Author Topic: Anyone going on a DT binge for the new single? If yes post what you'll play.  (Read 3948 times)

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
So who's going on a DT binge in preperation for the new single?

I'm probably going to play BCSL in its entirety and listen to WDADU.
Also a few songs all over their catalog

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:33:09 PM by dethklok09 »

Offline voncorn

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:04:35 AM by voncorn »

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Just the new song.

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
Well I originally meant in preperation for the single, I'll change the op

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
I hope it's really good. I'm so bored with most music

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline ElliottTamer

Hmm, I usually listen to at least one whole DT album per day, so I'm unlikely to start listening to them more than I usually do... Might sound like an exaggeration, but DT is pretty much the only band whose CDs I can listen to without having to jump around a lot, so I have a copy of each album (except WDADU, because I unfortunately fail to like it...) in my car and listen to them (one at a time of course) during the course of the day. Add to that the fact that I usually drive over an hour each day and I hope I don't seem such a fanatic.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
I played Awake at work today (I work at a FYE). Currently running through Images & Words and i'll probably play SFAM after that. :metal
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
No. I don't see why I should.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
I listened to most of BC&SL today (before midnight obviously) but was busy and had to cut it off ten minutes into TSF, oh well. I have my alarm clock set for 10AM to give my self time to wake up (read: drink coffee) and prepare to have temporary x-minute death.

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
I really really regret that I have to play this goddamn concert tonight.... we are starting to set up on the stage sth about 16:30, then the rehearsals about 18:00 (it's 11:00 AM est...).... shit... :-[I want to hear this when it comes out!

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
I played Awake at work today (I work at a FYE). Currently running through Images & Words and i'll probably play SFAM after that. :metal

You're my hero.  If the FYEs in my area played Dream Theater, I'd go there quite a bit more often. 

As for the topic, I've been binging on DT anyway.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!

You're my hero.  If the FYEs in my area played Dream Theater, I'd go there quite a bit more often. 

As for the topic, I've been binging on DT anyway.
I play A LOT of prog in my store. Representing southern Ohio FYE here.  :metal
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Aniland

I really really regret that I have to play this goddamn concert tonight.... we are starting to set up on the stage sth about 16:30, then the rehearsals about 18:00 (it's 11:00 AM est...).... shit... :-[I want to hear this when it comes out!

Don't regret that, man. Always put your own music before other people's.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
I might spontaneously build a playlist leading up to the release of the single, but I am more likely to just watch some TV.

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
I'm listening to BC&SL what is something what I've haven't been doing for a long time without plaiyng bass with it. I'm curious about the beginning of On The Backs Of Angels, is it starts when The Count Of Tuscany has ended...

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
Nah. I'm working today, I'll check the single whenever I get home but I'm not too excited to be honest... although I am somewhat interested to see how it sounds.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
Maybe I would, but I have a lot of things to do for the university today, and I can only listen to piano/relax music while studying...
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline climberboy

I watched the spirit carries on docu again but unfortunately ill be at work at 11 (4pm UK time) so i wont get much chance to listen to much DT :(

Offline Aniland

Actually I'm going to only listen to non-DT, because I don't want to listen to the songs I love and risk being disappointed. NP: Red House Painters - San Geronimo

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Well...I am listening to the DTP all albums in order.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Aniland

Devin Townsend Project? Nice.

Offline tartarus250

• peace love and good happyness stuff
i think i will listen to score first then bc&sl then it will most likely be time for the big event :-) i wonder if there is a vidio to go with it as its on a youtube channel?
The creation and destruction of harmonic and 'statistical' tensions is essential to the maintenance of compositional drama. Any composition (or improvisation) which remains consonant and 'regular' throughout is, for me, equivalent to watching a movie with only 'good guys' in it, or eating cottage cheese.

Kosmo

No, I'll just check out the new song.

Online jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
Currently listening to Uncovered 2003-2005 :)  Probably will go back to The Who after this then binge on the new song  :metal

Offline atmyne

• Dog Face no space
Well...I am listening to the DTP all albums in order.
I think I will join you. :D

Offline Aniland

I wish I could, but I'm holding off to hear it until Ghost 2 comes out so that I can hear both Ghosts for the first time together. Something about listening to 21 new age Devin Townsend tracks out in some wilderness park seems wholly appealing. :)

Offline atmyne

• Dog Face no space
I wish I could, but I'm holding off to hear it until Ghost 2 comes out so that I can hear both Ghosts for the first time together. Something about listening to 21 new age Devin Townsend tracks out in some wilderness park seems wholly appealing. :)
wait.... theres going to be a ghost 2?!?!
****MANGINI****

Offline Aniland

It's already recorded :) It's just a matter of the label letting him release it. Nine tracks... google it. I'd post it here but the album art is NSFW.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
I was gonna play BC&SL in full, but just as I went to play it, the plastic snapped on my headphones, so I had to spend a bit of time putting it back together. So I've just gone for 'random' DT songs. My playlist:

Scarred
Repentance
Metropolis Pt. 1
Forsaken
The Count of Tuscany
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:43:05 AM by RoeDent »

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Was deciding what to listen to today for my car ride to work, and decided that my favorite DT album would get some play since I would be coming home to the new song. Octavarium is such a fantastic record.

Offline Heaven Outcry Angel

• Your majesty
I go on a DT binge every day so..... :xbones
Of course Dream Theater isn't that good. Good music is obviously about 3 minute pop songs and catchy hooks.
Dream Theater aren't that good. Neither was Beethoven, or Mozart, or Bach. Pfft, 20 minute epics. Who needs that?