Author Topic: DREAM THEATER - South American leg of the 40th Anniversary Tour 2024-2025  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Xaves

I really hope they come to the US. I really want to see them for the first time.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice! Thought it strange they would go all the way to South America and only play shows in Brazil. That gives hope they'll still also play in Santiago, Chile as well so we don't get all the COME TO CHILE!!!!!11!!!oneone!!111 posts!   :lol

I am hoping they announce Colombia, man, it would make me very happy.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I really hope they come to the US. I really want to see them for the first time.
???  Of course they will come to the US.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dream Team

Another HoSo account?

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan

Me too, also, welcome to the forums! :metal
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Dream Team

Maybe you guys could start a letter-writing campaign that might convince them to tour the States? One can only hope.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
If they do make it to the states, I hope they play in Boston. That would be so cool.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Setlist Scotty

Guys, give it up. There's no way DT's gonna tour North America! I mean, there's already a precedent where they never play North America. Why would they? You've got a better chance at seeing them in Antarctica!  :facepalm:
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Guys, give it up. There's no way DT's gonna tour North America! I mean, there's already a precedent where they never play North America. Why would they? You've got a better chance at seeing them in Antarctica!  :facepalm:

Indonesia.  I'm going to ask Mike via Facebook, but I'm SURE they're going to Indonesia, and I'm going to take the fam.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Indonesia.  I'm going to ask Mike via Facebook, but I'm SURE they're going to Indonesia, and I'm going to take the fam.

Bro, they tour Indonesia EVERY SINGLE YEAR! Sometimes a few times a year.

But is it wrong to expect them to play their first North American show in their 40 years of touring? I think we're due.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Right after their tour legs for Middle Earth and Narnia.

Wasn't that a photoshopped tour shirt from before they had come to Australia? Maybe SC era?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Right after their tour legs for Middle Earth and Narnia.

I hear there's great acoustics in the Mines of Moria/Khazad-dûm.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I hear there's great acoustics in the Mines of Moria/Khazad-dûm.
Un-fuckin'-paralleled, my dude
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

The sex moan samples in Home would reverberate proudly and gloriously through the halls of Khazad-dum
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Dream Team

The sex moan samples in Home would reverberate proudly and gloriously through the halls of Khazad-dum

You’re definitely fixated on those moans, you’ve brought them up more than once. Anything you’re not telling us?

Offline TheCountOfNYC

You’re definitely fixated on those moans, you’ve brought them up more than once. Anything you’re not telling us?

In HoSo’s defense, I’ve seen plenty of discourse on these forums about that specific section of the song before they were even a member.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

I know all about the honor of god, Mary Jane.
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
I know all about the honor of god, Mary Jane.

HAHA

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
In HoSo’s defense, I’ve seen plenty of discourse on these forums about that specific section of the song before they were even a member.

The song is great but that sample is terrible...

I don't want to listen to a sample of a chick moaning in an audience full of dudes debating on whether her moans are in key and in time or not

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
MP just announced that more South American dates will be revealed soon. And here's something no one expected—fasten your seatbelts, folks, because US dates will be announced soon TOO!!

Check it at almost 3 minutes after the beginning of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEbrKdApMIA

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
He also said, that after announcing London as the first show after the reunion, they realized they couldn't do warm-up shows as they are selling London as the 1st show.

Offline gzarruk

Show in Chile just got announced.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Setlist Scotty

Show in Chile just got announced.
Just as I expected:
Nice! Thought it strange they would go all the way to South America and only play shows in Brazil. That gives hope they'll still also play in Santiago, Chile as well so we don't get all the COME TO CHILE!!!!!11!!!oneone!!111 posts!   :lol
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Now it has changed to "Come to PERUUUUU!" instead :lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline gzarruk

Now it has changed to "Come to PERUUUUU!" instead :lol

Let's hope it works, then :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
Come to URUGUAAAAAAAY!!!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Dec 22, 2024 - Santiago 🇨🇱 Movistar Arena (New date added!)

Offline Setlist Scotty

Wow! A second show? And it's consecutive nights on an Evening With tour in the same city.... Hmmm.....    :justjen

Offline Dream Team

Wow! A second show? And it's consecutive nights on an Evening With tour in the same city.... Hmmm.....    :justjen

Yeah was thinking the same thing . . . Luna Park crowd was awesome so I can see that. Most of the best vocal footage will be from the first night I assume.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Confirmed. The Astonishing in full as the 2nd set.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Confirmed. The Astonishing in full as the 2nd set.

I was thinking Kiss Alive!  PERFECT!!!  :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Works for me!

Offline pg1067

When will the Suriname shows be announced?!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Setlist Scotty

I was thinking Kiss Alive!  PERFECT!!!  :)
Rumor has it will be:

or maybe:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 04:15:11 PM by Setlist Scotty »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni

It'd be cool if they covered something but I doubt it would happen this go around. I feel people might be slightly pissed not getting a full DT show of DT material with MP back.