than seeing him bite it. Good riddance.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2112 on: February 25, 2015, 03:51:42 AM »
Seriously amazing character and actor but:

Yep a 1000%  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2113 on: February 25, 2015, 06:39:07 AM »
Indeed.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2114 on: March 09, 2015, 01:34:48 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153091661915803

Really cool 2nd trailer for season 5!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2115 on: March 09, 2015, 02:26:07 PM »
 :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2116 on: March 09, 2015, 06:47:56 PM »
Nice, looks amazing.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2117 on: March 09, 2015, 08:35:58 PM »
Damn, that pumped me so much!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Zeltar

• Have a drink, it'll make me look younger.
« Reply #2118 on: March 10, 2015, 11:06:16 AM »
 :hefdaddy

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2119 on: March 10, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »
There's so much cool stuff in this trailer, but what gets me most excited is the brief shot of a blackened and bloody hand coming through a wooden wall. If that turns out to be what I think it is, and if the brief pieces of what I have seen and how I have puzzled them together in my mind means what I think it means, then that will be awesome.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2120 on: March 10, 2015, 11:20:20 AM »
My Queen  :hefdaddy

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2121 on: March 10, 2015, 02:00:27 PM »
There's so much cool stuff in this trailer, but what gets me most excited is the brief shot of a blackened and bloody hand coming through a wooden wall. If that turns out to be what I think it is, and if the brief pieces of what I have seen and how I have puzzled them together in my mind means what I think it means, then that will be awesome.

What do you think it is?

The hand through the wall maybe a white?  but the hand is not bloody, the next "clip" shows a finger with blood but that looks completely different.

What I am really excited for is what appears to be Sansa in the Winterfell crypts.  What happens in the north/north of the wall is what I am most looking forward to.  Bolton vs Stannis with what appears to be the Knights of the Vale riding into Winterfell and the wildings/Nights watch riding to Hardhome looks like book spoilers and I cant wait

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #2122 on: March 10, 2015, 03:31:48 PM »

What do you think it is?

The hand through the wall maybe a white?  but the hand is not bloody, the next "clip" shows a finger with blood but that looks completely different.

What I am really excited for is what appears to be Sansa in the Winterfell crypts.  What happens in the north/north of the wall is what I am most looking forward to.  Bolton vs Stannis with what appears to be the Knights of the Vale riding into Winterfell and the wildings/Nights watch riding to Hardhome looks like book spoilers and I cant wait

I didn't realise straight away but the finger with blood I believ is Cersei in the flashback giving her blood to get the prophecy.

The hand breaking through the wall I thought was a wight, presumably part of a force of wights and / or White Walkers trying to break into the village at Hardhome (Jon Snow is going there himself in the show rather than sending other men of the Night's Watch to try to rescue the wildlings.

Sansa going to Winterfell was causing lots of debate online from what I'd seen, people had identifed a shot of her in a room that looked like Winterfell in the last trailer but people didn't believe it. Now it's confirmed, so really interesting to see where they go with that. Littlefinger and knights of the Vale being in Winterfell could maybe take on a similar role to Manderly men, as in a force that could potentially betray the Boltons.

Great trailer in general, as well as having interesting tidbits of information on where they are going. Really does a good job showing off the Faith and High Sparrow, Stannis in the North and trouble in Meereen. Daenerys' speech was cringeworthy but obviously prime trailer material.

And people may be glad to know that book readers are almost as much in the dark as everyone else this season :lol Half of them will probably end up even more surprised.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:37:48 PM by RuRoRul »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2123 on: March 10, 2015, 07:08:41 PM »
Yup, thats why as a book reader I am excited.  The books and show are going to go down very different paths (albeit to a same ending) so it will still be awesome to read the books when and if they do get written.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2124 on: March 11, 2015, 03:15:44 AM »
So pumped, although I haven't seen the trailer yet.

Game of Thrones' fifth season will air simultaneously worldwide each week
 :tup :tup
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2125 on: March 11, 2015, 06:21:08 AM »

What do you think it is?

I didn't realise straight away but the finger with blood I believ is Cersei in the flashback giving her blood to get the prophecy.

The hand breaking through the wall I thought was a wight, presumably part of a force of wights and / or White Walkers trying to break into the village at Hardhome (Jon Snow is going there himself in the show rather than sending other men of the Night's Watch to try to rescue the wildlings.

Sansa going to Winterfell was causing lots of debate online from what I'd seen, people had identifed a shot of her in a room that looked like Winterfell in the last trailer but people didn't believe it. Now it's confirmed, so really interesting to see where they go with that. Littlefinger and knights of the Vale being in Winterfell could maybe take on a similar role to Manderly men, as in a force that could potentially betray the Boltons.

I'm gonna miss Manderly's awesome speeches :(
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2126 on: March 11, 2015, 06:40:07 AM »

What do you think it is?

Yea no Manderly is sad, but sometimes the show does a good job of having a current character take on the role of a newer character.  I do wonder if Sansa will play the role of fArya then and maybe a scene with her and Ramsay is the scene Sophie Turner has been talking about as being very traumatic.  Either way, I find the north to be very interesting this season.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2127 on: March 11, 2015, 06:53:31 AM »

What do you think it is?

Yea no Manderly is sad, but sometimes the show does a good job of having a current character take on the role of a newer character.  I do wonder if Sansa will play the role of fArya then and maybe a scene with her and Ramsay is the scene Sophie Turner has been talking about as being very traumatic.  Either way, I find the north to be very interesting this season.
I guess I can believe that as long as it's only Ramsay at Winterfell and Roose is nowhere near. If Roose is there, he HAS to recognize her, I think.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2128 on: March 11, 2015, 09:50:44 AM »

What do you think it is?

I'm not sure that I want to share my thoughts too much openly on that. I didn't even read the small text you posted, haha. But I'll post here whether I was right or wrong after the episode airs. I haven't read the fourth and fifth books, so this is just pure speculation.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2129 on: March 18, 2015, 12:58:11 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152816482182734

Short clip from S01E01 "The Wars to Come". Dialogue and look of the characters is all fine, but what struck me the most is how well shot this scene is. This does not look like TV show. It almost never really did, but this short clip impressed me for some reason.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2130 on: March 19, 2015, 07:22:16 AM »
Everything is looking really great so far.

This will be my first season having caught up with all the books, so I expect it to be quite a different experience watching while knowing the general direction of things.

Also interested in the fact that it seems they're going to catch up on the books very quickly now. Not that I think that's a problem, if anything I think Dance With Dragons suffered from moving too slowly for my tastes.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2131 on: March 19, 2015, 07:37:07 AM »
There will apparently be some changes from the books as well.  So having read them may not me of as much benefit, anyway.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2132 on: March 19, 2015, 08:35:28 AM »
There will apparently be some changes from the books as well.  So having read them may not me of as much benefit, anyway.

This, the show is going to go in very different directions and pass aDwD THIS season.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2133 on: March 19, 2015, 09:17:31 AM »
Yeah, I think the bookreaders and people who only watched the show are pretty even for this season. Which is why I'm so intrigued by it.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2134 on: March 19, 2015, 09:27:05 AM »
i am so fucking psyched for this!   I wish I had finished book 5 though.  There's still time.   :lol