Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 214505 times)

Offline Syzzle

Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29
« Reply #875 on: October 05, 2012, 03:13:11 PM »
The Rock would probably appear reguarly I believe the only thing he has going on between RR, and WM29 is promoting the G.I. Joe movie which he could take Mondays off from that.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #876 on: October 05, 2012, 03:38:24 PM »
Exactly... he'll be around for the "Road to Wrestlemania". Maybe he defends the thing at Elimination Chamber. But I think he'll drop it to Cena at WM. We shall see.

I also think Ryback will win the Rumble and challenge Ziggler for the World Title. But we'll see

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #877 on: October 05, 2012, 04:40:08 PM »
I also think Ryback will win the Rumble and challenge Ziggler for the World Title. But we'll see

I hope so, but for right now it looks like they're trying to build something between him and Punk too.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #878 on: October 05, 2012, 05:09:20 PM »

I hope so, but for right now it looks like they're trying to build something between him and Punk too.

I think that's a backup plan in case Cena isn't healthy by Hell in a Cell.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #879 on: October 05, 2012, 05:09:46 PM »
Ah, that makes sense.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #880 on: October 05, 2012, 06:36:37 PM »
This is my understanding as far as Austin coming back for one more match:

-Yes, he thinks he has one more good match in him.

-Yes, Punk would probably be his opponent. The Austin vs Straight Edge storyline writes itself.

-No, it probably won't happen at WM29 (which pains me to say, as I'll be going to Wrestlemania next year). First of all, he had knee surgery recently (which is why he wasn't at Raw 1000), and may not be 100% by then. Secondly, supposedly he won't come back unless his return for the unquestioned main event. That won't be the case with Rocky and Lesnar in matches this year.

Also, I've heard one idea they're discussing is keeping Ryback undefeated into next year and having a streak vs Streak match with him and Undertaker at Wrestlemania.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #881 on: October 05, 2012, 06:44:27 PM »

-Yes, Punk would probably be his opponent. The Austin vs Straight Edge storyline writes itself.

-No, it probably won't happen at WM29 (which pains me to say, as I'll be going to Wrestlemania next year). First of all, he had knee surgery recently (which is why he wasn't at Raw 1000), and may not be 100% by then. Secondly, supposedly he won't come back unless his return for the unquestioned main event. That won't be the case with Rocky and Lesnar in matches this year.

Also, I've heard one idea they're discussing is keeping Ryback undefeated into next year and having a streak vs Streak match with him and Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

He missed Raw 1000 because he was shooting Grown Ups 2 with Sandler.

I will be very surprised if it doesn't happen this year. Every indication is that it will.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #882 on: October 05, 2012, 06:51:13 PM »

He missed Raw 1000 because he was shooting Grown Ups 2 with Sandler.

I will be very surprised if it doesn't happen this year. Every indication is that it will.

I guess the knee surgery was legit and the Grown Ups thing was just a rumor. But even so, he could be good to go in plenty of time to work the match.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #883 on: October 05, 2012, 06:52:39 PM »
If Rock wins the title at Royal Rumble, wouldn't that mean he has to, like, be a regular on the show? They can't have the WWE Champion only show up once a month can they?

Hulk Hogan in 1993 would like a word with you.  :lol
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #884 on: October 05, 2012, 06:54:36 PM »

Ooo, that could be REAL interesting if it plays out like that.  Wouldn't mind seeing that at all, either.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #885 on: October 05, 2012, 09:14:48 PM »
If Rock wins the title at Royal Rumble, wouldn't that mean he has to, like, be a regular on the show? They can't have the WWE Champion only show up once a month can they?

Hulk Hogan in 1993 would like a word with you.  :lol

I wasn't watching wrestling in '93 :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #886 on: October 06, 2012, 01:23:47 PM »
Oh fuck no! No no no no!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #887 on: October 07, 2012, 12:22:26 AM »
I approve of Ryback vs. Undertaker only if Taker tombstones him seven seconds into the match. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #888 on: October 07, 2012, 08:15:15 AM »
I approve of Ryback vs. Undertaker only if Taker tombstones him seven seconds into the match.

Then makes the ref do a 5 count!

Seriously, if Flair, Orton, Edge, Kane, HBK (x2), HHH (x2) didn't end the streak, no one should.  That would be disgraceful and an absolute travesty.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #889 on: October 07, 2012, 08:18:26 AM »
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #890 on: October 07, 2012, 08:24:53 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #891 on: October 07, 2012, 08:28:12 AM »
I believe that the Undertaker should retire with the streak intact. But if they decided to let someone beat him for it, it should be an up and comer that can hang his hat on it, such as Sandow, Barrett or Ziggler.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #892 on: October 07, 2012, 08:31:36 AM »
The best HHH Wrestlemania was him getting squashed by The Ultimate Warrior in his first Wrestlemania appearance. :metal :metal

And par for the course, HHH has remained bitter and pissy about it. :lol :lol :lol

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #893 on: October 07, 2012, 08:39:16 AM »
Of he course he has HHH's ego doesn't like to lose especially at Wrestlemania.

