Author Topic: in celebration of TheHoveringSojourn808's 500th post on these precious forums  (Read 3182 times)

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
hey everybody, i can't believe it, but this is my 500th post here on the dream theater forums. it's been quite a journey, and i wanted to take a moment to reflect on it with all of you.

i remember when i first joined this forum, i was just a newbie, trying to find my place in this incredible community of dream theater fans. those early days were rough, to say the least. i had a lot to learn, and i made some mistakes along the way. i remember getting into some disagreements with fellow forum members over various topics, from favorite albums to the best live performances. it was tough at times, but it was all part of the learning process. what i've come to appreciate the most about this forum is the diversity of opinions and the passion that everyone brings to the discussions. we may not always agree, but that's what makes these conversations so interesting and thought-provoking. i've learned so much from all of you, and i'm grateful for that.

over the years, i've had the chance to dive deep into dream theater's discography, exploring every album and dissecting their complex compositions. i've had the privilege of attending some amazing concerts and sharing my experiences with many dream theater fans. i've also made some incredible friends here, people who share my love for this band and with whom i've had the pleasure of engaging in some truly meaningful discussions. 500 posts may not seem like a lot to some, but to me, it's a testament to the sense of community and camaraderie that exists here. i've grown as a dream theater fan, and as a person, thanks to this forum.

so here's to 500 posts, and to 500,000 more to come. thank you all for being a part of this incredible journey with me. let's keep the dream theater discussions going strong, and continue to share our love for this amazing band.  :metal :metal :metal
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
<---  My board name = my posts.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth of Wall Street
Let’s all chip in and buy this guy a Shift key.

:lol never!! just call me hs cummings
Welcome to the Forums!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
I look forward to your thread celebrating 1000 posts next week.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Skeever

can we please get a mod to make this happen

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
hey everybody, i can't believe it, but this is my 500th post here on the dream theater forums. it's been quite a journey, and i wanted to take a moment to reflect on it with all of you.

i remember when i first joined this forum, i was just a newbie, trying to find my place in this incredible community of dream theater fans. those early days were rough, to say the least. i had a lot to learn, and i made some mistakes along the way. i remember getting into some disagreements with fellow forum members over various topics, from favorite albums to the best live performances. it was tough at times, but it was all part of the learning process. what i've come to appreciate the most about this forum is the diversity of opinions and the passion that everyone brings to the discussions. we may not always agree, but that's what makes these conversations so interesting and thought-provoking. i've learned so much from all of you, and i'm grateful for that.

over the years, i've had the chance to dive deep into dream theater's discography, exploring every album and dissecting their complex compositions. i've had the privilege of attending some amazing concerts and sharing my experiences with many dream theater fans. i've also made some incredible friends here, people who share my love for this band and with whom i've had the pleasure of engaging in some truly meaningful discussions. 500 posts may not seem like a lot to some, but to me, it's a testament to the sense of community and camaraderie that exists here. i've grown as a dream theater fan, and as a person, thanks to this forum.

so here's to 500 posts, and to 500,000 more to come. thank you all for being a part of this incredible journey with me. let's keep the dream theater discussions going strong, and continue to share our love for this amazing band.  :metal :metal :metal

congratulations on hitting your 500th post milestone on the dream theater forums! it's awesome to see your dedication to this community and the band. i can totally relate to your journey, even though i'm just at 133 posts myself. i totally resonate with your reflections on how this forum has been a place of growth, learning, and camaraderie. i likewise got off on the wrong foot with some folks i think, but i've also found so much value in the diverse opinions and passionate discussions here. here's to many more posts and countless more dream theater discussions in the future. rock on :metal :metal

it's a vibe you gotta feel my brother :hat once you go the shift-free life it's hard to stop - i even try copy/pasting my punctuation in sometimes instead of walking the well-tread route
i need to live life like some people never will, so find me kindness find me beauty find me truth

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

can we please get a mod to make this happen
Hmmmmm
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

:lol it may take more than a week for that to happen!
Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to the Forums!

congratulations on hitting your 500th post milestone on the dream theater forums! it's awesome to see your dedication to this community and the band. i can totally relate to your journey, even though i'm just at 133 posts myself. i totally resonate with your reflections on how this forum has been a place of growth, learning, and camaraderie. i likewise got off on the wrong foot with some folks i think, but i've also found so much value in the diverse opinions and passionate discussions here. here's to many more posts and countless more dream theater discussions in the future. rock on :metal :metal

it's a vibe you gotta feel my brother :hat once you go the shift-free life it's hard to stop - i even try copy/pasting my punctuation in sometimes instead of walking the well-tread route

prog master.. you are the TRUE prog master mind. meeting you on this board has been a real treat and i couldn't have said it better myself. thank you! also agree about the lower case vibe. glad we can be brothers in this regard :metal
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son

prog master.. you are the TRUE prog master mind. meeting you on this board has been a real treat and i couldn't have said it better myself. thank you! also agree about the lower case vibe. glad we can be brothers in this regard :metal
This all seems very suspicious....  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

lol here we go again. can't even have a nice celebratory thread without shade and accusations being thrown! good thing i take it in stride. :lol
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline PMSummer

We both joined around the same time so not sure how you got to 500 already. Although I gotta admit, some of those 500 posts were real knee-slappers despite the no caps! 😄 Keep it up!

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape

:rollin

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Here's to 500 more.   :tup

We both joined around the same time so not sure how you got to 500 already. Although I gotta admit, some of those 500 posts were real knee-slappers despite the no caps! 😄 Keep it up!

i'm a libra, everyone loves me and is in love with me

Here's to 500 more.   :tup

:metal hopefully a less turbulent 500 :lol
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
We both joined around the same time so not sure how you got to 500 already.
Because he forgets to switch back and forth between accounts on a regular basis.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
hey everybody, i can't believe it, but this is my 500th post here on the dream theater forums.

We can’t believe it either, honestly.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
We both joined around the same time so not sure how you got to 500 already.
Because he forgets to switch back and forth between accounts on a regular basis.
:neverusethis:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

When you add all three of him, it'll be done by Saturday
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

i love that some of y'all continue to think i am someone else or have alt accounts :lol who am i anyway? i promise y'all there is only one HoveringSojourn
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape

When you add all three of him, it'll be done by Saturday

Read. My. Mind. ;) :rollin

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
Between the multiple accounts and obvious Chatgpt reviews it's been interest....still not sure if this is just a regular playing a joke or not though.

please provide evidence of multiple accounts or stop accusing me falsely. it's getting really annoying, especially from you (soupytwist) doing it in multiple threads.
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
It's a running joke from a few past members.  They are quirky like you so most think you are someone else.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Whichever new user it was that posted in the bacon thread, I guarantee-damn-tee that was written by ChatGPT.  After that, I just assumed it was a bot.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth of Wall Street
That was Great Ape I think, who mentioned in an other thread that they were leaving. I’m 100% convinced they were a bot or some troll using a bot to write responses.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Going through this thread was made tolerable solely by the fact that I'm getting paid overtime wages to do it.

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Going through this thread was made tolerable solely by the fact that I'm getting paid overtime wages to do it.

??? @bosk1 when do I start getting paid to read threads?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker

It happens at 25k posts...

• DTF.org Member

Bummer, I was hoping it was at 10k posts.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

So not only am I getting fucked over at my day job, it's happening here too?!  :censored
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

• DTF.org Member

So not only am I getting fucked over at my day job, it's happening here too?!  :censored
Yeah, you should be getting all kinds of back pay.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Ahem.