Author Topic: Your concerts for 2013  (Read 18451 times)

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
Re: Your concerts for 2013
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2013, 07:20:13 AM »
Mladen, are you gonna go see Riverside, or Anathema in April?
Don't forget to request Lovelorn Rhapsody at the Anathema gig! :neverusethis:

Offline Mladen

« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2013, 08:40:44 AM »
Yeah, we're bound to meet at one of them... and take a very weirdly angled pictured for le DTF because I am shorter than John Myung and you are taller than Kevin Moore ;D
We have to do this and laugh our asses off.  :lol

Offline philmcson

« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2013, 06:15:00 PM »
Yeah, we're bound to meet at one of them... and take a very weirdly angled pictured for le DTF because I am shorter than John Myung and you are taller than Kevin Moore ;D

Make it look like Milena is taller  :biggrin:

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2013, 03:00:20 AM »

Make it look like Milena is taller  :biggrin:
I don't think that's physically possible, unless someone grabs me and lifts me up really high :lol

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2013, 04:41:38 AM »
Riverside is in Zagreb on June 5th :)
Are they good live? I have to choose between them and Slayer that month.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2013, 04:58:41 AM »
Right now, my upcoming concerts during the year are:

*Agalloch (+ Fen) - May 11
*Way Out West Festival (Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Neil Young, Beach House and more bands) - August 8-10
*Roger Waters (performing The Wall) - August 17
*Sigur Rós - November 27

Offline philmcson

« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2013, 04:59:56 AM »

No one beats Slayer..... I've already seen them twice and can't get enough, even though they'll most likely be touring with John Dette. Doesn't matter! I already have a ticket to Tvornica  :metal

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2013, 05:04:10 AM »
Iron Maiden and Bon Jovi so far.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2013, 05:43:35 AM »

No one beats Slayer..... I've already seen them twice and can't get enough, even though they'll most likely be touring with John Dette. Doesn't matter! I already have a ticket to Tvornica  :metal
I was at their show last year, too and it was great but I'm not going if Lombardo os not behind the drums.
I will attend Satriani's and Maiden's show (can't wait).

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2013, 05:53:01 AM »

I was at their show last year, too and it was great but I'm not going if Lombardo os not behind the drums.
Well, if you decide to miss on Lombardoless Slayer, Riverside makes awesome atmorphere :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJtb9qS5cos

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2013, 06:07:14 AM »
Riverside was one of my favorite bands but I stopped listening to them for few month (for unknown reason) and really like their new album(listened to it entirely just twice) so I will probaby attend their show (if Lombardo don't come back).

Offline philmcson

« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2013, 10:59:31 AM »

Well, if you decide to miss on Lombardoless Slayer, Riverside makes awesome atmorphere :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJtb9qS5cos

Hm, and I might hop on the Satriani train, especially as I'd like to see Minnemann once again  :azn: Finally great concerts in my village  :biggrin: I especially like the Meshuggah gig which is going to be on 29th April as they're touring with Decapitated and Animals as leaders, it'll be an interesting evening!  :metal

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2013, 11:01:29 AM »
Whenever I read this thread I curse my birthplace...  :(
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline philmcson

« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2013, 11:04:05 AM »
Che cosa vuoi, sei nato all'Italia!!!!?  :biggrin:

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2013, 11:10:42 AM »

Oh, this creeped me out, despite the little mistake at the end.  :lol

The problem is not Italy (well, it is too, but that's not the point of this particular cursing). The problem is, as you know, that living in the big island in the middle of the sea, it is always very expensive and never straightforward to attend gigs in the continent (the way we call the rest of Italy). Matter of fact, I have only managed to do it once, after several months of careful thinking and organization.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2013, 11:24:13 AM »
Once you move you'll be in a far better position than us folks from the Balkans, as tours swing by Italy more often than Croatia or Serbia, so :laugh:

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2013, 11:35:59 AM »
DT is in Italy few times a year but they obviosly don't like us.They were in Croatia just once, in 2007 (on my birthday - it's a sign) and I didn't listening to them. But if they don't come this year I'll catch them on European tour in neighbour countries.

Offline philmcson

« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2013, 03:29:47 PM »

Oh, this creeped me out, despite the little mistake at the end.  :lol

The problem is not Italy (well, it is too, but that's not the point of this particular cursing). The problem is, as you know, that living in the big island in the middle of the sea, it is always very expensive and never straightforward to attend gigs in the continent (the way we call the rest of Italy). Matter of fact, I have only managed to do it once, after several months of careful thinking and organization.

Damn. Well, I had Italian at school (liceo) but obviously I've forgotten something over the years  :lol
Yes, I got you. Well, if you have any plan of moving to Rome or Milano it'll be just as Milena said, you'll be better off than most of us folks, although I'm sure you have your particular reasons for staying on the island....  :sad:

Offline philmcson

« Reply #158 on: March 29, 2013, 03:31:24 PM »
DT is in Italy few times a year but they obviosly don't like us.They were in Croatia just once, in 2007 (on my birthday - it's a sign) and I didn't listening to them. But if they don't come this year I'll catch them on European tour in neighbour countries.

This has been so far (and will be) a great concert year for Croatia, except that Burning Sea Festival has been cancelled (in its prior form). It could well happen..... DT announcing a gig in Croatia...... we'll see  ;)

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #159 on: March 29, 2013, 07:29:29 PM »
Looks like Fates Warning is coming through on tour later this year.  So that makes two shows (including the Pain of Salvation show).

Someone from work asked if I'd be interested in seeing Fear Factory when they come through; still thinking about that one.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2013, 10:52:54 AM »
Going watching the stranglers tonight  ;D

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #161 on: April 03, 2013, 07:38:04 AM »
Flashback to the 80's!!

Seeing The Fixx tonight in a 300 seat venue made in an old barn with great acoustics.  You can bring your own booze for $3.  Win win!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #162 on: April 03, 2013, 02:19:15 PM »
Night of the Prog in Loreley, Germany in July - Steven Wilson and Opeth are headlining  :hefdaddy

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2013, 02:57:36 PM »
Night of the Prog in Loreley, Germany in July - Steven Wilson and Opeth are headlining  :hefdaddy

So Jelly
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2013, 03:59:00 AM »

This has been so far (and will be) a great concert year for Croatia, except that Burning Sea Festival has been cancelled (in its prior form). It could well happen..... DT announcing a gig in Croatia...... we'll see  ;)
I'm two weeks late but I'll ask anyway: Is known will there be small festival in Zadar instead of cancelled Burning Sea like it was with Rokaj Fest last year (Gojira, Mastodon, Slayer - it was great :D )

EDIT: https://www.underwallfestival.com/
OMG. Destruction, "not yet confrimed headliner" and bunch of Croatian metal bands only for about 15 Euros :O
"Tuesday, April 9th, where the second headliner will be confirmed soon, as a totally unexpected surprise for all the Croatian fans." Well, they are late but we're waiting ;)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:11:56 AM by Tomislav95 »

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2013, 05:28:27 AM »
There are two quite awesome Serbian bands in there :)

In the meantime, some unexpected announcements, and this year I'll be seeing Anathema, Riverside, Leprous, Orphaned Land and Children Of Bodom :hat

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2013, 06:47:57 AM »
In the meantime, some unexpected announcements, and this year I'll be seeing Anathema, Riverside, Leprous, Orphaned Land and Children Of Bodom :hat
Congrats, soon your list of gigs you've been to will pretty much be as long as mine! :)

Anyway, still nothing (confirmed) for me this year yet :(

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2013, 06:48:34 AM »
Got tickets to the RAH Steven Wilson gig.

And also one in Bristol in the preceding week.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2013, 06:52:04 AM »
Got tickets to the RAH Steven Wilson gig.
"RAH Steven Wilson" is now canon :lol

Congrats, soon your list of gigs you've been to will pretty much be as long as mine! :)

Anyway, still nothing (confirmed) for me this year yet :(
I know, I'm really surprised by this turn of events, you could say it was dramatic :lol
Don't worry, announcements will come suddenly and unexpectedly.

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: April 13, 2013, 06:56:30 AM »
I know, I'm really surprised by this turn of events, you could say it was dramatic :lol
:lhk:

Amorphis usually play at least one gig per year here, so I'm expecting to see them again, but I bet there won't be anything else for me... :sadpanda: Well, seeing DT next year should make up for that ;D

BTW, I read an interview with Santeri and he said Amorphis will play in Eastern Europe on the upcoming tour ;) Haven't they played in Serbia once before?

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2013, 07:01:47 AM »
:lhk:

Amorphis usually play at least one gig per year here, so I'm expecting to see them again, but I bet there won't be anything else for me... :sadpanda: Well, seeing DT next year should make up for that ;D

BTW, I read an interview with Santeri and he said Amorphis will play in Eastern Europe on the upcoming tour ;) Haven't they played in Serbia once before?
Don't be a pessimist (I know, slim chance, right? :D) :-*
Yeah, they have in 2008, but I wasn't aware of them back then and I wouldn't have had anyone to go with anyway. I hope they'll come back though. I have to see them, and Kamelot, and Dream Theater... :-X

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: April 13, 2013, 07:10:35 AM »
Don't be a pessimist (I know, slim chance, right? :D) :-*
Don't expect too much from me :-*

Here's the interview: https://rock-the-bow.ch/amorphis-santeri-kallio-im-interview-englisch/
First we do festivals in the summer 2013, then we try to go to South-America. We are also planning Australia and Japan trip in autumn and got some offers for a tour in Russia. In November we´ll do the first European leg and then make as many shows as possible in Finland. So maybe closer to 100 shows before any breaks. If we can we try also get to the US, maybe next spring and tour in east-europe.
"as many shows as possible in Finland" sounds promising! :caffeine:

EDIT: Tomi K also talks about a second European leg here
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 07:27:11 AM by ? »

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2013, 07:16:04 AM »
I went to the RAH Porcupine Tree gig back in 2010, so RAH EVERYRAH.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline philmcson

« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2013, 12:15:48 PM »

I'm two weeks late but I'll ask anyway: Is known will there be small festival in Zadar instead of cancelled Burning Sea like it was with Rokaj Fest last year (Gojira, Mastodon, Slayer - it was great :D )

EDIT: https://www.underwallfestival.com/
OMG. Destruction, "not yet confrimed headliner" and bunch of Croatian metal bands only for about 15 Euros :O
"Tuesday, April 9th, where the second headliner will be confirmed soon, as a totally unexpected surprise for all the Croatian fans." Well, they are late but we're waiting ;)

Yes, I'm really looking forward to this festival. It's possible to get special band passes and I'll buy mine from Infernal Tenebra! My parents live close to Zadar (when they're not in Germany) so I'll be visiting them and the festival  :metal

Offline Hayden

« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2013, 12:32:42 PM »

I saw them a month-or-so ago at Soundwave and they were absolutely terrific. I'm not even a Slayer listener, but I can safely say that they were one of the biggest highlights of the festival that day. I would definitely recommend seeing them in their current form, based upon the performance I saw.