Author Topic: MLB 2015  (Read 33194 times)

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Re: MLB 2015
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2015, 03:27:06 PM »
I have better things to be mad about, like how terrible the Mets have been.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2015, 03:36:15 PM »
You are talking to someone who has lived through the entire lifespan Mariners franchise. Your pain means nothing to me.

I agree, there is no point about being mad about Rose. But that is different than not caring about gambling in sports by athletes/coaches/etc.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2015, 02:56:39 PM »
You are talking to someone who has lived through the entire lifespan Mariners franchise. Your pain means nothing to me.

I agree, there is no point about being mad about Rose. But that is different than not caring about gambling in sports by athletes/coaches/etc.

I'm not a Mariners fan but I totally understand. To have all-time greats like Griffey, A-Rod, Big Unit, plus studs like Edgar, Ichiro, and now King Felix and not be able to turn that into a championship sucks. I'm still amazed at that 116-win team.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2015, 09:56:59 PM »
Seattle really should be much better than they are right now. The pitching has always been great, but has been missing the offense. The pitching staff is largely unchanged, and now they have offense out the ass. Only problem is, now the pitching is lackluster. What the hell, Seattle? Why?
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »
Simple, really. Our ownership group and front office have clearly stated that their primary goal is to make a profit. I can't find the exact quote online, but winning a world series is not the best business model, according to them. As long as Seattle fans are content to go to games and splurge on Bobble Head dolls and garlic fries, Lincoln/Armstrong et al will make their profits and keep the guys at Nintendo happy.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2015, 03:04:57 PM »
Profit = happy fans
Happy owners = profit.

Happiness... isn't that what it's all about in the end?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2015, 03:24:05 PM »
Yes, correct, and as I said, Seattle fans are generally happy enough as it is, and do not demand a championship mentality from their organization like fans in NY, Boston, or other major markets. If we did, this team should never draw more than a couple thousand fans a night, profits should plummet, and Nintendo should have realized Lincoln and Armstrong have no business running a professional sports team.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2015, 04:53:04 PM »
There is absolutely no reason why that franchise hasn't won a WS yet! They've had some really good teams and some incredible talent!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2015, 08:18:42 AM »
Somebody give a raise to whoever came up with the format change for last night's HR Derby! That was, without a doubt, the most fun, entertaining and exciting derby I've ever seen in my lifetime! Josh Hamilton in '08 was fun in the sense that it was just a one man show, but this was fun from start to end!

The crowd being so hot for Frazier added a lot too! Kudos MLB!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2015, 08:15:35 AM »
Yes, correct, and as I said, Seattle fans are generally happy enough as it is, and do not demand a championship mentality from their organization like fans in NY, Boston, or other major markets. If we did, this team should never draw more than a couple thousand fans a night, profits should plummet, and Nintendo should have realized Lincoln and Armstrong have no business running a professional sports team.
See, but the thing is, they did everything right this season, it seemed. All they really needed last year was that one big bat. That threatening power in the 3 or 4 spot in the lineup. When they got Nelly Cruz that should have been it. Everyone else pack it in, Seattle won. It's ridiculous that their pitching staff underperformed when Cruz was on his early season tear, and now the offense has gone completely flat. If the pitching staff wakes up and performs like their capable of (Feliz, Iwakuma, Walker, Paxton. Tell me you wouldn't kill for that shit), and the offense can be mediocre enough to score some runs once in a while, Seattle should be in business.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline dparrott

« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2015, 08:24:04 AM »
I'd like an explanation as to why this is not an out:
https://m.mlb.com/video/topic/11493214/v306947483/must-c-curious-abreu-awarded-homer-after-betts-drop

He caught the ball two steps in front of the wall.  If he hadn't of fallen over the wall, it would have been a definite out.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2015, 09:59:28 AM »
I'd like an explanation as to why this is not an out:
https://m.mlb.com/video/topic/11493214/v306947483/must-c-curious-abreu-awarded-homer-after-betts-drop

He caught the ball two steps in front of the wall.  If he hadn't of fallen over the wall, it would have been a definite out.

it was explained in the vid, the ball came out when he hit the ground.  If the ball came out of his glove while in the field of play the ball is still live and isn't a catch.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline dparrott

« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2015, 12:57:42 PM »
OK I get it, but that was the ONLY way that would be a HR.

