Author Topic: JOHN PETRUCCI SOLO TOUR - MORE DATES JUST ANNOUNCED  (Read 25255 times)

Offline genome

Re: JOHN PETRUCCI SOLO TOUR - MORE DATES JUST ANNOUNCED
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2022, 04:09:30 AM »
Nothing on setlist.fm... no videos on YouTube... did the show actually happen?

Offline jadiggerdt

« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2022, 04:35:48 AM »
Yeah. Was 1 clip at youtube but has been removed
Have it on my phone

Offline jadiggerdt

« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2022, 04:38:21 AM »
Yeah. Was 1 clip at youtube but has been removed
Have it on my phone

« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 04:46:37 AM by jadiggerdt »

Offline jadiggerdt

Offline genome

« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2022, 05:12:23 AM »
Nice - cool to see JP's amps and cabs out on stage again

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #180 on: October 06, 2022, 05:18:31 AM »
Cool clip, I really wish I could make the SC show.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #181 on: October 06, 2022, 08:35:23 AM »
This is great and all but where are the Meanstreak clips?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #182 on: October 06, 2022, 08:36:04 AM »
I asked a DT Facebook group member who attended the show what the setlist was and he couldn't remember the song order, but gave me a list of what they played from each of his albums. I've listed them here in very small font to avoid spoiling people :tup

From Suspended Animation:
Jaws of Life
Glasgow Kiss
Tunnel Vision
Damage Control

And from Terminal Velocity:
Terminal Velocity
The Oddfather
Happy Song
Gemini
Out of the Blue
Snake in my Boot
Temple of Circadia
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #183 on: October 06, 2022, 08:49:38 AM »
I asked a DT Facebook group member who attended the show what the setlist was and he couldn't remember the song order, but gave me a list of what they played from each of his albums. I've listed them here in very small font to avoid spoiling people :tup

Jaws of Life
Glasgow Kiss
Tunnel Vision
Damage Control

Terminal Velocity
The Oddfather
Happy Song
Gemini
Out of the Blue
Snake in my Boot
Temple of Circadia

No covers, nothing else? JUST JP solo material?  That's not a bad thing, I'm just curious.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #184 on: October 06, 2022, 08:58:28 AM »

Jaws of Life
Glasgow Kiss
Tunnel Vision
Damage Control

Terminal Velocity
The Oddfather
Happy Song
Gemini
Out of the Blue
Snake in my Boot
Temple of Circadia

No covers, nothing else? JUST JP solo material?  That's not a bad thing, I'm just curious.

He said in one of his recent interviews they would only be playing stuff from both of his solo albums. I like it that way, honestly :biggrin:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #185 on: October 06, 2022, 09:01:01 AM »
Probably for the best. Any DT and we’d be right back in the Portnoy is rejoining mess again.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2022, 09:01:51 AM »
Probably for the best. Any DT and we’d be right back in the Portnoy is rejoining mess again.

I didn't expect any DT, but was hoping for something with Meanstreak in the encore.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #187 on: October 06, 2022, 09:06:56 AM »
I saw a snippet where the first three notes of PMU were played, but I think the crowd missed the cue.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #188 on: October 06, 2022, 09:17:58 AM »

I didn't expect any DT, but was hoping for something with Meanstreak in the encore.

That's where I was going. I wasn't expecting DT, and I listened to the interview, but I thought there might be a jam or something unique.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #189 on: October 06, 2022, 09:34:31 AM »

Jaws of Life
Glasgow Kiss
Tunnel Vision
Damage Control

Terminal Velocity
The Oddfather
Happy Song
Gemini
Out of the Blue
Snake in my Boot
Temple of Circadia

Fuck. I need to make a show one way or the other. I have a lot of traveling commitments for work during the next three weeks.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #190 on: October 06, 2022, 10:58:59 AM »

That's where I was going. I wasn't expecting DT, and I listened to the interview, but I thought there might be a jam or something unique.

I wasn't expecting that at all. That to me is something unique to G3 and John did promise Rena that if he ever did a solo tour Meanstreak can open.

I prefer they didn't either becuase that means more time for more JP solo songs. He has enough to fill about 2 hours worth of a live show, the "set-list" playlist I made on Spotify comes to about 1:28:00, and I left out songs from both albums. Guarantee he will play one or all of the songs I left out.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #191 on: October 06, 2022, 02:02:31 PM »
No Raw Dog?  Seems like a missed opportunity.  ::)

Offline emtee

« Reply #192 on: October 06, 2022, 02:13:06 PM »
Still love watching MP play. Such a great performer.

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #193 on: October 06, 2022, 02:18:17 PM »
Any cool merch at the show ?? I’m going to the NYC show… thanks !
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: October 06, 2022, 04:54:52 PM »
Shirts are cool (album cover).  Picks.  Bourbon.  The venue is doing a silent auction of a guitar signed by John, Mike and Dave, and a LNF LP signed by John and Jordan.  It’s the red cover (Budokan?)

Meanstreak has some cool stuff too.  All reasonable prices from what I’ve seen lately. 

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #195 on: October 06, 2022, 05:30:51 PM »
LNF?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: October 06, 2022, 06:20:32 PM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #197 on: October 06, 2022, 06:21:23 PM »
Bill, tour dates, or band names (Portnoy, Larue) on the back of the shirts?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: October 06, 2022, 06:29:53 PM »
Both.  Names up top, including Meanstreak, and dates below.  They’re pretty cool. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline genome

« Reply #200 on: October 07, 2022, 01:16:15 AM »
Great setlist, only disappointing omission for me is Glassy Eyed Zombies, but otherwise great. I'm doubtful, but I really hope they manage to come over to the UK/Europe at some point

Offline evilasiojr

« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2022, 06:05:27 AM »
Let's all hope for that!! If JP can make it to Europe, it means there's a slight chance they come to South America  :corn

Offline Awaken

« Reply #202 on: October 07, 2022, 06:29:07 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EcI0etPCuI

here u go!

MP  :hefdaddy

He makes it look so damn easy.

Watching JP/MP perform together again was worth the price of admission alone.  The setlist was awesome, as was the venue in Ridgefield, CT.  Meanstreak was a pleasant surprise, and Ernie Ball is missing an opportunity if they don't make a RP signature - the 'Her Majesty', perhaps.  My goodness can she play.

Also great to finally meet a board member - great to connect, Bill - looking forward to more shows in the future!

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: October 07, 2022, 06:52:22 AM »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: October 07, 2022, 07:21:14 AM »

here u go!

Watching JP/MP perform together again was worth the price of admission alone.  The setlist was awesome, as was the venue in Ridgefield, CT.  Meanstreak was a pleasant surprise, and Ernie Ball is missing an opportunity if they don't make a RP signature - the 'Her Majesty', perhaps.  My goodness can she play.

Also great to finally meet a board member - great to connect, Bill - looking forward to more shows in the future!

I can confirm all of that as well (sorry, Jeff, my phone died just as the lights came up; but it was fantastic to meet you!).   I liked Meanstreak more than I thought I would, even if it's not what I expected to see.  No judgement here, but there were more women on stage with Meanstreak than there were in the entire audience.  ;)

Loved watching Mike and John together; I'm not really an emotional guy in that way, and I'm not one of those that thinks "they should just bury the hatchet!" - life's too complicated for that fairy tale stuff - but it WAS really special to watch them communicate so effortlessly on stage.  They were clearly having fun, and while it was obvious that Mike was there to support John - it's the first show I've seen with Mike where he wasn't mic'd up and he didn't say one word to the audience that I recall - the synergy was clear, and John was a lot more animated than he seemed when I saw him with Dream Theater a couple months ago.

I wasn't terribly familiar with all the material - I've heard both albums multiple times, but I struggle sometimes identifying instrumental music - but without giving spoilers, there was one song, from Suspended Animation, that literally took my breath away.  I knew these guys were at the top of their profession, but there's something about seeing them perform at that level from 25 feet away that is special.

I caught a pick; well, full disclosure, it hit me right in the glasses, but still.  Cool!

Offline Grizz

« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2022, 07:29:35 AM »
Meanstreak were hanging out in the lobby during JP’s set. I actually got stuck behind them in the bar line.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2022, 07:32:43 AM »
Awesome Bill, now compare that pic to Tim's in his concert thread  :lol Cool pics and sounds like fun.  My gf and I will experience it in less than a week.  Hopefully I will have some quality video to share with everyone.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: October 07, 2022, 08:27:59 AM »
Meanstreak were hanging out in the lobby during JP’s set. I actually got stuck behind them in the bar line.

Haha!  I would have liked to have met the singer.   She was good, and seemed the most - along with Rena - into the show.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #208 on: October 07, 2022, 10:44:13 AM »
Stadler, sounds like a great show!  I'm hoping to be able to make one on this tour if I can.

Offline Kram

« Reply #209 on: October 07, 2022, 12:35:19 PM »

here u go!

I can confirm all of that as well (sorry, Jeff, my phone died just as the lights came up; but it was fantastic to meet you!).   I liked Meanstreak more than I thought I would, even if it's not what I expected to see.  No judgement here, but there were more women on stage with Meanstreak than there were in the entire audience.  ;)

Loved watching Mike and John together; I'm not really an emotional guy in that way, and I'm not one of those that thinks "they should just bury the hatchet!" - life's too complicated for that fairy tale stuff - but it WAS really special to watch them communicate so effortlessly on stage.  They were clearly having fun, and while it was obvious that Mike was there to support John - it's the first show I've seen with Mike where he wasn't mic'd up and he didn't say one word to the audience that I recall - the synergy was clear, and John was a lot more animated than he seemed when I saw him with Dream Theater a couple months ago.

I wasn't terribly familiar with all the material - I've heard both albums multiple times, but I struggle sometimes identifying instrumental music - but without giving spoilers, there was one song, from Suspended Animation, that literally took my breath away.  I knew these guys were at the top of their profession, but there's something about seeing them perform at that level from 25 feet away that is special.

I caught a pick; well, full disclosure, it hit me right in the glasses, but still.  Cool!
Awesome report and photos.  Can't wait to see them out here early next month.  How was attendance?