Author Topic: Your concerts for 2013  (Read 18450 times)

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
Re: Your concerts for 2013
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2013, 03:20:04 PM »
Gonna see two really big bands this year.

1. Rush in Amsterdam, beginning of June.

2. Iron Maiden, in Friends Arena, Stockholm.

Offline philmcson

« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2013, 05:31:11 PM »
Riverside is in Zagreb on June 5th :)
Are they good live? I have to choose between them and Slayer that month.

No one beats Slayer..... I've already seen them twice and can't get enough, even though they'll most likely be touring with John Dette. Doesn't matter! I already have a ticket to Tvornica  :metal

I saw them a month-or-so ago at Soundwave and they were absolutely terrific. I'm not even a Slayer listener, but I can safely say that they were one of the biggest highlights of the festival that day. I would definitely recommend seeing them in their current form, based upon the performance I saw.

There you go. Slayer doesn't let you down at their gigs..... I remember being at my first Slayer concert. Stuck in the mosh pit for almost the whole duration of the concert and went home soaking wet......

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2013, 02:33:49 AM »

No one beats Slayer..... I've already seen them twice and can't get enough, even though they'll most likely be touring with John Dette. Doesn't matter! I already have a ticket to Tvornica  :metal

I saw them a month-or-so ago at Soundwave and they were absolutely terrific. I'm not even a Slayer listener, but I can safely say that they were one of the biggest highlights of the festival that day. I would definitely recommend seeing them in their current form, based upon the performance I saw.

There you go. Slayer doesn't let you down at their gigs..... I remember being at my first Slayer concert. Stuck in the mosh pit for almost the whole duration of the concert and went home soaking wet......
So you could say you were caught in a mosh? :neverusethis:

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2013, 02:34:44 AM »
:icy:

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2013, 04:05:43 AM »

Anthrax is opening for Iron Maiden in Zagreb this year ;D
I was on Slayer's show last year and they were fantastic, maybe I will go again despite Dette is behind the drums. And show is during holidays so I don't have to worry about school.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline philmcson

« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2013, 04:42:03 AM »

Y(e)AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2013, 11:46:46 PM »
So far the only show I can remember im going to see is the Opeth and Steven Wilson show 4/28  :metal

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2013, 02:41:04 AM »
Just got to say the Marillion weekender in Wolverhampton was one of the best experiences of my life. That is all.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2013, 01:35:07 PM »
Just got to say the Marillion weekender in Wolverhampton was one of the best experiences of my life. That is all.

Jealous. Though the whole "we gotta record/master/etc a new live dvd in under 13 hours" is insane, they did it.. but how poor did it turn out?

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2013, 02:10:47 PM »
Gonna get my tickets for Riverside tomorrow. Woot!

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2013, 10:13:32 PM »
I've been to a few this year.

Devin Townsend and Gojira
In Flames
Yes

Going to see:

Opeth and Katatonia
Alice in Chains
Alice Cooper and Marylin Manson

Probably:

Frank Turner
Black Sabbath
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:22:19 PM by 73109 »

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2013, 11:07:28 PM »
When the fuck did you come back? Oh, and welcome back :heart
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2013, 11:11:39 PM »
4-16-13 Steven Wilson - St. Petersburg

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2013, 11:44:34 AM »

:heart

And a few days ago.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2013, 02:29:24 PM »

:heart

And a few days ago.

he never left
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2013, 04:54:38 PM »
Opeth and Katatonia in just one week from today... can't wait  :metal  :metal  :metal

Saw the setlists as well for the tour, it's going to be epic to say the least  :tup

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2013, 05:24:22 PM »
Maiden and Megadeth coming to my home city in September!  :metal Definitely cannot miss that.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2013, 10:33:57 PM »
Just got back from Fauxchella (an indie rock festival featuring bands from CT, NY, and MA), and it was a great time. I had my face melted multiple times. Great Caesar, Ports of Spain, The Guru, and Bear Hands absolutely slayed. Well worth the $20 I spent.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2013, 01:35:34 AM »

Jealous. Though the whole "we gotta record/master/etc a new live dvd in under 13 hours" is insane, they did it.. but how poor did it turn out?

Actually, it's pretty good - the picture and sound quality is excellent, and while there's the occasional bit of sloppy camerawork, it doesn't distract. I'm looking forward to the Saturday (Port Zeland) and Sunday (Montreal) night DVDs - the extra time to mix and master them should make them awesome!
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2013, 02:21:27 AM »
As of this moment my confirmed concerts are:

Iron Maiden
Bon Jovi
Sweden Rock Festival

Should be a good start!  :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2013, 10:37:54 AM »
Concerts seen:

Overkill
Coheed and Cambria
Ghost
Tesla
Caspian

Concerts to come:

Mayhem Festival
Uproar Festival ( on my birthday)
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2013, 06:37:36 PM »
seen some already, but still to come are:
Death to all-4/25
Neal Morse/flower kings-5/5 (anyone else going?)
Ghost-5/12
Clutch/the sword-5/17
Baroness (maybe?)-5/24
The Rolling Stones-6/18

hopefully:
mayhem fest
intronaut/scale the summit
Robert plant
black sabbath
DT if touring..
\m/

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2013, 06:45:12 PM »
Steven Wilson: 4/26
RoSfest (Bolus, The Flower Kings, Jolly, Pain of Salvation, Believe, Riverside, DTES, MoeTar, Electric Asturias, Shadow Gallery): 5/3 - 5/5
Rush: 5/9
Project/Object: 5/11

Looks like that will be all for a while. Pretty much out of money!

