Author Topic: New Album “Distance Over Time’, First Set of 2019 Tour Dates announced!  (Read 255404 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: New Album “Distance Over Time’, First Set of 2019 Tour Dates announced!
« Reply #1155 on: November 30, 2018, 07:22:55 AM »
My assumption is that the european dates will all be festival dates, and therefore with a reduced set and NOT the SFAM one. They might do separate, headlining shows where they might do the Evening With format, as they always did in their summer european tours with Portnoy (alternating festival appereances and stand alone shows), but I wouldn't be too surprised if they'd only do "normal", festival shows in Europe next year.

Also, I would figure that they would not announce further european dates only after the next summer shows are done, otherwise people are gonna bail out on these shows that will sell less because of the "eh, I will see them again in 6 months anyway" mindset.
count me in that group, I won't go see them when they play short sets. Not worth it IMHO.
Your choice and I understand how you feel because I was always of that mentality. But be careful, because there's no guarantees that the band may play in your area again with an Evening With leg. I say that, because I regret not having seen them more on the 2009 tour in North America. I just assumed that they would swing back thru and do a proper headlining tour in 2010, and it never happened.

Same here.  I did not want to see them on PN doing a short set with a bunch of bands I didn't care about, so I decided to wait for the "proper" BCSL tour leg...which never materialized.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1156 on: November 30, 2018, 07:38:35 AM »
My assumption is that the european dates will all be festival dates, and therefore with a reduced set and NOT the SFAM one. They might do separate, headlining shows where they might do the Evening With format, as they always did in their summer european tours with Portnoy (alternating festival appereances and stand alone shows), but I wouldn't be too surprised if they'd only do "normal", festival shows in Europe next year.

Also, I would figure that they would not announce further european dates only after the next summer shows are done, otherwise people are gonna bail out on these shows that will sell less because of the "eh, I will see them again in 6 months anyway" mindset.
count me in that group, I won't go see them when they play short sets. Not worth it IMHO.
Your choice and I understand how you feel because I was always of that mentality. But be careful, because there's no guarantees that the band may play in your area again with an Evening With leg. I say that, because I regret not having seen them more on the 2009 tour in North America. I just assumed that they would swing back thru and do a proper headlining tour in 2010, and it never happened.

Same here.  I did not want to see them on PN doing a short set with a bunch of bands I didn't care about, so I decided to wait for the "proper" BCSL tour leg...which never materialized.

PN09 was pretty good I thought. I enjoyed Zappa quite a lot and Bigelf and Scale the Summit rocked too. DT’s set, while short, was excellent. The visuals were beautiful too. Was my last time seeing them with MP.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1157 on: November 30, 2018, 07:49:19 AM »
I caught PN09 twice but those bands weren't nearly as good or interesting as the PN before that IMO but DT were great and rotated setlists so between the two shows they only repeated the BCSL songs, which no complaints seeing TCOT and ANTR twice.  Also they did Metropolis with Dweezil Zappa. 

I've said before that I'd wish they toured with another prog metal band again, and while PN was a cool attempt at doing so, I wouldn't want to see them bring along 3 bands.  Just one, and one solid one that is relatively known but smaller obviously, like a Haken or Leprous (or Tesseract who are opening for them in the new festival date) and maybe even seeing some guest appearances from them in DT's set like they used to do and many bands still do when they tour together.  Also this would allow DT to rotate songs on a 2 hour set, vs a static 3 hour set.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1158 on: November 30, 2018, 10:18:55 AM »
PN09 was pretty good I thought. I enjoyed Zappa quite a lot and Bigelf and Scale the Summit rocked too. DT’s set, while short, was excellent. The visuals were beautiful too. Was my last time seeing them with MP.

Yeah, PN09 was the last time I saw Portnoy with DT. I was supposed to catch them in 2010 when they opened for Maiden. I was supposed to be back in the city the day before the show, but a storm delayed my flight for a few days.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1159 on: November 30, 2018, 10:38:56 AM »

Yeah, PN09 was the last time I saw Portnoy with DT. I was supposed to catch them in 2010 when they opened for Maiden. I was supposed to be back in the city the day before the show, but a storm delayed my flight for a few days.

This is very much the "worst" era in DT live shows for me.

I saw the third show on the American "Chaos in Motion" tour.  The first part of the set list was excellent, but the second half didn't resonate with me ("Lines in the Sand," "Misunderstood" (which I now LOVE but wasn't into at the time), TSCO and ITPOE).  The encore medley was cool, but it was ultimately a disappointingly short set because of the two opening bands (I enjoyed Redemption and didn't see Into Eternity.

