Author Topic: The Alice Cooper thread  (Read 71471 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: The Alice Cooper thread
« Reply #595 on: August 14, 2022, 12:19:44 PM »
Quick clip from Twitter of Nita kicking ass on the opening night of the tour...no matter the act, I don't think anyone is going to keep Nita in the background, or could if it was even possible...

https://twitter.com/hurricanenita/status/1558710530885488641?s=20&t=xI2sn5zbVaEsdNFrflqq9g
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 02:05:55 PM by lonestar »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #596 on: August 14, 2022, 12:59:02 PM »
That's awesome!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #597 on: August 14, 2022, 03:25:26 PM »
I'd love to see Alice with Kane and will be there if he hits the UK. RYFAH was one of the first few metal albums i bought and I love it to this day. If they were to do Step On You, Lock Me Up or Freedom (as well as the already mentioned Roses On White Lace) I'd be made up.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #598 on: August 14, 2022, 03:35:42 PM »
I'd love to see Alice with Kane and will be there if he hits the UK. RYFAH was one of the first few metal albums i bought and I love it to this day. If they were to do Step On You, Lock Me Up or Freedom (as well as the already mentioned Roses On White Lace) I'd be made up.

On the RYFAY tour, they played Freedom, Prince Of Darkness, Chop Chop Chop, Gail, and Roses On White Lace.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #599 on: August 14, 2022, 03:50:06 PM »

Well, they'te playing three songs off the Kane albums so it's already a good moment for Kane to step back in!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #600 on: August 14, 2022, 04:07:38 PM »
Quick clip from Twitter of Nita kicking ass on the opening night of the tour...no matter the act, I don't think anyone is going to keep Nita in the background, or could if it was even possible...

https://twitter.com/hurricanenita/status/1558710530885488641?s=20&t=xI2sn5zbVaEsdNFrflqq9g

I wonder how many people there who had no idea who she was was wondering who tf they just saw on guitar  :lol I mean, seriously, she's such an impressive guitarist that even in Alice's band, if you didn't know, you probably were thinking the same thing.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #601 on: August 14, 2022, 05:04:28 PM »

I wonder how many people there who had no idea who she was was wondering who tf they just saw on guitar  :lol I mean, seriously, she's such an impressive guitarist that even in Alice's band, if you didn't know, you probably were thinking the same thing.

Right? If Demi's idea is to expand her brand to a heavier style, it's probably the smartest thing she could've done, and if Nita's idea was to enamore herself to a whole shit ton of new fans in a completely different genre, definitely consider that mission accomplished

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #602 on: August 14, 2022, 05:12:38 PM »
And the next time the inevitable If James Leaves, Who Should Be The Next DT Vocalist Thread, we must now remember Demi Lovato.

She's got some fucking pipes.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #603 on: February 04, 2023, 05:45:53 AM »
Let's take a moment to wish the one and only Alice Cooper happy birthday, 75 years young and still going strong  :metal

Man, what a living legend. Definitively at one of the highest places on my list of "people to see every time there's a chance while they're still around".
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #604 on: February 04, 2023, 05:47:19 AM »
Let's take a moment to wish the one and only Alice Cooper happy birthday, 75 years young and still going strong  :metal

Man, what a living legend. Definitively at one of the highest places on my list of "people to see every time there's a chance while they're still around".

:hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline DTA

« Reply #605 on: February 04, 2023, 08:25:33 AM »
Still kicks ass at 75. Hopefully he never retires

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #606 on: February 04, 2023, 09:46:29 AM »
Alice is doing a summer tour with Rob Zombie, pretty bummed it's not coming to my local amphitheater.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #607 on: February 04, 2023, 11:59:12 AM »
Still kicks ass at 75. Hopefully he never retires

I remembered a quote and I went looking for it. It was said in 2005 so it was a long time ago by now, but so far, he's living up to it:

"I look at Mick Jagger and he's on an 18-month tour and he's six years older than me, so I figure, when he retires, I have six more years. I will not let him beat me when it comes to longevity."

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #608 on: February 04, 2023, 12:05:51 PM »
I feel as long as Alice is able to physically perform he'll be performing. You can tell he's still having fun
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #609 on: February 11, 2023, 10:25:22 AM »
Last year, there were a lot more BVs, but still a great show.

There was an article in the paper today, and the wife asked me if I would be interested in this 

https://www.amazon.com/Alice-Cooper-at-Gary-Graff/dp/0760378274

Oh, hell yes!

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #610 on: February 11, 2023, 04:44:40 PM »
That looks nice. $64 is kind of steep though. But it does look like a great product.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #611 on: March 07, 2023, 02:34:36 AM »
Nita's coming back to Alice for the summer tour.  I wish that tour was coming to my town.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #612 on: March 07, 2023, 04:33:13 AM »
Yay  :metal

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #613 on: June 14, 2023, 12:42:50 PM »
New album out 25th of August!!!  :metal

ROAD is the name of the record, and here's the lead single, I'm Alice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVxJwWgv5Gg&ab_channel=earMUSIC

Written with his touring band, as he said he would do. This is just confirmation of what has already been said, that he would write an album tentatively named "Road" with the current live band.

Tracklist:

I’m Alice
    Welcome To The Show
    All Over The World
    Dead Don’t Dance
    Go Away
    White Line Frankenstein
    Big Boots
    Rules Of The Road
    The Big Goodbye
    Road Rats Forever
    Baby Please Don’t Go
    100 More Miles

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #614 on: June 14, 2023, 01:53:39 PM »
I've listened a couple of times, and hopefully musically, it'll grow on me, but lyrically and vocally, it's top shelf Alice, so I'm digging it.

I believe he actually has another album already in the can.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #615 on: June 14, 2023, 02:11:16 PM »
"White Line Frankenstein".  What a great title.

Offline DTA

« Reply #616 on: June 14, 2023, 05:08:39 PM »
Road Rats Forever…maybe a reworking of the Lace & Whisky song?

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #617 on: June 15, 2023, 08:44:28 AM »
I still think it's super weird to have a band and not record with them. Now Alice is acting like it's unfortunate he doesn't record with them. It actually makes me less excited for the album. Are they good enough or not?

Granted, an album like Paranormal was outstanding and only had one or two members appearing on a track or two so he does get results. Still kinda weird.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #618 on: June 15, 2023, 11:48:36 AM »
Alice seems to think of his touring band and his tours as separate from his studio work and studio albums.  It's pretty much always been this way, ever since Welcome to My Nightmare.  Obviously he has to put together a band when he hits the road, and it's gonna be mostly folks he's worked with in the past, but in the studio it's track by track and who or what he needs on any given song.  I mean, he went solo in the first place because he wasn't into being tied down to a band and a single vision.  The vision is his and whatever he wants it to be.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #619 on: June 15, 2023, 12:38:22 PM »
Alice seems to think of his touring band and his tours as separate from his studio work and studio albums.  It's pretty much always been this way, ever since Welcome to My Nightmare.  Obviously he has to put together a band when he hits the road, and it's gonna be mostly folks he's worked with in the past, but in the studio it's track by track and who or what he needs on any given song.  I mean, he went solo in the first place because he wasn't into being tied down to a band and a single vision.  The vision is his and whatever he wants it to be.

To an extent yes but he also used to have a revolving door for band members. Usually if a guy was a member of his band at the time, they would appear on the album. There were just so many that were coming and going that there was some inconsistency. He also has had a ton of guest musicians doing a lead here or there. Lately he has been almost exclusively using session musicians despite having the most consistent lineup he has EVER had (including the original band). Just kind of weird. And honestly, I think it would help sales to have a more consistent product. Probably not enough for Alice to give a crap though.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #620 on: August 25, 2023, 01:12:48 PM »
Road Rats Forever…maybe a reworking of the Lace & Whisky song?

Yup!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #621 on: August 25, 2023, 01:32:07 PM »

So I got one listen in and I have it on for a second listen right now.

My first impression isn't a great one. That said, I expect to warm up to it, but I think it's a bit of a step down from his previous two albums.

This is the fourth album in a row that he's done since reuniting with Bob Ezrin. I don't include Welcome 2 My Nightmare, because that's its own animal, but his last three albums, Paranormal, Detroit Stories, and now Road, all have a somewhat similar feel. Paranormal has more variety and is the best of the three.
I know he used his touring band, and I don't know what, if any, effect it had on the songs, other than they did share in some of the songwriting, but they all seemed to write the same song.

Too many of these songs, almost all actually, have the same plodding pace. Is it possible for a three minute song to feel too long.

I love Alice Cooper, and he's still the star of the album. His vocal ability is remarkable. Not as a singer, but as a vocalist. His sneer, sarcasm, humor, it's all there in his delivery. I will always find a way to enjoy him, even over mediocre garage rock. There are also some really nice guitar solos on this album too.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #622 on: August 25, 2023, 02:35:54 PM »
Isn't this the first complete band effort for a studio album with the current lineup?  I would have hoped for a better review.  The last new Alice Cooper album I listened to was Welcome to My Nightmare 2 which was complete tripe.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #623 on: August 25, 2023, 02:38:39 PM »
Isn't this the first complete band effort for a studio album with the current lineup?  I would have hoped for a better review.  The last new Alice Cooper album I listened to was Welcome to My Nightmare 2 which was complete tripe.

Welcome 2 has its moments, but all in all, I agree with you. The best part is hearing Alice's Eminem impression. :lol

Paranormal is actually pretty good overall.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #624 on: August 26, 2023, 03:16:50 PM »
Warming up after my third listen.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #625 on: August 27, 2023, 12:31:15 AM »
Is it better than Detroit Stories? That album is nothing special at all but I really enjoy listening to it for some reason.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #626 on: August 27, 2023, 06:35:31 AM »
Is it better than Detroit Stories? That album is nothing special at all but I really enjoy listening to it for some reason.

In a way, this is quite similar. But like that album, it creeps up on you, and you just find yourself head bobbing out of the blue.

Alice has so many styles of music behind him on his albums, but he is the constant, and I think he is excellent on this album.

Offline DTA

« Reply #627 on: August 27, 2023, 10:16:23 AM »
Really enjoying this album so far (2 listens in). Feels like a continuation of Detroit Stories and Paranormal, but I like those a lot, so more is fine with me. Can’t say I hear too much different with the live musicians being involved, except maybe some Glenn Sobel drum stuff.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #628 on: August 27, 2023, 04:44:37 PM »
Well I decided to blind-buy it and I just listened to it and I really liked it. I can already say I like it better than Detroit Stories.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #629 on: August 27, 2023, 04:49:24 PM »
Yeah, I was a bit too harsh on it the first time through. I'm really enjoying it.