Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. OMG Guys it's a new Chat Thread  (Read 390206 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. OMG Guys it's a new Chat Thread
« Reply #6370 on: September 30, 2016, 11:48:27 AM »
I don't mind parents being excited about having a kid, but sending out formal invitations to such an event  really just annoys the shit out of me. If anything, just invite everyone for a BBQ, fill the coolers up, and then randomly at some point just make a quick announcement regarding the existence or non-existence of a penis and then get back to the party.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6371 on: September 30, 2016, 11:51:45 AM »
I've never been to a gender reveal party and I can't think of why it needs to have this much commotion. Next thing they'll have a Evening of Conception party. Everyone gets to gather around the bed throwing gummy worms at the fornicating couple.

Just go the game of thrones (more so the way it's done in the books) way, every wedding needs a bedding.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #6372 on: September 30, 2016, 11:53:04 AM »
I've never been to a gender reveal party and I can't think of why it needs to have this much commotion. Next thing they'll have a Evening of Conception party. Everyone gets to gather around the bed throwing gummy worms at the fornicating couple.

Just go the game of thrones (more so the way it's done in the books) way, every wedding needs a bedding.

Just don't go the red wedding route. :lol Or Joffrey's wedding. And so on.....
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #6373 on: September 30, 2016, 11:54:08 AM »
I don't mind parents being excited about having a kid, but sending out formal invitations to such an event  really just annoys the shit out of me. If anything, just invite everyone for a BBQ, fill the coolers up, and then randomly at some point just make a quick announcement regarding the existence or non-existence of a penis and then get back to the party.

I stopped at bbq and coolers. Did you say anything after that?

That's exactly what crossed my mind.  :lol 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6374 on: September 30, 2016, 12:07:25 PM »
Howdy
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6375 on: September 30, 2016, 12:18:05 PM »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6376 on: September 30, 2016, 03:04:11 PM »
jfc

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6378 on: September 30, 2016, 05:48:01 PM »
Francis?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6379 on: September 30, 2016, 06:10:18 PM »
Francis?

Exactly!  I was named after my grandfather who died 3 weeks before my parents were married. My dad promised my grandmother that the first boy would be named after him.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6380 on: September 30, 2016, 06:14:03 PM »
Cool. My Grandfather's name was James Francis Crowley. But he went by Francis. He had a major stroke right after I was born. I really only remember visiting him in nursing homes. I think I was around 10 when he died.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6381 on: September 30, 2016, 06:41:38 PM »
I love the heritage lines.  My brother had a girl and a boy's name so you know I used that to my advantage as a kid. :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6382 on: September 30, 2016, 09:38:07 PM »
I have a feeling that tonight is going to be one of those nights where I'm going to have a hell of a time going to sleep.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6383 on: September 30, 2016, 09:44:24 PM »
Hey, Reap.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6384 on: October 01, 2016, 05:02:53 AM »
Morning Blob.  I'm DVR'ing a new show called Timeless.  Check out to previews.   You might like it.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6385 on: October 01, 2016, 05:06:41 AM »
Morning Blob.  I'm DVR'ing a new show called Timeless.  Check out to previews.   You might like it.

I do generally have a thing against US scifi series and I don't expect much from it, but being time travel related, I am legally obligated to check it out. Got another time travel related show coming up in a few weeks too called Travelers. Hopefully I get at least one decent new show out of them.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6386 on: October 01, 2016, 05:26:20 AM »
I'm not much for time travel unless it's called Back to the Future. :lol  It looks like Goran Visnjic is in that show. He played Damien Moreau in Leverage.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6387 on: October 01, 2016, 05:30:02 AM »
Travelers.  I need to check that out as well.  Timeless is from the same TV station as Grimm

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6388 on: October 01, 2016, 05:38:58 AM »
Travelers.  I need to check that out as well.  Timeless is from the same TV station as Grimm

TV station means nothing. The people involved don't have any scifi cred, so I expect it will be standard US dreck. And with all of the time travel stuff I've seen, it will have to be good to interest me. Most people get confused with time travel, so it usually gets watered down to simple shit for the masses.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6389 on: October 01, 2016, 05:49:13 AM »
What I've noticed over the years is certain TV stations have a style to all their TV shows. A certain way they film.  A certain look and I like NBC's style.  That's all my point.

