Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 213135 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29
« Reply #1540 on: August 19, 2013, 04:08:46 PM »
Fuck. It still feels like a dream.
Daniel Bryan of all people pinned Cena. Clean. The only other person that has that honor in recent years is The Rock.
Huh? Punk in MitB....
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1541 on: August 19, 2013, 04:15:20 PM »
Some people don't view Punk's win over Cena at MITB'11 as "clean" because of the involvement of McMahon & Laurinaitis

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1542 on: August 19, 2013, 04:19:43 PM »

10 years in the making.

That clothesline was a highlight for me. Has it really been 10 years since he did a clothesline?

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1543 on: August 19, 2013, 04:21:57 PM »
JBL's reaction to the clothesline was better than the clothesline it self.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1544 on: August 19, 2013, 04:27:14 PM »
Some people don't view Punk's win over Cena at MITB'11 as "clean" because of the involvement of McMahon & Laurinaitis
Oh, well I can understand that. But to me as long as no one from outside touches the one's involved and there was no weapon use, I count it as a clean pin :lol
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #1545 on: August 19, 2013, 04:51:50 PM »

10 years in the making.

That clothesline was a highlight for me. Has it really been 10 years since he did a clothesline?
Nop, the point of the gif is that Bryan and Cena did the same spots they did in ther Velocity match 10 years ago.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1546 on: August 19, 2013, 04:53:11 PM »

10 years in the making.

Nop, the point of the gif is that Bryan and Cena did the same spots they did in ther Velocity match 10 years ago.

Oh, I didn't know Daniel Bryan was with WWE that long.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1547 on: August 19, 2013, 04:54:26 PM »
He wasn't, really.  Just a few appearances here and there.  I don't think he ever appeared on Raw or SmackDown back then (though I could be wrong).
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1548 on: August 19, 2013, 04:55:57 PM »
He wasn't with the WWE at the time, but the WWE probably was in the same town he was when they filmed that and just got in touch with him for that night as a jobber. "Supplemental talent" I think they call it.

Plenty of indy wrestler have done this.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:02:04 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1549 on: August 19, 2013, 06:51:27 PM »
If you don't count Punk's 2011 victory (which I don't, given the outside distraction), this is the first time in John Cena's 13 WWE/World Heavyweight title losses that he's dropped the belt clean in a non-gimmick match. As much as part of me is bummed that he didn't get to keep the belt, if WWE books the next couple months right there could be some great things in Daniel Bryan's immediate future.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1550 on: August 19, 2013, 06:54:41 PM »
If you don't count Punk's 2011 victory (which I don't, given the outside distraction), this is the first time in John Cena's 13 WWE/World Heavyweight title losses that he's dropped the belt clean in a non-gimmick match. As much as part of me is bummed that he didn't get to keep the belt, if WWE books the next couple months right there could be some great things in Daniel Bryan's immediate future.

He got the Austin treatment by Steph to kick off the shows. All he needs now is a monster truck.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1551 on: August 19, 2013, 07:13:54 PM »

He got the Austin treatment by Steph to kick off the shows. All he needs now is a beer truck.
FTFY

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1552 on: August 19, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
Most ironic statement ever:

HHH - "Daniel Bryan, you need to check your ego at the door."

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1553 on: August 19, 2013, 09:57:24 PM »
How about that Sin Cara, huh? First time I've seen him in a match in months and injures himself not 2 minutes into it.

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #1554 on: August 20, 2013, 03:54:12 PM »
How about that Sin Cara, huh? First time I've seen him in a match in months and injures himself not 2 minutes into it.
It was a kick Del Rio gave to him before the dive.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1555 on: August 20, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »
So John Cena's taking a huge break, six months I think he said. This could be great for his character. Here's hoping for a strong return for a WMXXX match with Taker.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1556 on: August 20, 2013, 04:16:35 PM »
OH GOD NO!

