Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 213155 times)

Offline Syzzle

Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29
« Reply #1470 on: June 28, 2013, 03:03:24 AM »
They're building up to Hulk Hogan vs Bubba so Hogan can win the title, and TNA wonders why they're failing.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1471 on: June 28, 2013, 06:38:50 AM »
TNA is so lame. Sting's Joker gimmick was retarded, and before that they had Kurt Angle being afraid of Scott Hall... WWE has its retarded moments, but I just can't take TNA seriously.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1472 on: June 28, 2013, 06:53:41 AM »
but I just can't take TNA seriously.

Me either. Its like a lame caricature of Wrestling, rather than a real promotion. Everything about it feels contrived, and man brook hogan is annoying.

Its a shame, because for a minute there, back a couple of years ago, I was hoping they would provide at least some competition to Vince. Oh well.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #1473 on: June 29, 2013, 03:46:40 PM »
The Only good thing TNA has done in like 7 years is the push for Bobby Roode and the subsequent title match between Austin Aries and him.
The rest is shit, as usual.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1474 on: July 09, 2013, 01:45:26 PM »
My thoughts regarding the Wyatt Family debut last night.

The crowd? They paid for their tickets, and can cheer, boo, chant, play with their phone or do anything else within reason. That is, what it is.

Who I'm very disappointed with is the writing team. They had this stable built up spectacularly to the point where there was near unanimous interest in a redneck gimmick (tell me when the last time that's happened). What ensued was one of the very worst, nonsensical debuts in federation history. IF YOU ADVERTISE A STABLE TO BE THERE, YOU PLAN A SEGMENT OR MATCH FOR THEM. It makes absolutely no sense for their appearance to consist of a post match attack. That's basically the WWE saying we promised you a debut, but didn't put time on the show for the actual debut, the group made time for themselves, which would have made a lot more sense if their debut was unannounced. As for the debut itself, awesome all night build up..... only to have two guys beat up Kane while the other one sits on his rocker. How lame was that?  I could have pulled a better debut out of my ass.

With that said, I'm still high on the group and hope that the writers put as much effort and creativity into the execution as they did the buildup.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1475 on: July 09, 2013, 02:36:29 PM »
All of that build-up for a redneck stable headed by Husky Harris?? :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1476 on: July 09, 2013, 02:38:18 PM »
I loved that the crowd was doing a Husky Harris chant.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1477 on: July 09, 2013, 02:42:16 PM »
I like that kind of stuff if for no other reason that it reminds Vince that even though he treats the fans like idiots who have no memory (like when HHH fired him as chairman and Vince left the ring in tears,  and then boom, Vince shows up as the chairman again, like it never happened), many are not as stupid as he'd like to think they are.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1478 on: July 09, 2013, 07:27:14 PM »
Yeah, I have absolutely no interest in this Wyatt crap.

I'm just glad that Vickie finally got tired of disgracing the Guerrero name.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1479 on: July 10, 2013, 08:07:53 AM »
Being booed because you are legitimately really annoying is not the same as getting booed because you are doing a great job as a heel; Vickie was obviously the former, not the latter.  It's unbelievable that they let her stay on TV as long as they did. 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1480 on: July 10, 2013, 08:10:22 AM »
During the Wyatt Family debut, this is the first thing that came to mind:

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1481 on: July 10, 2013, 08:44:40 AM »
Being booed because you are legitimately really annoying is not the same as getting booed because you are doing a great job as a heel; Vickie was obviously the former, not the latter.  It's unbelievable that they let her stay on TV as long as they did. 

I'm sure Vince thought she was the greatest heel in wrestling history.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1482 on: July 10, 2013, 09:06:44 AM »
Yeah, Vince thinks that just because someone gets a reaction then he/she is doing a good job! He doesn't care if the reaction is because of X-Pac Heat.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #1483 on: July 10, 2013, 11:28:49 AM »
My thoughts regarding the Wyatt Family debut last night.

The crowd? They paid for their tickets, and can cheer, boo, chant, play with their phone or do anything else within reason. That is, what it is.

Who I'm very disappointed with is the writing team. They had this stable built up spectacularly to the point where there was near unanimous interest in a redneck gimmick (tell me when the last time that's happened). What ensued was one of the very worst, nonsensical debuts in federation history. IF YOU ADVERTISE A STABLE TO BE THERE, YOU PLAN A SEGMENT OR MATCH FOR THEM. It makes absolutely no sense for their appearance to consist of a post match attack. That's basically the WWE saying we promised you a debut, but didn't put time on the show for the actual debut, the group made time for themselves, which would have made a lot more sense if their debut was unannounced. As for the debut itself, awesome all night build up..... only to have two guys beat up Kane while the other one sits on his rocker. How lame was that?  I could have pulled a better debut out of my ass.

With that said, I'm still high on the group and hope that the writers put as much effort and creativity into the execution as they did the buildup.
What?
The debut was great, everything worked the entrance was great, the screams Wyatt got when he was finally walking down the ramp and then they took out Kane.
THeres obviously something bigger going on other than just taking kane out.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1484 on: July 10, 2013, 11:39:40 AM »
There better be, because if they're just gonna take out random people then that's something The Shield already did.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1485 on: July 10, 2013, 11:45:45 AM »
Wyatt Family VS The Shield

Shield face turn lol

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #1486 on: July 10, 2013, 11:49:38 AM »

Shield face turn lol
They can still be heels, or something like hired guns to take out the super evil cult.
It could be pretty cool.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1487 on: July 10, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »

Shield face turn lol
They can still be heels, or something like hired guns to take out the super evil cult.
It could be pretty cool.

"Heel vs Heel? Who will the kids root for? You're fired!" - Vince

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1488 on: July 10, 2013, 11:57:18 AM »
They root for John Cena when he takes both groups out by himself just like Nexus.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1489 on: July 10, 2013, 11:59:41 AM »
John Cena defeated Nexus by himself? Well I guess that means The Shield are going to be jobbers pretty soon.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1490 on: July 14, 2013, 06:21:04 PM »
YOU GUYS WATCHING THIS?!?!

I'm marking out so hard right now!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1491 on: July 14, 2013, 06:46:23 PM »
YOU'RE WELCOME!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1492 on: July 15, 2013, 04:03:54 PM »
Cool matches, but the obvious set ups in the the ladder matches were embarrassing, ie Wade Barrett setting up for Fandango.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1493 on: July 16, 2013, 01:14:41 AM »
Loved Punk and Lesnar on Raw. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1494 on: July 17, 2013, 01:56:21 PM »
Anyone else think it was intentional that they had two segments on Monday, just days after the Zimmerman verdict, where three white guys beat up one black guy?  Knowing Vince and his warped thinking when it comes to stuff like that, it was likely done on purpose. 

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1495 on: July 17, 2013, 04:20:18 PM »
Can't wait til the Wyatt family gimmick fails horribly. So dumb and boring.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1496 on: July 17, 2013, 04:22:33 PM »
Anyone else think it was intentional that they had two segments on Monday, just days after the Zimmerman verdict, where three white guys beat up one black guy?  Knowing Vince and his warped thinking when it comes to stuff like that, it was likely done on purpose.

I wouldn't put it past him.

Can't wait til the Wyatt family gimmick fails horribly. So dumb and boring.

You might be waiting a while. They seem to be the hottest thing going right now. We'll see if it's sustained.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1497 on: July 17, 2013, 11:03:44 PM »
No, Daniel Bryan is the hottest thing going right now.  It ain't even close.  Listen to that pop he got at the end of Raw Monday night.  No one else gets pops like that anymore, except for CM Punk on occasion.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1498 on: July 17, 2013, 11:35:29 PM »
Yeeep! Kev's totally right! Punk's gets them on "smart" audiences like NY, Philly, but Bryan gets it EEEEEVEEEERYWHEEEREEEE!

Except that Raw 2-3 weeks ago where the crowd was just a bunch of corpses.

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #1499 on: July 18, 2013, 08:27:53 AM »
The reaction Bryan got its AE.
If the WWE doesn't pull the trigger on him they would have fucked up ONCE AGAIN, and If they do put Cena over that would make more harm for Cena(Is it possible anymore?) than good.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1500 on: July 18, 2013, 05:11:41 PM »
I'm just terrified that they'll give Bryan the win at Summerslam, only to have Orton cash in on him and win. That would make me a sad panda.

Also, the Wyatts are awesome.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1501 on: July 18, 2013, 05:14:38 PM »
The thing is, if Bryan wins at Summerslam that's exactly what I believe will happen!

Bryan wins, get's a minute or two of feelgood then Orton cashes in, wins, turns heel and Bryan feuds with him until Elimination Chamber and never wins back the title. :/

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1502 on: July 18, 2013, 05:45:48 PM »
It kind of reminds me of when Jeff Hardy won the title from Edge only to have Punk cash in on him.  And the thing is, that moment was huge - for both of them.  Punk got a platform for an awesome heel run, and Jeff Hardy fans doubled down in their support for him.  It ended up leading to a pretty great feud between the two of them.

Of course, if Bryan never gets the title back, that'll be disappointing.  But the idea of Bryan beating Cena and then Orton cashing in... I dunno.  It could go horribly wrong, but it could lead to something great, too. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1503 on: July 18, 2013, 05:48:26 PM »
If they screw Bryan over again with the belt, then I guess Vince's hatred of him would be real and not storyline, which is pretty messed up.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1504 on: July 18, 2013, 06:09:35 PM »
No, Daniel Bryan is the hottest thing going right now.  It ain't even close.  Listen to that pop he got at the end of Raw Monday night.  No one else gets pops like that anymore, except for CM Punk on occasion.

Yeah, I poorly worded my thought. I meant to say that the Wyatt Family is the hottest new thing going, now that everyone has gotten off of Fandango's theme song.

Daniel Bryan is the best of all worlds. The kids love him and his character. The wresting purists love his ability. And he's got the easiest catchphrase to chant since "What?"