Author Topic: The TAC Anonymous Roulette v.3 Opposites Attract Blue Balls Have Been Relieved  (Read 146367 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Yup.  You got me right.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Close, but no cigar
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
I take Pride & Glory, but that leaves Stadler with nothing.  ;D
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I take Pride & Glory, but that leaves Stadler with nothing.  ;D

Yeah, pretty much  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The Results have been returned and I will post in a bit.

We do not have a tie.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Soilwork - 12
Trail of Murder - 2
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Voyager - 1 :neverusethis:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

12. Wolfking...Soilwork - Spirit Of The Future Son

"Some great musical moments, especially the outro. Just not sure it was worth the vocals."

Musically, this was my favorite song of the round. I hear so much Michael Schenker in this. The vocals are pretty rough, but I got used to them pretty quickly. And for the third time in this roulette, I got goosebumps. During the outro. Again, Schenker. That's a sweet spot.

11. Parama...Wilderun - The Garden Of Fire

"There is a lot to chew on here. This will need more listens."

I liked this. Lots of riffing, but quite melodic in parts. There was a part mid song, where the keyboards come in, and you can hear a harpsichord (I think) blled through. And the mellow pasrt about 7 minutes through with the clean vocals was outstanding. I love the Irish influnce here.

10. Seneca...Helker - No Chance To Be Reborn

"Solid tune. Crazy vocals."

Holy Dio, Batman!  This is another solid tune. Can't take anything away from it. I don't know though. It just feels like it's mssing something. I kept waiting for a "Holy Shit, OMG" moment, but it never delivered. But damn, those vocals.

9. Kwyjibo...Pride And Glory - Horse Called War

"Loved the jamming solo. Reminds me of old school Blackfoot."

I remember when Pride And Glory came out. I like it so much better than BLS. I mentioned Blackfoot, but that is what this reminds me of, which is a very good thing. I really enjoyed this.

8. Puppies...An Abstract Illusion - Skeletons Of Light

"Top 5 song in this roulette. And I'm only halfway through. Scratch that, the second half not nearly as strong or interesting."

I am so confused on this song. On first listen, I was blown away in the first half, but far less so in the second half. It's wierd but as the round went on, this song kind of wore off on me. But still, there are many amazing parts of this song. Yet, it goes on and on andit is in some serious need of some editing. I feel like if they just killed it at the 8:00 mark, it would've been perfect. It's 16 minutes, but it feels like 36 minutes.

7.   Evermind...Trail Of Murder - Your Silence

"Solid tune"

Yeah, as I said, solid. Loved the harmonzed melodic chorus. Urban Breed has a great voice. Very nice controlled solo. Certainly nothing to not like about this song.

6.. Kingshmegland...Freaky Jelly - Nothing To Feel

"This has promise, but I'm not nuts about the singer. Surprisingly good musically"

This was really nice. Not great, but nice. The singer reminds me a bit of the guy from Odd Dimension. Will definitely check them out, but honestly I would hope they have a bit more heaviness in them. Some serious JP in that solo though.

5. Lethean...Angra - Ego Painted Grey

"Great instrumental section, in an otherwise blah song."

The only thing I really liked was the instrumental section. the rest of it is mid tempo mumbojumbo.

4. Stadler...Elvis Presley - Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues

"I cannot even believe someone sent this to me."

Elvis Presley?? Actually, this was a nice little tune. Some cool twangy guitar in this. Nice audible bass too.

3. Indiscipline...Extrema - Child Of Boogaow

"This tunes rocks and grooves big time."

This song has some moments of sick grooves. But I really hate the "Child Of Boogaow" part. This song need a chorus with more melody. It would've made it far more interesting, and less juvenile.

2. Kattelox...Voyager - Iron Dream

"I feel like this will get better with more listens, but if you were going to send this band again, there is no way that this is their best song."

I can't help but feel that this band is capable of so much more. This feels like some 80's heavy pop song, like maybe from a teen movie soundtrack or something. There is just no "Wow" factor to make this stand out though.

1. Elite...Obsidian Kingdom - Cinnamon Balls

"I feel like I don't like the music enough to put up with those vocals."

I'm not sure what the point of this song was... I've gotten a couple of songs now by Obsidian Kingdom, and despite the fantastic band name, I've been unimpressed. I do plan on dropping the needle on them because I feel like there's potential there, but this song ain't it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Round 9 Results

Seneca..12..10..11
Wolfking..10..12..11
Parama..6..11..8.5
Evermind..9..7..8
Indiscipline..11..3..7
Lethean..8..5..6.5
Puppies..5..8..6.5
Kwyjibo..4..9..6.5
Kingshmegland..3..6..4.5
Kattelox..7..2..4.5
Stadler..1..4..2.5
Elite..2..1..1.5

FINAL RESULTS!!

