Author Topic: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN  (Read 67360 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - Kadri/Niederreiter still available
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2022, 06:24:15 PM »
I thought there was a rumour that Cgy turned down Kyrou, Krug and a 1st for him.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - Kadri/Niederreiter still available
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2022, 06:43:25 PM »
I thought there was a rumour that Cgy turned down Kyrou, Krug and a 1st for him.

Nope. Just a rumor. I’m very close buddies with the Blues beat writer for the Athletic and that combination of a trade was never offered to Calgary…..all rumor.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - Kadri waits for his dance partner
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2022, 09:26:56 AM »
Nino is off the board, 2x4m to the Preds, an excellent signing for them.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2022, 09:56:23 AM »
Nino is off the board, 2x4m to the Preds, an excellent signing for them.

That is a good contract for the team - assuming he can still perform as a top-6 forward.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2022, 12:24:32 PM »
Heard today, and of course not 100% sure of its validity, but the fact that he's still on the market makes it seem credible...

Apparently Klingberg is asking for 7x7m, yikes.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2022, 01:10:36 PM »
Patrik Laine got resigned in Columbus.  4 years at $8.7M per year.  I don't see this team making playoffs, but I do see this team playing spoiler for the most part and can have some fun games.  They do need to trim a lot of fat.  They are over the cap and over the roster limit.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2022, 01:27:09 PM »
Patrik Laine got resigned in Columbus.  4 years at $8.7M per year.  I don't see this team making playoffs, but I do see this team playing spoiler for the most part and can have some fun games.  They do need to trim a lot of fat.  They are over the cap and over the roster limit.

I think that's a decent contract for both him and the team.  Point-a-game last year, and projects out to be almost a 40-goal scorer for 82 games.  But he's still a defensive liability.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2022, 09:20:32 PM »
Tkachui to the panthers , and signs 8x$9.5

To the Flames (rumoured as of this moment)
Huberdeau
Weeger
A prospect
A 1st

At first I thought Florida got fleeced.  Then I saw that both Weeger and Huberdeau are UFAs after this season.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2022, 09:28:22 PM »
Confirmed.  They better hope they don't fall apart this season. Their first round they traded to the Habs in 2023 is unprotected.  Imagine if that becomes Bedard.

https://twitter.com/FlaPanthers/status/1550683370518200320?s=20&t=gUlHvZBRBEXr0cC5KlOc1g

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2022, 09:38:13 PM »

Huberdeau
Weeger
A prospect
A 1st

At first I thought Florida got fleeced.  Then I saw that both Weeger and Huberdeau are UFAs after this season.

Yeah... i was thinking the exact same thing until you clarified the UFA status. Huberdeau for Tkachuk straight up would be reasonable if he were going to be under contract.  Flames are still less dangerous with their rusts today than they were last year.  As of today,  I'd easily take the Oilers to win the division.

I think CBJ could surprise some teams next season.  Gaudreau and Laine give them 2 very good scorers in their top 6. If they can keep the puck out of the net,  they might do damage

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2022, 09:42:44 PM »
Confirmed.  They better hope they don't fall apart this season. Their first round they traded to the Habs in 2023 is unprotected.  Imagine if that becomes Bedard.

https://twitter.com/FlaPanthers/status/1550683370518200320?s=20&t=gUlHvZBRBEXr0cC5KlOc1g

Barring SIGNIFICANT injury issues, there’s no way they fall to a lottery spot.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2022, 09:49:02 PM »

Barring SIGNIFICANT injury issues, there’s no way they fall to a lottery spot.

They better hope not, they sure lit a lot of 1st round picks on fire recently.  They don't have one until 2026 now.  They should be built for deeper runs here on out.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2022, 10:10:54 PM »

Huberdeau
Weeger
A prospect
A 1st

Glad he went to Eastern conference.

All the ‘no trade / no movement’ clauses that the Blues had made it a long shot to land him all along. I know StL was his preferred spot but there was no way to make it happen.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2022, 04:25:56 AM »

Huberdeau
Weeger
A prospect
A 1st

Glad he went to Eastern conference.

All the ‘no trade / no movement’ clauses that the Blues had made it a long shot to land him all along. I know StL was his preferred spot but there was no way to make it happen.

I’m not. The Atlantic no less!

Online Anguyen92

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2022, 12:32:18 PM »
Wheeee, Dustin Brown gets the Jersey retirement ceremony.  Surprisingly, he gets a statue as well?  I mean in a vacuum, it makes sense.  First and only captain to lift the Cup for the Kings.  Played the most amount of games in a Kings' uniform and played only for the team his entire career.  From what I've read, he's a good community leader when it comes to youth hockey in SoCal.  That stated, when you look at the statues in Staples Center (for this post, I will state Staples, not the Crypt House), you got guys like Magic, Shaq, Luc Robitaille, Gretzky, Oscar de la Hoya, and legendary announcers, Bob Miller and Chick Hearn.  Love Dustin Brown and what he brought, but in terms of name value, sadly, he's not up there to those guys.  It's also weird that he gets a statue in Staples before Kobe?  That doesn't seem right regardless of how anyone feels about Kobe.

https://twitter.com/LAKings/status/1551984197601873920?cxt=HHwWgMCisfXZ4IkrAAAA

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2022, 12:35:30 PM »
Hoisted more Cups as a King than Gretzky and Robitaille combined did.  ;D

I agree though. A statue might be a bit much.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2022, 02:47:19 PM »
Here's one of those wacky ideas that I'm sure Kev will get behind.  I'm saying this jokingly, but you know who should get a statue at Staples Center?  Taylor Swift...  If she had a banner at some point for most sold-out shows at the building formerly known as Staples Center, would that mean she should be credible enough to get a statue there?  I really hope AEG does not do that though, but that could be a nice cringe marketing trick they could do in times of marketing emergencies.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2022, 02:54:32 PM »
I'm just loving that the POS Kadri is still sitting out there with little to no interest from anyone  :lol  There are rumors that the Islanders are kicking the tires and maybe even the Flames.....but no matter what it's hilarious that he's still out there given all the effort that was made to paint him as a different player than he was. Glad to see the GM's didn't fall for the smoke and mirrors the playoff coverage broadcasting teams and programs were feverishly pimping.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2022, 02:59:46 PM »
The reporting up here on FA day was that he was taking his time to make the right decision for him.  After about 3 days, that narrative evaporated.  He's gonna get a shit deal (relative to what he thinks he's worth).  I'd be surprised if it tops $25M.  At his age, I don't think anyone wants to go longer than 4-5, and the longer the term, the lower the AAV.  5x5 or 4x6 seems like the range that should be the top end for him.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2022, 03:01:28 PM »
Glad to see the GM's didn't fall for the smoke and mirrors the playoff coverage broadcasting teams and programs were feverishly pimping.

Wow.  For once, there are GMs that's not willing to blindly throw crazy money at a player that would not really pan out for them long-term?  That's really surprising.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2022, 03:02:45 PM »
Glad to see the GM's didn't fall for the smoke and mirrors the playoff coverage broadcasting teams and programs were feverishly pimping.

Wow.  For once, there are GMs that's not willing to blindly throw crazy money at a player that would not really pan out for them long-term?  That's really surprising.

It would seem this is the year GMs have hit the wall on the kind of tricks they believe can pull off with the cap.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2022, 03:14:06 PM »

It would seem this is the year GMs have hit the wall on the kind of tricks they believe can pull off with the cap.

Looks like one of the benefits of that frozen cap from Covid and now the slowed pace of it's annual increase is that GM's are being just a little bit more cautious about 'who' they're committing these dollars to. In Kadri's case.....they 1) Know he's still a dirty ass player and are going to have to deal with that baggage and eventual suspension and 2) Know that his inflated numbers came more from the players he was surrounded by and playing with on a nightly basis and not due to his skill. He's simply not a player who's going to get the money that he (wanted) thought he'd get

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2022, 11:59:05 AM »
Well, John Klingberg is going to sign with the Ducks for a year.  It looks like they are finalizing the details, but the AAV looks to be around $7M.  That will put them above the floor.  I think it's an ok signing for them.  They get a D that they can flip for picks and prospects at the trade deadline if they are not a playoff team.  If he likes it there and they are in a good spot, he may sign another contract with them. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2022, 06:47:15 PM »
Here's one of those wacky ideas that I'm sure Kev will get behind.  I'm saying this jokingly, but you know who should get a statue at Staples Center?  Taylor Swift...  If she had a banner at some point for most sold-out shows at the building formerly known as Staples Center, would that mean she should be credible enough to get a statue there?  I really hope AEG does not do that though, but that could be a nice cringe marketing trick they could do in times of marketing emergencies.

:tup :tup

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2022, 07:54:06 PM »
Well, John Klingberg is going to sign with the Ducks for a year.  It looks like they are finalizing the details, but the AAV looks to be around $7M.  That will put them above the floor.  I think it's an ok signing for them.  They get a D that they can flip for picks and prospects at the trade deadline if they are not a playoff team.  If he likes it there and they are in a good spot, he may sign another contract with them.

Bold prediction - they won't be a playoff team this year.

Or next.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2022, 09:22:04 PM »
Big money coming for Jonathan Huberdeau.  $10.5M AAV for 8 years starting next year.  Flames are trying to make good of a bad situation losing two key star players and this may almost get them out of there.  Huberdeau will be 38 when the contract ends looks rough, but this guy is known to be an assist machine, so it shouldn't too bad in the last years of it.

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1555385101139288065

I await more times of this staredown between Danault and Huberdeau.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2022, 04:55:11 AM »
That’s a massive contract. Should be ok over the long haul for both, as the cap will be going up in a couple of years. Pretty ballsy of both to do that before he’s even laced the skates up once. 

I heard a rumour that Kari may land with the Islanders?

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2022, 08:34:44 AM »
Bergeron and Krejci back with Boston: https://www.nhl.com/news/c-334778202?tid=281072352
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2022, 08:54:48 AM »
Bergeron and Krejci back with Boston: https://www.nhl.com/news/c-334778202?tid=281072352

I saw that last night, and was  :omg: at the Krejci part.  Guess Cassidy was part of the issue there.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2022, 09:58:04 AM »
Well, I think I read that Krejci didn't want to play in the NHL, last year, since he wanted to be with his parents in Czechia and wanted his kids to be there as well when the pandemic was at its near peak.  Now that things looked more settled down, I guess he decided he wanted to go one more shot at a good run with the Bruins when he still can.  We all knew Bergeron was going to sign back there.  Good contracts as well with them performance bonuses where the Bruins can put that extra money in the season, after this season, cap if neeeded.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2022, 10:54:52 AM »
So I've been reading that it does not look like Kadri is not going to the Islanders, like it's been heavily rumored, but to the Flames???  Fudge, I was hoping they'd be a fringe team after the moves that happened, but now they look good enough to win the Pacific again.  Going to be like 5 teams trying to duke it out for spots in that division.  Not going to be comfortable.

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1560303210149052417?cxt=HHwWgoCw7Zbgp6crAAAA

Edit: For the Flames to make space, they had to trade Sean Monahan and a 1st round pick in 2025 to the Habs.  The conditions are quite wordy to make it work so that the Flames and the Panthers don't get screwed out of a potential top 10 pick in 2025.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/632049
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 05:05:05 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - Kessel/Yandle still available
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2022, 07:48:35 AM »
Flames better win a cup in the next 3-4 years, because the back ends of the Kadri and Huberdeau contracts are going to create some rough years.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2022, 08:28:51 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how Kadri performs without being surrounded by the cast that he's been surrounded by the past couple seasons. I personally think the Flames just massively overpaid an average at best player. But at least the one guarantee is that he will have a few suspensions while under contract.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2022, 08:47:58 AM »
I can honestly say I'm not worried about the Flames. Kadri and Huberdeau both benefited from lineups they won't have in Calgary. And trading Monahan made them worse yet. 7x7 for Kardi is absurd.