Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. OMG Guys it's a new Chat Thread  (Read 394450 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. OMG Guys it's a new Chat Thread
« Reply #8120 on: December 05, 2016, 09:31:47 PM »
Sitting at work and blasting some Within Temptation. Someone just walked by my desk doing the headbang thing. :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #8121 on: December 06, 2016, 04:36:46 AM »
Goddamn a quiet house and an empty bed suck. Horrible night sleep but I think Emily is doing better. My poor wife hasn't slept at all.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #8122 on: December 06, 2016, 05:47:53 AM »
Sorry to hear about that, buddy.  Hopefully she gets to come home today.

Here is a repost from the Concert subforum about our experience last night.

Well, that was a hell of a show. 

Due to the generosity of bosk1 and band management, my girls and I received VIP preshow treatment, as well as after show passes.  Of course, that was a complete surprise for my girls.  I didn't tell them about any extras until we got to the show lol

Lining up for the preshow stuff was supposed to take place from 4:30-5.  So of course, as soon as I exited off the highway into downtown Durham, we hit a traffic jam.  It put me a few minutes behind my personal timeline, but even though I was a little pissed, that's why we had left a little earlier than we needed to.

Then, when we got to the venue area, right around 4:30, we were unable to park at the venue's parking deck, because it doesn't open for venue events until 5pm; during the day, it is used for area downtown business parking.  Also, no other parking right at the venue.  Shit.

We go a couple of streets up to another parking deck, and finally find a spot on the third level.  So, we aren't parking where I wanted, and due to traffic and parking, we aren't LATE, but just behind my personal schedule.

The delays were worth it, because as soon as we walked out of the ground floor of the parking deck, we run into Jordan Rudess.  He had just met his wife for a cup of tea and was walking back to the venue.  We struck up a conversation, and he asked me if I was going to the preshow events.  When I said "yes" he said, "OK, let's just walk over together."  Totally the nicest guy, and that's an experience you can't pay for.

So, we get into the venue, and meet Zippy, who works for the band.  She gives my girls and I swag bags and badges and puts us in line with the other VIP peeps.

Then came the preshow VIP photo ops and meet & greet.  No pics from that (not allowed to take any), but Zippy took all of the pics, and they will be made available later.

So, the minds of my daughters are completely blown, even before the start of the show.  Nice.

We get into the venue and get our seats.  Not too bad.  I got a quick pic before the phone police made me cut it out.

So, we have Act 1 of the show.  It was awesome, and loud as hell.  My girls are thunderstruck.  At intermission, I meet up with fellow forum member TheOutlawXanadu really quickly, and I gave him one of the extra after show passes I had received.

OK, so Act 2 of the show happens, and it is just as awesome as Act 1 (maybe even a little better - I am one of the few who like Act 2 better).  Then we have the three song encore, and that shit was off the hook.  You should have seen my girls and I totally headbanging during As I Am and Pull Me Under.  My girls were extremely exhausted after the show, and that's OK.

So, the aftershow.  I text another friend who had come to the show (and who, incidentally, had gone to the only other DT show I had ever attended with me - the SCORE show in NYC) to come down to my seat, and I would give him and his buddy some other goodies.  Of course, he was already outside by that time, and texted back that he was locked out.  I told him I was sorry, and we would hook up again some other time.

So, we get to the after show.  At first, JP was the only one out there, and he was very gracious and entertaining to the crowd.  The other members eventually came out, (one by one, they came), and were all, again, very gracious and pleasant, even though they were obviously tired.

Lo and behold, my friend who had been locked out shows up.  I said "How the hell did you get down here?"  He said he was able to talk a security guard into letting him back into the venue, and then, once inside, he told whomever he talked to MY NAME and they brought him to the aftershow.  No shit.  So I gave him the passes as a souvenir, and he got a really nice experience as well. 

So, some pics:

And here is a pic of my daughters smelling Mike Mangin's hair.  His idea, and I don't get it, but he's an eccentric dude.  Also, his hair smells like trees.

All in all, an incredible evening that my daughters and I will remember forever.  Thanks again to bosky, and to the band and their management for setting up this, well, ASTONISHING experience.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #8123 on: December 06, 2016, 06:10:04 AM »
Outstanding Hef!!!!!!! :metal
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #8124 on: December 06, 2016, 06:12:02 AM »
Nice, hef. :tup Glad you had such a great time.