Wolfking-11.5+5+8.5+6.5+6.5+10+9+12+11=80
Evermind-8.5+11.5+6.5+6.5+11+11+7.5+8+8=78.5
Puppies-8.5+7.5+9.5+6.5+9+8+7.5+4.5+6.5=67.5
Parama-6+3.5+8.5+8.5+5.5+5.5+10.5+7.5+8.5=64
Kattelox-6.5+8.5+4+9.5+6+8.5+5+6.5+6.5=61
Indiscipline-11.5+7+10+3+3+4.5+6.5+4.5+7=57
Lethean-3+11+7+3+5+9+6+9.5=53.5
Kwijibo-6+1.5+7.5+8.5+6+5.5+1+11+6.5=53.5
Stadler-3.5+5+6.5+6+9+6.5+9+3+2.5=51
Kingshmegland-6+10.5+4+4+6.5+2+6+4.5+4.5=48
Seneca-6+1.5+4.5+5.5+1+4.5+6.5+5.5+11=46
Elite-1+5.5+1.5+10.5+9.5+3+3.5+1.5+1.5=37.5

Congrats Wolfking!!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Puppies for his upcoming win in Evermind's roulette!  ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Wolfking-11.5+5+8.5+6.5+6.5+10+9+12+77=80
Evermind-8.5+11.5+6.5+6.5+11+11+7.5+8+8=78.5

With a final round like that, no wonder he won!!!

Goddamned bonus round screwed the Ruskie.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
rip

Wilderun got 11 though heck yeah  :metal
That entire album is killer, one of my all time faves & considering that's the heaviest song I suspect you'd like the entire thing a lot

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Wilderun got 11 though heck yeah  :metal
That entire album is killer, one of my all time faves & considering that's the heaviest song I suspect you'd like the entire thing a lot

Yeah, crap I should have sent that :lol

At least I went with the theme in the last round! No-one else did.

Less than half the score the winner has.. that has got to be a record, right? :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Also heck yeah fourth place

Just outside of the top three so I'm the first place loser

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Goddamned bonus round screwed the Ruskie.

I know, I feel so bad. Evermind had been so consistent, but then again, so had Wolfking. Heck Puppies was right there too through 7 rounds.

I didn't fix results obviously, because I had no idea who sent what, but I was pretty sure Kade sent Soilwork, which I'm sorry, WAS the best song in the round, and was pretty sure Ruslan sent Helker. That was the legit 3rd best track.

I sent the results yesterday (well actually this morning because Stadler's inbox was full), but the results were finalized yesterday. In my mind, we had a tie.  I literally spent all night and this morning thinking of an interesting tiebreaker, and I finally came up with one.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Well, it seems he's getting as good at chocking away a win as I am!   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
All I know is, I sent Night Ranger, The Outfield, and Elvis fucking Presley and did NOT finish in last place!   :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I have a lot to say over the next couple of days but I want to start with two big thank yous.

First off, I want to thank Kingshmegland for the great Stadler photoshop pictures.
It started with an idea to put Stadler's head on a secretary's body. I was expecting actual Stadler's head, but Joe sent me the Gene Simmons head on it, and I roared. That is the pic in the OP, and then we just had fun with it from there.

I told him I wanted a few with Robert Kraft and he just killed it.

So Joe..thank you so much for adding to this roulette. Those late night texts had me laughing my ass off.

And obviously, to Stadler

You have no idea how much I appreciate what you did and all of the work I know you put in. Thank you so much for offering to do this. This roulette would not have worked without you.

Bill, thank you so much.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
You couldn't be more wrong about Voyager but I'll let it slide since I finished in the top 5. This was a super fun roulette, TAC, thanks for letting me play, and Stadler, thank you for being a good secretary :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I must say, the more I listened to that Voyager song, the less I liked it.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Wow. You ever heard of Beltone?  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I have never heard of Beltone. Is that a person or a character in one of your games? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I have never heard of Beltone. Is that a person or a character in one of your games? :lol

It's a hearing aid company, smartass!  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :facepalm:

:rollin

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

On this matter, Tim and I agree.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

On this matter, Tim and I agree.

You're killing me, Chad.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Voyager just aren't very interesting, in my experience

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Bah! All of you.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Tim, nothing funnier than me giggling like a teenager making the photoshopped pictures and my wife asking me, "What the hell are you laughing at?" :lol

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Tim, nothing funnier than me giggling like a teenager making the photoshopped pictures and my wife asking me, "What the hell are you laughing at?" :lol

I got the same response. Trust me. :lol

"That's my friend Joe from the forums and he's sending me pictures of a Gene Simmons head for a thing I'm doing."  My wife's eyes rolled so far back, I thought I'd never see them again. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Grown up 99% of the time.  Come on wives. Lol

Offline Ruba

I definitely enjoyed following Stadlertary's adventures. :corn

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Here he is showing off for the boys at the bowling alley this weekend..

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Well, I have to say, this Roulette was great fun and I finished on the podium! I kind of fizzled out towards the end with the songs I sent, though.

Thanks for having me. Thanks to Stadlertary for all his/her hard work. Thanks to King for all of the covert photographs of Stadlertary.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well, I have to say, this Roulette was great fun and I finished on the podium! I kind of fizzled out towards the end with the songs I sent, though.

Thanks for having me. Thanks to Stadlertary for all his/her hard work. Thanks to King for all of the covert photographs of Stadlertary.

Thanks Pup for playing. You did a great job.