Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 45594 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...new dates announced
« Reply #455 on: November 18, 2021, 08:30:54 AM »
They did rotate the singles, Paralyzed and Fall Into the Light, last time so it's not a crazy idea to think they'd rotate the singles again. 

Personally I want to see ATC and the title track the most live.  I'm not entire sure I care too much though as long as the album gets good representation live which I see no reason to believe it won't even with a shorter set list.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #456 on: November 18, 2021, 09:01:54 AM »
Five songs seems likely, with Awaken The Master and Transcending Time being the ones left out.
I would be shocked if they left out Awaken The Master, since they released it as a single.
The Alien and Invisible Monster were the only two singles.  Awaken The Master features the 8 string guitar, so It seems likely that they will play it live, plus it's such a great song.   
This album needs to be played in its entirety!   :metal
Not sure how you define "single" these days, but they definitely released a full-length animated video of the song.  That's the only way I can tell anymore.

They did videos for all the songs. They are directly from the DVD that comes with the deluxe set.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #457 on: November 18, 2021, 11:13:11 AM »
Five songs seems likely, with Awaken The Master and Transcending Time being the ones left out.
I would be shocked if they left out Awaken The Master, since they released it as a single.
The Alien and Invisible Monster were the only two singles.  Awaken The Master features the 8 string guitar, so It seems likely that they will play it live, plus it's such a great song.   
This album needs to be played in its entirety!   :metal
Not sure how you define "single" these days, but they definitely released a full-length animated video of the song.  That's the only way I can tell anymore.

They did videos for all the songs. They are directly from the DVD that comes with the deluxe set.
Well fuck.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #458 on: November 18, 2021, 11:31:04 AM »
MM has been teaching classes for The Alien, Invisible Monster, Awaken The Master and the title track, so I'd say those 4 are definitely going to be played from the get go. At first I thought Sleeping Giant would be played too, but I'm not too sure about it now.

Also, in the live Q&A the band did for the album release, James said he'd like them to play Transcending Time "at some point" too, which makes it sound like it's not in the setlist for this tour (so far). I'm not expecting them to play ATC at first either.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #459 on: November 18, 2021, 11:55:43 AM »
MM has been teaching classes for The Alien, Invisible Monster, Awaken The Master and the title track, so I'd say those 4 are definitely going to be played from the get go. At first I thought Sleeping Giant would be played too, but I'm not too sure about it now.

Also, in the live Q&A the band did for the album release, James said he'd like them to play Transcending Time "at some point" too, which makes it sound like it's not in the setlist for this tour (so far). I'm not expecting them to play ATC at first either.

Ahh, that kind of seems like the answer then. 

Offline Kram

« Reply #460 on: November 18, 2021, 12:07:05 PM »

I think you nailed it.  Especially with the shorter set time - I think this is about what we can expect.  It would be great if they could also maybe rotate Sleeping Giant and ATC between shows, like they did with Paralyzed and FITL

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #461 on: November 18, 2021, 12:18:28 PM »
I would really hope to see Answer The Call just because it'll be an amazing energetic song.

I am expecting The Alien, Invisible Monster, and A View...

Being as Mesa is still the first show of the tour. It's going to be extremely fun going in blind, and also being able to claim first for hearing the songs played live.... ;D
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #462 on: November 18, 2021, 01:58:15 PM »
It would make sense for them to play ATM.  It would be a smart business move to showcase the new 8 string.  When JP rocks that thing live,  I'm sure many guitar players are gonna be all fired up about the new 8 string Majesty which will lead to EBMM building a bunch more. 
I read an article recently that the EBMM Majesty is the second highest selling signature guitar in the world just behind the Gibson Les Paul.

Back to the point, I really hope they play ATM.  It's just a really awesome song.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #463 on: November 18, 2021, 02:07:47 PM »
To be honest, I'd be thrilled if they toured the full album like they did The Astonishing.  Sure, I get it, its not a concept album (simmer down ;)), but the delay in the tour dates has given me a chance to really love this album, and I'd welcome it being played in its entirety (even if in rotating A and B sets) with 2 or 3 other songs sprinkled in.  Let's go full frontal view from the top.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #464 on: November 18, 2021, 02:32:27 PM »
To be honest, I'd be thrilled if they toured the full album like they did The Astonishing.  Sure, I get it, its not a concept album (simmer down ;)), but the delay in the tour dates has given me a chance to really love this album, and I'd welcome it being played in its entirety (even if in rotating A and B sets) with 2 or 3 other songs sprinkled in.  Let's go full frontal view from the top.

I don't even rank the album too high in the DT catalog (I do like it, not a knock, just I like their other albums more) and I would be totally cool seeing the entire album live.  Then do like one deep cut like Surrender to Reason and finish off with a couple "classics" and that's a solid set to me. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #465 on: November 18, 2021, 03:29:14 PM »
I wonder if they had the Fall tour shirts printed up with the dates before they ended up postponing the tour.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #466 on: November 18, 2021, 06:00:33 PM »
Will the Charlotte tickets be honored in Raleigh? Different venue obviously, so how does that work? Pardon my ignorance.
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #467 on: November 19, 2021, 07:01:50 AM »
Will the Charlotte tickets be honored in Raleigh? Different venue obviously, so how does that work? Pardon my ignorance.
I would imagine you need to get your tickets for Charlotte refunded, then purchase Raleigh tickets.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #468 on: November 19, 2021, 07:09:29 AM »
I wonder if they had the Fall tour shirts printed up with the dates before they ended up postponing the tour.

I guess it depends how soon they order all tour merch, and how early they know they would cancel. It's possible the order was already in, but they had not receive the merch,  :huh:
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #469 on: November 19, 2021, 07:30:01 AM »
I would imagine you need to get your tickets for Charlotte refunded, then purchase Raleigh tickets.

