Author Topic: John Petrucci's guitar is being used in an Azerbaijani war propaganda music vide  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Rathma

• oh no she didnt
https://www.vice.com/en/article/epdgjn/azerbaijan-dropped-a-music-video-before-going-to-war-with-armenia?fbclid=IwAR2bbcPzDdVwx2fVdQ9HcXNUw4ZIK-J5dkkrfbIvgW5OTbYNkjDtA7Q11bU

Go to 3:56 on the first video. It's clearly the John Petrucci signature. The dude who made this song is probably a DT fan lol. The song itself is not bad but the way it's glorifying war is horrifying.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
https://www.vice.com/en/article/epdgjn/azerbaijan-dropped-a-music-video-before-going-to-war-with-armenia?fbclid=IwAR2bbcPzDdVwx2fVdQ9HcXNUw4ZIK-J5dkkrfbIvgW5OTbYNkjDtA7Q11bU

Go to 3:56 on the first video. It's clearly the John Petrucci signature. The dude who made this song is probably a DT fan lol. The song itself is not bad but the way it's glorifying war is horrifying.

Well, that's the unintended consequences of releasing signature products.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online MirrorMask

"Dream Theater first revel in the destruction of the Twin Towers and now support war"

(Some random headline somewhere, probably)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me

Yeah, this is kinda dark lol but there's nothing to say or do about it.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Rathma

• oh no she didnt
"Dream Theater first revel in the destruction of the Twin Towers and now support war"

(Some random headline somewhere, probably)

Lol yea seriously. Also System of a Down ain't happy.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

The song itself is not bad but the way it's glorifying war is horrifying.

This

I hope people don't interpret this as an endorsement from DT (& I really hope the band wouldn't endorse it if given the opportunity), though I like to think most of the views on this video wouldn't be so quick to make assumptions. Though tbh I don't know if DT even has a notable fanbase in either of those countries to begin with.
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Ben_Jamin

Yeah, this is kinda dark lol but there's nothing to say or do about it.

It is a bleak outlook of it, but it's the truth.

No one has control of how their product is used once its available on the market.

The song itself is not bad but the way it's glorifying war is horrifying.

This

I hope people don't interpret this as an endorsement from DT (& I really hope the band wouldn't endorse it if given the opportunity), though I like to think most of the views on this video wouldn't be so quick to make assumptions. Though tbh I don't know if DT even has a notable fanbase in either of those countries to begin with.

I think they'd have to be quite, how do I put it...Dumb, to think it's an endorsement by DT just because a guy is playing a JP signature guitar available to anyone who wants one. By that logic, all the companies whose equipment they are using are endorsing this war.

It's unfortunate, but nothing can be done about it.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Architeuthis

That was actually a well crafted song.  I wonder if it is really glorifying war, or pointing out how ridiculous war is?
Sounded like a good band though.  :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline IDontNotDoThings

That was actually a well crafted song.  I wonder if it is really glorifying war, or pointing out how ridiculous war is?

Considering that it was a video commissioned by the Azerbaijani government to go alongside a declaration of a real war with Armenia, I think it's safe to say that the video is pro-war. :P

The song's not bad, but I'm absolutely against what it stands for.

Offline Architeuthis

Considering that it was a video commissioned by the Azerbaijani government to go alongside a declaration of a real war with Armenia, I think it's safe to say that the video is pro-war. :P

The song's not bad, but I'm absolutely against what it stands for.
Oh man, I'm with you on that bro.. 

You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I hope people don't interpret this as an endorsement from DT

Nobody in their right mind would have that interpretation.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline IDontNotDoThings

I hope people don't interpret this as an endorsement from DT

Nobody in their right mind would have that interpretation.

True. I just hope people are in their right mind.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia say sign deal to end Nagorno-Karabakh conflict

Oh, that was fast. I guess the video wasn't that effective after all :lol

Offline Rathma

• oh no she didnt

Actually, Azerbaijan gained a lot of territory. Basically a huge victory for them. So who knows, maybe it did wonders?

Offline IDontNotDoThings

Actually, Azerbaijan gained a lot of territory. Basically a huge victory for them. So who knows, maybe it did wonders?

Good point, actually.

Offline Ben_Jamin

Yes Azerbaijan did gain territory and it's sad.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/armenians-burn-their-homes-on-land-to-be-turned-over-to-azerbaijan/

Offline DT1138

So if a person purposely uses a Tesla to run down a crowd of people, does the world have to hate Elon Musk?

I agree that we live in some pretty wacky times (people are WAY too sensitive to just about anything these days).  But consider the following:

1.  Anyone familiar DT well enough would already know that they would not promote that kind of message.
2.  JP's guitar is barely onscreen for mere fractions of a second.
3.  Non-DT fans wouldn't have a clue (much less even care) what brand of guitar JP uses, endorses, etc
4.  It ain't in the top 40 in the USA, so the chances of Americans even seeing or hearing this are about zero.

That all being said, I thought the music itself wasn't bad.  The chick singer was cute, but her vibrato made Tiny Tim sound like Sinatra.