Author Topic: MLB 2015  (Read 32746 times)

Offline dparrott

MLB 2015
« on: March 04, 2015, 01:51:55 PM »
Spring training is on!!!  :metal  ;D
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: MLB 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 01:56:49 PM »
So ready for baseball.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 08:11:04 PM »
YesssssssssssssssSsSSssssSSSSSBOOBSSSSSSSSSSS
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline T-ski

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 08:21:41 PM »
Brewers.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 08:22:20 PM »
Red Shox
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline dparrott

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 11:01:27 PM »
DOYERS

MLB says they want to add a time clock between half innings to help speed up the game.

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 11:03:42 PM »
I can't wait for the season. The Sox have a lot of uncertainty with the pitching, but, my god, do I need some ball.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 06:45:54 AM »
^ Beisbol...he means beisbol.  :biggrin:

If you want to talk about uncertainty, look no further than my beloved Reds. Question marks abound.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 08:39:09 AM »
Locally, a lot of fans are up in arms because the Orioles let Nick Markakis, Nelson Cruz and Andrew Miller walk.  I'm glad that they didn't break the bank for Nick and Nelson. I'm just hoping that Machado and Wieters can stay healthy, and that Chris Davis can somewhat return to form. I think that the Orioles will be contenders again this season, and that's all I can hope for...

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »
Brewers.

.......need to get by the Cardinals.......  ;)
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline dparrott

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 04:07:05 PM »
All NL teams need to go through the Cards it seems.  So annoying.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 04:13:46 PM »
All NL teams need to go through the Cards it seems.  So annoying.

You're telling me. Listen....I like the Cardinals...I do and feel fortunate to have watched Albert Pujols for 10 years and see them have success.....But my wife's side of the family are INSANE cardinals fans and its friggin hard to take sometimes.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 04:26:58 PM »
Brewers.

The NL Central Division could be the most competitive division in baseball this year, but yes, the Cardinals should be the favorite.  The Cubs have a very good young club and the Pirates should be good again. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Brewers finished fourth or fifth.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 08:10:36 PM »
Braves here, gonna be a shitty year.

I'll bet they'll have the worst offense in baseball, y'all can take the field on that one!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 10:09:03 PM »
:GiantsMetal:

That is all.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 12:09:34 PM »

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 12:15:31 PM »
New York Mets fan!

The best young arms in all of baseball!!!! :metal
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 01:31:44 PM »
I'm gonna put some money on the Cubbies!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 01:58:19 PM »
:GiantsMetal:

That is all.

Nah....it's an 'odd' year...... :biggrin:

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 02:00:45 PM »
Brewers.

The NL Central Division could be the most competitive division in baseball this year, but yes, the Cardinals should be the favorite.  The Cubs have a very good young club and the Pirates should be good again. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Brewers finished fourth or fifth.

I don't know if they are favored yet or even should be. There are some major question marks this year for them. Can Wacha pitch a whole season? Holiday is 'old' or at least showing signs of aging....Heyward is a quesion mark......and Wainright is always one pitch away from blowing his elbow out being that he pitches 220+ innings a year. They do have some exciting youngsters....but I think the Central is going to be a dog fight all year and whomever wins it won't run away with it.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 08:30:36 PM »
New York Mets fan!

Right there with ya.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 08:33:02 PM »
New York Mets fan!

Right there with ya.

And again, ths team will tread .500  Hard to explain.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2015, 11:20:08 AM »
Very little bats but after four years or so of sub .500, even .500 would be great.

Offline Counselor of Prog

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2015, 04:51:22 PM »
Cardinals.
"The only closed systems in the universe are hardened hearts and darkened minds." Scott Becker, Valley of the Shadow

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2015, 06:55:32 PM »
New York Mets fan!

Right there with ya.

And again, ths team will tread .500  Hard to explain.
Yup, they'll need those great arms to tread all that water.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 03:57:18 PM »
I think the Mets can contend for 2nd place in the NL East, though I believe the Marlins will ultimately win it (and a WC spot as well).