That's my thought as well. My apologies if I missed it but does anyone have the pre-sale code for Raleigh?

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #470 on: November 19, 2021, 08:40:35 AM »
I don't have it yet.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #471 on: November 19, 2021, 11:43:28 AM »
I had to get refunds for my DT show in Boston.  Conflict with another show that was an anniversary present from my brother and sister in law.  I would rather go to DT. 

This will be only the 2nd DT tour, starting from I&W that I have missed.  The other was the TOT tour.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #472 on: November 19, 2021, 11:45:48 AM »
I had to get refunds for my DT show in Boston.  Conflict with another show that was an anniversary present from my brother and sister in law.  I would rather go to DT. 

This will be only the 2nd DT tour, starting from I&W that I have missed.  The other was the TOT tour.
Come to Raleigh.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #473 on: November 19, 2021, 02:02:22 PM »

There ARE other towns :mehlin

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #474 on: November 20, 2021, 03:19:41 PM »

Yes, but it is not always that easy for adults with jobs and other responsibilities to just drop everything and travel for a concert.  ;)  Trust me, I have missed a few great tours/concerts over the years simply because it didn't come to my town (and traveling to another city just wasn't feasible at the time).

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #475 on: November 20, 2021, 03:24:59 PM »

Yes, but it is not always that easy for adults with jobs and other responsibilities to just drop everything and travel for a concert.  ;)  Trust me, I have missed a few great tours/concerts over the years simply because it didn't come to my town (and traveling to another city just wasn't feasible at the time).

Exactly.

If I was single and had no kids, it's be easy to go to a ton of different cities to see shows.

And @DTwwbwMP, the Shmeglands have proven they will travel for a show.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: DT tour delayed !!!!
« Reply #476 on: November 22, 2021, 08:07:10 AM »
Yes that too. But i'm pretty sure he's said that the recording kit is also the touring kit so we shall see.

I think it would look a lot better playing a small(er) kit for a change.

I always thought it was silly when he said he needed everything on the Dramatic Turn kit to play " The DT catalogue "

When Portnoy played the "DT Catalogue" just fine and his (normal, right side kit) was nowhere near that big.

( 8 toms, 4 bass drums 4 electro pads etc )

Didn’t know Mangini had another gig. I just can’t stop watching this!!!!

https://youtu.be/ItZyaOlrb7E

Got reminded of this post because I saw this episode of The Office yesterday, and that drummer was in it.

https://youtu.be/hWW6HHfdObg?t=184

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #477 on: November 22, 2021, 08:08:00 AM »
I hate ticketmaster, I tried to buy tickets for the DT show in Raleigh today, found a great seat when to check out said it failed. Go back now I have to buy 2 tickets because everything is "preferred tickets".

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #478 on: November 22, 2021, 08:43:21 AM »
Anyone know a pre-sale code for Raleigh?
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #479 on: November 22, 2021, 08:45:31 AM »
No, I tried a few that I've seen before but non worked

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #480 on: November 22, 2021, 09:13:25 AM »
No, I tried a few that I've seen before but non worked

Try DUKE

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #481 on: November 22, 2021, 09:32:33 AM »
you are awesome! Got row D seats

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #482 on: November 22, 2021, 10:42:30 AM »

Well... I'm getting the "unable to process your request on this device, please try again later" message.  I'll give it a shot when the public sale starts.

Hurts my heart to type DUKE for any reason anyway...
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #483 on: November 22, 2021, 11:03:47 AM »

Well... I'm getting the "unable to process your request on this device, please try again later" message.  I'll give it a shot when the public sale starts.

Usually switching from a computer to a phone (or the other way around) fixes the issue.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #484 on: November 22, 2021, 11:59:17 AM »

Usually switching from a computer to a phone (or the other way around) fixes the issue.

Thanks Victor!  Same message on my phone and Ipad both... I'm going to try it off the VPN now.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #485 on: November 22, 2021, 12:33:10 PM »
Finally got it... off VPN on my wife's phone.  Mid section on JP's side Row G seats 1 & 2.  I feel like they're very good seats.  Almost exactly the same spot as I would have had in Charlotte at Ovens.

I remember the venue from I&W and Beyond... very nice spot!  As we get closer to the dates, we'll confirm BBQ and drinks and The Pit for those attending the show.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #486 on: November 22, 2021, 12:48:33 PM »

It's a sign, brother. A good sign. :)

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #487 on: November 22, 2021, 01:04:33 PM »
Finally got it... off VPN on my wife's phone.  Mid section on JP's side Row G seats 1 & 2.  I feel like they're very good seats.  Almost exactly the same spot as I would have had in Charlotte at Ovens.

I remember the venue from I&W and Beyond... very nice spot!  As we get closer to the dates, we'll confirm BBQ and drinks and The Pit for those attending the show.
Got seats in section C for myself, both kids, and the new tagalong, my eldest daughter's fiance.  We'll get him initiated RIGHT.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #488 on: November 23, 2021, 03:00:23 PM »

Got seats in section C for myself, both kids, and the new tagalong, my eldest daughter's fiance.  We'll get him initiated RIGHT.

That's a hell of an initiation.  I remember my first DT concert (2004 @ 9:30 Club in DC) as if it was yesterday... blew me away for certain!  In-person with DT is another level.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #489 on: November 23, 2021, 03:51:53 PM »

That's a hell of an initiation.  I remember my first DT concert (2004 @ 9:30 Club in DC) as if it was yesterday... blew me away for certain!  In-person with DT is another level.

I am taking my bestie girlfriend to her first DT concert in Houston. 5th row just JP side of center. I am so excited that not only do I have another girl to go with me, but my best friend (who isn't into metal) got hooked on DT last year. I can't wait!