Author Topic: The "Apple Inc." Thread iPad Mini  (Read 259271 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: The "Apple Thread" iPad 2 + White iPhone In Stores Now
« Reply #1260 on: May 19, 2011, 11:38:39 AM »
I can get them not wanting to "confirm or deny", but at least remove it.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #1261 on: May 19, 2011, 11:43:23 AM »
Most viruses and malware come from things that people download and install of their own volition, I don't see why that means Apple shouldn't fix it.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1262 on: May 19, 2011, 11:45:43 AM »
They roll out security updates all the time and nobody knows why. They are always working to protect against this shit. It's just one got through. It will be fixed with the next update most likely. About 2 years ago there was something very similar to this where you had to install a software package yourself in order to install malware. It was fixed shortly after.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1263 on: May 19, 2011, 11:49:53 AM »
But once again, why wouldn't they fix it? If you bill your product as being ultra-safe, virus free, and idiot-proof you should own up to it.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1264 on: May 19, 2011, 11:52:51 AM »
But once again, why wouldn't they fix it? If you bill your product as being ultra-safe, virus free, and idiot-proof you should own up to it.

they said they are working on fixing it.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1265 on: May 19, 2011, 11:54:15 AM »
They specifically instructed their tech support not to touch it and not even tell the user if there was something wrong with it. I mean, wtf?

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1266 on: May 19, 2011, 01:36:45 PM »
I'm curious as to why people think that a company should be responsible to help fix an issue that a customer caused? If I accidentally put diesel fuel in my car, it's not like Nissan would fix it for me. Now if the customer is paying for the tech support they should help.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1267 on: May 19, 2011, 01:38:11 PM »
I'm curious as to why people think that a company should be responsible to help fix an issue that a customer caused? If I accidentally put diesel fuel in my car, it's not like Nissan would fix it for me. Now if the customer is paying for the tech support they should help.

I assumed customers had to pay for most Apple tech support, depending on the issue. It just seems weird for them to not address it at all.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1268 on: May 19, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »
I know what you mean. But what I'm saying is there could be a fix very soon so instead of talking about it they are going to fix it and pretend it never happened.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1269 on: May 19, 2011, 01:42:29 PM »
Steve Jobs works in mysterious ways.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1270 on: May 19, 2011, 10:49:17 PM »
I feel like Apple tech support is just someone on the phone going "Take it to the Genius Bar".

And in the incredibly rare off-chance that I actually possess a Mac in the future, are they easy to work on if something goes wrong or would I end up getting frustrated if most of the default responses to problems are "send it to us to fix, for a fee"? I only say this because everyone I know who has had a Mac has always sent it in to Apple or gone to an Apple store whenever there was a problem with their computer. It made me wonder if the damn things are impossible to fix as a customer.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1271 on: May 19, 2011, 11:24:09 PM »
I've been "Working on" macs for about a decade now. At my old job for the last 10 years i was the mac guy for any problems and questions. Honestly it depends on the problem but most of the time i was able to fix the problem or at least diagnose it.  If it's software related, i can almost always fix it. I don't see it as any more difficult than a PC. To me it's easier but that's because i know the ins and outs of macs a lot more. I am kind of lost when it comes to PC's. If you can fix a PC you can probably fix a mac. A simple google search usually helps.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1273 on: May 20, 2011, 11:39:55 AM »
Well it's less harmful than most other religions. LONG LIVE APPLE!   :angel:

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1274 on: May 20, 2011, 11:41:26 AM »
The question is, what happens to Apple fans after the Rapture?

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1275 on: May 21, 2011, 12:23:26 AM »
We're the ones that are getting raptured, silly. God is a Mac user.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline In The Name Of Rudess

« Reply #1276 on: May 21, 2011, 02:50:30 AM »

He's not:
https://theoatmeal.com/comics/rapture

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1277 on: May 21, 2011, 02:58:11 AM »
That was amazing.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1278 on: May 21, 2011, 03:58:29 PM »
Well it's less harmful than most other religions.
I smell a hypocrite...

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1279 on: May 21, 2011, 09:48:53 PM »
Well it's less harmful than most other religions.
I smell a hypocrite...

In what way?

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1280 on: May 21, 2011, 09:50:31 PM »
Wow! This is pretty awesome.

https://www.tipb.com/2011/05/20/att-shows-lightning-fast-lte-network-future-iphone-4g/

AT&T shows off lightning fast LTE network for future 4G iPhone

AT&T shows off lightning fast LTE network for future 4G iPhone

GigaOM was able to play around with the trial LTE network that AT&T has setup at their Foundry space in Plano, TX, which just might be used by iPhone 6 in 2012. They were able to reach blazingly fast speeds, beating out Verizon’s LTE performance without a hitch.

the highlight of the lab was that the Foundry is home to a trial Long Term Evolution network. I asked for a demo and got one. The speeds provided on the download side were about 28.87 Mbps, and were about 10.4 Mbps on the upload side.

