Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 214223 times)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #1400 on: October 15, 2017, 12:46:19 PM »
Don’t count out the Patriots so soon. Nobody is better at making in game adjustments than Belichick. As much as I hate the Patriots and was so happy to see my Jets jump out to a 14-0 lead, there’s virtually no way New England loses this game.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1401 on: October 15, 2017, 12:58:16 PM »
See that shot of Kraft in the box pointing after that last TD?  If you can read lips like I can, you would have seen him mouthing, "That official there is the one I had to pay this week..."  :lol :biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1402 on: October 15, 2017, 01:04:13 PM »
 :lol

Actually the guy with him is Les Moonves.  Big gun at CBS. Why isnt Hewitt Woody Johnson?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1403 on: October 15, 2017, 01:43:09 PM »
Thanks again, Roger!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1404 on: October 15, 2017, 01:43:32 PM »
Jets got screwed.   That's a TD.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1405 on: October 15, 2017, 01:47:07 PM »
What a farce.  I don't really think games are fixed, but I can see how someone might think this game is.  That is now three significant calls that were wrong that have either taken points away from the Jets or given points to the Patriots.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1406 on: October 15, 2017, 01:49:30 PM »
What a farce.  I don't really think games are fixed, but I can see how someone might think this game is.  That is now three significant calls that were wrong that have either taken points away from the Jets or given points to the Patriots.

Who’s dick did Belichick suck to get these refs so firmly on his side? Unreal. That fumble call is one of the worst officiating decisions I have ever seen.

Jets got screwed.   That's a TD.

See? Even a Patriots fan agrees.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 01:54:47 PM by TheCountOfNYC »
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1407 on: October 15, 2017, 02:06:46 PM »
These stupid interpretations of the rules to the minut second watching reviews is ruining the game

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1408 on: October 15, 2017, 02:12:37 PM »
These stupid interpretations of the rules to the minut second watching reviews is ruining the game

Completely agreed. Congratulations on the win. The refs screwed the Jets but the Patriots played well so I can’t be mad I’m happy with the way my team fought. Good game between these two as usual.

-MirrorMask

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1409 on: October 15, 2017, 02:16:11 PM »
Crazy start to the Rams-Jags game. Two touchdowns, one apiece, with just 25 seconds off the game clock. 7-7 tied.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1410 on: October 15, 2017, 02:26:40 PM »
Wait a minute guys. Whoever made the call decided that as the ball crossed the plane of the end zone, the Jet did not have possession. I mean, there was a point in that play where he did NOT have possession. The ball was LOOSE. If he comes down with it, but is out of bounds, then it's a touchback.

To me, whether the call on the field was a TD or a TB, I just don't think there was inconclusive evidence to overturn the original call, EITHER way. Maybe the angle that was made to use the call will be revealed.

Belichick has been clamoring for Pylon Cameras for years. It would've come in handy here.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1411 on: October 15, 2017, 02:42:04 PM »
Dude. It was a gift. Take it quietly and enjoy. :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1412 on: October 15, 2017, 02:46:56 PM »
Dude. It was a gift. Take it quietly and enjoy. :biggrin:

It was a gift.

Look, I really don't care. I'm home on Sundays now, so I watch the Pats, and like to comment in the thread. But don't confuse me with a footy pajama wearing Pats toadie.

I'm just saying, let's not all bitch for bitching's sake. It is not inconceivable that the ball was loose AS it crossed the plane.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1413 on: October 15, 2017, 02:51:09 PM »
Well sure, not like I think you are wearing anything but Winger pajamas and Skid Row underoos...;)

The ball did appear to be loose for a split second, but he appeared to gain control before going out of bounds, but because it was impossible to tell, overturning the call on the field should not have happened...and the call on the field was TD.  Throw that in with the two earlier calls that totally screwed the Jets, and I would be hopping mad if I were a Jets fans (and something besides my own team for a change :lol).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1414 on: October 15, 2017, 02:54:04 PM »
  but because it was impossible to tell, overturning the call on the field should not have happened...

I TOTALLY agree with this.

Well sure, not like I think you are wearing anything but Winger pajamas and Skid Row underoos...;)

I totally DON'T agree with this! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1415 on: October 15, 2017, 02:59:13 PM »
 :lol

Is is a touchback because he doesn't have control going over the goalline  yet he had control without the ball hitting the ground and him having control hitting the pylon?  To me, the league can'y get into that split second details that to the eye is not 100%  correct or sure even with replay.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1416 on: October 15, 2017, 03:00:35 PM »
I wouldn't have overturned it, myself, but I can see what their thought process was. If the ball was loose when he crossed the pylon then it was the right call. Didn't seem that way to me, but whatever, I'm not a referee. I just don't think it's as egregious as the talking heads do. Often times the guys in the booth make something seem far more outrageous than it actually is. It didn't help that Fouts had already established himself as an idiot.

