Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 45899 times)

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DT tour delayed !!!!
« Reply #385 on: November 16, 2021, 08:08:50 AM »
DC at The Warner Theater on Sunday, March 6th. 

I'll probably host a preshow again at a nearby establishment.  We had over 70 attendees on Tax Day 2019.

Added bonus:  no Capitals game!
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline goo-goo

Re: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...new dates announced
« Reply #386 on: November 16, 2021, 08:21:33 AM »
Got messages from Bandsintown.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #387 on: November 16, 2021, 08:32:39 AM »
Saturday March 5 for CT!

I'm literally so happy I could cry. I adore the new album and if I had to miss this tour altogether I'd be heartbroken.

Did you two get emails from Ticket Master about this? I didn't see any come through.

Same, did not receive anything yet. If it really is March 5, then I guess im keeping my tickets  :metal
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Awaken

« Reply #388 on: November 16, 2021, 08:36:57 AM »
Saturday March 5 for CT!

I'm literally so happy I could cry. I adore the new album and if I had to miss this tour altogether I'd be heartbroken.

Did you two get emails from Ticket Master about this? I didn't see any come through.

Mine came from Bandsintown, I checked LiveNation app and the new date hasn't been updated there yet

EDIT - it's official on DT.net
https://dreamtheater.net/tour/

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #389 on: November 16, 2021, 08:44:30 AM »
Awesome  :metal Thanks for that.

I'm ok with March 4th. I might try to go to both NYC and CT show, should be fun

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #390 on: November 16, 2021, 09:18:04 AM »
I have a sneaky suspicion I’m going to have the same battle on my hands. Judging from the dates they’ve rescheduled near St. Louis I don’t see a lot of wiggle room to fit them in.

Happy to report I was completely wrong about this and St. Louis did get a reschedule date of Tuesday, February 15th.

Looks like the kiddos will get a day off school the next day. Bummer it wasn’t on a weekend like the original date but I’ll take it!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #391 on: November 16, 2021, 09:33:44 AM »
I am so happy! My Denver reschedule was from a Saturday to a Saturday! My Houston Date went from Sat to Friday, but that is very doable! Now, the wait continues.....

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #392 on: November 16, 2021, 09:54:35 AM »
Cincinnati February 16... much earlier than I expected (I expected a March date)... went from a Friday to a Wednesday but oh well. I'm excited!

Offline jammindude

« Reply #393 on: November 16, 2021, 10:13:08 AM »
Seattle show got moved south to Kent putting it about 20 minutes from my front door.

I might end up hitting this tour after all.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #394 on: November 16, 2021, 10:17:11 AM »
Well dang!  I had front row balcony seats for the Paramount theater in Seattle, but now they changed the venue to the Showare Arena in Kent. I bought the Paramount club seating so the tickets won't be honored at a different venue. 
Looks like I have to get my money back and buy tickets all over again.  So much for getting great seats.  Oh well, at least they're coming to the Seattle area..    :chill
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #395 on: November 16, 2021, 10:48:11 AM »
Hell yeah, a date for Raleigh was added for March!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #396 on: November 16, 2021, 10:55:05 AM »
Hmmm, I do love seeing DT at the Beacon Theatre in NYC.  Them moving from Brooklyn to this venue is much better for me.  Now do I go to that show on Friday or make the drive to CT for the show on Saturday??

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #397 on: November 16, 2021, 10:59:07 AM »
CT has better pizza. Pretty easy choice if you ask me.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #398 on: November 16, 2021, 11:07:15 AM »

That is completely untrue IMO.  NYC pizza is significantly better from my experience.  I seriously don't understand the love for CT pizza.  Even NJ pizza is better. But I don't think pizza plays a role here.  If there's going to be a DTF get together in CT that would probably sway me.

Offline Kram

« Reply #399 on: November 16, 2021, 11:34:20 AM »
Looks like they'll be a San Diego area show now after all.  Friday Feb 4th in El Cajon (10-15 miles east of SD).  Tickets go on sale tomorrow for previous buyers, but I haven't received any notification from Ticketmaster with a previous buyers password.  What password have you guys been using for the previous buyers sale?

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #400 on: November 16, 2021, 11:54:28 AM »

That is completely untrue IMO.  NYC pizza is significantly better from my experience.  I seriously don't understand the love for CT pizza.  Even NJ pizza is better. But I don't think pizza plays a role here.  If there's going to be a DTF get together in CT that would probably sway me.

How about BOTH CT and NY?   :) :)

There's a good wing place/bar about 5 minutes from the Oakdale (there's a plaque on the stool where I met El Barto in person for the first time! Haha!), or New Haven is only a couple exits down the road and there are some good bars there. 

New Haven pizza is the bomb, but it's not all that different from good NYC pizza (Lombardi's, for example).   I think it's like comparing supermodels, frankly.   

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #401 on: November 16, 2021, 11:58:16 AM »
Where I've had pizza in CT was in New Haven, I didn't think it was anything like NYC pizza, but not that different from other brick over places I've eaten. 

The only reason I'm not likely to do both CT and NY is because I am 100% in for NJ with my front row ticket. And with a bunch of other concerts on my schedule in early March, it seems I'll need to decide between CT and NY if I can even do a 2nd show.  Really doubt I do 3 shows unless the setlists varies enough to make it worth the effort.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #402 on: November 16, 2021, 12:09:56 PM »
So I see the band had to find different venues to accommodate the same tour schedule of cities. That explains the delay a bit.