It's obvious writing,  directing ect make the show but I like the style of their shows.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6390 on: October 01, 2016, 05:49:40 AM »
Blob, what would you recommend as a great time travel show? Like you said, it gets watered down here, so recommend a good one.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6391 on: October 01, 2016, 06:00:11 AM »
Blob, what would you recommend as a great time travel show? Like you said, it gets watered down here, so recommend a good one.

One that recently finished is Continuum. It's a shame it didn't get a long enough run to do everything it wanted do, but it was still a great show.

There aren't a lot of other shows I love where time travel is a central part of the premise, but most scifi shows I watch include time travel at some point. There are also a lot of great recent time travel movies.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6392 on: October 01, 2016, 06:02:07 AM »
I concur with Blob on Continuum.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6393 on: October 01, 2016, 06:18:41 AM »
I'll give Continuum as shot after I'm done with White Collar.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6394 on: October 01, 2016, 06:37:36 AM »
What I've noticed over the years is certain TV stations have a style to all their TV shows. A certain way they film.  A certain look and I like NBC's style.  That's all my point.

It's obvious writing,  directing ect make the show but I like the style of their shows.
I hate watching TV shows. I hate the whole shaky camera thing, plus the dialog sucks so bad on everything I see. I literally follow no show, and haven't for at least 10 years. The last show I watched regularly when it came out was House, but probably only because it came on after American Idol, and it held our attention. But like all shows, it eventually got stupid too.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6395 on: October 01, 2016, 06:41:22 AM »

I hate watching TV shows. I hate the whole shaky camera thing, plus the dialog sucks so bad on everything I see. I literally follow no show, and haven't for at least 10 years. The last show I watched regularly when it came out was House, but probably only because it came on after American Idol, and it held our attention. But like all shows, it eventually got stupid too.

There are plenty of amazing shows in the past decade, and a lot of shows are over the shaky camera fad. Best to just check out the stuff with a good reputation rather than waste your time hunting down the shows worth watching though.
Me, I've got nothing better to do though. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6396 on: October 01, 2016, 06:41:37 AM »
My God you're an old cranky bastard.  :lol

More likely with your children,  you have no time for TV. 

Which as a parent is the right call.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6397 on: October 01, 2016, 06:53:01 AM »

Not a fan of TV, eh?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6398 on: October 01, 2016, 07:01:35 AM »
I love TV. It's always on.

Actually the new Kieffer Sutherland show looks like it has a cool premise. But I have no idea when it comes on.

Joe, it's not even the kids. They're on their computers or busy with other stuff. Just nothing seems to impress me. Plus during the summer, the Sox are always on.

When I watch shows, I always find myself saying "Yeah, like THAT would ever happen", or "who would say THAT?". Everything just seems so fake.

I know HBO has a good reputation for shows, but I don't have HBO.

One thing that having kids did affect is that I cannot watch a show that has anything to do with child abuse, neglect, or kidnapping. Can't do it. That kind of thing never bothered me before.

Why do so many storylines involve an adulterous affair? It seems like when a writer can't think of anything else, they go, "Oh I know, let's have a character have an affair." Such a lame move.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6399 on: October 01, 2016, 07:03:57 AM »
When I watch shows, I always find myself saying "Yeah, like THAT would ever happen", or "who would say THAT?". Everything just seems so fake.

Where's your imagination?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6400 on: October 01, 2016, 07:04:50 AM »
Morning!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6401 on: October 01, 2016, 07:22:57 AM »
Morning Reap!

Time, there are so many shows I bet you'd like.  May I suggest Suits. It's in its 6th season.  I love the show.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6402 on: October 01, 2016, 07:28:33 AM »

Time, there are so many shows I bet you'd like.  May I suggest Suits. It's in its 6th season.  I love the show.

Another time travel show?

:neverusethis:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6403 on: October 01, 2016, 07:31:08 AM »

Another time travel show?

:neverusethis:

I'd watch that.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6404 on: October 01, 2016, 07:47:32 AM »
Nope.  Not at all.  Google it.