In any case, shitty calls happen. They happen to everybody. Such is life. Take them when they come your way. Bitch when they don't. Act like it's some grand conspiracy then just go back to watching WWE.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1417 on: October 15, 2017, 03:03:50 PM »
I wouldn't have overturned it, myself, but I can see what their thought process was. If the ball was loose when he crossed the pylon then it was the right call. Didn't seem that way to me, but whatever, I'm not a referee. I just don't think it's as egregious as the talking heads do. Often times the guys in the booth make something seem far more outrageous than it actually is. It didn't help that Fouts had already established himself as an idiot.

In any case, shitty calls happen. They happen to everybody. Such is life. Take them when they come your way. Bitch when they don't. Act like it's some grand conspiracy then just go back to watching WWE.

I think we as fans hate this to the microsecond call that takes away from the athleticism that we just saw.  Or I'm an old stubborn bastard that hates replay.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1418 on: October 15, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »
So you're OK with wrong calls being made?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1419 on: October 15, 2017, 03:06:44 PM »

How were you Tim in the 80's when you would see that play and think that was an awesome, athletic play for a TD?  I think micro managing with all these added rules have taken away from the game.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1420 on: October 15, 2017, 03:07:49 PM »
Geting a call right is important, but nowadays it's like, what is possession? What is pass interference? The answer to those questions not only vary from game to game. but play to play.  It has made a farce out of the league.

Oh, and as if the SB collapse wasn't bad enough, the Falcons blew a 17-point lead today...at home...to Jay Cutler. :eek :eek :rollin :rollin

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1421 on: October 15, 2017, 03:10:19 PM »
Yup kev.  It's so convoluted with the rules and the calls it's hard to back them.

Yes, Atlanta, WTF?! :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1422 on: October 15, 2017, 03:13:37 PM »

How were you Tim in the 80's when you would see that play and think that was an awesome, athletic play for a TD?  I think micro managing with all these added rules have taken away from the game.

How was I in the 80's?? :rollin

Wut? :lol

Younger?  :neverusethis:

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1423 on: October 15, 2017, 03:14:05 PM »
Geting a call right is important, but nowadays it's like, what is possession? What is pass interference? The answer to those questions not only vary from game to game. but play to play.  It has made a farce out of the league.
This is a valid point, though I wouldn't go so far as to call the game farcical.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1424 on: October 15, 2017, 03:19:57 PM »

How was I in the 80's?? :rollin

Wut? :lol

Younger?  :neverusethis:

You dummy. :lol  It never bothered you back in the day if the guy had complete control of the ball as long as it didn't hit the ground.  That's just one instance to the issue.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1425 on: October 15, 2017, 03:57:36 PM »
That Vikings defender definitely drove Rodgers into the ground unnecessarily. Sucks. Love watching Wizard Rodgers.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1426 on: October 15, 2017, 04:03:50 PM »
Yes, Atlanta, WTF?! :lol

Like I have said before, Matt Ryan coming back to earth was one of the most obvious things that was gonna happen this year (he has always been about the 8th-12th best QB, with last year being the outlier).  Despite his brain dead moment in the SB, Shanahan is a great OC and losing him was big.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1427 on: October 15, 2017, 04:18:39 PM »
KC has been the best team through five weeks, but they are getting clowned at home today by Pittsburgh.  Hard to believe the score is only 12-3.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1428 on: October 15, 2017, 04:23:54 PM »
Just goes to show how wonky NFL teams/games are getting every year.  Doesn't take much to go from hero to zero (or vice versa) in a mere 7 days... then back again in another 7 days.

:dunno:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1429 on: October 15, 2017, 04:33:52 PM »
The KC-Pit game is far from over. The Steelers have outplayed them easily, but if you let a good team hang around anything can and will happen.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #1430 on: October 15, 2017, 05:29:27 PM »
Anthony Barr should be suspended eternally
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1431 on: October 15, 2017, 05:32:51 PM »
Not his fault Aaron Rodgers walked into A. Barr

God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1432 on: October 15, 2017, 05:36:15 PM »
So he should be Barred?

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1433 on: October 15, 2017, 05:40:49 PM »
At the very least, he should have to take a Barr exam and make sure he knows what a clean hit looks like.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1434 on: October 15, 2017, 05:54:48 PM »
It's unfortunate that in this day and age a QB can't run out of the pocket and should throw it away because guys 275 lb can run faster than they can. A guy like him too important scramble for first down.