Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 214374 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29
« Reply #1715 on: September 28, 2013, 04:01:28 PM »
Her character or just in general, 'cause she's pretty fuckin' hot.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1716 on: September 28, 2013, 04:01:49 PM »
Does anyone else find AJ sexy in a weird way?  I would enjoy rocking her world, having her fall totally in love with me, then break her heart and have her stalk me.  That would be the best part.  Maybe I need some therapy.

She's not sexy in a weird way. She's sexy.

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #1717 on: September 28, 2013, 04:08:41 PM »
Yeah, the craziness in her character is for some reason very sexy.  You know if you messed with her you would probably end up regretting it, but you would do it anyway!
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1718 on: September 28, 2013, 05:03:22 PM »
AJ is one of the hottest divas. Michelle Mccool a close second.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1719 on: September 28, 2013, 05:31:01 PM »
There is nothing weird about AJ's sexyness! She just is!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1720 on: September 28, 2013, 10:29:12 PM »
Yeah, I am pretty sure most guys with a working penis probably find her sexy. :lol

Looks like CM Punk is batting around again with the divas.  :lol :lol

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1721 on: September 29, 2013, 01:52:27 AM »
I thought he was dating Beth Phoenix. Definitely a major upgrade though.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1722 on: September 29, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
Pretty sure Edge is with Beth Phoenix now she quit WWE to take care of him after he had surgery.

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
« Reply #1723 on: September 29, 2013, 07:51:38 AM »
Beth Phoenix and Edge might be engaged, I think.
Punk is dating Lita again, and Punk/AJ are good friends.
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1724 on: September 29, 2013, 09:42:54 AM »
Is he in the Bartman seat?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
« Reply #1725 on: October 03, 2013, 06:20:23 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRGymAPR8E4&feature=youtu.be&a I was on and will be for a while on a wrestling podcast! (I'm Jon, the english guy)
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1726 on: October 21, 2013, 01:10:18 PM »
Speaking of AJ...

You're welcome. :biggrin:

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1727 on: October 21, 2013, 02:22:34 PM »
So what do you guys think of the build up to HIAC? It seems much more promising than the last few PPVs.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1728 on: October 21, 2013, 04:26:06 PM »
Yeah, if it is true that Punk is now dating AJ, my hat's off to the guy!

Maria Kanellis, Lita and now AJ. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
« Reply #1729 on: October 21, 2013, 04:42:36 PM »
So what do you guys think of the build up to HIAC? It seems much more promising than the last few PPVs.

The build for the main title felt weak untill Smackdown, but needs something big on this Raw really to push it all the way.
Punk vs Heyman/Ryback.. Well, it's on it's last legs but has been more promising than most things.
Why cena.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1730 on: October 22, 2013, 02:41:58 PM »
They can't continue to have screwy finishes at the PPVs. This isn't fair to the people dishing out the cash for the show. This lineup appears quite strong. They must have realized that they have lost some of the fanbase recently and are trying to make ammends.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1731 on: October 22, 2013, 03:45:41 PM »
HIAC Predictions

1. Curtis Axel (with Paul Heyman) vs Big E Langston. This is the obvious way to introduce a new feud and push Langston.

2. Alberto del Rio vs. John Cena. Cena wins, Taker's bell bongs and lights go out. Cena scrambles out of the ring and Taker tombstones Alberto del Rio to send a message. Obvious set up for a Wrestlemania feud.

3. Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan. Not without shenanigans from HBK. Trips gets mad and storms into ring with Stephanie. Huge scuffle ensues with Orton, Bryan, Trips, HBK, Shield and Rhodes brothers. Big Show shows up too, ends up KOing Stephanie (maybe accidentally), closing the PPV.

4. CM Punk vs. Ryback and Heyman. Hopefully the end of this feud. (Punk will turn heel on Raw and go after Bryan's new title, much to HHH's dismay.)

5. Shield vs Rhodes Brother vs Usos. The only way I see this ending, really.

WM30 Predictions

HBK vs HHH - main event
Taker vs Cena (c) for World Title
Bryan vs Punk (c) for WWE Title
Rock vs Lesnar

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1732 on: October 22, 2013, 04:12:55 PM »
WM30 Predictions

Taker vs Cena (c) for World Title

I hope not.  I'm not sure the Undertaker has another title run left in him, so if he were to have a championship match at WrestleMania, I would expect him to lose.  And I really, really don't like the idea of John Cena ending the streak.  I'm of the opinion that if anyone ends the streak, it should be a rising star, somebody who can make defeating the Undertaker at Wrestlemania their legacy, somebody who can use the victory to establish themselves as a main event player and give themselves a strong platform for the rest of their career.  John Cena already has a legacy and already is an established main event player.  The streak is an opportunity to transform somebody into a superstar, and John Cena already is a superstar.  The opportunity would be wasted on him, because he simply doesn’t need it. 

That being said, John Cena is one of the last remaining credible threats to the streak.  So I can understand the appeal of a Cena vs. Undertaker Wrestlemania showdown.  I wouldn’t mind seeing it myself, actually.  I just wouldn’t want it to be for a championship.

