Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 214349 times)

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29
« Reply #1330 on: April 07, 2013, 07:27:47 PM »
21-0

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1331 on: April 07, 2013, 07:28:26 PM »
Spanish Announce Table 1, CM Punk/Undertaker 0
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1332 on: April 07, 2013, 07:29:53 PM »
21-0 :hat

Also I'm shocked Jack Swagger didn't break the Spanish announce table on principle.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1333 on: April 07, 2013, 07:35:53 PM »
You don't see him and Zeb picking on Antonio Cesaro either.

Kinda of a... selective thing, have no idea why...
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1334 on: April 07, 2013, 07:47:09 PM »
Brock Lesnar/HHH-1, Spanish Announce Table-0  :hat

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1335 on: April 07, 2013, 07:48:11 PM »
If Taker is borderline crippled, why'd they make him win?

Offline masterthes

« Reply #1336 on: April 07, 2013, 08:20:21 PM »
Because he's the Undertaker and he doesn't job to anybody, not even God

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1337 on: April 07, 2013, 09:08:42 PM »
I'll bet you fuckers don't even know wrostling is fake. you fuckers. I loe you guys.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1338 on: April 07, 2013, 09:16:38 PM »
There is a God!!!! A full time wrestler has the belt again..... Now please enough with team part time. Of all the full time wrestlers, Cena's probably my least favorite. But I respect the hell out of the man and any full time is better than any part timer with the exception of Jericho, who works Raws and Smackdowns when he's around, to help the younger talent.

Now push the hell out of the Shield.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #1339 on: April 07, 2013, 09:21:18 PM »
I'm done. Fuck Cena. Jumping ship to NJPW that delivered the best PPV of the weekend with a 5 star match.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1340 on: April 08, 2013, 12:50:01 AM »
BTW, The Shield is still completely awesome! But man I can't wait until Seth Rollins gets a little more in-ring time to show how great he is! Right now he's kind of the "high flying/dangerous spot" guy in the group.

Ambrose is gonna be big, though!

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #1341 on: April 08, 2013, 03:02:28 PM »
I'm done. Fuck Cena. Jumping ship to NJPW that delivered the best PPV of the weekend with a 5 star match.

Tanahashi/Okada? Those two don't know HOW to have a bad match.  :lol
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #1342 on: April 08, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »

Tanahashi/Okada? Those two don't know HOW to have a bad match.  :lol
Hell yeah!! I woke up at 3 am just to catch the Swagsuke Nagamura match and the ME. I was marking out so hard by the end of it.

In other news:
    >This is all developing as I write this, but WWE is working re-write massive parts of tonight's Raw as The Rock is not there as originally planned.

>The word backstage is that he left for Los Angeles this morning. WWE sources indicate this caught the company completely off guard and there's a lot of heat on Rock at the moment.

>This is not a planned angle to sell Rock being upset over losing the WWE title. He was worked into their plans going forward and there had been talk of shooting a major angle with Rock to begin building Wrestlemania 30, possibly an angle with Undertaker or Brock Lesnar (we've heard both discussed but mostly Lesnar) and all that is out the window now.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/76774/major-plans-for-raw-thrown-out-as-major-name-wont-be-there.html?p=1

Things I got from the ME:
The lack of Commentary between the HHH match and the start of the ME.
How out of it both men looked.
How The Rock seemed pissed off at the end.
How Cena looke like a smug cunt during his celebration.
How The Rock looked mad at the "muh respek" ending.

So maybeis just me, but I think The Rock hated the idea of putting Cena over like that. Or maybe we are getting worked for Cena/Rock III
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1343 on: April 08, 2013, 03:37:14 PM »
Overall I enjoyed the show last night for the most part, with the exception of the main event. I found it to be painfully predictable and very by the numbers. No surprises, it just plodded along.

and god help them if they are planning a cena/rock III because I had little to no interest in cena/Rock II.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1344 on: April 08, 2013, 04:12:29 PM »
So, word is that The Rock bailed for LA this morning, leaving the WWE in chaos today, as he was supposed to be a huge part of RAW tonight. 

