News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

Things I find a tad exasperating v.3

Started by XJDenton, June 26, 2021, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordxizor

King Postwhore

If you haven't tried it, you can't say it's mediocre.   That's my point. Sane for Tim. Your takes are hilarious.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

lordxizor

Quote from: King Postwhore on January 31, 2024, 06:36:31 PM
If you haven't tried it, you can't say it's mediocre.   That's my point. Sane for Tim. Your takes are hilarious.
Again, I may have tried it and i have tried other burgers with stuff mixed in. I stand by my statement. They don't need it and are better without it. You do you though. Enjoy your onion burger.

TAC

Quote from: King Postwhore on January 31, 2024, 06:32:06 PM
Sure. This is just one screenshot. Be call me wrong.

Chris Karam likes this post  :tup

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

He only likes posts from the 60's and 70's lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

He is these days. I can't get him to listen to any nee music. Here's his nee podcast.

Stadler

I love meatloaf.

I love burgers cooked plain with salt and pepper.

I love burgers cooked with some seasoning on them.

I love burgers cooked with some finely chopped onion in them.

You guys debate whether it's "meatloaf" or not, I'm going to fill my face.  :) :) :) :) :)

jingle.boy

Quote from: Stadler on February 01, 2024, 03:30:49 AM
I love meatloaf.

You guys debate whether it's "meatloaf" or not, I'm going to fill my face.  :) :) :) :) :)

This guy gets it.
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

cramx3

LOL this debate.... meatloaf has a lot more than just seasoning, usually it has some sort of bread or breadcrumbs mixed into the meat (beyond just seasoning) that makes it a "loaf" like a loaf of bread because there's bread in it...  Meat with just seasoning is still a meat patty and hence a burger.

Someone can prove me wrong.

I love meatloaf and meatloaf sandwiches, but it's not the same as adding onion seasoning to a burger. 

Those lipton onion packs are good though, I usually use it with roasted potatoes.

jingle.boy

Meatloaf is just meatballs in a different shape.
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

cramx3

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 01, 2024, 07:19:10 AM
Meatloaf is just meatballs in a different shape.

As an Italian, this is offensive  :lol but yeah, not too far off.  Different seasonings and shape. But if you go to a supermarket, they usually have a meatloaf/meatlball mix of ground beef and pork together to buy. 

King Postwhore

My brother used to tell my mom at a teenager, that her meatballs tasted like her meatloaf and called them, loafballs. :lol

Chino

Meatloaf has breading in it, either bread crumb or panko, as well as milk/cream, eggs, and a variety of other things. Whereas burgers typically do not. It's a totally different mouth feel.

A proper meatloaf is an event.

Lonk

Quote from: pg1067 on January 31, 2024, 10:32:40 AM
Quote from: jingle.boy on January 31, 2024, 10:31:04 AM
I had Shake Shake recently.  For $30 CAD, I felt I needed to report a crime.  The burger was passable, the shake ok, and the fries were straight up McCain crinkle cut.  I'll never eat there again.

Their fries suck, but a burger and a vanilla malt is a top notch combo for me.
Vanilla or Strawberry and yeah, that combo is great. I don't remember the last time I had them though.

Lately my go to fastfood burger place is Smashburger. Their smoked bacon brisket burger is great

pg1067

Quote from: Vmadera00 on February 01, 2024, 08:48:40 AM
Quote from: pg1067 on January 31, 2024, 10:32:40 AM
Quote from: jingle.boy on January 31, 2024, 10:31:04 AM
I had Shake Shake recently.  For $30 CAD, I felt I needed to report a crime.  The burger was passable, the shake ok, and the fries were straight up McCain crinkle cut.  I'll never eat there again.

Their fries suck, but a burger and a vanilla malt is a top notch combo for me.
Vanilla or Strawberry and yeah, that combo is great. I don't remember the last time I had them though.

Lately my go to fastfood burger place is Smashburger. Their smoked bacon brisket burger is great

They're good, but the only location I know of is across the street from Staples Center (where the LA Kings play), and I don't get up there often.

Stadler

Quote from: cramx3 on February 01, 2024, 07:12:48 AM
LOL this debate.... meatloaf has a lot more than just seasoning, usually it has some sort of bread or breadcrumbs mixed into the meat (beyond just seasoning) that makes it a "loaf" like a loaf of bread because there's bread in it...  Meat with just seasoning is still a meat patty and hence a burger.

