Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. OMG Guys it's a new Chat Thread  (Read 390199 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. OMG Guys it's a new Chat Thread
« Reply #1890 on: May 16, 2016, 03:48:28 AM »
My tits are saggy and fantastic.   Morning.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1891 on: May 16, 2016, 04:46:01 AM »
I have coffee  :coolio :coolio

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #1892 on: May 16, 2016, 04:58:17 AM »
:vfs: morning
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #1893 on: May 16, 2016, 05:16:42 AM »
Finishing breakfast with the kiddos.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1894 on: May 16, 2016, 05:27:51 AM »
I just got into work. We only have four field techs, yet some jackass scheduled five separate meets with Verizon.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1895 on: May 16, 2016, 05:46:30 AM »
I just got into work. We only have four field techs, yet some jackass scheduled five separate meets with Verizon.

Sounds like this scheduler knows that there are three types of people in this world... those that can count; and those that can't.

'mornin.  About to pour cup #2 of coffee, and really don't feel like doing shit today.  Work is blowing up, and thankfully, I'm about 2000 miles from the epicentre.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1896 on: May 16, 2016, 05:49:40 AM »

Sounds like this scheduler knows that there are three types of people in this world... those that can count; and those that can't.

'mornin.  About to pour cup #2 of coffee, and really don't feel like doing shit today.  Work is blowing up, and thankfully, I'm about 2000 miles from the epicentre.

That reminds me of a t-shirt I have. There 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't. I love how some people see it and stare at it so hard that they're eyes are about to burn a hole through the shirt just trying to figure out the riddle.  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1897 on: May 16, 2016, 06:39:30 AM »
Good morning.

My wakeup isn't properly functioning.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1898 on: May 16, 2016, 06:41:43 AM »

That reminds me of a t-shirt I have. There 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't. I love how some people see it and stare at it so hard that they're eyes are about to burn a hole through the shirt just trying to figure out the riddle.  :lol

My friend had that as his yearbook quote, except it was obvious which group the person who retyped it up fell under, because they actually changed it to "ten" instead of "10".  ::)
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1899 on: May 16, 2016, 06:44:40 AM »
Got through my morning emails, all 3 of them. Wow. So boss is gone for the week, new computer comes today, and I have a clear cut & dry to-do list for the week.

Where's the horseshoe I sat on? I certainly don't feel anything up there but damn...
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1900 on: May 16, 2016, 06:47:05 AM »
Don't jinx your good run!

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1901 on: May 16, 2016, 06:48:44 AM »

My friend had that as his yearbook quote, except it was obvious which group the person who retyped it up fell under, because they actually changed it to "ten" instead of "10".  ::)

:lol Which pretty much ruined the joke and made your friend look silly, I'm guessing.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1902 on: May 16, 2016, 06:53:28 AM »
I used to wear this shirt around and regularly got people staring, crinkling up their noses, and then smiling once they finally got it. Other times, people tried to argue with me that I had a picture of one and said the other and got indignant when I simply said, "That's the humor."

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1903 on: May 16, 2016, 06:56:01 AM »
Morning folks! Hanging out here in New York with nothing to do, having my third cup of coffee and surfing the web.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1904 on: May 16, 2016, 07:00:22 AM »
I don't see many things being accomplished today.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1905 on: May 16, 2016, 07:01:41 AM »
Same here.

My "get up and go" has got up and went.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1906 on: May 16, 2016, 07:02:53 AM »
Same here.

My "get up and go" has got up and went.

So you're hankerin' for a hunk of cheese?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1907 on: May 16, 2016, 07:12:08 AM »
Um, yeah.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1908 on: May 16, 2016, 07:13:38 AM »
The only thing I plan on accomplishing today is having lunch, and then later some dinner.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1909 on: May 16, 2016, 07:16:33 AM »
I'll probably get one of my to-do list items done since it requires minimal thinking. Then I'll probably just fuck around til the new computer arrives and then spend the rest of the day setting it up. :eyebrows:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1910 on: May 16, 2016, 07:17:48 AM »
Um, yeah.

You don't remember that Saturday morning cartoon telling kids to eat so to be healthy eat cheese? :lol

The line is what you said, "when your get up is gone and........."

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1911 on: May 16, 2016, 07:24:00 AM »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1912 on: May 16, 2016, 07:30:33 AM »
Um, yeah.

You don't remember that Saturday morning cartoon telling kids to eat so to be healthy eat cheese? :lol

Yes, I remember.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1913 on: May 16, 2016, 07:34:26 AM »
You are no fun Hef. :lol

Yup!  A Wagon Wheel!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1914 on: May 16, 2016, 07:34:51 AM »
Um, yeah.

Whereas my instant thought was that the backstage boogie sets your pants on fire.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #1915 on: May 16, 2016, 07:43:28 AM »
Um, yeah.

I couldn't recall exactly where it came from. was it a schoolhouse rock song?

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #1916 on: May 16, 2016, 07:43:58 AM »

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1917 on: May 16, 2016, 07:44:12 AM »
G'morning all. Settling in for hopefully a quiet Monday at the office. Looking forward to getting Indian food for dinner tonight.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1918 on: May 16, 2016, 09:16:14 AM »
And it has become the don'tgiveafuck day. I finished a couple things, and now I'm just dicking around waiting. *sigh* I could totally be doing something right now but I don't want to, so fuck it.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1919 on: May 16, 2016, 09:51:35 AM »
Morning folks.  It's Monday.  Ugh.  Another day sitting in a class room setting.  Just when I thought I was grasping these concepts pretty well,  the trainee throws another layer on..  Delving deeper..  So much info...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1920 on: May 16, 2016, 11:42:39 AM »
Is it me or has this board been deader than usual today?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1921 on: May 16, 2016, 11:58:34 AM »
A little.

In other news, the pool folks came out and opened the pool today.  All I have to do now is order a new brush attachment for it and I'm pretty much set.  Bought 40 pounds of baking soda at Costco, got my $110 50# bucket of chlorine tablets for $40 after applying for an Amazon credit card.  In a few days, it'll be looking fantastic.

Got the containment pool to house my fish in while I work on tearing the pond apart to replace the liner.  Still not sure that I'm up to the challenge of doing this, but I've already started and kinda committed myself to it.  This has been a couple year battle that I now have to win.  I refuse to let this f*cking thing outdo me.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1922 on: May 16, 2016, 12:10:07 PM »
That's kind of how I feel about redoing our patio this summer. We let the summer get away from us last year and never really got into doing it but we are determined to do it this year - I have no idea if I/we are capable of doing what we intend, but I guess we'll find out!

Also, fucking FedEx hasn't come yet. USPS, UPS, even DHL have delivered so far today but not FedEx. Why am I so impatient?!

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1923 on: May 16, 2016, 12:31:00 PM »
Maybe today is actually a holiday and we all forgot.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1924 on: May 16, 2016, 12:32:10 PM »
I have had the pizza I've ever had in Long Island. This place called The Pie in Port Jefferson.