Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 93069 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #560 on: May 01, 2016, 10:17:15 AM »
:woot:

Leafs got the #1 pick.

Seriously, was this ever in doubt? No way they weren't not getting the #1. The league was not going to let that happen.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #561 on: May 01, 2016, 10:53:26 AM »
:woot:

Leafs got the #1 pick.

Seriously, was this ever in doubt? No way they weren't not getting the #1. The league was not going to let that happen.

Well, we came damned close last year (had the best odds going into the final phase of the lottery), but Edmonton got it, and McDavid.

As for whether we need Matthews, it's a good question.  We do have some quality young centers, so that gives Shanny/Lou lots of options to wheel and deal.  Bozak/Kadri are our top 2 today - and they shouldn't be Top 2 anywhere.  Imagine a roster with Nylander and Matthews as 1-2 in a few years.  That could end up being as good as any tandem in the league.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #562 on: May 01, 2016, 11:12:26 AM »
Kadri's locked up and he should be a 2c, not the 1c he was forced to be this season. Asked this question on Reddit and Leafs fans are tearing me a new asshole. Leafs really don't have much depth after JVR and he seems on the way out. Y'all got Kapenen though and that's always rad.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #563 on: May 01, 2016, 12:59:43 PM »
Hoping for a better game from the Blues today.  :tup :tup

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #564 on: May 01, 2016, 01:18:37 PM »
Hoping for a better game from the Blues today.  :tup :tup

Well, they can't possibly play any worse than they did Friday night. I expect them to win this game today if they play their game.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #565 on: May 01, 2016, 01:40:44 PM »
Hell of start to this game.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #566 on: May 01, 2016, 03:09:32 PM »
Big win for Pittsburgh last night. Loving the way they are playing right now, and as the old adage goes, you aren't in trouble until you lose a game at home, so they've got a bit of an advantage so far.

Also, I love Orpik, but that was a pretty bad hit. It was super late and only made contact with the head. I don't think he has a track record, so I'd say a 1-2 game suspension would be plenty, but I hope Maata is okay, that man has had horrible luck in his young career.

Kris Letang is a beast.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #567 on: May 01, 2016, 03:17:30 PM »
Horse sh%t call off the face off. If there was ever a dive that'd have been it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #568 on: May 01, 2016, 03:48:01 PM »
 >:(

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #569 on: May 01, 2016, 04:27:00 PM »
Whew. That'd have been a tough loss to take.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #570 on: May 01, 2016, 05:04:38 PM »
Big OT win for St. Louis. Going home for the next two games tied 1-1 is completely different than going home down 2-0.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #571 on: May 01, 2016, 05:29:45 PM »
Big OT win for St. Louis. Going home for the next two games tied 1-1 is completely different than going home down 2-0.

Yep. I was worried even when we were up 3-1 because we'd missed several golden chances to make it 4 or 5 to 1. That always comes back to bite you .... they came out strong in OT though and got it done.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #572 on: May 01, 2016, 05:38:05 PM »
I'll take a win after that performance today. Very lucky to win. And I feel like we've seen the best of Dallas already, while the Blues' best has yet to come.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #573 on: May 01, 2016, 06:02:57 PM »
I'll take a win after that performance today. Very lucky to win. And I feel like we've seen the best of Dallas already, while the Blues' best has yet to come.

Agreed. Although like I mentioned to you via text....despite allowing Dallas to score (2) in the third I still think StL played a better game and definitely deserved the 'W'. I don't think we 'stole' that game at all....we just won it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #574 on: May 01, 2016, 06:06:39 PM »
True. The 3rd period was pretty ugly, but like you said, the resolve in OT was nice to see.  Both Dallas penalties in OT were blatant ones that had to be called, and the second led to the winner.  :tup :tup

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #575 on: May 01, 2016, 09:36:01 PM »
Pretty much agree with the above.  McGuire is creepy as shit sometimes, and I can never think of him without remembering this gem
I can give you that. That was just too weird. :lol Almost forgot about it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #576 on: May 02, 2016, 05:52:07 AM »
Pretty much agree with the above.  McGuire is creepy as shit sometimes, and I can never think of him without remembering this gem
I can give you that. That was just too weird. :lol Almost forgot about it.

I wish I could!!!  Though, I'm sure Dutch still has nightmares about it.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #577 on: May 02, 2016, 07:05:01 AM »
Big win for Pittsburgh last night. Loving the way they are playing right now, and as the old adage goes, you aren't in trouble until you lose a game at home, so they've got a bit of an advantage so far.

Also, I love Orpik, but that was a pretty bad hit. It was super late and only made contact with the head. I don't think he has a track record, so I'd say a 1-2 game suspension would be plenty, but I hope Maata is okay, that man has had horrible luck in his young career.

Kris Letang is a beast.

I'll echo all that. If you would have told me going into this series the Pens would steal one from the Caps at home and would be coming back to Pittsburgh with the series tied, I would have been happy with that.

More importantly, in both games I felt the Pens played well. The Caps are definitely a really good team, but I'd say the Pens overall have carried the majority of the play.

Oh and also, this will help the Pens:

https://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15442589/washington-capitals-d-brooks-orpik-suspended-3-games-hit-pittsburgh-penguins-d-olli-maatta

Orpik out for 3 games for that dangerous hit on Maatta. Good decision by the NHL.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #578 on: May 02, 2016, 07:49:25 AM »
My brotastic macabroni and cheese brother in law was over for this game and it was a trip. He put his 3-month-old daughter into her yet unwashed Capitals onesie because she was "2-0" while wearing it, then woke her at least 3 times during the game with outbursts. I heard about the disallowed goal and penalty for about 15 minutes afterwards, and the idea that the refs were bought was thrown around. And his ire was raised at the notion that Orpik would be suspended.