:lol :lol :lol :lol if true.

If it's a work, well done, I guess.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1345 on: April 08, 2013, 04:26:28 PM »
I abandoned watching RAW for quite a while now, mainly out of sheer boredom, but I think I'll tune-in tonight to watch the damage control.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1346 on: April 08, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »
Screw the Rock. Hopefully he stays away until it's time for him to be inducted... but sadly, I think we'll see him at XXX.

For those who believe that a picture's worth a thousand words.....

Instead of frantically figuring out how to build XXX tonight, maybe they should focus on tonight.... this week, and Extreme rules..... and the FULL TIME wrestlers.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1347 on: April 08, 2013, 05:43:40 PM »
Screw the Rock.

If this is true, and the Rock really did bolt, this is what Vince gets for putting all of his eggs in the part-timers' baskets. 

And let's be honest, if any of us were Dwayne Johnson, and Vince drove up to our house with a truckload of money and said, "Here's a ton of cash to work 8-10 times a year, only one or two of which will be actual matches," we'd all be like, "Where do I sign?"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1348 on: April 08, 2013, 05:45:22 PM »
Another report:
Sources inside WWE exclusively inform WWE Examiner on Monday afternoon that Dwayne Johnson - The Rock - angrily walked away from tonight's show just hours before the live broadcast is to begin at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

The Rock, who lost the WWE Championship last night to John Cena at WrestleMania 29, is said to be personally fuming at how WWE handled last night's main event.

Allegedly, The Rock was supposed to defeat Cena only to have Dolph Ziggler cash in his Money in The Bank title shot, capturing the championship from a bruised and battered Rock.

At the last minute, we're told, WWE's creative team decided to give Cena the win. Although The Rock was furious, he agreed to proceed and wrestled the match and provided the outcome that was asked of him.

Complicating matters, according to the rumor mill Monday afternoon, is that The Rock was said to be personally insulted at the arrogance with which John Cena conducted himself at the event backstage last night.

WWE Examiner cannot confirm these rumors, but this is, in fact, what some are saying.

At this hour, it isn't clear if Johnson is in violation of his WWE contract, but there's a good chance lawyers are butting heads at this moment. To reiterate, this is not a storyline with WWE Raw. The Rock legitimately bolted from the company today and flew home to Los Anegeles.

Pro wrestling insider blog Rajah confirmed moments ago that there is "absolute chaos backstage at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey, site of tonight's RAW."

Former WWE Champion The Rock, who was scheduled to open the show and take part in a huge angle, reportedly flew home to Los Angeles this morning and will not be at the show. This is not part of a storyline - and WWE sources indicate that Rock's departure caught the company completely off guard.

The original plan was for The Rock to cut a promo about WrestleMania 29, only to be interrupted by Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman. Lesnar was going to attack The Rock and plant the seeds for a rumored WrestleMania 30 main event between the two.

Our sources also confirm that Vince McMahon and company are scrambling to figure out what to do with tonight's show and Brock Lesnar, who is now standing by without a purpose.

Curiously, The Rock hasn't uttered a single word on any of his social media accounts today. All profile background images of WWE-related content have also been pulled.

Something is, indeed, very wrong.

A knowledgeable industry source told WWE Examiner moments ago that he wouldn't be surprised if The Rock "is done for good with the WWE."

Do you believe the rumors or is there truth to a dramatic falling out between The Rock and the WWE?

I guess we'll know soon enough.  It wouldn't surprise me if this were a work to create buzz to get more people to watch tonight.

But LOL at the idea that Ziggler cashing in against the Rock was even a possibility.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1349 on: April 08, 2013, 05:50:36 PM »
I'm not a Dolph Ziggler fan, but at least that outcome would have been somewhat new and not so predictable.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1350 on: April 08, 2013, 05:53:56 PM »
Screw the Rock.

And let's be honest, if any of us were Dwayne Johnson, and Vince drove up to our house with a truckload of money and said, "Here's a ton of cash to work 8-10 times a year, only one or two of which will be actual matches," we'd all be like, "Where do I sign?"

Absolutely.... can't blame him one bit.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1351 on: April 08, 2013, 05:56:44 PM »
I figured his lack of wrestling was due to Vince not wanting him to be injured before Wrestlemania.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1352 on: April 08, 2013, 05:59:57 PM »
 And now WWE is stating that the Rock tweeted this:

In the middle of last nights Wrestlemania match I tore my abdomen & adductor muscles off the bone. Just part of the job. But as we know..
11:49 PM - 08 Apr 13

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/29/rock-injured-at-wrestlemania-29

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1353 on: April 08, 2013, 06:04:35 PM »
Nice try WWE, trying to spin that kayfabe non-sense. injury my ass.

and cena is already off to a heelish start, I'm curious to see where this goes.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1354 on: April 08, 2013, 06:08:56 PM »
Raw is gonna be interesting...

Offline Jaq

« Reply #1355 on: April 08, 2013, 06:09:12 PM »
I know a lot of people are high on Ziggler, but I think he'd be the PERFECT candidate to be the first guy to come to the ring to take advantage of a weakened champion, turn in his contract, and LOSE. It has to happen sooner or later, and Ziggler's arrogant, show off personality is perfect for the job. He comes out, does a couple of push ups or sit ups, and gets cradled. It'd be fantastic. Either that or he's so enamored of having the briefcase that he forgets to turn it in. But I don't write wrestling in my head the way most people do.  :lol
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1356 on: April 08, 2013, 06:15:31 PM »
I know a lot of people are high on Ziggler, but I think he'd be the PERFECT candidate to be the first guy to come to the ring to take advantage of a weakened champion, turn in his contract, and LOSE. It has to happen sooner or later, and Ziggler's arrogant, show off personality is perfect for the job. He comes out, does a couple of push ups or sit ups, and gets cradled. It'd be fantastic. Either that or he's so enamored of having the briefcase that he forgets to turn it in. But I don't write wrestling in my head the way most people do.  :lol

Cena's already lost a cash in.

I think they'll string Ziggler all the way to MITB.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1357 on: April 08, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »
All hail Dolph Ziggler :hat :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1358 on: April 08, 2013, 07:37:40 PM »
That was the best moment on RAW in ages.  The crowd popped like mad when he came out, when he hit his finisher, and when he got the 3-count.  :hat :hat :hat

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1359 on: April 08, 2013, 08:15:23 PM »
That was the best moment on RAW in ages.  The crowd popped like mad when he came out, when he hit his finisher, and when he got the 3-count.  :hat :hat :hat

That was easily one of the loudest pops I've heard in a while. This crowd has been equal parts hilarious and awesome all night.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1360 on: April 08, 2013, 08:18:03 PM »
All of Raw's momentum went right out the window with Shamus vs. Randy Orton, but the crowd is incredible

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1361 on: April 08, 2013, 08:46:40 PM »

Offline Jaq

« Reply #1362 on: April 08, 2013, 08:50:05 PM »
The crowd humming Fandango's theme song was a stroke of sheer brilliance. I love those mad bastards.

As for Ziggler-I'll give them credit, they actually made Del Rio losing into the best two minute long match you could possibly have. What I was hoping for was Ziggler to be the first person to come out and lose to the destroyed champion, as Cena's loss, if memory serves, was in a normal match with time to prepare. Though I still think Ziggler being so fond of being Mr. Money In The Bank that he forgot to cash it in would be gold.  :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1363 on: April 08, 2013, 08:53:03 PM »
DOLPH ZIGGLER!!!!!

Holy shit what a pop when his music hit!!! You would've thought it was Stone Cold's music that hit! God I loved that pop!

EDIT: The crowd getting bored with the Sheamus/Orton match and chants random things?? AWESOME!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 09:13:20 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1364 on: April 08, 2013, 09:11:28 PM »
So, was that a heel turn by Ryback or not?  The crowd treated him like a king for laying Cena out, but the announcers treated it like a heel turn.

Also, no appearance by Punk tonight means the rumor about him taking time off after Wrestlemania to let some injuries heal is likely true.  The good news is, they can plan an epic return for him, probably sometime in early summer/late spring.