The technology behind their test LTE network consists of both 700 MHz spectrum as well as the AWS band they already own (and want to get more of by purchasing T-Mobile USA).

Keep in mind that AT&T’s LTE network isn’t going to see the light of day for some time, but it’s also important to note the speeds they saw were reflective of ‘real-world’ performance. By comparison, Verizon users see on average ~10Mbps down and ~5Mbps up, so that’s a pretty significant difference in speed.

Are you excited as we are to see the iPhone taking advantage of these 4G speeds on AT&T’s network down the road? And will the new network finally bring with it reliability to match?

[GigaOM]

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1281 on: May 21, 2011, 11:45:30 PM »
I'm not excited because they should've had 4G on the iPhone I bought a year ago.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1282 on: May 22, 2011, 02:57:52 AM »
Why? It's barely anywhere right now and it's a battery hog. Next year it wil be in a lot more places and the tech will be better.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1283 on: May 22, 2011, 03:19:16 AM »
I used to want a Mac back when I had like two friends with them who loved them because they never had virus or hardware issues.

Then a couple of years went bye and I suddenly knew tons of people with Macs. They, like me, seemed to have the same rate of luck with their Macs as I do with my PC laptops. And a friend of mine just paid a genius like $500 to fix a problem his Mac was having with its fan.

I don't hate Macs or anything, but the more I'm seeing them around the more I'm starting to notice the cracks, that they're not really worth the price-tag.

I've had my laptop for like 4 years now and it's starting to crash more often and show other signs of weakness though, so I'm wondering what to get next.

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #1284 on: May 22, 2011, 04:03:07 AM »
I've been considering a mac for a little while purely because I need to use unix based software. I'm currently having a battle in my head as to whether to put together a hackintosh or just buy a laptop and ubuntu it instead...
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1285 on: May 22, 2011, 04:17:07 AM »
I used to want a Mac back when I had like two friends with them who loved them because they never had virus or hardware issues.

Then a couple of years went bye and I suddenly knew tons of people with Macs. They, like me, seemed to have the same rate of luck with their Macs as I do with my PC laptops. And a friend of mine just paid a genius like $500 to fix a problem his Mac was having with its fan.

I don't hate Macs or anything, but the more I'm seeing them around the more I'm starting to notice the cracks, that they're not really worth the price-tag.

I've had my laptop for like 4 years now and it's starting to crash more often and show other signs of weakness though, so I'm wondering what to get next.

Worth the price tag for me and many others.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1286 on: May 22, 2011, 07:13:45 AM »

For what, though?

I'm not trying to troll people in the thread who actually like Macs, but as someone who's occasionally flirted with the idea of getting on I find that the more I learn about them, the harder and harder it'll be to actually sell me on 'em.

And, I always liked the no virus' thing. But since the initial selling point for me was the hardware and customer service, which seem to be getting worse, I'm not sure what would be the point of getting on now.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #1287 on: May 22, 2011, 12:00:29 PM »

He's not:
https://theoatmeal.com/comics/rapture

I remember BonziBuddy

That shit ruins your computer

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1288 on: May 22, 2011, 12:31:42 PM »

For what, though?

I'm not trying to troll people in the thread who actually like Macs, but as someone who's occasionally flirted with the idea of getting on I find that the more I learn about them, the harder and harder it'll be to actually sell me on 'em.

And, I always liked the no virus' thing. But since the initial selling point for me was the hardware and customer service, which seem to be getting worse, I'm not sure what would be the point of getting on now.

I COULD list all the reasons why I only use macs and have been since 2000 but it seems like you already have a negative opinion which is fine. Macs aren't for everyone and thank god they arent.
While I'm happy the company is doing well I do miss the old days a little bit, before apple was so huge. It's weird cause I root for them but feel this way too lol.

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1289 on: May 22, 2011, 12:53:06 PM »

For what, though?

I COULD list all the reasons why I only use macs and have been since 2000 but it seems like you already have a negative opinion which is fine. Macs aren't for everyone and thank god they arent.
While I'm happy the company is doing well I do miss the old days a little bit, before apple was so huge. It's weird cause I root for them but feel this way too lol.

lol

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1290 on: May 22, 2011, 12:56:50 PM »
It's because you like the feeling of elitism that comes with being a Mac user.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1291 on: May 22, 2011, 01:05:37 PM »

Nope

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1292 on: May 22, 2011, 01:07:53 PM »

Nope

Macs aren't for everyone and thank god they arent.

Yeah dude, pretty much.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1293 on: May 22, 2011, 01:49:25 PM »

Nope

Macs aren't for everyone and thank god they arent.

Yeah dude, pretty much.

I don't understand.... Why does everything have to be for everyone? I'm also glad DT isn't for everyone. Doesn't have anything to do with elitism.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1294 on: May 22, 2011, 01:51:36 PM »
also