Author Topic: Future Tour Setlist...  (Read 46012 times)

Offline DTwwbwMP

Re: Future Tour Setlist...
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2021, 05:55:22 PM »
I know it would not happen, but now with their 5th post MP cd being released in October, I think it would be not only fun, but also quite refreshing if this upcoming tour concentrated ONLY on the MM era material. How about this set list:

intro: False Awakening Suite
1. The Alien
2. Answering The Call
3. Our New World
4. Lost Not Forgotten
5. Out of Reach
6. Transcending Time
7. S2N
8. On The Backs of Angels
9. The Enemy Inside
10. Sleeping Giant
11. Surrender To Reason
12. Untethered Angel
13. Bridges in The Sky
encore:
14. A View From The Top of The World

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2021, 06:08:00 PM »
You're not chaossystem are you?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2021, 06:28:26 PM »
no, sorry

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #213 on: August 05, 2021, 10:22:59 PM »
How about if they play only Majesty demos?

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2021, 10:24:48 PM »
I know it would not happen, but now with their 5th post MP cd being released in October, I think it would be not only fun, but also quite refreshing if this upcoming tour concentrated ONLY on the MM era material. How about this set list:

intro: False Awakening Suite
1. The Alien
2. Answering The Call
3. Our New World
4. Lost Not Forgotten
5. Out of Reach
6. Transcending Time
7. S2N
8. On The Backs of Angels
9. The Enemy Inside
10. Sleeping Giant
11. Surrender To Reason
12. Untethered Angel
13. Bridges in The Sky
encore:
14. A View From The Top of The World

Excellent setlist. I would save this wonderful set for when MP comes back.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #215 on: August 06, 2021, 10:37:37 AM »
How about if they play only Majesty demos?

Encore:  Gnos Sdrawkcab

:metal :metal :metal
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2021, 12:04:20 PM »
I'd love to see Only A Matter of Time, Scarred or ANY kind of representation of Awake. They played Lie during the Summer European run for D/T. I'd take that here. Crimson Sunrise+Innocence, Just Let Me Breathe or Lines in The Sand, The Glass Prison; The Gift of Music, A New Beginning, or Our New World; and Barstool Warrior, Room 137, or Pale Blue Dot from the last album. I wouldn't mind Count of Tuscany, if that comes to be. I'm not completely burned out on As I Am live. It's far from the top of my list but if they keep it for this tour, fine. Mainly, I just hope for something from Awake, The Glass Prison, and that they shelve Pull Me Under and Spirit Carries On for this tour, at least.
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline pg1067

« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2021, 03:24:14 PM »
I'd love to see Only A Matter of Time, Scarred or ANY kind of representation of Awake. They played Lie during the Summer European run for D/T. I'd take that here. Crimson Sunrise+Innocence

Awake was heavily represented in 2014, and ACOS was played in full even more recently.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2021, 03:49:10 PM »
I’ll have a go at an all MM-era setlist.

Intro tape: False Awakening Suite
01: The Alien
02: Answering the Call
03: Room 137
04: Surrender to Reason
05: Awaken the Master
06: On the Backs of Angels
07: A New Beginning
08: This is the Life
09: The Enemy Inside
10: S2N
11: Our New World
12: Sleeping Giant
13: Out of Reach
14: Breaking All Illusions

Encore
15: A View From the Top of the World
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2021, 06:36:47 PM »
I'd love to see Only A Matter of Time, Scarred or ANY kind of representation of Awake. They played Lie during the Summer European run for D/T. I'd take that here. Crimson Sunrise+Innocence

Awake was heavily represented in 2014, and ACOS was played in full even more recently.

Yes. 7 years ago. I missed the AFTR tour. They only did one North American leg, IIRC. Playing NC consistently wasn't a thing yet and I couldn't make the DC show. 😭
And, yes. I saw ACoS in 2017. But, what's wrong with wanting to see certain songs again? 😛😁 and, in regards to ACoS, I'm not asking for the whole thing. 🙂
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Online DTA

« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2021, 04:42:38 AM »
I’ll have a go at an all MM-era setlist.

