Author Topic: Title: Discovering the Magic of Kembo: A Band Worth Your Attention!  (Read 1031 times)

Offline The Great Ape

Hey fellow music enthusiasts,

I recently stumbled upon this incredible band called Kembo, and I couldn't wait to share my newfound musical obsession with you all. Kembo is a relatively lesser-known indie band that hails from the vibrant music scene of New Orleans. Their unique blend of genres, captivating lyrics, and mesmerizing melodies have truly won me over.

Kembo's music defies easy categorization, but if I had to describe it, I'd say it's a fusion of folk, jazz, and soul with a sprinkle of indie rock. What sets them apart is their ability to seamlessly weave together intricate instrumentals and heartfelt storytelling into each track. Listening to their songs feels like embarking on an emotional journey; they can evoke a sense of nostalgia, joy, or even introspection with every note.

One thing I absolutely love about Kembo is their authenticity. Their lyrics are raw and honest, often touching on themes of love, loss, and personal growth. The lead vocalist's voice is hauntingly beautiful, and it perfectly complements the band's tight-knit instrumentation. They create an atmosphere that draws you in, making it impossible not to feel a connection to their music.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend giving Kembo a listen. Their music has a way of staying with you long after the final chord fades away. Whether you're in need of some soul-soothing tunes or simply want to discover a hidden gem in the music world, Kembo is a band that deserves your attention. Trust me; you won't be disappointed!

Do you have any favorite songs or bands that you'd like to share as well? Let's keep the musical conversation going!
"You know what? Enough is enough. There's enough hate in this world; there's enough frickin' negativity in this world" - James LaBrie

Offline HOF

Re: Title: Discovering the Magic of Kembo: A Band Worth Your Attention!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 11:06:18 AM »
Sounds interesting enough. I get nothing when I search Amazon music (actually a different artist altogether and a bunch of similarly spelled artists). Have any YouTube links handy?

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 11:43:57 AM »
they sound interesting, i would check them out as well. would love for you to share some of their stuff!

like HOF, i am unable to find them anywhere  :|
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 12:57:43 PM »
Also cannot find anything about this band anywhere. “Lesser-known” is an understatement, they don’t even seem to exist.

Offline HOF

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2023, 01:31:17 PM »
Starting to wonder if we’ve been conned! OP kind of reads like it might be AI generated or something.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2023, 01:32:18 PM »
I was literally just thinking that.

Idk, I don’t wanna jump to conclusions just yet. But Great Ape, you need to give us some kinda proof that this band is real. A YouTube link or something.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 01:43:55 PM by Metropolaris »

Offline The Great Ape

"You know what? Enough is enough. There's enough hate in this world; there's enough frickin' negativity in this world" - James LaBrie

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2023, 02:00:14 PM »
Hey fellow music enthusiasts,

I recently stumbled upon this incredible band called Kembo, and I couldn't wait to share my newfound musical obsession with you all. Kembo is a relatively lesser-known indie band that hails from the vibrant music scene of New Orleans. Their unique blend of genres, captivating lyrics, and mesmerizing melodies have truly won me over.

Kembo's music defies easy categorization, but if I had to describe it, I'd say it's a fusion of folk, jazz, and soul with a sprinkle of indie rock. What sets them apart is their ability to seamlessly weave together intricate instrumentals and heartfelt storytelling into each track. Listening to their songs feels like embarking on an emotional journey; they can evoke a sense of nostalgia, joy, or even introspection with every note.

One thing I absolutely love about Kembo is their authenticity. Their lyrics are raw and honest, often touching on themes of love, loss, and personal growth. The lead vocalist's voice is hauntingly beautiful, and it perfectly complements the band's tight-knit instrumentation. They create an atmosphere that draws you in, making it impossible not to feel a connection to their music.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend giving Kembo a listen. Their music has a way of staying with you long after the final chord fades away. Whether you're in need of some soul-soothing tunes or simply want to discover a hidden gem in the music world, Kembo is a band that deserves your attention. Trust me; you won't be disappointed!