I am still amused at the venues that were still listing the shows as if they were still happening.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline DTA

« Reply #403 on: November 16, 2021, 12:11:40 PM »
Damn still nothing for Philly. Come on guys

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #404 on: November 16, 2021, 12:22:01 PM »
Hell yeah, a date for Raleigh was added for March!
What? No way!
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #405 on: November 16, 2021, 12:22:36 PM »
MAR 8, 2022
The Met
Philadelphia, PA

Offline DTA

« Reply #406 on: November 16, 2021, 12:37:47 PM »
MAR 8, 2022
The Met
Philadelphia, PA

Just got that notification after posting this. So glad it's been rescheduled

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2021, 12:38:56 PM »
Rochester is canceled according to the venue's website.  Oh well, I still have 2 others.  The only thing that sucks is they both went from Friday to Wednesday. 

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #408 on: November 16, 2021, 12:40:39 PM »
NYC The Beacon Theatre.....damn, by that time it will have been 48 years since Queen opened for Mott the Hoople for a five night stay in May of '74.  I might just have to drive up to see the venue.

oh, and NY pizza in a heart beat :metal :tup :D
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #409 on: November 16, 2021, 12:59:08 PM »
We will be joined by Arch Echo in the USA and Falset in Canada.

Nepotism at it's finest!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Dittomist

« Reply #410 on: November 16, 2021, 01:04:38 PM »
It was sad to see Portland, OR dropped off the list, as they weren't able to reschedule. Oh well, if I don't make it to Seattle, at least I still have the Ghost/Volbeat show to look forward to 

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #411 on: November 16, 2021, 02:13:48 PM »
hrmm no Charlotte date yet, wonder if that will even be rescheduled...

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #412 on: November 16, 2021, 02:28:27 PM »
It was sad to see Portland, OR dropped off the list, as they weren't able to reschedule. Oh well, if I don't make it to Seattle, at least I still have the Ghost/Volbeat show to look forward to
I'm sure it would be worth the trip up to Seattle for you. I've driven to Portland to see shows a few times and it's not that bad of a drive.

It seems like a odd choice to pick that arena in Kent, as it is over 7,000 capacity. Unless people drive from Portland and Vancouver B.C., plus the local Seattle crowd,  the venue will be half empty.  Even though DT more than deserves to sell out arena's like that, The Paramount would have been the more logical place.  I also see that there's no bookings for the Paramount on Feb 8th, I wonder why they couldn't secure it??
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #413 on: November 16, 2021, 02:57:53 PM »
hrmm no Charlotte date yet, wonder if that will even be rescheduled...

Yeah... Ticketbastard still says "Date TBA" but methinks the Raleigh NC date will be replacing it.  I see no way they get from Redstank NJ to Charlotte NC during the day on 3-10 to play the Charlotte show. 

Redstank in an Impractical Jokers reference by the way...
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Mr.Mister

« Reply #414 on: November 16, 2021, 03:10:19 PM »
I'm so happy my show got rebooked to a date I can go as I have a trip with my lady around that time. Moreover, I'm much more familiar to the material so yay!

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #415 on: November 16, 2021, 03:52:57 PM »
NYC The Beacon Theatre.....damn, by that time it will have been 48 years since Queen opened for Mott the Hoople for a five night stay in May of '74. 

that was at the URIS THEATER NOT the beacon. They played the Beacon for 4 nights in Feb. of '76. I was at both the URIS & Beacon shows :metal

Offline Volante99

« Reply #416 on: November 16, 2021, 04:54:41 PM »
Aaaaaand of course the Minneapolis date is rescheduled during one of 6-7 days out of the year I’m out of state traveling for work.

I’ll have to see if I can get a refund? Otherwise anyone want front row balcony (Petrucci side) for the Minneapolis show?

Offline btp2112

« Reply #417 on: November 17, 2021, 08:13:18 AM »
Looks like they'll be a San Diego area show now after all.  Friday Feb 4th in El Cajon (10-15 miles east of SD).  Tickets go on sale tomorrow for previous buyers, but I haven't received any notification from Ticketmaster with a previous buyers password.  What password have you guys been using for the previous buyers sale?

Hi there, I have not received a notification either. Ditto for a couple buddies. I had front row center to the original SD show so super bummed the venue got changed. The only email i received was the TM cancellation/refund last month. So TM/LN lists a "previous buyers presale" for 10am PST this morning. . . so which previous buyers have received an email? Looks like TM botched this one (surprise, surprise) as i got jack... checked spam folder too. Have any San Diego attendees received an email with passcode for today?

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2021, 08:45:31 AM »
I got a notification from the venue that the Cincinnati show was rescheduled for Feb 16, but it wasn't updated on Ticketmaster yet (as of yesterday).

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #419 on: November 17, 2021, 09:02:52 AM »
I got a notification from the venue that the Cincinnati show was rescheduled for Feb 16, but it wasn't updated on Ticketmaster yet (as of yesterday).

It is now.  I thought I remember seeing it as being updated yesterday.  I could be wrong though.