Intro tape: False Awakening Suite
01: The Alien
02: Answering the Call
03: Room 137
04: Surrender to Reason
05: Awaken the Master
06: On the Backs of Angels
07: A New Beginning
08: This is the Life
09: The Enemy Inside
10: S2N
11: Our New World
12: Sleeping Giant
13: Out of Reach
14: Breaking All Illusions

Encore
15: A View From the Top of the World

I wouldn't mind something like this. I'd add Viper King to the encore because I love it, but otherwise, it's got a good mix of songs they've yet to play, "hits" from the MM-era (Angels, Illusions, New World), and new stuff. Aside from some underplayed songs from WDADU and the FII-era, Disappear, and maybe Ministry, there's really nothing pre-MM that I'm dying to hear after seeing them so many times.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2021, 05:01:48 PM »
After hearing The Alien and how it begins and sounds as a whole, I do wonder if another new song may end up opening the set. It would be interesting for them to open with The Alien, it would be reminiscent of them opening with Bridges In The Sky, as I feel The Alien sounds most similar to BITS in terms of atmosphere and vibe.

I like the idea of having the intro tape be False Awakening Suite, as they did intend for it to be a track they could use to open their shows with, seems odd to just utilize it for the album tour. 

Intro Tape: False Awakening Suite
1. Moment of Betrayal (I think it would be cool to open with this song, it's one of the songs that can be played outside the album and is a great rocker, and honestly is a good opening type of song)
2. Room 137
3. The Alien (This is a song that I feel would have more of an impact placed here in the set)
4. I Walk Beside You (A song that would be a great mid-pace song to give a bit of a rest for the guys. It also ends pretty energetic as well, rather than going full ballad calmer)
5. Blind Faith (I would love this one to appear someday in a future set, this would be a great moment to bring it out and a nice way to give nod to 6DOIT)
6. Peruvian Skies (Another fantastic mid-pace rocker, it would be great to have in this part of the set as a way to rest from the longer Blind Faith, but also a great way to make the set progress more heavier as the ending is more faster paced and energetic, uplifting the vibe from the more progressive side of the band)
7. The Enemy Inside (Let's just go straight into the heavy and faster paced energy)
8. S2N
9. Surrender to Reason
10. Stream of Consciousness
11. At Wit's End

Encore:
A View From The Top of The World

The total would be around 1:42:00 long. I would add probably 2-3 more AVFTTOTW songs, sprinkled throughout the set based on their overall sound. But from what I have heard from The Alien, this would be the set I wouldn't mind seeing. I also, wouldn't mind if they ended up switching off S2N and Room 137 like they did Paralyzed and Fall Into The Light.

Of course, this set may change entirely once we hear more of the album, and I will make another one when the album comes out and I have heard all the songs, I will post one before the show starts as I will only have a couple of days to listen to it and digest it before the setlist being revealed.  :lol

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2021, 06:54:46 PM »
Song I'd like to hear this time around (max 1 per album, other than the new one):

Only a Matter of Time
Burning My Soul
The Great Debate
Far From Heaven
Surrender to Reason
S2N

huh... guess the list isn't that long. Considering there's only 12 MP album tracks and even fewer MM tracks I haven't seen live, that's not too surprising. But yeah, gotta keep that streak going of hearing something "new/different" every tour/year.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Online DTA

« Reply #223 on: August 14, 2021, 04:07:46 AM »
Surrender To Reason seems to be on everyone's wish list so I'm really hoping they bust that one out along with a couple from D/T. You really have to give them credit for just how many of their songs they've managed to play live when other bands release new albums and leave half the thing unplayed.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2021, 05:45:41 AM »
Considering I have seen a few people say that The Alien feels like a follow-up to Pale Blue Dot, and they technically follow each other in the band's history - PBD was technically the last song on the last album (Viper King was a bonus track, so not technically a part of the official studio album), The Alien is the first song on the new album -  it wouldn't surprise me if they played them back to back on the upcoming tour.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2021, 02:35:07 PM »
Considering I have seen a few people say that The Alien feels like a follow-up to Pale Blue Dot, and they technically follow each other in the band's history - PBD was technically the last song on the last album (Viper King was a bonus track, so not technically a part of the official studio album), The Alien is the first song on the new album -  it wouldn't surprise me if they played them back to back on the upcoming tour.

