The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!

Started by bl5150, September 21, 2014, 04:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cramx3

Quote from: Stadler on August 19, 2024, 07:25:10 AMIsn't Ronnie Radke the guy that cancelled the show because their laptops didn't show up or something and didn't Trunk go after him pretty hard?   (Not judging, I just want to know the players).   

I put up with him because some of the info IS good, but Trunk is definitely in it for Trunk.  It's tiresome how insecure he is.

Yup, the same two guys who have been feuding on twitter because of the laptops  :lol   Ronnie is a massive troll though.  I follow him for the lols.  Totally agreed about Trunk too.

MinistroRaven

Grappler

What the heck?

https://www.metal-rules.com/2024/08/23/primal-fear-4-band-member-departures/?fbclid=IwY2xjawE1g2FleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHcVFPQpXmyS2baoh0sEsoo4vU5XUivWAo-YnmiCdm8WBSF4RDt6MjYy5Rw_aem_FN4SiLxuu0gGahRFIT3woQ

QuoteIn surprising news to fans, Primal Fear announced that all members besides Ralf and Mat have left the band! (Note: No word yet on the status of studio member Magnus Karlsson).  The departing members' statement reads:

Dear fans and friends of Primal Fear,

We unfortunately have to inform you today that Alex Beyrodt, Tom Naumann, Michael Ehré and Alex Jansen, who helped us on bass for the last two years, are no longer part of the band Primal Fear. Triggered by decisions within the band that we do not agree with, this step was anything but easy for us to take. We would like to make it clear that despite the differences of opinion, there was no argument or bad blood.

We would like to thank you for the time we spent together, the numerous albums, the tours, shows and festivals that have taken us around the world together, and of course for the love of the fans. We wish Mat and Ralf all the best for the future!

-Alex, Tom, Michael and Alex

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Qrusher14242

Yeah thats pretty wild to see. Beyrodt had been with the band for a long time, 14 years. I saw on Primal fear's FB page they had a photo with just Ralf/Matt so i have to imagine Magnus is probably out as well. Its a shame, this seemed like a good lineup. Guess its just the Ralf/Matt show now lol. Reminds me of Sabaton a while back.

Grappler

Quote from: Qrusher14242 on August 23, 2024, 08:51:57 AMYeah thats pretty wild to see. Beyrodt had been with the band for a long time, 14 years. I saw on Primal fear's FB page they had a photo with just Ralf/Matt so i have to imagine Magnus is probably out as well. Its a shame, this seemed like a good lineup. Guess its just the Ralf/Matt show now lol. Reminds me of Sabaton a while back.

I saw a comment that asked if the band only has two members now and Ralf answered "no."  I have no idea what's going on with that band.  Some sort of internal squabble led to four guys quitting or being let go, but the band has yet to address it directly.

cramx3

Quote from: Qrusher14242 on August 23, 2024, 08:51:57 AMYeah thats pretty wild to see. Beyrodt had been with the band for a long time, 14 years. I saw on Primal fear's FB page they had a photo with just Ralf/Matt so i have to imagine Magnus is probably out as well. Its a shame, this seemed like a good lineup. Guess its just the Ralf/Matt show now lol. Reminds me of Sabaton a while back.

I don't follow PF, but if it goes like Sabaton, that could be a good thing.  Sabaton had to part ways if they wanted to grow and tour extensively.  Funny enough, one of the guys is back in their band now too.  Same thing with Delain, a bunch of guys had to drop out to be with their young families and are now back and can tour with their children being older.  Once again, I have no idea how that plays out since I don't follow this band.  Sucks to see such a big split for the fans though.

ozzy554

Well I hate to come in here with more bad news but Motley Crue just released a new song.....and it's a Beastie Boys cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQO2FV1OZj4

cramx3

:lol

they've been playing it live, although I never watched a video.  Listening now, it's really not terrible, but it's really not good or necessary or anything.  I'm just feeling very over with them. I think they have one more new original song to come out with this EP.

