Author Topic: To DVD or not to DVD??  (Read 5195 times)

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
Re: To DVD or not to DVD??
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2013, 12:34:49 PM »
I think it is important to note that the quality of Ytse Jam releases are probably better than the last official DVD we got - Chaos in Motion.  Sometimes I think the fan club DVD is better than that too.  Not trying to start anything, I'm just sayin . . .
I haven't watched any of them, so it was just guessing on my part and I know it's not hard to beat CIM in terms of quality :D

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2013, 10:53:54 PM »
I don't generally count Ytse Jam releases, because they're not widely distributed to be as readily available to all DT fans (I don't count selling online), a lot of them weren't recorded by DT crew, and thus don't have the video and audio quality I want from an official release.

It's great to have them, and I'd like more to be released, but I think of many of them more like great soundboard bootlegs rather than a full fledged live DVD I can put on and get pumped like I do with Budokan or Score.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2013, 10:59:08 PM »
I think we find Ytse Jam releases so awesome because we're hardcore DT fans, and it's very cool having a recording (bootleg-like or official-like) of every DT tour there has been; but I totally get Blob with wanting Budokan-ish or Score-ish quality in every DT DVD I watch, it's weird watching Budokan's beautiful art direction and listening the awesome mix and then putting Chaos in Motion and watch everything crumble into pieces with James LaBrie's weird vocal effect, courtesy of a 90s free vocal plug-in.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing