Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. OMG Guys it's a new Chat Thread  (Read 394683 times)

Offline The Trooper

Re: DTF Chat Thread v. OMG Guys it's a new Chat Thread
« Reply #2170 on: May 19, 2016, 01:49:40 PM »
haha.  I agree with John tho. I usually make mostly Sicilian dishes. I think I cook better than most places in the NY/NJ area. So I usually cook in when it comes to Italian food. Although mostly if I do eggplant samm, I do grilled eggplant, homemade roasted peppers, fresh mozz and basil and balsamic vinegar.

As for sloppy seconds. I am divorced and single so now I am up for anything I can get. Sloppy seconds is good for me :rollin

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2171 on: May 19, 2016, 01:55:06 PM »
You get sloppy seconds?  Man, you and your wife are into some weird shit.

:lol

No Troop is bagging out on making his own Eggplant Parmesan.  Since I'm making it first.  Besides, my wife says one idiot is enough. :lol

haha good thing about being an idiot is first recognizing I am one. So  got that going for me. Not that it changes my being an idiot :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2172 on: May 19, 2016, 01:57:20 PM »
haha.  I agree with John tho. I usually make mostly Sicilian dishes. I think I cook better than most places in the NY/NJ area. So I usually cook in when it comes to Italian food. Although mostly if I do eggplant samm, I do grilled eggplant, homemade roasted peppers, fresh mozz and basil and balsamic vinegar.

As for sloppy seconds. I am divorced and single so now I am up for anything I can get. Sloppy seconds is good for me :rollin

Man, I'm hungry again. Basil, mozz, and peppers are an excellent combo.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2173 on: May 19, 2016, 02:12:45 PM »

Man, I'm hungry again. Basil, mozz, and peppers are an excellent combo.

yeah I love it :tup

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2174 on: May 19, 2016, 02:17:57 PM »
We are doing Indian food. Great place here in Montclair here. Can't get good Indian food in Mississippi lol. Or Italian lol

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2175 on: May 19, 2016, 02:19:18 PM »
We are doing Indian food. Great place here in Montclair here. Can't get good Indian food in Mississippi lol. Or Italian lol

Brick Lane?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2176 on: May 19, 2016, 02:19:44 PM »
She is a World Champion BBQ chef. So It was either Indian or French. I hate French.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2177 on: May 19, 2016, 02:21:03 PM »

Brick Lane?

Is there any other? It is AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2178 on: May 19, 2016, 02:23:53 PM »

Brick Lane?

Is there any other? It is AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's *really* good. I was supposed to be getting Brick Lane for dinner Monday night before plans changed :( We used to get Indian from other places sometimes just because Brick Lane didn't deliver, but now that they do there's no need to get it from anywhere else.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2179 on: May 19, 2016, 02:24:21 PM »
Best Phaal around. Been there a lot and still have to sign the waiver it is so hot :flame:

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2180 on: May 19, 2016, 02:25:39 PM »
I am not in their delivery area any more. But Montclair is only 10 minutes away the way I drive lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #2181 on: May 19, 2016, 02:26:52 PM »
I have done did checked out today. Got some stuff done, met friend for lunch, got other stuff done, have to-do list for tomorrow, writing in sentence fragments. Today is almost in the books.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2182 on: May 19, 2016, 04:46:40 PM »
Later heathens. Out to dinner with my fiend then back for the second half (maybe) of the Cav's game.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2183 on: May 19, 2016, 05:40:49 PM »
evenin' all. just got back from my daughter's second drum lesson. her teacher's a jazz beast. part of our homework this week is to seriously consider picking up John Coltrane - Blue Train. We've also been recommended Count Baisie on two out of two lessons so far. I"m sensing a theme here.

I don't know anything about jazz, I've just always had a sneaking suspicion that if a kid wants to get into rock later they should take jazz earlier. Who knows, maybe she'll decide jazz is where it's at. I'd be cool with that. :hat
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2184 on: May 19, 2016, 06:04:43 PM »
I saw Billy Cobham live and he blew me away. A great teacher that is diversed is key.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2185 on: May 19, 2016, 06:33:57 PM »
:tup:

anyone else watch "Alone" on the History channel? I just discovered this show this season (season 2). anyway, watching that now and waiting for my husband to get home. today is our 23rd anniversary. There's a fair probability that I will have something chocolate before bed. *fingers crossed*
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2186 on: May 19, 2016, 09:14:49 PM »
After a rare night out. All I ask is for not to deal with morons. Me and morons do not mix. Especially when you thro mcdonalds bags on my lawn as I am getting out of my car on my lawn. yah............ that aint gonna work lets say.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2187 on: May 19, 2016, 09:20:28 PM »
job done lerts say. they wont be back

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2188 on: May 19, 2016, 09:28:51 PM »
night peeps. :yarr

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2189 on: May 19, 2016, 11:31:57 PM »
Jeeze I am tired. Spent the last 2 days at the county gov't center stuck in a little auditorium taking County mandatory training from county HR. First day was my orientation (which was kind of redundant seeing as my agency HR already went through like 85% of that), and today was Workplace Security, and then Discrimination Prevention and Sexual Harassment. So. Fucking. Boring. Doesn't help that the trainer, who was otherwise really fucking cool, seemed to be kinda biased against men in the Sexual Harassment course. She made it seem that men are pigs and women cannot harass.

Bull Fucking Shit.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2190 on: May 20, 2016, 04:45:06 AM »
We are pigs but we can also physically dominate so there is a need for that.

Morning. Another damn 50th wedding anniversary to go to tonight.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2191 on: May 20, 2016, 05:07:58 AM »
Women are able to harass but the circumstances (and incidences) are so vanishingly small that they are effectively zero.

Morning.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2192 on: May 20, 2016, 05:13:26 AM »
Morning ladies. Having a double espresso on my deck and having an egg white omelette.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2193 on: May 20, 2016, 05:14:52 AM »
I usually save the espresso's for the weekend. I think I just heard the bell go off for the coffee maker though. BRB.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2194 on: May 20, 2016, 05:19:12 AM »
Me too but just felt like having one. I will hit the coffee up in a bit. BTW, morning Podaar.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2195 on: May 20, 2016, 05:26:52 AM »
...and to you, kind sir. *tips his cup*

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2196 on: May 20, 2016, 05:27:54 AM »
Morning, dudes.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2197 on: May 20, 2016, 05:31:23 AM »
Morning Blob.

A tip of my cup to you both. ;)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2198 on: May 20, 2016, 05:33:20 AM »
Morning Blob! He's not just a noun anymore.

I've been trying to find a good way to use Blob as an adjective just to tease King. I noticed his faux pas yesterday.  :)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2199 on: May 20, 2016, 05:34:03 AM »
I have no cup to tip to you. :(

I've been trying to find a good way to use Blob as an adjective just to tease King. I noticed his faux pas yesterday.  :)

:lol Glad someone else noticed it to. I was gonna give him hell, but by the time I quoted it, it had changed.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2200 on: May 20, 2016, 05:35:13 AM »
Morning, bone diddlies.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2201 on: May 20, 2016, 05:35:36 AM »
That King is quick. I saw I as well.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2202 on: May 20, 2016, 05:36:54 AM »
 :biggrin:

You were too late suckas! :lol

Tomorrow after mowing my lawn I plan on being a blobing couch potato until my dad comes over. :biggrin:

As my wife. :lol

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2203 on: May 20, 2016, 05:37:19 AM »
I have no cup to tip to you. :(

:lol Glad someone else noticed it to. I was gonna give him hell, but by the time I quoted it, it had changed.

Blobs cup would be upside down anyway.

Morning Prog man.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2204 on: May 20, 2016, 05:38:24 AM »
:biggrin:

You were too late suckas! :lol

Tomorrow after mowing my lawn I plan on being a blobing couch potato until my dad comes over. :biggrin:

As my wife. :lol

Boom!