I really don't want to watch another hockey game with him. He took the fun out of it.

And yes, now he can wash the onesie.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #579 on: May 02, 2016, 08:20:16 AM »
My brotastic macabroni and cheese brother in law was over for this game and it was a trip. He put his 3-month-old daughter into her yet unwashed Capitals onesie because she was "2-0" while wearing it, then woke her at least 3 times during the game with outbursts. I heard about the disallowed goal and penalty for about 15 minutes afterwards, and the idea that the refs were bought was thrown around. And his ire was raised at the notion that Orpik would be suspended.

I really don't want to watch another hockey game with him. He took the fun out of it.

And yes, now he can wash the onesie.

Haha well that's all pretty ridiculous.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #580 on: May 02, 2016, 08:27:50 AM »
Yes, yes it is. He was sitting to my right and his wife to my left when the Penguins scored their first goal, so he then demanded he and his wife switch positions. Enough time passed and the Caps tied it, so he maintained that they had to keep the new positions for the rest of the game. When the Pens took the lead again, he just threw his hands in the air, cursed loudly several times and then said she could sit anywhere she wanted.

He also had to "knock on wood" every time a damning or jinxing stat was mentioned.

Even when I supremely die-hard, I never did anything remotely like that.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #581 on: May 02, 2016, 08:31:20 AM »
Oh man, I'd actually like to watch a game with him (especially if the Caps were losing) :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #582 on: May 02, 2016, 08:37:42 AM »
I suppose it it would actually have been more entertaining had he not kept waking his daughter and I hadn't been as tired as I was.
When he watches the Ravens, every time something good happens he has to stand up and high five everyone near him who is willing, sometimes those who aren't willing. It's an experience. He is the main reason I am pulling against the Caps; I can't handle the thought of him for a year if they do, in fact, win the Cup.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #583 on: May 02, 2016, 10:32:02 AM »
I come from an extremely superstitious family and have been guilty of being like that myself, but I would never put my child's health at risk by not washing their clothes due to superstition. That's completely ridiculous and irresponsible. I'm pulling for the Caps in this series because the Penguins (who are already my least favorite team) eliminated my Rangers, but if they get eliminated, I won't mind that either so that you don't have to deal with your brother-in-law anymore.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #584 on: May 02, 2016, 11:08:54 AM »
Haha, thanks for the sentiment. In all honestly I am completely detached from most of the outcomes and am just enjoying the hockey.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #585 on: May 02, 2016, 11:12:22 AM »
Haha, thanks for the sentiment. In all honestly I am completely detached from most of the outcomes and am just enjoying the hockey.

Ditto... I'm just a fan of good hockey.  I'm personally rooting for the Blues (for Gary's benefit), but otherwise, I have no horses in this race.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #586 on: May 02, 2016, 11:47:44 AM »
Ditto... I'm just a fan of good hockey.  I'm personally rooting for the Blues (for Gary's benefit)

:hug:

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #587 on: May 02, 2016, 12:18:24 PM »
Respect to Orpik for his words on his suspension. Less respect for Barry Trotz.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #588 on: May 02, 2016, 01:28:59 PM »
Respect to Orpik for his words on his suspension. Less respect for Barry Trotz.

Yeah seriously, Brooks handled it perfectly. Barry, not so much... :facepalm:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #589 on: May 02, 2016, 01:42:55 PM »
Why are we respecting Orpik? Because he owned it? WTF??
What's he going to say? He buried a guy high and late, and got caught.

His selfishness has really hurt his team.

And I'm not sure what Trotz is smoking.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #590 on: May 02, 2016, 01:47:30 PM »

Honestly, it was a dirty hit against my favorite team. But he owned up to it, which is more than a lot of players would do. I don't respect the hit, but I do respect him owning up to it.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #591 on: May 02, 2016, 01:47:49 PM »

Can someone post a link to Trotz's comments? Or is it just his "Matta was leaning over" comments?

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #592 on: May 02, 2016, 01:51:13 PM »
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/barry-trotz-hints-nhl-favored-penguins-on-orpik-suspension-173424765.html

“I’m disappointed in the length more than anything else. That injury to [Dmitry] Orlov in the previous season [could have been] career-ending,” said Trotz, of the hit by Pierre-Edouard Bellemare that earned the Flyers player one game. “I’m disappointed, but I’m not surprised based on who we’re playing and all that. So we’ll just move forward.”

When asked to clarify those comments, Trotz said: “Take it for whatever you want.”

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #593 on: May 02, 2016, 02:03:24 PM »
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/barry-trotz-hints-nhl-favored-penguins-on-orpik-suspension-173424765.html

“I’m disappointed in the length more than anything else. That injury to [Dmitry] Orlov in the previous season [could have been] career-ending,” said Trotz, of the hit by Pierre-Edouard Bellemare that earned the Flyers player one game. “I’m disappointed, but I’m not surprised based on who we’re playing and all that. So we’ll just move forward.”

When asked to clarify those comments, Trotz said: “Take it for whatever you want.”

:rollin

Silly Barry. And to think I thought it was Washington STATE that legalized it, not Washington DC.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #594 on: May 02, 2016, 02:08:34 PM »
Hey my sister in law was complaining that the disallowed goal shouldn't have resulted in a goalie interference penalty because losing the goal was punishment enough. By disallowing the goal AND giving Pittsburgh the PP, they were penalizing Washington twice, she said, and therefore playing favorites. There was no way I could explain that sequence of events that would give her any inkling of proper rules interpretation, so I let it go. She enables her husband sometimes.