Thats why he's going to wrestle Brock Lesnar again at WM29. I think Lesnar should break both of his arms for real then just retire with the millions they payed him to do nothing basically.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #894 on: October 07, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »
lol it had nothing to do with Triple H losing, and everything to do with Ultimate Warrior popping up after the Pedigree like it was a hip toss or something.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #895 on: October 07, 2012, 08:46:17 AM »
No-selling an opponent's finishing move was a part of the Ultimate Warrior's character, just like it was always a part of Hulk Hogan's character.  HHH should know that.  I just think he is pissed that his first Wrestlemania moment was him getting squashed by a character the WWE now holds in disdain.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #896 on: October 07, 2012, 08:49:01 AM »
Brock Lesnar did basically the same thing in their match after the 2nd pedigree.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #897 on: October 07, 2012, 09:17:28 AM »
Thats why he's going to wrestle Brock Lesnar again at WM29. I think Lesnar should break both of his arms for real then just retire with the millions they payed him to do nothing basically.
Rumors are going around that WWE wants to resign Lesnar when his current contract is up.

I laughed when Lesnar didn't sold that second Pedigree on Summerslam. :lol
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #898 on: October 07, 2012, 01:55:44 PM »
No-selling an opponent's finishing move was a part of the Ultimate Warrior's character, just like it was always a part of Hulk Hogan's character.  HHH should know that.  I just think he is pissed that his first Wrestlemania moment was him getting squashed by a character the WWE now holds in disdain.

Has he said any of this in an interview?  Just curious, because the only time I've ever seen HHH address WMXII, he didn't seem bitter about it at all.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #899 on: October 07, 2012, 02:10:36 PM »
I think HHH was cool with having Warrior squash him because it was such a high profile match early in his career.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #900 on: October 07, 2012, 06:15:58 PM »
I believe that the Undertaker should retire with the streak intact. But if they decided to let someone beat him for it, it should be an up and comer that can hang his hat on it, such as Sandow, Barrett or Ziggler.

Agreed, and I would LOVE for it to be Barrett.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #901 on: October 08, 2012, 10:25:10 AM »
What exactly is Heyman doing with Punk? I thought Heyman only appeared with people who had no idea how to use the mic.

But if they decided to let someone beat him for it, it should be an up and comer that can hang his hat on it, such as Sandow, Barrett or Ziggler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNUr__-VZeQ

Was looking at wwe.com this weekend… what the hell is up with their pictures?? They look like action figures.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #902 on: October 08, 2012, 11:35:11 PM »
So evidently Punk struck a fan in the crowd right before Raw went off the air tonight. Interesting to see what the fallout will be.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #903 on: October 09, 2012, 12:09:33 AM »
Nothing will happen the guy was hitting CM Punk, and got exactly what he deserved.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #904 on: October 09, 2012, 10:27:50 AM »
Punk was getting pushed around, IMO the guy he struck wasn't the one doing it but he was pushed 3-4 times before he punched back.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #905 on: October 09, 2012, 11:29:11 AM »
Punk was getting pushed around, IMO the guy he struck wasn't the one doing it but he was pushed 3-4 times before he punched back.

according to a couple of websites the guy is pressing charges against Punk.....there is another  video from the shot from the stands...some guy on Punk's right (our left from the view) pushed Punk pretty hard 2 or 3 times than this guy slide in behind Punk, Punk assumed it was him and gave him a pretty nice shot before placing his hand in the guys face and pushing him backwards

If this wasn't a shoot, Vince can't be happy
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #906 on: October 09, 2012, 11:44:51 AM »
Didn't look "planned" to me. :dunno:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #907 on: October 09, 2012, 12:09:28 PM »
Eh, Vince will pay that fan a ton of money to drop the charges, he'll give Punk a tongue-lashing of epic proportions, and everything will be fine.  Vince has too much time and money invested in Punk to let it all go to shit over this one little thing. 

As for the incident itself, while it is hard to condone a wrestler hitting a fan, fans shouldn't be putting their hands on the wrestlers either.  I mean, if someone is hitting you from behind, how long do you just stand there and take it, especially since you don't know far the person hitting you will take it?  Honestly, given how often the wrestlers go into the crowd like that, I am shocked it took this long for something like that to happen.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #908 on: October 09, 2012, 12:16:34 PM »
Eh, Vince will pay that fan a ton of money to drop the charges, he'll give Punk a tongue-lashing of epic proportions, and everything will be fine.  Vince has too much time and money invested in Punk to let it all go to shit over this one little thing.

Yeah, that's a really good point.  Vince has plenty of cash to throw at this too.

As for the incident itself, while it is hard to condone a wrestler hitting a fan, fans shouldn't be putting their hands on the wrestlers either.  I mean, if someone is hitting you from behind, how long do you just stand there and take it, especially since you don't know far the person hitting you will take it?  Honestly, given how often the wrestlers go into the crowd like that, I am shocked it took this long for something like that to happen.

Also agreed, especially on what I bolded.  I suspect something like this has been brewing for quite a while, and Punk just happened to be the one to lose his cool about it.  I can't blame him at all, though.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #909 on: October 09, 2012, 12:18:41 PM »