Offline JDW89

« Reply #1557 on: August 20, 2013, 06:03:31 PM »
Can't wait for Smackdown and Main Event tonight! :)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1558 on: August 20, 2013, 07:29:11 PM »

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1559 on: August 20, 2013, 07:39:19 PM »
So John Cena's taking a huge break, six months I think he said. This could be great for his character. Here's hoping for a strong return for a WMXXX match with Taker.

I'll be really surprised if it's actually 6 months. I see him back at the Rumble at the absolute latest. Hopefully he doesn't win the thing again.

Or he could come back much sooner, as he's done in the past.

Cena's one of the only credible threats to Takers streak (not that they'd actually let him lose). I'd love for Cena to wrestle Taker. Assuming there's no titles involved, that frees up the titles for the likes of Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, and hopefully someone like Cesaro or Barrett.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1560 on: August 20, 2013, 07:54:29 PM »
Yep! The one thing about this Cena surgery that's good is the chance for those people to be elevated.

Also, I'm now intrigued where this new Corporation is gonna go (with The Shield acting as 3 Big Bossmen :lol ).

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1561 on: August 20, 2013, 07:57:42 PM »
(with The Shield acting as 3 Big Bossmen :lol )

I'm kinda annoyed about this one, to be honest.  Putting the hounds of justice on the corporate leash takes away almost everything that makes them cool, if you ask me.  I can only hope that they end up turning on the McMahons at some point. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1562 on: August 20, 2013, 08:00:49 PM »
(with The Shield acting as 3 Big Bossmen :lol )

I'm kinda annoyed about this one, to be honest.  Putting the hounds of justice on the corporate leash takes away almost everything that makes them cool, if you ask me.  I can only hope that they end up turning on the McMahons at some point.

What will justify it for me is if it leads to a Shield vs. Wyatt feud. We know how much Bray hates the system, and now the Shield is doing it's dirty work.

But then again this is nothing new as the Shield were doing Heyman and Punk's dirty work in the beginning.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1563 on: August 20, 2013, 08:03:33 PM »
I don't really care what happens. I just wanna hear Ambrose cut promos and Rollins in the ring!

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1564 on: August 20, 2013, 08:35:54 PM »
I was never around when HHH was seriously heel. I'm pretty excited to see it. My hopes are that he has his own agenda and doesn't give two f's about the Corporation.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1565 on: August 21, 2013, 03:27:45 PM »

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1566 on: August 21, 2013, 03:43:48 PM »
That's a hell of a cast.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline JDW89

« Reply #1567 on: August 22, 2013, 03:09:26 AM »
Went to Main Event/Smackdown the other night and it was awesome, had a great time and was awesome to see the Wyatt family.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1568 on: August 22, 2013, 03:30:03 PM »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1569 on: August 22, 2013, 03:31:11 PM »
So there's a WWE event going on at Full Sail in an hour, do I go? I can get in free, but it's 3 damned hours.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1570 on: August 22, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
For free, why not?

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #1571 on: August 22, 2013, 05:16:15 PM »
So there's a WWE event going on at Full Sail in an hour, do I go? I can get in free, but it's 3 damned hours.
Go. It's really different live.
And you may see something like Cesaro vs Sami match that just aired:

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1572 on: August 22, 2013, 06:02:20 PM »
I know many people hate the guy, but I thought this was a good read:

https://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9588366/view/full/an-interview-wwe-superstar-corporate-officer-triple-h

This was an incredible read and every wrestling fan should read it!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1573 on: August 22, 2013, 06:13:40 PM »
Yep, that was an incredible read.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1574 on: August 22, 2013, 06:41:18 PM »
I know many people hate the guy, but I thought this was a good read:

https://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9588366/view/full/an-interview-wwe-superstar-corporate-officer-triple-h

This was an incredible read and every wrestling fan should read it!

Agreed.

Wrestling is so fascinating. (especially what goes on behind the scenes)