Bryan vs Punk (c) for WWE Title

This, on the other hand, I would love to see. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1733 on: October 22, 2013, 06:47:58 PM »
Not having Brock Lesnar wrestle the Undertaker would be the biggest missed opportunity ever by WWE.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1734 on: October 22, 2013, 07:18:45 PM »
To be honest, I'm not sold on that idea, either.   :lol  I would have loved to see it when Taker was in his prime, but nowadays I question whether or not he could safely take enough bumps to sell a decent Lesnar match.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1735 on: October 22, 2013, 07:28:46 PM »
This might not be Taker's last WM though. I could see him retire at 25-0. I have a very strong feeling they'll do Cena/Taker this year, though. It'll be a huge draw for WM30. Maybe Lesnar next year. Other contenders are Kane (hope not), Jericho (again, hope not), Rock, Hogan (didn't he leave TNA?), Sting maybe. No one will end the streak though.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1736 on: October 22, 2013, 07:59:55 PM »
Yeah, I do actually agree that Cena might be the most likely opponent for Taker this year.  Unless they can get Sting.  If they can get Sting, I think a Sting/Taker program is basically guaranteed.  But aside from that, Cena is a sensible choice. 

I'm really just daydreaming here.  For the last few years, Undertaker has fought big names and legends at WrestleMania.  I guess I just think it'd be cool if they broke that pattern and instead let an up-and-comer have a shot at the streak.  Daniel Bryan, Antonio Cesaro, Damien Sandow, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, Jack Swagger... I dunno.  Just somebody new.  Somebody we haven't seen in a WM main event before.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1737 on: October 22, 2013, 08:10:57 PM »
I mean, any match with Taker would be cool as long as he's wrestling. But that's kind of the point, isn't it? He has very few matches throughout the year. Wouldn't they be best spent in big name matches?

Suppose he's got 10 matches left in him. Would you really want Jack Swagger taking up one of those spaces?

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1738 on: October 22, 2013, 08:33:45 PM »
He has very few matches throughout the year. Wouldn't they be best spent in big name matches?

Depends on how you look at it.  Big name matches are likely to be bigger draws, I'll grant you.  But I think in the long run, they'd be better off using Undertaker's few remaining matches to establish new stars.  Think about the future.  Who on the current roster do you see carrying the company in, say, five years?  Pretend Triple H is gone, Cena is gone, HBK is gone, Undertaker is gone... who's the star?  Who's the next big thing?  Whoever your answer is, why not put THEM in a match against the Undertaker at WrestleMania?  Let him help springboard them into superstardom. 

Swagger?  No, you're right, he probably wouldn't work at all.  I don't even know why I mentioned him.  But what about Ziggler?  Personally, I think he could be an ideal choice.  His offensive style isn't that high-impact, so they could have a prolonged match without Taker having to risk getting hurt by taking a bunch of major bumps.  Meanwhile, Ziggler is outstanding at selling other people's moves; I'm confident he could help make Taker's arsenal look absolutely devastating. Taker would get to brutalize Ziggler, thus reasserting himself as a destructive force of nature, and Ziggler would get the opportunity to show off his skills and prove that he could hold his own against someone like the Undertaker.  I honestly think they could have a classic match together, and it would go a long way toward giving Ziggler some credibility as a star.  Everybody wins.

(By the way, please forgive me for my ramblings in this thread.  I don't get to talk about wrestling very often.  When I do, I sometimes go overboard.  Sorry bout that.  If you guys want me to shut up, just say so.  :lol)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:13:29 PM by Jaffa »
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1739 on: October 22, 2013, 09:22:18 PM »
I'd go for Ziggler-Taker.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1740 on: October 27, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »
Almost time.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1741 on: October 27, 2013, 06:21:53 PM »
HOLY SHIT THAT SUPLEX TO THE OUTSIDE!

EDIT: Goddamn Seth Rollins can sell the shit out of everything!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1742 on: October 27, 2013, 06:58:24 PM »
That tag match was hot. Those three teams, along with the Prime time Players, Wyatts, Cesaro/Swagger, Matadors, Tons of Funk etc, this Tag Division could be GREAT.... if the writers allow it to be...

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1743 on: October 27, 2013, 07:18:52 PM »
I was with you until Tons of Funk! :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1744 on: October 27, 2013, 07:25:42 PM »
I was with you until Tons of Funk! :lol

Hey... then can work.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1745 on: October 27, 2013, 07:26:06 PM »
Punk vs. Ryback/Heyman was pretty lame. HIAC matches ain't what they used to be.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1746 on: October 27, 2013, 08:05:56 PM »
John Cena having the same John Cena match he always has! Ugh!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1747 on: October 27, 2013, 08:09:50 PM »
Cena wins the WWE Championship at WM.... drops it at SS, and wins the World Title in his very next match.

Lame writers are lame.....

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1748 on: October 27, 2013, 08:14:45 PM »
I can't wait till Cena passes Ric Flair when he wins his 17th title in a couple years the reaction will be entertaining to say the least :corn

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1749 on: October 27, 2013, 08:24:14 PM »
Big Show enters the ring to punch Orton. HBK Kicks him to keep the match fair. HBK then kicks Daniel Bryan and allows Orton to win.

A not so creative prediction.