Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 240356 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #1680 on: March 12, 2018, 07:56:17 AM »
Happy Birthday Joe!!

Thank you Brian!  The big 50.

You gotta get a pic with your bro, and him shaping his body like a "5".  lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1681 on: March 12, 2018, 07:59:17 AM »
Happy birthday!  :yarr

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1682 on: March 12, 2018, 08:05:49 AM »
Happy Birthday Joe!!

You gotta get a pic with your bro, and him shaping his body like a "5".  lol

I always say we look like the #10 when we stand next to each other.  LOL

Happy birthday!  :yarr

YAR!  Thank you!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1683 on: March 12, 2018, 10:07:25 AM »
Good morning folks.

Annnnd Happy Birthday Joe.

Today is going to be a long one. Gotta catch up on a bunch of shit from the weekend, then off at 3:30, going home, showering, shaving, and putting on a suit, and then have to come back to work by 5 or 5:30. Meeting my boss and then some big meeting with our client here. We are completely in the dark in regards to what it's about though.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1684 on: March 12, 2018, 05:51:13 PM »
Happy Birthday Joe! I hope you have a killer night.

What's happening Jay! Good luck with whatever is happening tomorrow.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1685 on: March 13, 2018, 08:12:39 AM »
Happy Birthday Joe!!

Yeah, baby! Milestone!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1686 on: March 13, 2018, 08:59:13 AM »
Happy Birthday Joe!!

Yeah, baby! Milestone!

Thre wife keeps bugging me, "Do you feel different"?  I told her, "No, I'm not a girl and think about these things". :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1687 on: March 13, 2018, 09:47:59 AM »
Of course you don't feel any different. You've been feeling like you're 50 for the last 10 years! ;D

I know I have.. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1688 on: March 13, 2018, 11:33:18 AM »
Of course you don't feel any different. You've been feeling like you're 50 for the last 10 years! ;D

I know I have.. :lol

No joke! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1689 on: March 13, 2018, 04:52:44 PM »
I'm stuck 15 feet in front of my driveway. The town did not plow my road yet and I slid sideways and I am close to a ditch.  New tires and all. Luckily, I have AAA and I'm waiting for them to tow me 15 feet.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1690 on: March 13, 2018, 04:58:53 PM »
 :lol that's terrible, I guess at least you can wait in your home

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1691 on: March 13, 2018, 05:06:33 PM »
I'm in my car. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1692 on: March 13, 2018, 05:16:58 PM »
First full day of being 50, and he drives into a ditch! :facepalm:

Instead of AAA, try AARP!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1693 on: March 13, 2018, 05:26:49 PM »
Put your old man glasses on and read again. I'm not in a ditch. I'm near a ditch and if I try to drive I'll slide again and then I could go in it. Not taking a chance. So I have AAA I will use AAA

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1694 on: March 13, 2018, 07:08:42 PM »
Evening everyone

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1695 on: March 14, 2018, 06:38:32 AM »
Morning.  27 inches of snow.  We got the mother load in NH.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1696 on: March 14, 2018, 06:54:50 AM »
 :omg:

Sounds miserable

Beautiful day here outside NYC.  Leaving a bit early today and heading right to the city for the Nightwish show then I took the next two days off since I have so much vacation time I need to burn this year so what the hell, long weekend  :metal

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1697 on: March 14, 2018, 08:53:48 AM »
Yikes. That's rough, King!

Sitting at home waiting for Mrs. P to pick me up and drive me to my endoscopy appointment. My mouth is dry, my stomach is making a ton of noise...I just want this shit over with.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1698 on: March 14, 2018, 08:56:33 AM »

Sitting at home waiting for Mrs. P to pick me up and drive me to my endoscopy appointment. My mouth is dry, my stomach is making a ton of noise...I just want this shit over with.

Been there.  I had that and a colonoscopy at the same time 10 years ago.  It was like a pig roast. :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1699 on: March 14, 2018, 08:58:50 AM »
 :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1700 on: March 14, 2018, 09:00:26 AM »

Been there.  I had that and a colonoscopy at the same time 10 years ago.  It was like a pig roast. :lol

Yeah, I got DP'd about four years ago, too. When I woke up, the Doctor came in and told me everything was okay and handed me a piece of chocolate. I looked at it, then at him, then back at it, and said, "Where did you find this?"
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1701 on: March 14, 2018, 09:01:04 AM »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1702 on: March 14, 2018, 09:05:20 AM »

If the doctor was Bill Murray it came from the pool.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1703 on: March 14, 2018, 10:15:27 AM »
Yeah, I got DP'd about four years ago, too. When I woke up, the Doctor came in and told me everything was okay and handed me a piece of chocolate. I looked at it, then at him, then back at it, and said, "Where did you find this?"

He should've answered "million to one shot".
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1704 on: March 14, 2018, 06:05:17 PM »
Evening guys, had one hell of a day today.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1705 on: March 14, 2018, 06:20:03 PM »
That was my yeaterday Reap.  What happened?

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1706 on: March 14, 2018, 07:57:53 PM »
This morning we had an eaco call which means it's production issue and everyone has to be on deck trying to figure out what's going on. It's a pain in the ass because these calls disrupt our normal work and 99% of the time it's something that our offshore team did. Then we had to do some testing for our upcoming software release however our most senior colleague never does any testing and when she does, she has no idea what she is doing. She is the type that has been with the company forever and just does enough work to scrape by.

We were also peppered with stupid ass questions from other departments trying to side step major compliance policies. It was mentally draining due to incredible amount of collective stupidity.

How was your day King?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1707 on: March 14, 2018, 08:13:39 PM »
First shift was quiet.  Second shift started out shaky. One guy ask to be late since he lied where you live so his kids can go to a better school and now they found out and they going to kick his kids out and then another employee whose 19 has an abscess tooth it is too dumb to call dentist which he has insurance through us and get something set up.

I'm like a dad and have the setup things for him.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1708 on: March 15, 2018, 04:35:04 AM »
How many people do you manage king?

Morning my dudes

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1709 on: March 15, 2018, 05:23:28 AM »
Morning.

Doc says I've nothing to worry about, just some irritation in my stomach lining. Then he said, just in case, he took some biopsy material from my esophagus, stomach and small intestine. I hope he's not talking out of both sides of his mouth.  :|

Anyway, when he was done talking, he handed me a couple of bite sized chocolate bars--you know, like the ones you give out at Halloween--and I said, "Do you remember what I said the last time you handed me chocolate?" He really studied my face for a few seconds--almost like it was the first time he was seeing a person rather than an assembly line object--and started snickering, shook his head and mumbled, "Where'd you get those."

Close enough.  :)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1710 on: March 15, 2018, 06:31:07 AM »
How many people do you manage king?

Morning my dudes

23 employees.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1711 on: March 15, 2018, 11:03:01 AM »
Good Morning.

So... had an attempted burglary on Tuesday- which I thwarted. The vehicle the suspect was driving is a 4 door porche owned by another resident on the property. I've spent 3 days now working with Police investigating this as we believe it's connected to a string of Burglaries from last month.

And I currently have 12 unmarked cop cars sitting on my property... a state insurance fraud search warrant getting served.

OH AND I have a vandalism I am looking into from last night.

IT NEVER ENDS
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1712 on: March 15, 2018, 11:06:45 AM »
So much bad people in the world Jay. 

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1713 on: March 15, 2018, 11:08:35 AM »
People are the worst.

I say that a lot, but it continues to be true.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1714 on: March 15, 2018, 11:18:50 AM »
People are the worst.

I say that a lot, but it continues to be true.

And so sad to say or type.  it really is.