I never got to meet MM. Got pics with JR, JLB, and JP though.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8125 on: December 06, 2016, 06:45:48 AM »
Nice, Hef.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #8126 on: December 06, 2016, 07:02:17 AM »
Excellent hef :tup

Also, I get the best night's sleep I've had in forever last night. Thanks Percocet :D
Photobucket sucks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8127 on: December 06, 2016, 07:09:04 AM »
Hef, that is totally awesome!!!!! :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #8128 on: December 06, 2016, 07:47:26 AM »
I kind of feel for my oldest.  She has a calculus test today.  She was still studying at 1 am when I went to bed lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8129 on: December 06, 2016, 08:00:34 AM »
Hef, I love how you mention your concept of "personal time". I do the same thing. My wife is like, "but we're not late." And I'm thinking we should totally be there by now. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8130 on: December 06, 2016, 09:28:07 AM »
That's excellent, hef :tup
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #8131 on: December 06, 2016, 09:41:28 AM »
Hef, I love how you mention your concept of "personal time". I do the same thing. My wife is like, "but we're not late." And I'm thinking we should totally be there by now. :lol
:lol

My personal time also extends to when it's time to leave an event/get-together.  My wife just wants to stay and stay and talk and talk and I'm like, "It's time to go."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8132 on: December 06, 2016, 11:07:42 AM »

My personal time also extends to when it's time to leave an event/get-together.  My wife just wants to stay and stay and talk and talk and I'm like, "It's time to go."

Totally!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8133 on: December 06, 2016, 11:08:58 AM »
So anyway, it seems as though some genius figured out how to package my brightness!  ;D

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8134 on: December 06, 2016, 11:24:48 AM »

I feel your pain guys.  I feel your pain.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8135 on: December 06, 2016, 12:20:23 PM »
Emily will spend tonight in the hospital, too. She's improving, slowly, but they want to keep giving her nebulizer treatments and another steroid shot in the morning. It's to keep her airway clear to make sure if we get discharged that we don't have to come back.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8136 on: December 06, 2016, 12:39:12 PM »
As long as there are improvements, that's the main thing.

And btw great pictures Hef!!

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8137 on: December 06, 2016, 12:47:20 PM »
Yes. She's in no danger, but is still sick. The hospital simply doesn't want to release and discharge her, only for us to end up back in the ER because her airway is inflamed and closing again. Better to keep her there while the treatments work and then send her home when she's well enough. It's just complete upheaval.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8138 on: December 06, 2016, 08:24:59 PM »
Evening, guys

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8139 on: December 07, 2016, 05:39:34 AM »
Morning guys!

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8140 on: December 07, 2016, 06:47:28 AM »
Emily seems to be doing a lot better. She's more herself and she's coughing more, which means her airways are opening up and the infection might be moving through. Hoping against hope she comes home today.

Eric's got a cold, again, and I kept him out of school today to make sure he could rest and not exacerbate everything into potentially what Emily has.
I hate this time of year.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8141 on: December 07, 2016, 07:48:41 AM »
Emily's coming home today.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #8142 on: December 07, 2016, 07:57:18 AM »

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8143 on: December 07, 2016, 08:04:00 AM »
Good news!!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8144 on: December 07, 2016, 09:37:37 AM »
Great news!

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8145 on: December 07, 2016, 01:08:20 PM »
She is so happy to be home in her own bed. So glad she's better now.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8146 on: December 07, 2016, 03:23:23 PM »
8 minutes left of work. I forgot to mention earlier by those are awesome pics Hef

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8147 on: December 07, 2016, 08:22:51 PM »
I'm glad she's home, bro. That's good news.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8148 on: December 07, 2016, 08:24:53 PM »
Fantastic news.  Well bedtime.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8149 on: December 07, 2016, 08:30:31 PM »
I'll be up in a minute.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8150 on: December 07, 2016, 09:14:23 PM »
Thanks all. She's finally herself again and is overjoyed to be home in her own bed.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8151 on: December 07, 2016, 09:16:18 PM »
Having a good nights sleep in her own bed will help

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8152 on: December 08, 2016, 05:14:16 AM »
Good morning everyone

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran