Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. OMG Guys it's a new Chat Thread  (Read 390268 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. OMG Guys it's a new Chat Thread
« Reply #5460 on: September 01, 2016, 01:58:19 PM »
Star Trek > > > Star Wars.

this

Not this.  :lol  Not that I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but I definitely prefer it to Star Trek.

Just checked into our hotel here in Clearwater, my friends got really unlucky with the weather and their wedding.

Isn't that where Savatage is from originally?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5461 on: September 01, 2016, 07:33:04 PM »
I thought they were from the Tampa Bay Area but I'm not sure if it's from Clearwater./

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5462 on: September 01, 2016, 10:06:09 PM »
Star Trek > > > Star Wars.

this

+1
I prefer to watch more thoughtful things like that.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:34:02 AM by BlobVanDam »
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5463 on: September 02, 2016, 04:42:39 AM »
I like both.

*Fence sitter*
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5464 on: September 02, 2016, 04:46:59 AM »
I enjoy both too, but Star Wars is just regular movies to me. It's not worthy of my fanatical devotion like Star Trek. :lol

Morning king!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5465 on: September 02, 2016, 04:53:59 AM »
Morning.   

The reason I'm a TV guy is for the story arch.   Now Marvel is changing that with their movies but you don't get the storylines for the most part with movies.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5466 on: September 02, 2016, 04:58:31 AM »
I'm with you. I've always been more interested in TV shows than movies because of the ability for more character development and story arcs. And it can be so epic to see the payoff to a story arc that's been building for years. I don't really get that same feeling from movies, even when they're awesome. I of course love watching movies too, but they're different.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5467 on: September 02, 2016, 05:28:24 AM »
I thought they were from the Tampa Bay Area but I'm not sure if it's from Clearwater./

Tarpon Springs. I had to Google it.  :lol  Early on they played clubs in the Tampa and Clearwater area.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5468 on: September 02, 2016, 05:36:33 AM »
Tarpon looks like it should be an unfortunate typo.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5469 on: September 02, 2016, 05:49:34 AM »
I thought the same thing. I almost typed it as Tampon Springs. I was like, oh boy, someone ate the jelly donut.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #5470 on: September 02, 2016, 06:50:21 AM »
Abbreviated day today, boss is shutting us down at noon.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5471 on: September 02, 2016, 07:26:10 AM »
I'm heading to court right now. I have face the girl who tore my fucking heart out, after I turned my life upside-down for her because I thought she was the most amazing person I ever met, so I can hopefully get to have visitation rights to the son that nobody believed was mine up until I recently saw a photo of him. Panic attack isn't even justifying how I feel right now and saying my hands are shaking is an understatement. I can't believe a year later that this girl could still have this effect on me. Nobody has ever got in my head like this.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #5472 on: September 02, 2016, 07:38:59 AM »
I wish I could say something that would alleviate how you feel, but I know that's fruitless. If you can, take an ativan or something like that to help with the physical symptoms, and then just head down and do it. I've often found it's much harder to wait to do something than it is to just do it. Good luck.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5473 on: September 02, 2016, 07:49:13 AM »
Thanks. I just need to face it and hope it goes smoothly. Seeing her, and how I react, is what I'm fearing the most. I still have lucid dreams about her. I wake up and feel like she just left my home.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5474 on: September 02, 2016, 08:10:09 AM »
I'm heading to court right now. I have face the girl who tore my fucking heart out, after I turned my life upside-down for her because I thought she was the most amazing person I ever met, so I can hopefully get to have visitation rights to the son that nobody believed was mine up until I recently saw a photo of him. Panic attack isn't even justifying how I feel right now and saying my hands are shaking is an understatement. I can't believe a year later that this girl could still have this effect on me. Nobody has ever got in my head like this.

Good luck and while I also can't really give much advice as this is above anything I can imagine feeling, but try to stay calm and not let the emotions get the best of you.  Make the best rational case to the judge without letting your anger towards the mother get in the way.  Hope this works out for you.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5475 on: September 02, 2016, 08:48:54 AM »
I enjoy both too, but Star Wars is just regular movies to me. It's not worthy of my fanatical devotion like Star Trek. :lol

Morning king!

Plus the Star trek prequels are light years better than the Star Wars prequels.

Even Into Darkness is nowhere near as bad as Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones...And Star Trek Beyond is the best out of all 6 films.

Even Star Trek 1 - 6 of the original Cast even out to be better than the first 6 Star Wars films.

Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home, Undiscovered Country then Search For Spock and Motion Picture.

I'd rather watch The Final Frontier any day than ANY of the Star Wars prequels :)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5476 on: September 02, 2016, 09:09:05 AM »
Good morning everybody.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5477 on: September 02, 2016, 09:11:37 AM »

Good luck and while I also can't really give much advice as this is above anything I can imagine feeling, but try to stay calm and not let the emotions get the best of you.  Make the best rational case to the judge without letting your anger towards the mother get in the way.  Hope this works out for you.

I'm a bit calmer now. She's here with her mother. I'm sitting far away from them just waiting to be called in. If she wasn't so immature we could handle this like adults but she's only too adept at playing games.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5478 on: September 02, 2016, 09:22:19 AM »

Morning king!

Plus the Star trek prequels are light years better than the Star Wars prequels.

Even Into Darkness is nowhere near as bad as Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones...And Star Trek Beyond is the best out of all 6 films.

Even Star Trek 1 - 6 of the original Cast even out to be better than the first 6 Star Wars films.

Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home, Undiscovered Country then Search For Spock and Motion Picture.

I'd rather watch The Final Frontier any day than ANY of the Star Wars prequels :)

Into Darkness is as bad as The Phantom Menace. Not sure I could choose which is worse. I'd rather watch AOTC and ROTS over either one though. I'd agree with Beyond being the best out of the 6.

And I'll take TFF over all of them! :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5479 on: September 02, 2016, 09:40:00 AM »

I'm a bit calmer now. She's here with her mother. I'm sitting far away from them just waiting to be called in. If she wasn't so immature we could handle this like adults but she's only too adept at playing games.

That's why you got to make sure you remain the calmer one

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5480 on: September 02, 2016, 10:26:49 AM »
For me - The acting, visuals and action in Into Darkness are all great. it's just got a lousy script.

Phantom Menace has terrible acting, really over done CGI which is terrible in places and the script is godawful.

Into Darkness wins.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5481 on: September 02, 2016, 10:31:06 AM »
For me - The acting, visuals and action in Into Darkness are all great. it's just got a lousy script.

Phantom Menace has terrible acting, really over done CGI which is terrible in places and the script is godawful.

Into Darkness wins.

*Just* a lousy script? The script is everything, man! Nothing else counts if it can't manage a decent script first. It's like multiplying by zero. You still get zero. Based on script, I'd say ID was the more flimsy, although neither is good. Acting was of course terrible in those prequels, which is an important one, but acting can be excused if the script is good. Unfortunately not the case here though.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5482 on: September 02, 2016, 10:33:48 AM »
So if a film has a shit script - you can't enjoy it on ANY level ?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5483 on: September 02, 2016, 10:41:56 AM »
So if a film has a shit script - you can't enjoy it on ANY level ?

Not really. My brain doesn't turn off so I can watch mindless shit happen on screen. If the script is bad, I find a movie difficult to watch. Good acting and visuals are simply part of telling the story, not a substitute. I'd much rather watch a movie with average acting and no effects if it has a great script.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5484 on: September 02, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »
I think your wrong Blob.  Into Darkness  is light years * pun intended*  ahead of TPM.  I can't even watch TPM.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5485 on: September 02, 2016, 10:46:59 AM »
I think your wrong Blob.  Into Darkness  is light years * pun intended*  ahead of TPM.  I can't even watch TPM.

Right. TPM is a failure on pretty much every level.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5486 on: September 02, 2016, 10:47:25 AM »

Well I can't watch either of them. :lol I was cringing and sighing and facepalming so hard the whole way through ID at the cinema. At least TPM gave me the occasional laugh, even if for the wrong reasons. :biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5487 on: September 02, 2016, 10:49:40 AM »
 :lol
At least it gave you the spark that lead to the death of Jar Jar.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5488 on: September 02, 2016, 11:13:32 AM »
I didn't mind Into Darkness, maybe that's partially just due to my only Star Trek exposure being this run of new films.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5489 on: September 02, 2016, 11:14:44 AM »
I didn't mind Into Darkness, maybe that's partially just due to my only Star Trek exposure being this run of new films.

It borrows heavily from The Wrath of Khan - so watch that one next. It's a stone cold classic. Not just Trek but Sci Fi too.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5490 on: September 02, 2016, 02:53:58 PM »

That's why you got to make sure you remain the calmer one

So now there's a temporary child support order out. Starting with my next paycheck I'll be paying child support for my son. We have to go back to the court in October with the financial paperwork filled out at which point what I pay will be reduced since he is my second child. Regardless, I might have to start looking for a new, or second, job as I'm cutting it very close to going over what I make. I would hate to have to resort to taking up what I did during my previous life to make extra money.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5491 on: September 02, 2016, 07:45:35 PM »
Yikes..That's some serious shit.

Hopefully whatever it was wasn't illegal or immoral. I'm sure it was probably both! :lol

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5492 on: September 03, 2016, 06:18:56 AM »
Asiago bagel egg and cheese sandwich was made and devoured. Now the coffee to get me going.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5493 on: September 03, 2016, 07:11:04 AM »
Yikes..That's some serious shit.

Hopefully whatever it was wasn't illegal or immoral. I'm sure it was probably both! :lol

Well, morality is relative.  ;)  As far as being illegal, I can neither confirm nor deny anything.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5494 on: September 03, 2016, 12:12:00 PM »
Good afternoon folks, sorry for all the heartache Prog, I hope things work out.