The Nats, though? Man, what a team they have right now! They'll probably end up trading one, or both, of Zimmerman and Fister but I honestly can't wait to see that team on the field!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2015, 11:50:03 AM »
It's going to be a rough few years for us Yankees fans

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 12:06:41 PM »

As a Yankee fan since childhood, I've lost all interest in the team. Letting A-Rod come back was a shitty move. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 12:54:31 PM »

As a Yankee fan since childhood, I've lost all interest in the team. Letting A-Rod come back was a shitty move.

I don't think he will finish the season....it'll either be another injury due to his body just being old and frail and unable to rely on what was keeping it together or he does so poorly he just quits.....which would likely be camoflauged by an 'injury'...

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2015, 01:26:55 PM »

I don't think he will finish the season....it'll either be another injury due to his body just being old and frail and unable to rely on what was keeping it together or he does so poorly he just quits.....which would likely be camoflauged by an 'injury'...

I hope he doesn't finsh. I hope his career ends as poorly as possible. I know that sounds harsh, but the public apology he made a few weeks back was cringe worthy. He showed zero respect for the game, his teammates, his opponents, his franchise, and most importantly, the fans of baseball.

The game is already struggling. I have yet to see a game at the new stadium. I used to go all the time to the old one, but it just got too expensive (mainly because of insane salaries like A-Rod's). I mean, I could afford it, but the cost to me is not justifiable. Maybe I'm just being cheap, but I'd rather just go to a New Britain Rockcats or a Torrington Twisters game. I could see nine innings, drink a few beers, and eat hotdogs and peanuts for a grand total of about $40. That's what it'd cost to park at a Yankees game.

Offline 425

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 03:44:06 PM »
As a Rays fan, I'm struggling to maintain interest myself. And I think that the Yankees being able to pay "insane salaries" is a good problem to have, since we have to deal every year with losing beloved players who aren't even necessarily asking for exorbitant amounts of money because the team simply cannot afford to keep them. Losing Zobrist this offseason was maybe the worst thing that's ever happened to us as a fanbase, and I say this as a member of the fanbase that endured losing Kazmir, Crawford, Shields, Garza and Price.

Basically we're going into this season trying to win with just a pitching staff and Longoria and pretty much nothing else. With a first year manager (first year at any level). Meanwhile the St. Petersburg city council does its best to lose the team by keeping them locked into the absolute pit of a stadium that is Tropicana Field until the end of time itself.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:50:25 PM by 425 »
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2015, 09:24:56 AM »
I hope he doesn't finsh. I hope his career ends as poorly as possible. I know that sounds harsh, but the public apology he made a few weeks back was cringe worthy. He showed zero respect for the game, his teammates, his opponents, his franchise, and most importantly, the fans of baseball.

Pretty much my sentiments as well. It doesn't take a genius to see that this guy is an ego-centric a$$hole who blatantly cheated. I think he 'deserves' to have his career end in a horrid fashion.

What's a shame about the whole thing is that he was such a talent that he didn't need to cheat to gain the advantage. I just think his ego got in the way and he is now reaping what he sewed....and the ultimate end harvest would be his career just ending badly. It's what he deserves IMO

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2015, 07:19:58 PM »
After reading the ESPN article on A-rod I can't help but feel he's finally come to terms with how much he destroyed his legacy and just let the guy play baseball and fade away. With the amount of question mark on the Yankees I find it surprising how much fans wouldn't want him to do well because they don't really have a lot going for them right now.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2015, 04:35:48 AM »
He served his suspension for the PEDs he supposedly did (never failed a test, still has never admitted in a court of law that he took them). Either way, he did the time. It's time to turn the page, just like everyone of us has for Nelson Cruz, Yasmani Grandal, Bartolo Colon and so on.

Offline took_the_time11

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 02:34:40 PM »
Can we discuss how stacked the Nationals are this year?
I know the Aries Code & I enjoy the right to date.