ozzy554

It's just lifeless. Feels like John 5 is the only one putting in any effort. Hell I'd be surprised they all actually played on it themselves at this point. Oh and the new song that's on the way is called Cancelled because of course it is. Also has the explicit tag on it.

jingle.boy

Saw on PF's FB page yesterday that Magnus is still with the band, and will be touring with them.  I wonder if *that* has something to do with why the other four parted ways?
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

wolfking

Quote from: jingle.boy on August 25, 2024, 02:47:47 AMSaw on PF's FB page yesterday that Magnus is still with the band, and will be touring with them.  I wonder if *that* has something to do with why the other four parted ways?

I just googled what the hell you are talking about and holy shit! 

This is wild, so the band is pretty much Ralf, Magnus and Matt who is ill and can't tour.  Gotta be some sort of power struggle within the band?

Really, PF has become a Magnus studio project with the others just touring and adding some solos.  You can hear in the albums these days it's all him in relation to the sound.  Interesting.  Was funny everyone was happy with him running the band behind the scenes in the studio but not touring so he could pump out other projects.  Or maybe they weren't all that happy with the setup and have had enough.

Qrusher14242

I saw Alex Beyrodt comment on his and Tom's FB a couple times along the lines of 'Once you know, you'll understand'. Maybe there's a change in direction or style of the band or something. Maybe Mat and Ralf want Magnus way more involved or something. There's supposed to be an announcement tomorrow so i guess we'll find out then.

From their FB:

wolfking

Quote from: Qrusher14242 on August 27, 2024, 05:41:16 PMI saw Alex Beyrodt comment on his and Tom's FB a couple times along the lines of 'Once you know, you'll understand'. Maybe there's a change in direction or style of the band or something. Maybe Mat and Ralf want Magnus way more involved or something. There's supposed to be an announcement tomorrow so i guess we'll find out then.

I don't think that's possible.  :lol 

The breaking news is probably just the details of the members taking over.

The 'once you know, you'll understand' quote is interesting.  I wonder if we'll ever know.  Interesting times.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

jingle.boy

Quote from: Primal Fear FB pageBreaking News:
We're excited to announce our second guitarist. From now on the Italian/Cuban guitar sensation Thalia Bellazecca of ,,Angus McSix" will join PRIMAL FEAR as a full member and guitar partner of Magnus Karlsson!
Comments Thalia: "I'm stoked and excited to have the opportunity to play with these giants of the heavy and power metal scene. I feel so honored to share the stage with these amazing musicians and to start a new journey also with this incredible and historical band! Can't wait to start working with all of you!"
Comments Ralf Scheepers: "After my last show in Italy, I got to know Thalia personally and I realized what a wonderful person she is... Anyone who knows me knows that personal contact and sympathy is very important to me. So I read up on her musical projects and skills and was blown away by her incredible talent! I can't wait to work with her in the studio and of course live soon!"
Welcome Thalia and we're super happy to have you in the Metal Commando!

I guess Mat and Ralf wanted to overhaul the band?

wolfking

Who?  If she was friends with Ralf before, then yeah, seems that way.  Googling her, her image seems strange for the band but whatever. 

I'm honestly shocked Magnus is finally touring though.

Tom is a massive loss if you ask me.

jingle.boy

Another "who?" from me.

Quote from: Primal Fear FB page...and now it's official. We confirm our new drummer and it's non other than the powerhouse André Hilgers - as many of you already expected. André helped out on our last tour with UDO and is a longtime friend. Now his time has come!
Comments André: I'm really happy that i'm a full member of the band right now and after our sensational Tour together. Sometimes what belongs together comes together. Cheers Metal Heads!
Mat Sinner: André totally deserves it - we're looking forward to enter the studio with him soon and record a crushing new album!

LithoJazzoSphere

wolfking

Quite ironic that this guy played in Alex's band, Silent Force.