Author Topic: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN  (Read 65941 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - Kessel/Yandle still available
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2022, 08:53:43 AM »
I can honestly say I'm not worried about the Flames. Kadri and Huberdeau both benefited from lineups they won't have in Calgary. And trading Monahan made them worse yet. 7x7 for Kardi is absurd.

100% agree on everything you've stated here.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2022, 09:42:09 AM »
I don't think Darryl Sutter is fretting working these guys in with his system.  I'm sure he likes a guy like Kadri and what he brings to the table.  I will maintain a stance that it will be one of the Alberta teams winning the division.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2022, 09:32:13 PM »
Well, you can scratch Phil Kessel off the FA board.  He signed with the Golden Knights for $1.5m for a year.  This team has no active goalies on CapFriendly at the moment, btw.  Lehner is going to be out for the year, I think.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2022, 04:11:58 PM »
So.  A few weeks to go before training camp and pre-season starts.  Anyone being nervous about anything? 

For me, I'm not worried much.  The Kings got only one RFA left to sign, Sean Durzi, and that should be taken care of soon.  Other than that, I just hope everyone plays up to what they should be and we should have a fun season to watch with meaningful games to sweat down the stretch.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2022, 05:58:28 PM »
Loved seeing the Blues give Kyrou that extension.  :metal :metal

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2022, 06:21:50 PM »
So.  A few weeks to go before training camp and pre-season starts.  Anyone being nervous about anything? 

I'm worried that while the Red Wings have two goalies that *could* really push them forward, there is also a chance that both really fall flat this year. And if they do that could really stunt a team that is otherwise supposed to take a big step forward.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2022, 10:59:39 PM »
Loved seeing the Blues give Kyrou that extension.  :metal :metal

They're putting some pieces together and really committing to the future for sure. BUT....as far as worries.....I think they'll more or less be the same type of team as last year. Competitive...one of the top teams....and, IF they can hit the playoffs running they're a team that 'could' make a run. But they don't have any real 'scare' factor to them. They're just a blue collar team that'll have to grind the season out.

The 'scary' thing about them is they threw all the eggs in the Binnington basket by letting Husso walk. If Binnington craps the bed for the better part of a season like he did last year.....Husso won't be there to salvage it like he was last year and that back up we signed is a joke. It's sink or swim with #50 this year.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Anguyen92

Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - Yandle still available
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2022, 03:19:51 PM »
For those that's been keeping track of the Evander Kane and San Jose Sharks contract termination dispute, it looks like a resolution is finally in place and this looks like the end penalty.

The Sharks will pay $2.5 million dollars to Kane to basically make him "whole" (the amount is the difference between the last three years of the Sharks contract with Kane valued at $19M and the first three years of the Oilers contract which is $16.5M) and the cap recapture penalty will be applied towards the Sharks' 21-22 Cap Hit, which was significantly below the cap ceiling.  Meaning the Sharks will not get any cap recapture penalty from Kane's contract moving forward.  Must be f'en nice to get a nice punishment like this that won't hurt the Sharks at all.

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1570817732563836931?s=20

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2022, 10:03:42 AM »
Was there some sort of deadline or something because Zdeno Chara, PK Subban, and Lieth Yandle all announced their retirements today.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2022, 10:35:22 AM »
Training camp starts in a few days, so I'm sure at that point, those guys probably saw what's out there when it comes to offers and think, "Nahhhh, I'm good.  It's retirement time."  For Subban, it's interesting how he decided to call it a retirement at 33.  Made a lot of money over his career.  He probably could have signed with another team in a more sheltered role, if he wants to go cup-chasing, but didn't like what's out there perhaps? Probably ends up in a studio analyst role on ESPN or TNT down the line. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2022, 10:45:11 AM »
Training camp starts in a few days, so I'm sure at that point, those guys probably saw what's out there when it comes to offers and think, "Nahhhh, I'm good.  It's retirement time." 

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. 
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2022, 10:50:21 AM »
In other news, Nathan MacKinnon, starting in the 23-24 season, will be the highest paid player in the league in terms of AAV.  $12.6M x 8 years.

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1572259467387088897?cxt=HHwWgsDRhfnp5NErAAAA

I'm sure it is going to be worth it, but if the cap doesn't go up huge like it's projected it will at that time, let's see how the Avs react to the crunch when they get to feel it.  The Kings and Blackhawks didn't react as well to their crunches after giving their 8-figure contracts post-cup win era.

Offline Anguyen92

Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - Z/PK Retire
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2022, 05:26:33 PM »
So Regular Season starts this week and today, the teams had a deadline to fit everything to be cap compliant.

I say the Kings did well on that end.  Got $1.25M to spare and it could grow into a good deadline acquisition if needed.  Got 14F, 7D, and 2G.  They even got Brandt Clarke (who they picked at #8 at the draft in 2021) on the main roster.  He seems like he really wants to make an impression and had done well in rookie tournaments, preseason games, etc. to warrant the spot.  I hope he can be an impact player that warrant him staying on the main roster and not have him go back to the Canadian leagues.

I'm looking at CapFriendly and stuff and the Leafs manage to get below the cap crunch.  Made it with $4.00 to spare after using LTIR. They even had to put Wayne Simmonds on waivers (which I would have loved the Kings to take a look into claiming since even if he's not the same player he was when the Kings traded him in 2011, I still think he would be more effective in that 4th line role over a guy like Brendan Lemieux)

PROJECTED CAP HIT Tooltip : $84,649,996
PROJECTED LTIR USED Tooltip : $2,149,996
PROJECTED CAP SPACE Tooltip : $0

This season's trade deadline will probably be on the boring end with at least 10 teams being over the cap after using LTIR.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2022, 06:12:13 PM »
Did they say why Tampa isn't opening at home? Is it because of the hurricane?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2022, 06:13:23 PM »

Avs won the Cups last year, not TB, so the Lightning opening at home doesn't seem like a must. ;)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2022, 06:16:10 PM »

Avs won the Cups last year, not TB, so the Lightning opening at home doesn't seem like a must. ;)

Dammit.  :facepalm:

That makes sense. :lol

Ok then...why aren't the Avs kicking off the NHL season tonight smarty pants?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2022, 06:17:10 PM »
It does feel like the Lightning won it again last year.  :lol :lol

No clue about the Avs. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2022, 06:21:49 PM »

Yeah, I was like WTF, why are they in New York?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN
« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2022, 06:24:56 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2022, 06:26:38 PM »
You need to go to the FW Thread for real woman gifs instead of the Mousekateer.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2022, 06:28:57 PM »

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2022, 11:02:57 PM »
God.  The Kings had three solid goals from the right guys that needed those goals to start the season and they just muffed it with a poor defensive performance.  They just attempt these freaken stretch passes that never hits their mark and leads to turnovers and Quick has to fend for himself.  Like Durzi had the puck for 20 seconds in the last min. of the 3rd and I thought he was killing for time before taking it out of the zone to play for OT, but nope, he made a terrible long pass, caused a turnover that lead the Golden Knights to the winning goal.  Quick made 47 saves that game and this team couldn't pull through for him against the Golden Knights with that performance. 

It's such a simple leak.  They need to fix that or they are so going to get owned by teams that knows how to make other teams pay for their turnovers.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2022, 07:38:25 PM »
Pasta begins his Walk Year with 4 points (1G 3A) in the season opener.

Ka-ching!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2022, 07:41:18 PM »
^^ Do you feel confident in him re-signing with the Bruins?

Also, this is a 90s crossover I never imagine seeing in 2022.  Mark Hoppus of Blink 182 with Wayne Gretzky.  Hoppus is there for the Avs opening night since the Avs used All The Small Things as a rally song for a good while now.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2022, 07:42:58 PM »
It sounds like Pasta wants to sign here but wants to get paid more than 10 mil a year.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2022, 07:49:32 PM »
I think he'd love to be here but I think he's set on going to Free Agency.

@Joe, did you hear Felger talk about Ty Anderson's report that the Bruins were willing to give him the biggest contract in team history, which means it's north of Charlie's 9.5 AAV.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2022, 07:54:30 PM »
Yes. Charlie makes 10 mil I though so the offered slightly more but he's looking at 13-14 mil a year. They might have to pay him that. Let's be honest,  the stole on the deal for Marchand. Who is making 6 mil.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2022, 07:57:04 PM »
Yes. Charlie makes 10 mil I though so the offered slightly more but he's looking at 13-14 mil a year. They might have to pay him that. Let's be honest,  the stole on the deal for Marchand. Who is making 6 mil.

Same with Pasta's current deal.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2022, 08:44:08 PM »
Blues win their home opener.  :hat :hat

I knew I should have gone, darn it.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2022, 09:28:27 PM »
7 goals by the Kings.  Is this the right team?  On a downer note, they let in 6 against the Wild.  That's not good.  Neither three games they had so far were deemed, defensively played well.  Got to fix those issues down the line when going against better teams.

A W is a W still.  Take that first one how you get them.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 10:03:12 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2022, 09:56:45 PM »
Wings are 2-0-0, get the parade planned out!

Seriously tho, with a ton of new additions, including Lalonde behind the bench so far it seems a lot of key players have taken the steps that they needed to in order to really make this year competitive. Still no realistic shot at a cup, but a good start nonetheless. And Kev, in case you missed it, Husso posted a shutout in the opening game. :D
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #171 on: October 16, 2022, 06:33:10 AM »
Wings are 2-0-0, get the parade planned out!

Seriously tho, with a ton of new additions, including Lalonde behind the bench so far it seems a lot of key players have taken the steps that they needed to in order to really make this year competitive. Still no realistic shot at a cup, but a good start nonetheless. And Kev, in case you missed it, Husso posted a shutout in the opening game. :D

I shall choose to pretend that didn't happen.  :lol :lol :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2022, 07:20:59 PM »
Man, the B's look great.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #173 on: October 17, 2022, 07:24:46 PM »
They look.......fast?

When have you ever been able to say that about a Bruins team? :lol

This game is not over though.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: October 17, 2022, 07:29:03 PM »
No. 4-2 and Panthers on a PP.