Oh, and this happened last night.  Plays like this are why I love baseball.  DAMN!
https://m.mlb.com/video/v305485383/kccle-infante-backhand-flips-to-escobar-nabs-perez/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2015, 01:31:53 PM »
Man the Royals are going all in. I hope they pull it off this year.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2015, 01:36:30 PM »
Just parachuting in to say I'm a huge Mets fan and I'm beyond psyched that their in the playoff race -- they're even making moves to solidify their roster for the final two months.  LET'S GO METS!
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »
And it looks like they just got Carlos Gomez for Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2015, 08:57:22 PM »
And it looks like they just got Carlos Gomez for Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores.

I like this trade for the Brewers especially if Wheeler comes back 100%.  If not, oh well, Brewers were most likely not going to be able to sign Gomez after next season anyway.

Gomez has a lot of talent, unfortunately he doesn't always use it to his advantage.  One of the best fielding CF in the league but his offense is up and down.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2015, 09:11:07 PM »
its now being reported there is no deal between the Mets and the Brewers.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2015, 10:37:34 AM »
What a rollercoaster of emotions.  Poor Flores was crying on the field last night when rumors leaked and he got a standing ovation from the home crowd, only to learn he wasn't traded.  Some reports say the Mets were concerned about Gomez's hip, while others say the Mets were concerned about payroll.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2015, 09:50:26 AM »
I believe the hips more than the payroll.

Offline took_the_time11

« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2015, 11:03:07 AM »
Ugh the Nats are 2.5 games behind the mets now
I know the Aries Code & I enjoy the right to date.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2015, 09:25:32 PM »
Cubbies
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2015, 09:48:11 PM »
Cubbies

It's insane to think that a team that's 19 games over .500 is still in third place.

BTW.....Cards win again to go to 40 games over .500. Just sayin'    :hat
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2015, 09:51:14 PM »
lolNats

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2015, 01:43:21 PM »
Cubbies

It's insane to think that a team that's 19 games over .500 is still in third place.

I can't stand the Cards for that reason... They could all have broken legs and still end up winning. Cubs are well on their way though.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2015, 02:11:40 PM »
Cubbies

I can't stand the Cards for that reason... They could all have broken legs and still end up winning. Cubs are well on their way though.

Cubs are on their way. Maddon has done a good job shaping them up.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2015, 07:45:28 PM »
Cubbies

I think they've gone beyond expectations this year. I think they'll get through the wildcard but not past the Cards.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2015, 02:54:47 PM »
Cubbies

I think they've gone beyond expectations this year. I think they'll get through the wildcard but not past the Cards.

You would think but they play the games for a reason. I still think the Cards were abetter team than the Giants last year....if not for one Maddison Baumgartner, may he fall down a set of stairs.....

Offline dparrott

« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2015, 11:07:05 PM »
Dodgers finally win the west.  Now off to October to crash and burn again.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2015, 08:30:40 AM »
Brewers were out of it in April.....what a long summer it has been.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2015, 11:00:29 AM »

The law of averages would say they are 'due'.....but then again that law never takes in account THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS!!!!!!   :metal  :lol

Offline dparrott

« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2015, 10:50:17 PM »

The law of averages would say they are 'due'.....but then again that law never takes in account THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS!!!!!!   :metal  :lol

Don't  :censored remind me.  They'll be lucky to just get past the Mets.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2015, 08:17:05 AM »

Don't  :censored remind me.  They'll be lucky to just get past the Mets.

Well..the Cardinals have their work cut out for them as well because either the Pirates or the Cubs are going to be a handful. Both those team are HUNGRY big time. Not that the Cards aren't but it's going to be tough fought series.....especially a (5) game instead of (7).

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2015, 05:37:54 PM »
The regular season is officially over. As a Braves fan, it was a horrible season to watch (albeit one I came in fully knowing how horrible it would be), but at least it ended with a double header sweep of the Cards where Shelby Miller won his first game since May 25!

Offline T-ski

« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2015, 03:00:04 PM »
The regular season is officially over. As a Braves fan, it was a horrible season to watch (albeit one I came in fully knowing how horrible it would be), but at least it ended with a double header sweep of the Cards where Shelby Miller won his first game since May 25!

the Braves offense must have been horrifically bad being that Miller's era was at 3.02 for the season.