I saw the second show on PN2008.  I don't think I saw 3.  I poked my head in for BTBAM and went back to the bar once I heard the vocals.  I had heard good things about Opeth, but the vocals ruined anything good they might have done musically.  DT's set list, aside from being very short, was just meh, although I was thrilled to see them do "Blind Faith," which had just recently become one of my favorites.

Despite not liking the Progressive Nation concept, I saw the last show of PN2009.  I think we might have arrived toward the end of Bigelf's set.  Nothing interesting.  I was pleasantly surprised by Zappa.  DT's set was just ok, although I enjoyed the extended jams between MP and the drummers from the opening bands (I typically find drum solos REALLY boring) and the JP/Dweezil/Vai jam.  The highlight was TCOT as the encore.

I also saw DT open for Maiden.  Overall, the show was excellent, although DT's set was obviously short (as it was in 2004 when they opened for Yes).

Had they not returned to the "evening with" format, I might have given some serious thought to not attending some of the more recent shows.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1160 on: November 30, 2018, 12:13:09 PM »
I stayed out of the Progressive Nation tour because I knew they weren't going to play that much and I didn't care for any of the opening bands, so I figured "well, guess I'll skip this one... they always come here, in the grand scheme of things, one concert missed won't be THAT MUCH of an issue".

....and they played a totally kickass setlist from start to finish, playing some songs I was dying to hear and would hear only 10 years later or I'm yet to hear. Bugger.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Pax

• an operator acting over a Hilbert space
  • pianist and music theorist
« Reply #1161 on: November 30, 2018, 12:25:03 PM »
hopefully ''paralyzed'' will be as good as haken's ''crystallized''  :lol

seriously, if any song is on crystallized's level, I'm going to cry out of happiness

No. Crystallized is a boring song that repeats patterns for four bars before progressing. A long song that is just long to feel "epic"
It's not great because it feels epic or because it's long - it's a great song because it has multiple great sections, and its instrumental section is one of the best uses of atonality I've ever heard in prog
It is repetitive, but that doesn't make it bad. If A Change of Seasons were twice as long because it is literally played two times back to back, it would still be great
!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇F.F.Chopin!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1162 on: November 30, 2018, 12:39:34 PM »
I almost skipped PN09 in protest for the lack of Dweezil here in Europe, but I couldn't bring myself to ignore a DT concert. Although I spent the whole Opeth, Bigelf and fockmeifirememberwho sets at the bar, I was rewarded with an Erotomania-Voices-In The Name of God closing hatrick (and the TCOT encore, of course).

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #1163 on: November 30, 2018, 01:26:10 PM »

seriously, if any song is on crystallized's level, I'm going to cry out of happiness

No. Crystallized is a boring song that repeats patterns for four bars before progressing. A long song that is just long to feel "epic"

Do you actually think something repeating for four bars is that big of a deal?? Wouldn't call that repetitive in the slightest considering that song is probably well over 100 bars in total. Plus I'm not even sure which part you're even taking about as Crystallized is a fantastic song that progresses throughout and is frankly proggier and less repetitive than some of DT's epics, TCOT being a good example. Whatever your problem with Crystallized is, I think you should let it go dude.

I have secured tickets for the Los Angeles show in March. Pretty friggin stoked about it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 11:18:41 PM by TheLordOfTheStrings »
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1164 on: November 30, 2018, 01:35:14 PM »
Haven’t seen this posted here: https://www.myjaxchamber.com/news/2018/11/14/member-news/the-distance-over-time-tour-celebrating-20-years-of-scenes-from-a-memory/?fbclid=IwAR1oJByyG-445exxXs32BcekX05KCKJfKq3-JsD9M34T4UwrWq59xRGe0sg

Chemistry triggers action. The bonds of disparate elements yield friction, energy, and ultimately incite creation. It happens throughout all of existence—especially in music. The music of Dream Theater relies on the interplay and brotherhood of the musicians as much as it does on the harmony of the instruments. In fact, the chemistry the band unlocked upon forming in 1985 remains central to the music they create today. The progressive metal pioneers—James LaBrie (Vocals), John Petrucci (Guitars), Jordan Rudess (Keyboards), John Myung (Bass), and Mike Mangini (Drums)— share a unique bond with one of the most passionate fan bases around the globe as evidenced by their two GRAMMY® Award nominations and 15 million records sold worldwide.

Among numerous accolades, 1992’s Images & Words received a gold certification and landed on Rolling Stone’s coveted “100 Greatest Metal Albums of All-Time.” Meanwhile, Guitar World placed Awake at #1 on “Superunknown: 50 Iconic Albums That Defined 1994.” Excerpts of 1996’s A Change of Seasons notably soundtracked NBC’s coverage of Downhill Skiing at the 2002 Winter Olympics. Fans voted the 1999 Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory the “Number One All-Time Progressive Rock Album” in a 2012 Rolling Stone poll. Not to mention, it ranked as the “15th Greatest Concept Album” by Classic Rock.

2009 saw Black Clouds & Silver Linings crash the Billboard Top 200 at #6 as A Dramatic Turn of Events [2011] and Dream Theater [2013] maintained a three-peat in the chart’s Top 10. Most recently, 2016’s The Astonishing attracted widespread praise with Consequence of Sound dubbing it, “An absolutely unique experience.”

In addition to releasing three platinum videos and two gold videos, the group would be inducted into the Long Island Music Hall of Fame in 2010. On its 14th full-length and first release for InsideOutMusic / Sony Music, Distance Over Time, the band recharge the brotherhood that has kept them creating music together for over 30 years.

For the first time in two decades, the bandmates lived, wrote and recorded together over a four-month period at the secluded, five-acre Yonderbarn studios in Monticello, NY. They all moved into the property’s country-house where they shared memories, took turns manning the BBQ and fortifying lifelong friendships as the music happened organically and spontaneously throughout the summer in the beautifully converted barn only footsteps away.

“Of course we’ve written many records together, but we’ll traditionally move into a studio to track the record and during that time everybody either commutes or stays in a hotel,” says Petrucci. “This time around we approached things differently; up at Yonderbarn there were no distractions so we were able to just focus on being creative, spending twelve-to-fourteen hours a day working while also having fun in between the writing sessions. We’d take turns cooking for each other like brothers in a fire house and since it was summertime, the upstate New York weather was beautiful. There’s something about jamming and writing as a unit while you’re bonding, eating, drinking bourbon and just hanging out that helps infuse the music with a special feeling and a raw, palpable energy.”

“It was like going back to summer camp,” grins LaBrie. “Being around each other the whole time made it that much more of a profound experience. I think the songs reflect the energy. It was a lot of fun to have a situation so powerful at this point in our career.”

“With what we had to do and the kind of record we wanted to make, it was the right way to write and record,” adds Rudess. “When we would lay out all of the parts and start composing, there was a feeling we hadn’t felt in a long time. There were a lot of smiles.”

With every reason to smile, the five musicians immediately locked into a groove and identified a collective vision. They upheld the hallmarks of their signature sound combining metallic aggression and progressive scope, but within the framework of tighter songwriting.

“Everybody felt like it was time to return to the roots and make a more organic record,” Petrucci elaborates. “We collaborated to bring back the heavy and proggy sides of what we do and make music that’s really fun to play. The environment empowered us to do so.”

Album opener “Untethered Angel” commences with ominous clean guitar before ramping up into a hypnotic and hard-hitting riff that gives way to a sweeping and soaring hook. Heavily employing Hammond X5, Rudess locks into an “organ-and-guitar” call-and-response with Petrucci, evoking classic prog while charting new territory all the same.

“John has some of the most tastefully crafted leads in the business, so that forces me to step up my game to the max,” Rudess goes on. “It opened up a different avenue for us to trade back and forth.”

“Subject-wise, it’s about me seeing that a lot of people, especially our youth, are afraid to take their lives in certain directions because of fear,” explains Petrucci. “They have fear of the unknown, fear of what other people think, and fear of not being good enough. So, the song urges letting go of yourself, not letting fear win, and untethering yourself from the feeling of fear that stops you from doing things.”

The ten-minute “At Wit’s End” swings from sharp shredding into a thick groove as LaBrie paints an intense portrait of the aftermath of abuse.

“When women have been violated, they suffer from PTSD,” says the singer. “They can never really view themselves as the same people, because for all intents and purposes, they aren’t. It creates a lot of divide in relationships. It can be impossible for couples to overcome. In a lot of instances, they don’t make it, and they break apart. In the song, the woman is at her wit’s end, and the man is assuring her they can get through it.”

“Barstool Warrior” offers up an intimate slice of small town lore with cinematic lyrics as “Out of Reach” sees the band stretch its wings with a poetic ballad with lyrics penned by LaBrie. The haunting and maddening “Room 137” marks the first time Mangini contributed lyrics to a Dream Theater song, while everything culminates on the epic-sounding “Pale Blue Dot,” which “highlights Carl Sagan’s meaningful reflection on humankind’s fleeting nature and our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another and to cherish the ‘Pale Blue Dot’ which is Earth.” as Petrucci puts it.