Someone can prove me wrong.

I love meatloaf and meatloaf sandwiches, but it's not the same as adding onion seasoning to a burger. 

Those lipton onion packs are good though, I usually use it with roasted potatoes.

Well, you're right, I think. 

I defer to the resident knife chucker, but I think burgers, meatballs and meatloaf are, technically, different.

Burger:  meat and seasonings
Meatballs: a meat blend (beef and pork, maybe veal if you're adventurous), breadcrumbs, and seasonings
Meatloaf: beef, breadcrumbs, egg, seasoning; some people put bacon strips on the top for the pork flavorings. 

cramx3

I put egg in my meatballs and also may put them in a burger meat or while not common for me, just put a egg on top of the burger.

Stadler

Quote from: cramx3 on February 01, 2024, 11:41:11 AM
I put egg in my meatballs and also may put them in a burger meat or while not common for me, just put a egg on top of the burger.

I think you have rank here, Marc.  I'm a Polack who learned what he learned about cooking from his Hungarian grandmother!  :) :) :)

Adami

Quote from: Stadler on February 01, 2024, 11:25:56 AM
Meatballs: a meat blend (beef and pork, maybe veal if you're adventurous), breadcrumbs, and seasonings
Meatloaf: beef, breadcrumbs, egg, seasoning; some people put bacon strips on the top for the pork flavorings.

I'll take a meatloaf. Hold the beef, breadcrumbs, and bacon strips on top.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

Stadler

Quote from: Adami on February 01, 2024, 11:52:05 AM

So...  a fried egg? 

Adami

Quote from: Stadler on February 01, 2024, 11:53:26 AM
Quote from: Adami on February 01, 2024, 11:52:05 AM

So...  a fried egg?

Scrambled please!

I'll be waiting here.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

cramx3

Quote from: Stadler on February 01, 2024, 11:51:49 AM
Quote from: cramx3 on February 01, 2024, 11:41:11 AM

I think you have rank here, Marc.  I'm a Polack who learned what he learned about cooking from his Hungarian grandmother!  :) :) :)

:lol My mom's a polack so I've got it in me too.

I have The Sopranos cookbook and use their recipe for my sunday sauce and meatballs (pictured this week in the food thread).  I'm not an expert (and we have at least one expert here), but have put a great deal of effort into being a better cook since the pandemic.  I've got like 6 or so cookbooks now and my gf is big on social media chefs. I even watch Gordon Ramsay these days and I never cared for any cooking show before.  New season of Next Level Chef just started.

King Postwhore

My mom was Lebanese and my dad Irish.  Better not mess with me.  :lol

jammindude

Seasoned hamburgers are NOT meatloaf.

My wife likes to mix steak seasonings into the meat before throwing a patty on the grill. Is that a meatloaf??? The idea of seasoning the meat and having that be the line where it becomes meatloaf is ludicrous.

TAC

Seasoning is one thing, like if you put salt on it or something, but soup mix?? Yeah, you're making meatloaf patties.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 01, 2024, 04:08:31 AM
Quote from: Stadler on February 01, 2024, 03:30:49 AM
I love meatloaf.

This guy gets it.
Indeed.

Also, the burgers that were being referenced are NOT fucking meatloaf.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Indiscipline

^ And they are not fucking meatloaf because meatloaf, despite being willing to do anything for love, won't do that.

King Postwhore

But would you eat one by the dashboard light?  That would be paradise.

TAC

Quote from: King Postwhore on February 01, 2024, 01:23:52 PM
But would you eat one by the dashboard light?  That would be paradise.

I don't know. Let me sleep on it.

lordxizor

I had a random article show up today that Bobby Flay (celebrity chef for those who live under a rock) says burgers only need salt and pepper. Of all the things for Google to track me and latch onto... Thanks DTF :lol

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

King Postwhore

If you compliment with Chef condiments that he can procure then I get it.

jammindude

Just told my wife about this conversation. She reminded me that she often will just chop up a sweet onion and mix it in with the hamburger before making patties.

No soup mix. Just chopped sweet onions.

Still meatloaf?  :angel:

King Postwhore