That'd be great to see, specially thematically, but I hope they don't play PBD again this tour where they have a shorter set and R137, S2N and OOR still haven't been performed live. STR is a must-do too.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2021, 03:32:49 PM »
I don't care much about them playing S2N (solid tune, not one that excites me at all), but I really hope Room 137 and Out of Reach are played this time around.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2021, 06:41:40 PM »
I don't care much about them playing S2N (solid tune, not one that excites me at all), but I really hope Room 137 and Out of Reach are played this time around.

Me too. I figure I'll have to go to the bathroom at some point...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2021, 07:22:57 PM »
I do love Out of Reach. It's honestly close to my favorite song on the record. But I have a suspicious feeling it'll happen to be one of those songs that ends up unplayed at the end of their career. I hope I'm wrong.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2021, 07:23:54 PM »
I do love Out of Reach. It's honestly close to my favorite song on the record. But I have a suspicious feeling it'll happen to be one of those songs that ends up unplayed at the end of their career. I hope I'm wrong.

Literally out of reach..

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2021, 12:32:20 AM »
POV: In a world where COVID doesn’t exist, The Alien was released 2 months ago, and this is a set for a pre-album release US summer tour. Since this is 2 years after D/T’s release, I don’t think this tour would have to focus on playing a large chunk of the album. I mostly tried to choose songs that I felt are realistic for such a tour, but a couple of choices are just songs that I would love to see live.

The Glass Prison

This Dying Soul (I can’t imagine there are many DT fans that wouldn’t lose their minds to them surprisingly starting a show with these two. Definitely the most unrealistic choices of my set, but I hope both of these songs sees the stage at some point again)

Erotomania

Voices (I am confident this combo will happen again, and I feel like this tour cycle should be the one to do it. 2 of the last 3 songs from Awake this lineup hasn’t played, and Innocence Faded doesn’t need to be brought back IMO. I’m sure they can figure out something for JLB for the more strenuous parts)

Barstool Warrior

Lines in the Sand (it’s time for this one to come back too!)

S2N

Surrender to Reason (this song is BEGGING to be played live and I think it’d make a good set 1 closer. Really hoping they bring it out for this next tour)
~~~intermission~~~
Bridges in the Sky

Blind Faith (I have a feeling they’re going to play the full 6DOIT song on a tour next year, and the first disc deserves more love live than it gets)

Behind the Veil (this, BitS and Constant Motion we’re played in 2015, but not in the US. I think all 3 deserve to be played stateside soon)

Just Let Me Breathe (BtV would go directly into this the way The Mirror went into it from LSFNY. Another new song for this lineup and is a great concert song)

Constant Motion (hasn’t been played in the US in over a decade, easier on JLB than most songs, super fun concert song. Feels like a no brainer to me for this to come back at some point)

Only A Matter of Time (my favorite from WDADU, and JP even said he wanted to play this on a recent tour)

Sacrificed Sons

In the Name of God (these last 2 are great longer songs that haven’t been played live in over a decade and deserve to be back in the set again)

Encore:
The Alien (I would assume this song will open the shows for the AVFTTOTW tour cycle, so before the album’s out, I think it’d be fun to play this as an encore. Shining a spotlight on Mangini for the drum fill open to get the encore going would be fucking siiiick)

Metropolis (yes they just played all of I&W for a whole tour but it’s realistic for them to play this or PMU at most shows and I still haven’t seen this one live so I would be happy with it haha)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #231 on: August 19, 2021, 10:05:05 AM »
The Glass Prison

This Dying Soul (I can’t imagine there are many DT fans that wouldn’t lose their minds to them surprisingly starting a show with these two.

If I knew this was how they were opening the set, I might be late.  TGP is fine, but adding TDS would be WAY too much.  I've managed to avoid TDS so far, and I hope that doesn't change.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #232 on: August 19, 2021, 10:39:32 AM »
I would really like to see more TA songs come back to the live setlists.  It's been so greatly ignored since the album tour.  The songs are short enough to sneak a few in.  Even if it was just the singles, Moment of Betrayal for example works just fine by itself.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #233 on: August 19, 2021, 11:10:00 AM »
I would really like to see more TA songs come back to the live setlists.  It's been so greatly ignored since the album tour.  The songs are short enough to sneak a few in.  Even if it was just the singles, Moment of Betrayal for example works just fine by itself.

I mean, they’ve only done two tours since then. They played The Gift of Music and Our New World on the Images, Words and Beyond tour.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #234 on: August 19, 2021, 11:24:33 AM »
They will definitely open with The Alien.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #235 on: August 19, 2021, 12:04:06 PM »

This. The Walking Shadow + My Last Farewell would be great played back to back too.

I mean, they’ve only done two tours since then. They played The Gift of Music and Our New World on the Images, Words and Beyond tour.

They also intended to include A Life Left Behind, and even played it on the first two shows of the tour in Italy, but ended up dropping it (and TSCO) because the set was too long already.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #236 on: August 19, 2021, 01:21:21 PM »

A Better Life could work if they don't include the intro sample, and just start with the piano intro.

I think many could be included if they transitioned straight into them from another song, or transitioned into another song.

You know what I realized. Mangini has only played Panic Attack in Europe for their 30th Anniversary tour there. I would love to see this song played by Mangini live...and Lord Nefaryus would be an awesome song to transition into after Panic Attack.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #237 on: August 19, 2021, 01:30:38 PM »

Which got dropped after the first leg in Europe

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #238 on: August 19, 2021, 02:32:29 PM »
i'd say

Glass Prison
Blind Faith
S2N
Breaking all illusions
Octavarium

the new album with a view from the top as encore

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #239 on: August 19, 2021, 03:00:18 PM »

Also played in Asia, though. They dropped them for the US tour to include DLPM and TLF.

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #240 on: August 19, 2021, 07:38:50 PM »
1. The Alien
2. Answering the Call or Invisible Monster (possible alternate nights)
3. Surrender to Reason
4. Misunderstood
5. Transcending Time
6. Goodnight Kiss
7. Solitary Shell
8. S2N
9. Sleeping Giant
10. I Walk Beside You
11. Awaken the Master
12. A View from the Top of the World
-------------
13. Home

Offline Trav86

« Reply #241 on: August 19, 2021, 07:49:25 PM »

I realize that.  Actually they played them in Asia as well. But they didn’t play them in the US because they just came off of two North American legs of The Astonishing tour. You said it’s been “so greatly ignored” like it’s been ten years or something.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #242 on: August 19, 2021, 07:51:32 PM »
1. The Alien
3. Surrender to Reason
4. Misunderstood
5. Transcending Time
6. Goodnight Kiss
7. Solitary Shell
8. S2N
9. Sleeping Giant
10. I Walk Beside You
11. Awaken the Master
-------------
13. Home

That'd be great. I could beat the traffic!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #243 on: August 19, 2021, 11:31:48 PM »
1. The Alien
3. Surrender to Reason
4. Misunderstood
5. Transcending Time
6. Goodnight Kiss
7. Solitary Shell
8. S2N
9. Sleeping Giant
10. I Walk Beside You
11. Awaken the Master
-------------
13. Home

That'd be great. I could beat the traffic!

I guess that's when TAC gets...

wait for it...

...Home.

Offline dodido253

« Reply #244 on: August 20, 2021, 07:41:03 AM »
I just hope we finally get Surrender to Reason.

This.