In the end, the union between Dream Theater stands at its strongest on Distance Over Time—as does the music.

“This record is all about the experience for us,” Petrucci leaves off. “The process and environment were a big part of the meaning and significance. I hope people walk away with the feeling of unity, camaraderie, joy, and inclusion we felt. There’s a spirit, which is really magical. When I listen back to the album, I can distinctly recall every moment of the writing process; where I was standing in the room, what inspired us in that instant and the meaning behind each song. As a producer, my goal was to try and create the best-sounding Dream Theater record we’ve ever made so that listeners can just be enveloped in the music. I really wanted this recording to truly reflect the spirit, joy and passion that went into making the album and for people to walk away feeling some of the organic nature, personality and raw energy that the band captured while together in the studio. For me, I think it accomplishes that and I hope that other people will feel the same way.” – Rick Florino, November 2018

About SMG Jacksonville

SMG Jacksonville manages seven sports, entertainment, and convention venues on behalf of the City of Jacksonville. Our beautiful venues include:

· TIAA Bank Field, home of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Georgia-Florida, the TaxSlayer Bowl and Monster Jam

· Daily’s Place, a 5,500 seat amphitheater with concert programming year-round and an indoor practice facility for the Jacksonville Jaguars

· The Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, showplace of such entertainment greats as Kenny Chesney and Jimmy Buffett and home to the Arena Bowl XXIV Champions Jacksonville Sharks, the ABA Jacksonville Giants and the Jacksonville IceMen

· The Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville, home of the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp and Florida vs FSU Baseball

· The Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts, stage to Broadway and music elite like Wicked, James Taylor and Diana Ross; and home of the FSCJ Artist Series and the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra

· The Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center, a historic renovated train station providing a unique venue for meetings, social events and conventions

· The Ritz Theatre and Museum, located in Jacksonville’s historic African American community of LaVilla, celebrating the artistic culture of African American life in Northeast Florida and the African Diaspora with museum exhibits, concerts, films, lectures, dance and dramatic arts.

Committed to the Jacksonville community, the guests that enjoy our venues and the clients that utilize them, SMG Jacksonville provides the ultimate event experience in Northeast Florida.

Founded in 1977, SMG provides management services to 243 public assembly facilities including convention and exhibition centers, arenas, stadiums, theaters, performing arts centers, equestrian facilities, science centers and a variety of other venues. With facilities across the globe, SMG manages more than 19 million square feet of exhibition space and more than 1.5 million sports and entertainment seats. As the recognized global industry leader, SMG provides venue management, sales, marketing, event booking and programming, construction and design consulting, and pre-opening services for such landmark facilities as McCormick Place & Soldier Field in Chicago, Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, Houston’s NRG Park and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. SMG also offers food and beverage operations through its concessions and catering companies, currently serving more than 140 accounts worldwide. For more information visit www.smgworld.com.

Contact

Randy@MetamorphicConcerts.com

kevinc@pfamedia.net

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #1165 on: November 30, 2018, 01:40:14 PM »
T'was posted some pages ago as a link :)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1166 on: November 30, 2018, 01:52:09 PM »

Ok. Sorry. I’ve been disconnected

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #1167 on: November 30, 2018, 01:53:14 PM »

Np. It's because I've been so hyped lately that I've been checking the threads like crazy.  :lol

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #1168 on: November 30, 2018, 02:14:03 PM »

Actually, I haven't read it myself for lack of time, but now I have.. Thanks!..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline krands85

« Reply #1169 on: November 30, 2018, 02:25:09 PM »
I almost skipped PN09 in protest for the lack of Dweezil here in Europe, but I couldn't bring myself to ignore a DT concert. Although I spent the whole Opeth, Bigelf and fockmeifirememberwho sets at the bar, I was rewarded with an Erotomania-Voices-In The Name of God closing hatrick (and the TCOT encore, of course).
Unexpect were the other band, at least here in the UK. They were a bit of an acquired taste I think and a little bit crazy, but I kind of enjoyed what I saw of them. Bigelf were pretty good fun and I love Opeth. It wasn't my ideal DT setlist, but it was my first time seeing them, so I'll always remember that show.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #1170 on: November 30, 2018, 02:30:54 PM »
As someone who lost his first (and most likely only) chance to see DT live, I’d suggest you to go see them if they hit your city/country. I’m still mad because I missed them the first time they were here (2010) and they haven’t returned since :'(
Yeah, too bad. I was talking to one of the guys who runs the "DT Perú" fanclub on Facebook, and he was at that show as well, and he told me that fans miss the band a lot.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1171 on: November 30, 2018, 02:41:40 PM »
As someone who lost his first (and most likely only) chance to see DT live, I’d suggest you to go see them if they hit your city/country. I’m still mad because I missed them the first time they were here (2010) and they haven’t returned since :'(
Yeah, too bad. I was talking to one of the guys who runs the "DT Perú" fanclub on Facebook, and he was at that show as well, and he told me that fans miss the band a lot.

