Author Topic: 2 new James LaBrie Interviews  (Read 4591 times)

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit

Offline genome

Re: 2 new James LaBrie Interviews
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 01:57:45 PM »
Anyone else noticing that in a lot of these interviews the band look like they've either just got out of bed, or out of the shower?  :lol

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 02:14:44 PM »
James does state he's just got out of bed in the first interview.  :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 05:10:16 PM »
The girl is weird in the 2nd vid - she laughs at James' statements and has no reaction at all when James says a joke.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 09:08:09 PM »
The girl is weird in the 2nd vid - she laughs at James' statements and has no reaction at all when James says a joke.

I think it's a cultural difference.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 11:36:59 PM »
Cool to hear that James prefers "an evening with" shows - hopefully they'll do more of those after this tour! :tup

Also, a new JLB solo EP and tour next year? Hell yeah! :metal

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 11:52:38 PM »
a new JLB solo EP and tour next year? Hell yeah! :metal
I'll get excited when it's confirmed not to be anything like the I Will Not Break EP. :lol

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 02:22:43 AM »
a new JLB solo EP and tour next year? Hell yeah! :metal
I'll get excited when it's confirmed not to be anything like the I Will Not Break EP. :lol

My reaction as well!  :lol
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 08:31:59 AM »
In the Shockwave interview, listen how James answers the questions about the state of the band near the end with MP. This is the most honest I've heard any of them speak.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline emtee

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 08:54:31 AM »
Seems like he's happy now that MP's gone. I'm just one guy in a sea of fans but the shows I saw were greatly enhanced by MP
being entertaining and animated vs. focusing on JLB who was quite the opposite. That opinion will not change.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 08:55:25 AM »
In the Shockwave interview, listen how James answers the questions about the state of the band near the end with MP. This is the most honest I've heard any of them speak.

He hit the same note in the other interview where he said DT is much more like a band now and less like "one person and four other guys walking around".

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 09:02:56 AM »

it's about time if you ask me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 09:06:50 AM »

He hit the same note in the other interview where he said DT is much more like a band now and less like "one person and four other guys walking around".

Yeah, I caught that as well.

I said right when MP left that the biggest winner would be James. He obviously has the least history with MP and his confidence with his place in the band has really opened up his directness on the MP situation.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online ozzy554

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 10:25:39 AM »
I have noticed that James seems more animated recently, and looks like he's having a blast.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Invisible

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 10:49:24 AM »
I think it's about the timing, if he said any of those things 3 years before it would have been stirred too much controversy and alienate the fans I think. Now he can speak more openly knowing that the storm has passed, and nothing he said was disrespectul, he actually handled the MP issue very well, saying it like it is but without bashing. He does seem more animated, like he's happy the way the things are now.

By the way, he looks way better with the cap, like 5 or more years younger. On the interview with the british girl he looked like a lion waking up from his nap :lol.

Is it just me, or are the interviewing girls having trouble keeping themselves together when facing the DT guys? :lol Except from an italian woman the other two that I saw either they giggle too much or they are like "ummm ummm...". I liked this girl better though.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 10:53:40 AM »
inb4 "I'd have JLB's babies" posts by male members :lol

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 12:01:09 PM »
Seems like he's happy now that MP's gone. I'm just one guy in a sea of fans but the shows I saw were greatly enhanced by MP
being entertaining and animated vs. focusing on JLB who was quite the opposite. That opinion will not change.

Agreed 100%!!!

James is much more "into it"on stage these days, but very often he still seems quite remote and disconnected, like he´s not enjoying being on stage.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 12:23:09 PM »
It also sounds like they will be touring well into 2015.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 12:26:17 PM »
inb4 "I'd have JLB's babies" posts by male members :lol

I would but an MP ate my baby.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline JiM-Xtreme

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 12:47:17 PM »
It made me very happy how quickly he named TCOT as one of his favourite songs to perform live. Nice to hear that Scarred is up there too.

Offline Enalya

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 01:07:07 PM »
James does state he's just got out of bed in the first interview.  :lol

He talks a hell of a lot just coming out of bed  :lol

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 01:47:20 PM »
Is it just me, or are the interviewing girls having trouble keeping themselves together when facing the DT guys? :lol Except from an italian woman the other two that I saw either they giggle too much or they are like "ummm ummm...". I liked this girl better though.
Well, chances are that whomever in the zine gets to interview DT is a big fan and they don't seem *too* experienced (apologies if I'm mistaken), so it's no wonder really :) they did the job pretty well.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline chaotic_ripper

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 06:17:01 PM »
I hate to be the guy that says this, however. In the second interview, when James is talking about  continuing the evening with shows..and certain future plans unfolding.  I smell concept album.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 06:26:04 PM »
I would be extremely shocked if they ever did another concept album. They've done exactly one, and the concept was by far the weakest part of that album.

But I could be wrong.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 06:29:58 PM »
I would be extremely shocked if they ever did another concept album. They've done exactly one, and the concept was by far the weakest part of that album.

Well it depends on how you look at it. Lyrically yeah, the concept is nothing special, but musically I think the concept gives it that great cohesion that makes it so much greater than the sum of its parts.

But how the heck do you get "concept album" from that info? Only prog fans. :lolpalm:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 06:31:27 PM »
Yeah, the musical aspect of the concept definitely strengthens it, I was referring solely to the actual storyline.

And yes, prog fans always want concept albums. :lol

Offline Nearmyth

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 06:33:02 PM »
I bet they're so friggen tired of answering questions about the title of the album :lol Also didn't know that The Count of Tuscany was one of James's favorite songs!

Also, it would actually make sense if they did a concept album next. I can't really imagine what kind of album they would make as a follow up to DT12, and now that they're all settled in and really on the ground running with Mangini, why not go big?

I think I remember one of them talking about how they hadn't done a concept album "in a while" just as an indirect statement. That is purely speculation though. I'm just saying I wouldn't be too surprised.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 06:42:16 PM by Nearmyth »
"Now I'm not one to soon forget
And I bet I never will...

WAAHH WAAHH DIGA DIGA WAAHH WAAHH"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 07:08:33 PM »
It was quite recently - JLB was asked if they'd ever do a concept album again and he answered " hopefully one day ".

So who knows...?

If ADTOE was Images and DT12 was the new Awake - then they might skip FII altogether and go straight to their Scenes :neverusethis:

Offline chaotic_ripper

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 07:18:19 PM »

But how the heck do you get "concept album" from that info? Only prog fans. :lolpalm:

When he said plans for the future with "evening with" shows, I thought about doing a concept album, and playing it, in it's entirety for one of the sets.  Is that so far fetched?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2014, 07:21:36 PM »

When he said plans for the future with "evening with" shows, I thought about doing a concept album, and playing it, in it's entirety for one of the sets.  Is that so far fetched?

Tbh, it is to me. :dunno:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline chaotic_ripper

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 07:22:45 PM »

Fair enough.
Tbh, it is to me. :dunno:

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 10:14:33 PM »
They took the exact opposite approach from a concept album  with DT12 - shorter songs with more hooks. DT12 is DT's Permanent Waves. I don't think the interview hints at a concept album ay all. But I'd welcome one if they decided to go for it.

Offline MirzekDT

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 02:32:34 AM »
Well, we all know MP wanted DT11 to be a concept album, after 5 year break. And he was planning to return to evening with and play entire album as first set and entire 12 Step Suite as the second set live.

So I would not be surprised at all if DT would return to this idea of concept album very soon, for DT13 or DT14 I guess.

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2014, 02:52:51 AM »

If ADTOE was Images and DT12 was the new Awake - then they might skip FII altogether and go straight to their Scenes :neverusethis:

Sorry, we'd have to get another FII first. :justjen BUT! Maybe then it'd be time for another concept album.. :P

Offline Invisible

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2014, 04:00:25 AM »
It was quite recently - JLB was asked if they'd ever do a concept album again and he answered " hopefully one day ".

So who knows...?

Noooo! I'd really like them to tackle another FII again(as long as their role models are Lines in the Sand and Trial Of Tears, not You Not Me :lol), before the concept. I think the concept was the weakest part of Scenes anyway :dunno:.