Offline philmcson

« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2013, 12:40:47 PM »
Expected to go to the Cult of Luna concert on Saturday, but it has been cancelled. So I'll visit my parents in Dalmatia (not working this weekend) and on Monday, there's Meshuggah in town. Supported by Decapitated  :metal

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2013, 04:47:15 PM »
So I just read about this:

Ill Repute, Dr. Know, Aggression and Stalag 13 are all legendary local punk bands from the height of the scene (80s) here where I live. I've seen Ill Repute once (one of the best shows I have ever been to!) and a partial Dr. Know lineup play a set... a lot of these bands are pretty much defunct and play a show or two once in a while... to get them all on the same bill? :caffeine:

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2013, 05:02:28 PM »
I've got to add

Joe Satriani w/ special guest Steve Morse
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline philmcson

« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2013, 11:17:47 AM »
Been to the Meshuggah/Decapitated concert a few days ago. Well....... Meshuggah is an ok band when I pick a few songs and run through them on Winamp before switching to other artists, but live? After the third/fourth song I had the feeling that I've heard all the guys had to offer. The instrumentalists' skills are really high but I'm not really a huuuuuge fan of songs played without any tempo changes so from time to time, I would yawn during their set. Decapitated was much better although they had a much worse PA system.
Luckily I didn't have to pay for the show......

Next stop: Riverside!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2013, 11:22:46 AM »
Saw Rammstein on Sunday and they kicked some ass. Saw Mark Knopfler two days later, it was a really nice concert, but the arena was still hot after Rammstein.  ;D

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2013, 06:56:54 AM »
Saturday Night ...Metal Militia Benefit show for the Victims of Hurricane Sandy

All I can say is holy shit......

Order

Lords of Mercy ....local band, AC/DC Buckcherry kind of vibe...not really my thing but the sounded good live

The Rods......Anyone who loves hard rock/blues based metal needs to check them out ( they have been around since the 80's ...once saw Metallica open...that's right open for these guys)...great set about 45 minutes Carl Canedy is a monster live..this band is so tight the albums really don't capture the energy they bring live

Raven..........Haven't seen them in probably 20 years .....Totally forgot about Mark's vocal range ...dude still hits some incredible screams...Totally energenic from start to finish...there set was cut short , guess it was due to too much time spent trying to get sing alongs and the unusually long times between sets  ( Eddie Trunk was hosting the how and spoke between each band...reminding people it was a benefit...all proceeds so to the victims...buy your shirts...buy your raffles..blah.. blah )

Place held 2100 people and the show was listed as sold out....crowd really started filling in now as the next band up was

Twisted "fuckin" Sister

I have seen these guys well in excess of 100 times and 35 years later they are still incredible ...shame is people only associated them with the MTV bubble gum era ( I wanna Rock/We're not gonna take it) but they tore the roof of the building, the energy of Dee and the boys was incredible, they knew they were on a time constraint so they ran through their songs with little banter from Dee between the song .  PS.. they have one of my favorite opening songs of all time in "What you don't know"...if your unfamiliar with the song or the lyrics...please check it out..   Snake Sabo..from Skid Row joined them on stage for " Under the Blade"

Anvil

Another band I haven't seen since the wild and rebellous years ....Tight as hell, Lips always looks like he is having a great time and Robb Reiner is a monster on the drums ....they introduced a new bass player and once or twice he seemed to get lost for a bar or two....pretty much stuck to their early discography but introduced 2 songs from the New album Hope in Hell....towards the end of their set people started heading for the doors as it was now 1 am ..this show had started at 7 and I guess all the fogies ( myself included just can't handle standing for 6 hours) ...

TT QUICK a local band who had some regional success re-united  (Mark now sings for Accept) played later in the night...I was long gone by the time they came on but from some reviews for a band that hasn't played together since 2009 they were extremely good

Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2013, 07:20:02 AM »
Cool gig Bill.

I got a nice looking week coming up in July...

6th - Rush
7th - Avantasia
12th - Harem Scarem/WarMachine/Heaven's Fire
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2013, 07:31:39 AM »
So far the only one will be Steven Wilson next Saturday.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2013, 09:09:14 AM »
First note to my gig calendar I can be 100% sure about: Paradise Lost on September 11 :metal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2013, 10:55:50 AM »
I'd like to add Dada for Nov 3th at this cool farmhouse about 20 minutes from my house.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2013, 10:58:06 AM »
Amaranthe in NYC in July

Should be interesting to see the turnout for them headlining.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2013, 12:22:41 PM »
My upcoming for sure shows...

Scorpion Child next month
Kamelot/Delain in Sept.
Anathema/Alcest in Oct.