This is why I try to do everything possible to see my favorite bands when they come to town.  You just don't know the future so have to take what's been given to you.  No one knew that 2010 tour opening for IM would be the last time seeing MP with DT.  I'm glad I went to the MSG show.  MP himself brought it up in his memorable shows in NYC during The Shattered Fortress show as his last time in NYC playing with DT. 

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1172 on: November 30, 2018, 03:12:50 PM »
Do we know if there's an instrumental?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #1173 on: November 30, 2018, 03:19:25 PM »
Do we know if there's an instrumental?
According to Jordan, there won't be one IIRC.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1174 on: November 30, 2018, 04:00:48 PM »

Guess I’ll have to go to Argentina or Brazil if they skip us on this tour. There’s no way i’m missing SFAM and DOT. Time to sell a kidney  :laugh:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #1175 on: November 30, 2018, 05:32:42 PM »

The Greatest Show on Earth  :lol :lol :lol
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1176 on: December 01, 2018, 02:56:52 AM »
Hope the lyrics are good and not Tuscany-tier.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1177 on: December 01, 2018, 05:44:45 AM »
It's December now, which means we're probably getting a single this month :metal :metal :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline dream75

« Reply #1178 on: December 01, 2018, 06:01:44 AM »
It's December now, which means we're probably getting a single this month :metal :metal :metal

In the letter to Santa Claus I asked the single  :D I hope I will be satisfied  :hefdaddy

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1179 on: December 01, 2018, 06:37:31 AM »
How about if they would release the single at 6 o'clock on a christmas morning?What would be better gift!!?
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #1180 on: December 01, 2018, 07:35:56 AM »
How about if they would release the single at 6 o'clock on a christmas morning?What would be better gift!!?

My birthday is exactly in a week. That would be an even better gift!

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #1181 on: December 01, 2018, 10:41:35 AM »
Untethered Angel, to be released between December 10th-14th, calling it now

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #1182 on: December 01, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »
Untethered Angel, to be released between December 10th-14th, calling it now
December 3rd-7th is my guess
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1183 on: December 01, 2018, 12:23:13 PM »
I've decided, this gonna be the first time I hold back and not listen to singles till the album arrives.
It's worth mentioning that I've made that decision on every album but still ended up listening to the single heh
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1184 on: December 01, 2018, 12:25:45 PM »
I've decided, this gonna be the first time I hold back and not listen to singles till the album arrives.
It's worth mentioning that I've made that decision on every album but still ended up listening to the single heh

I did that for The Astonishing, no single, no clips, no anything. Bought the album on release day, heard it in its entirety from start to finish and every single note was equally new to me. It was rewarding to wait.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #1185 on: December 01, 2018, 12:52:50 PM »
I can also see Fall into the Light as the single, considering how it was described.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #1186 on: December 01, 2018, 12:54:35 PM »
So LaBrie wrote lyrics to another ballad.  Kinda getting sick of him getting the ballads.  I mean, they're good so I guess I shouldn't complain, I just think he shines more with the heavy stuff. 

Wonder if he wrote the lyrics to Wit's End since he was the one explaining it. 

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1187 on: December 01, 2018, 01:04:16 PM »
So LaBrie wrote lyrics to another ballad.  Kinda getting sick of him getting the ballads.  I mean, they're good so I guess I shouldn't complain, I just think he shines more with the heavy stuff. 

He indeed wrote At Wit’s End

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #1188 on: December 01, 2018, 01:05:54 PM »

He indeed wrote At Wit’s End

Sweet! That definitely sounds like something he would write, similar to Anne Lee.  He chooses some heavy topics. 

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #1189 on: December 01, 2018, 01:09:57 PM »

Well, I'll do this as well. It will be the first time, but I want to listen to the album with no ideas of how it will sound or what the songs will be like. But it will be difficult.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael