Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 45743 times)

Offline RaiseTheKnife

Re: DT tour delayed !!!!
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2021, 02:29:55 PM »
Hope the band announces the rescheduled dates before the end of October, otherwise it will be tricky rebooking my hotel in San Diego.

Also, Ticketmaster emailed me that my purchases were refunded, pending funds being returned by the band in 30 days.  Since the band is planning on honoring tickets for a later date, I presume that DT will not reimburse Ticketmaster, and thus the refund notice I received will not take effect.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2021, 02:33:40 PM »
I don't think "the band" has the ticket money.  That isn't usually how it works. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2021, 02:35:17 PM »
Yeah, that's kind of odd, is that the actual wording?

Offline Kram

« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2021, 03:04:40 PM »
I received the same email about the San Diego show.  Here is the exact wording -

Your Event Has Been Canceled
A refund will be on its way to your account soon.

Unfortunately, the Event Organizer has had to cancel your event.

Dream Theater
San Diego Civic Theatre

The good news is that no action is required to obtain a refund. It will be processed to the original method of payment used at time of purchase, once funds are received from the Event Organizer, which is usually completed within 30 days.

Please Note: If the tickets were transferred to you, the refund will go to the fan who originally purchased the tickets from Ticketmaster.
Please see our Purchase Policy for more information.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We look forward to gathering and celebrating the live experience together again.

–Ticketmaster Fan Support

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2021, 03:21:01 PM »
Symphony X are going to start touring next Summer which is more realistic than DT most likely having to postpone it again in February. An all around crap situation.

There's that one NYC show that leaked with SX and Haken in May.

Yea, just saw that. That will be a MUST attend!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2021, 03:49:39 PM »
I received the same email about the San Diego show.  Here is the exact wording -

Your Event Has Been Canceled
A refund will be on its way to your account soon.

Unfortunately, the Event Organizer has had to cancel your event.

Dream Theater
San Diego Civic Theatre

The good news is that no action is required to obtain a refund. It will be processed to the original method of payment used at time of purchase, once funds are received from the Event Organizer, which is usually completed within 30 days.

Please Note: If the tickets were transferred to you, the refund will go to the fan who originally purchased the tickets from Ticketmaster.
Please see our Purchase Policy for more information.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We look forward to gathering and celebrating the live experience together again.

–Ticketmaster Fan Support

Yeah, the "event organizer" is not the band. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2021, 04:14:00 PM »

Yeah, the email makes more sense than mentioning DT returning funds.  But it sucks that it does seem like that concert is actually cancelled not postponed. 

Offline Kram

« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2021, 04:41:34 PM »

Yeah, the email makes more sense than mentioning DT returning funds.  But it sucks that it does seem like that concert is actually cancelled not postponed.
Yes, it's definitely not the band, it's more than likely the promoter, I'm sure.  My question is why are we being refunded at all?  DT's press release stated ALL shows were being rescheduled, and they're asking that everyone hold on to their tickets.  Others have stated they received an email saying to hold on to their tickets.  So this is where I'm confused.  Is the SD show not being rescheduled?  Or maybe they're changing the venue?  I'm sure we'll find out soon enough, but like I said earlier, I have really good tickets that I was hoping I could use for the next show..

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2021, 04:50:47 PM »
The venue in Mesa is not through Ticketmaster. It's through their own website. And apparently no one has notified them as you can still buy tickets.

That explains why I haven't received and email from them.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2021, 04:52:59 PM »
I have tickets for 3 shows.  2 venues, Denver and Houston have given me this email:

The Event Organizer is still trying to reschedule your event; if they do, your tickets will remain good for the rescheduled date.

The third is in Oakland. I have not received any notifications and when I go on the Fox Theater website, Dream Theater doesn't show postponed. Weird.
Judas Priest does.

Hopefully it all works out.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2021, 05:26:17 PM »
I would say give it some time, the tour is not happening as scheduled which we know.  Everything else will be known shortly when they are ready to announce it.  Hopefully they were honest about no shows being cancelled, but if it happens, and it sucks, it's not that shocking as rescheduling a tour rarely means all locations stay the same.  I'd be pissed if Red Bank didn't happen, but there's always that possibility... and I haven't received any notification from ticketmaster.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2021, 07:27:26 PM »
Finally got my email from ticketmaster tonight.

Dream Theater
Boch Center Wang Theatre

Your Event Has Been Postponed
This is just a heads up — your tickets are still valid.

Hi Tim,

The Event Organizer is still trying to reschedule your event; if they do, your tickets will remain good for the rescheduled date.

Hang on to your tickets — we'll email you as soon as the status of your event changes or the new date is announced.

We understand that you might not be able to make it, so we have worked with the Event Organizer to make sure you have options: you can keep your tickets for the event (which remain valid), or you can request a refund. These options will be available until the Event Organizer either cancels or reschedules the event, at which point you will receive a new communication about the status of your order. You can check your Ticketmaster Account at any time for the most updated status for your event.

Once you've selected the option of a refund, it's final and cannot be changed.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2021, 07:46:31 PM »
These emails make the "Event Organizer" sound like some omniscient, omnipotent, entity. He/she will decide what happens to your concert and your ticket, and you will like it!   
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2021, 10:38:01 PM »
Yeah, sorry, shouldn't have said "the band." I was just referring loosely to the email notice and I recalled that someone other than Ticketmaster needs to give the money back to Ticketmaster in order for the refunds to be processed.  So in that sense and in my recollection, event organizer and the band were one in the same, even though that's not technically accurate.  My point of the post was that I hope they announce the revised dates sooner rather than later.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2021, 10:40:37 PM »

Yes, it's definitely not the band, it's more than likely the promoter, I'm sure.  My question is why are we being refunded at all?  DT's press release stated ALL shows were being rescheduled, and they're asking that everyone hold on to their tickets.  Others have stated they received an email saying to hold on to their tickets.  So this is where I'm confused.  Is the SD show not being rescheduled?  Or maybe they're changing the venue?  I'm sure we'll find out soon enough, but like I said earlier, I have really good tickets that I was hoping I could use for the next show..

Good question for sure.  And I agree, I have front row center tickets for SD.  Could be tricky to get that lucky again.

Offline bigmclargehuge

« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2021, 05:57:28 AM »
I do wish that refunds had at least been an option with rescheduled dates. That only seems fair to me I bought the tickets for the date I did because I have nothing planned that day. I have no idea whether I will be able to make the rescheduled date. Oh well, hopefully it works out.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2021, 06:50:29 AM »
I do wish that refunds had at least been an option with rescheduled dates. That only seems fair to me I bought the tickets for the date I did because I have nothing planned that day. I have no idea whether I will be able to make the rescheduled date. Oh well, hopefully it works out.

The email I received from Live Nation said that refunds will be available once the new dates are announced (Or after 60 days if no new dates are announced).

I am counting on that since depending on the new dates, I will go to a different venue (2 hour drive vs. 30 min drive makes a big difference).
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2021, 07:04:31 AM »
I am sure that they are postponing the tour in general, but there may be certain venues for which that's not possible.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bigmclargehuge

« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2021, 07:39:09 AM »

The email I received from Live Nation said that refunds will be available once the new dates are announced (Or after 60 days if no new dates are announced).

I am counting on that since depending on the new dates, I will go to a different venue (2 hour drive vs. 30 min drive makes a big difference).

Yeah it’s weird how the emails wording varies from event to event. Mine specifically says the “event organizer” (whoever that is) is not allowing refunds at this time and to hols on to my tickets.

Offline Kram

« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2021, 11:42:50 AM »
It just seems like everything was rushed (announcing a tour probably prematurely then postponing it the following month).  I understand these are extraordinary times, so I don't fault the band.  It's just an unfortunate situation all around.  I still don't see how Feb will be any better than Oct though.  Around here, at least, case rates are going down now - who knows what it will be like in Feb

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2021, 03:52:33 PM »
It just seems like everything was rushed (announcing a tour probably prematurely then postponing it the following month).  I understand these are extraordinary times, so I don't fault the band.  It's just an unfortunate situation all around.  I still don't see how Feb will be any better than Oct though.  Around here, at least, case rates are going down now - who knows what it will be like in Feb
Maybe they're just hoping more people will buy tickets next year. Down here the sales were horrendous, and I get the impression it was that way elsewhere.

February is shaping up to be rather interesting next year. Seems like that's when everybody's rescheduling.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2021, 03:53:30 PM »
Sales were awful here. I posted a screenshot of the venue's available seats a few weeks ago.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2021, 04:18:54 PM »
The Ticketmaster website does show that some of the shows have been marked cancelled with a red banner. My show is still a go and the ticket sales look pretty good. We'll see.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2021, 09:51:34 AM »
Has anyone received anything about the Los Angeles show yet?  I haven't seen anything.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2021, 02:30:19 PM »
When are the new dates supposed to be announced? This is really ridiculous! >:( :censored

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2021, 02:51:45 PM »
When are the new dates supposed to be announced?

:soon:

Offline Glasser

« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2021, 02:54:26 PM »
Sales were awful here. I posted a screenshot of the venue's available seats a few weeks ago.

The real question is were the sales based on covid fears or lack of Ovaltine consumption? Also, Consider the fact that Temple Balls are fully vaccinated and hung like pack mules.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2021, 02:56:06 PM »

The real question is were the sales based on covid fears or lack of Ovaltine consumption? Also, Consider the fact that Temple Balls are fully vaccinated and hung like pack mules.

Temple Of The Ovaltine!!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2021, 03:00:04 PM »

Temple Of The Ovaltine!!

I'm stealing that response.  :lol :lol :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2021, 07:32:55 PM »
When are the new dates supposed to be announced? This is really ridiculous! >:( :censored

You realize that there is still a pandemic going on, right? ;)

I would stress patience.  This is not easy for anybody, and trying to reschedule these dates and get all of their ducks in a row cannot be easy.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2021, 08:12:32 AM »
Most postponements I've seen have been announced within a couple weeks.  I'd give it another week before I'd start wondering about when the band is going to communicate more to the people who bought tickets.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2021, 09:56:30 AM »

Temple Of The Ovaltine!!
Since the pills are round, shouldn't it be called "Roundtine" ?    🤪
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2021, 09:11:24 PM »
Quote from: KevShmev link=topic=56873.msg2816980#msg2816980 date=1633483975
You realize that there is still a pandemic going on, right? ;)
[/quote

Well, nominally sure. But with various mask/vaccine/neg test mandates (which I am certain could be a pain to navigate for an industry that tours across the nation/globe), pretty much everything appears open for business. It seems like cram goes to a concert every 48 hours. How are so many other events taking place but this tour cannot?

Since the pills are round, shouldn't it be called "Roundtine" ?    🤪

Bravo, sir.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2021, 03:27:31 PM »
Finally got the email from the Mesa Arts Center box office that was just a copy of the statement by the band.

It's postponed, hold on to your tickets, and hit up the venue for a refund.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2021, 06:21:20 AM »
So, are we ever gonna get the new dates?