Author Topic: Thank You Scientist!  (Read 1103 times)

Offline ytsejam58

Thank You Scientist!
« on: August 12, 2016, 02:24:29 AM »
So there is a new prog band called Thank You Scientist and they are really awesome! I have been playing their Stranger Heads Prevail CD on repeat in my car for like the past month (still waiting on the vinyl but that's another issue). Really though, it just sounds totally new yet harkening back to older styles. They are progressive rock but also use a lot of Trumpet, violin, and saxophone. Also I've been told the lead singer sounds like Michael Jackson (From the Thriller days).
I bring them up because they are still relatively unknown, but that needs to change because their album is amazing! Stranger Heads Prevail. Check it out!
I'm going to see them on the 27th (of Aug) and we were chatting on Facebook. They were pretty cool about connecting with their fans. Not a lot of people can say that about their favorite bands. Like could you imagine Mike Portnoy and I just chatting on skype or something XD I wish.
Anyway. Thank you Scientist... check them out.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Re: Thank You Scientist!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 02:37:03 AM »
Here's the Thank You Scientist thread: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=34704.msg1443728#msg1443728

They've been gaining a lot of recognition lately with Stranger Heads Prevail, amazing band!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Thank You Scientist!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 03:59:59 AM »
Here's the Thank You Scientist thread: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=34704.msg1443728#msg1443728
This.

So yeah, they're definitely not unknown, or indeed new, here at DTF. :)

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.