Author Topic: Official 2017-2018 NHL Thread v. Break the Ice  (Read 96040 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Official 2017-2018 NHL Thread v. Break the Ice
« Reply #1120 on: April 29, 2018, 06:05:42 AM »
Is there any doubt that the NHL will give the #1 pick to Montreal?

Apparently there was.

Glad to see Buffalo get it. 

I'm shocked the league didn't try and prop up Montreal. Well, Buffalo is a Canadian city any way, right?

Oh Hellz no!  You can keep that dump.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1121 on: April 29, 2018, 06:59:21 AM »
Toronto is in bed with it's football team though. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1122 on: April 29, 2018, 07:00:34 AM »
Toronto is in bed with it's football team though. :lol

Pretty hard to um...Argo with that.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1123 on: April 29, 2018, 07:03:58 AM »
Chad is a Bills fan. 

ADMIT IT CHAD!!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1124 on: April 29, 2018, 07:08:40 AM »
Chad is a Bills fan. 

ADMIT IT CHAD!!!

I haven't been a Bills fan since University.  Bronco's baby!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1125 on: April 29, 2018, 07:13:02 AM »
Just as bad.  Lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1126 on: April 29, 2018, 08:18:18 AM »

Apparently there was.

Glad to see Buffalo get it.  They've been bottom dwellers for so long, it's about time they got a #1 pick.  Could you imagine if Edmonton had gotten it ... YET AGAIN?!?  I don't like the fact that three Atlantic Division teams were the finalists, but c'est la vie.  The Atlantic division was quite bi-polar this year.

@ gary... earlier in the year, it might not have been, but that subtle nudge to Jone's arm/stick threw him off balance, and that was enough.  Borderline, and it could've gone either way.  Jones played great overall - including a lucky one of the shaft of his stick on Neal in OT.  Seems as though the Knights were a little undisciplined - 7 PP for the Sharks, and they got the better of them four-on-four.

Honestly, I hope this fairy tale for Vegas ends soon ... plus, I've been a Sharks fan ever since they entered the league.

That’s the thing....it was borderline and was called a goal on the ice. I think Jones embellished the heck out of gettting ‘hit’....he went the opposite direction that he should of had the player actually ran into him. Yeah his stick was nudged but his arm and stick were also a solid foot outside of the crease.

I mean it really doesn’t matter anyway because both Nashville or the Jets will beat whichever team comes out of this bracket. Your Western conference Stanley cup representatives are either the Jets or Preds.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1127 on: April 29, 2018, 08:20:48 AM »
I've seen less than that called back this year. It's in line with what they've been calling.

I don't know if Jones embellished or not. It's hard to judge the speed/force that his stick was pushed.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1128 on: April 29, 2018, 08:27:09 AM »
I gotta say, while Rask was a bit of a whiny bitch over the blade loss, I do think the NHL might need to think about a change that rule.  The goalie is at a pretty big disadvantage.  I think they should address it the same way a down player is ruled - don't blow the whistle if there's when there's active offensive pressure, but as soon as it's relieved, blow the whistle.

He's got to make a better effort to be in some kind of position though.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1129 on: April 29, 2018, 08:33:22 AM »
I've seen less than that called back this year. It's in line with what they've been calling.

I don't know if Jones embellished or not. It's hard to judge the speed/force that his stick was pushed.

But I’ve also seen way worse than that and the goal still be allowed. I know it’s been an issue for the league and I don’t think it’s going to get any easier for them. It’s a flip of the coin as to ‘how’ they’re gonna rule these things and that’s BS.

I have no dog in the hunt with either of those teams. All I know is I’d be hot if I were a Vegas fan.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1130 on: April 29, 2018, 08:39:34 AM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1131 on: April 29, 2018, 09:21:52 AM »
 ;D

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1132 on: April 29, 2018, 04:49:38 PM »
Glad I'm not a Penguins fan.

'No conclusive evidence' on the disallowed goal?   WTW were they looking at,.... a  two inch screen!?!
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #1133 on: April 29, 2018, 05:02:27 PM »
I gotta say, while Rask was a bit of a whiny bitch over the blade loss, I do think the NHL might need to think about a change that rule.  The goalie is at a pretty big disadvantage.  I think they should address it the same way a down player is ruled - don't blow the whistle if there's when there's active offensive pressure, but as soon as it's relieved, blow the whistle.

He's got to make a better effort to be in some kind of position though.

I disagree. If Rask just focused on the ongoing play instead of trying to get the refs attention then he could have easily just kicked off the post and made a simple save there. I see what you're saying though, but I have no doubt that if a forward was going 1-on-1 with a D-man and the D-man's blade fell out, allowing the forward to skate by him with ease and score a goal, everyone would just say "tough luck."

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1134 on: April 29, 2018, 05:07:15 PM »
At least a non-goalie can get to the bench and change.  The goalie is fucked until a whistle.  That's why I compare it to an injured player that can't get to the bench.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #1135 on: April 29, 2018, 09:51:19 PM »
Okay, reading your post again I agree with that. For some reason I took it to mean that if TB had offensive pressure on Rask then the play would be blown down, but I get it now.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1136 on: April 30, 2018, 07:59:10 AM »

'No conclusive evidence' on the disallowed goal?   WTW were they looking at,.... a  two inch screen!?!

Yeah... for real. I'm at a loss for what happened yesterday. Completely blown call by the league.

That said, the Pens weren't playing well enough to win anyway, but still... gotta get this stuff right.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1137 on: April 30, 2018, 08:55:43 AM »

Yeah... for real. I'm at a loss for what happened yesterday. Completely blown call by the league.

That said, the Pens weren't playing well enough to win anyway, but still... gotta get this stuff right.

I think the bigger news is that there was a call in a playoff game that went against the Penguins.  Glad I was sitting down when I read that! ;)
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1138 on: April 30, 2018, 09:01:02 AM »

Apparently there was.

Glad to see Buffalo get it. 

I'm shocked the league didn't try and prop up Montreal. Well, Buffalo is a Canadian city any way, right?

Oh Hellz no!  You can keep that dump.   :lol

I would've been okay with that pick and Rasmus Dahlin going to Montreal, because the Montreal media eventually would have forced Bergevin to trade him due to a: "character issues" and b: he doesn't speak French.  Bergevin would have then traded him to Detroit for Justin Abdelkader, Jonathan Ericsson and a bag of pucks.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1139 on: April 30, 2018, 09:13:17 AM »
I think the bigger news is that there was a call in a playoff game that went against the Penguins.  Glad I was sitting down when I read that! ;)

Yeah, there was more than one last night. Hopefully that kills this weird notion the NHL favors the Pens. Their (the NHL's) incompetence applies to all.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1140 on: April 30, 2018, 12:53:16 PM »
  the Montreal media eventually would have forced Bergevin to trade him due to a: "character issues" and b: he doesn't speak French.

In Montreal, by "character issues", they actually mean he doesn't speak French.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1141 on: April 30, 2018, 12:54:22 PM »

Yeah...but they came back from a two goal deficit to win Game 1.  Making it 3-2, after being down 3-0, would have made for quite the drama those final 8 minutes or so.  It was also another <insert any major league>  :facepalm: review kerfuffle. 
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1142 on: April 30, 2018, 05:58:44 PM »
The Lighting DOMINATED the 1st period and gave up a goal.  1-1. Deflating.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #1143 on: April 30, 2018, 06:14:29 PM »
I nearly had an anxiety attack on that 5 on 3. Thought the Bruins were gonna score on us. But of course, you got us after. Great physical period.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1144 on: April 30, 2018, 06:25:13 PM »
Marchand draws TWO roughing penalties against in 15 seconds. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1145 on: April 30, 2018, 06:57:52 PM »
Rask fighting the puck big time in the 2nd.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #1146 on: April 30, 2018, 07:55:31 PM »
BOLTS!!!

Braydon Point with his first 4pt game. Great physical play from both sides. I think it’s going to get chippier the next game.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1147 on: April 30, 2018, 07:57:18 PM »
That guy is awesome. I like him a lot.

Fucking refs have sucked these first two games.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1148 on: April 30, 2018, 08:05:43 PM »
Lighting clearly played better buht the officiating has sucked bad.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1149 on: May 01, 2018, 06:32:07 AM »
San Jose should be extremely grateful for that fortunate call the other night or they’re down 3-0

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1150 on: May 01, 2018, 07:42:50 AM »
In other news, there's a GM opening in both Carolina and Toronto.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1151 on: May 01, 2018, 07:57:27 AM »
I heard they changed the title in Toronto from General Manager to Shanny's Bitch.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1152 on: May 01, 2018, 08:11:20 AM »
I heard they changed the title in Toronto from General Manager to Shanny's Bitch.

Boy, someone's salty the morning after a loss.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1153 on: May 01, 2018, 08:17:38 AM »
No it's not that actually.

It's just everythime I see Shanahan on TV he just looks so damn pouty. I would think working for him would be miserable.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1154 on: May 01, 2018, 10:45:03 AM »
No it's not that actually.

It's just everythime I see Shanahan on TV he just looks so damn pouty. I would think working for him would be miserable.

Whereas Lou was the embodiment of excitement?   :lol