Do you have any favorite songs or bands that you'd like to share as well? Let's keep the musical conversation going!
i appreciate your enthusiasm for kembo, and it's always great to discover new music. while i must admit that my musical tastes lean more towards the realm of progressive metal, i'm always open to exploring different genres and bands, especially when they come with such a passionate recommendation.

your description of kembo's music as a fusion of folk, jazz, and soul with a touch of indie rock definitely piques my interest. the ability to weave intricate instrumentals and heartfelt storytelling sounds like a hallmark of progressive music, even if the genres are different. i've always believed that music's power lies in its ability to evoke emotions and take you on a journey, so if kembo can do that, count me in.

i'll definitely give kembo a listen and see if they can make a place in my eclectic music collection. thanks for the recommendation, and who knows, maybe i'll find a new side to my musical tastes! :hat
i need to live life like some people never will, so find me kindness find me beauty find me truth

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2023, 07:55:17 PM »
Sorry, here goes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YAi-rFGuA0

i feel like we were all just gloriously trolled and i don't know if i should laugh or be upset that i fell for it  :lol
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline HOF

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2023, 08:01:01 PM »
Sorry, here goes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YAi-rFGuA0

i feel like we were all just gloriously trolled and i don't know if i should laugh or be upset that i fell for it  :lol

I, personally, was waiting for someone else to click on the link and report back.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2023, 08:07:54 PM »
The singer says in the first minute "This song is called Kembo". The band is called The Living Rock, I guess?
So once again, the band Kembo does not exist  :lol

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2023, 04:38:54 AM »
There are a few new account cropping up on this board recently, and I've suspected for a while a couple (or more) of them are the same person probably having a laugh.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2023, 04:58:55 AM »
There are a few new account cropping up on this board recently, and I've suspected for a while a couple (or more) of them are the same person probably having a laugh.

Same. I've even sent a report to the mods last week, asking about three particular accounts I suspected were the same person. Then I thought maybe that was my imagination :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2023, 05:56:22 AM »

Someone else noted a similarity to WildRanger's old threads–I'm beginning to wonder if he hath returned to get his revenge! :metal

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2023, 06:16:56 AM »

Someone else noted a similarity to WildRanger's old threads–I'm beginning to wonder if he hath returned to get his revenge! :metal

We can only hope!

Offline Skeever

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2023, 06:33:46 AM »

Same. I've even sent a report to the mods last week, asking about three particular accounts I suspected were the same person. Then I thought maybe that was my imagination :lol

Is there a list somewhere of which mods are actually active? Does not seem like there is really any moderating going on here. I know bosk is the big guy and he's been going through his issues, but a guy I met at the DT show in Philly several months ago told me that he tried to sign up and never saw his registration activated.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2023, 06:46:45 AM »

Lol!

To be fair, I think WildRanger tended to pose sincere, albeit, head-scratching daily threads.

This one, however, was a total troll-fest :laugh:

We can only hope!

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2023, 07:24:03 AM »

Is there a list somewhere of which mods are actually active? Does not seem like there is really any moderating going on here. I know bosk is the big guy and he's been going through his issues, but a guy I met at the DT show in Philly several months ago told me that he tried to sign up and never saw his registration activated.

based on posts i've seen around the site recently with a strong bend towards misogyny i'd agree with you that there appears to be no moderating going on. in another thread i had called some of it out and was told to report it instead, and have, but alas, the bad actors seem to be posting still. i would say it definitely seems like there's no moderation happening :/
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2023, 07:41:14 AM »

based on posts i've seen around the site recently with a strong bend towards misogyny i'd agree with you that there appears to be no moderating going on. in another thread i had called some of it out and was told to report it instead, and have, but alas, the bad actors seem to be posting still. i would say it definitely seems like there's no moderation happening :/

I've noticed the same thing. There have been a handful of posts where I've literally winced... :justjen

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2023, 07:55:06 AM »

I've noticed the same thing. There have been a handful of posts where I've literally winced... :justjen

yeah.... it sucks, it's really hard to find good community for niche interests like prog metal and i can tell the community here is great there's just quite a few bad apples kind of spoiling things and it's a big shame  :(
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2023, 10:09:44 AM »

I did see the report, but since the IPs of the users you brought up weren't shared and I am not willing to ban people based purely on a hunch, I did not act on it at the time. You can feel free to discuss things further by PM if you wish.

We did have some issues with registration where people were trying to sign up with burner accounts and therefore never got their activation emails, and a period during the summer months where I was basically inactive as I was travelling, and Bosk was (unbeknownst to me at the time) also inactive so approvals did get missed during that time. We are now better at keeping on top of things, and the requirement for an active email has been made more explicit during the sign up process.

Moderating is a volunteer thing, and all of us have other real life stuff to deal with, so we can only act on things we happen to see, or things that are directly reported.

In any case, this thread is clearly going nowhere with regards to the original topic, so locked, and we will be keeping an eye on future threads. If by some miracle this band happens to be real, feel free to provide a link to YT or spotify next time.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 10:17:03 AM by XJDenton »
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman