Author Topic: 2019 set list and tour discussion (**KEEP ALL SPOILERS HERE**)  (Read 143383 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2019 set list and tour discussion (**KEEP ALL SPOILERS HERE**)
« Reply #840 on: April 21, 2019, 09:29:49 AM »
That's awesome gmillergrake, something similar happened to me at the ADTOE tour!
So the VIP people see the band after the show? I always thought it was before.

So did I. But, the same people I noticed leaving the Pre show meet and greet were exiting the stage door to the street after the show. One of them even gave my oldest son his VIP Distance over Time lanyard as he walked by us.

whaaaaaa! They meet the band before and after the show?! That's well worth the extra dough.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #841 on: April 23, 2019, 05:07:15 AM »
Saw them last night and they were really, really great. James was on point as well as the rest of the band.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #842 on: April 23, 2019, 09:39:06 AM »
That's awesome gmillergrake, something similar happened to me at the ADTOE tour!
So the VIP people see the band after the show? I always thought it was before.

So did I. But, the same people I noticed leaving the Pre show meet and greet were exiting the stage door to the street after the show. One of them even gave my oldest son his VIP Distance over Time lanyard as he walked by us.

whaaaaaa! They meet the band before and after the show?! That's well worth the extra dough.
Not entirely accurate.  The VIP experience is before the show.  The aftershow is separate, you can't buy that.  You have to be invited, or know someone.  However, it is not uncommon that some VIPs also have aftershow passes.

So, they are two separate groups, but sometimes have some overlap.

I was at the aftershow last night in Charlotte, but I did not have VIP stuff before the show.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #843 on: April 29, 2019, 08:04:22 PM »
At intermission now, PBD sounds a-fuckin-mazing, my neck hurts heh
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #844 on: April 29, 2019, 08:06:14 PM »
At intermission now, PBD sounds a-fuckin-mazing, my neck hurts heh
Get ready to cry beautiful tears of joy. Scenes from my tear ducts.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #845 on: April 29, 2019, 08:06:51 PM »
They're playing 30's and 40's music during the intermission, setting the mood I guess heh

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #846 on: April 29, 2019, 11:01:18 PM »
I just saw Scenes From A Memory live, all the way through, standing right in the front, occasionally leaning on the stage, this was a dream come true. Tomorrow I do it again, now I sleep.

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #847 on: April 29, 2019, 11:25:53 PM »
Home from Dallas show..what is there to say.. James was incredible...JP can make grown men cry.. Jordan truly is a Wizard.. JM and MM made the earth shake.. highlights... Barstool Warrior... ITPOE 1 ... Home  DOE  Spirit carries On .. Finally Free.. incredible ending... They are tight..Scenes was locked in..Loud and Clear.. gotta try to rest now ..ears rinnging

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #848 on: April 30, 2019, 08:21:08 AM »
I had never had a chance to see SFAM live in its entirety, and it is my second favorite album (close second behind Six Degrees).  But I have played LSFNY a TON through the years.  If they had done it exactly like they presented it back then, it still would have been cool.  But I'm really glad they changed up the presentation.  I got to see an album I really love, but with a slightly new twist.  I thought it was fantastic. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Trav86

« Reply #849 on: April 30, 2019, 10:57:58 AM »
I was at the Dallas show, and it was incredible. James was amazing! The energy in the place was good during the first set, but holy shit did it go to 11 during Scenes! You can feel how loved that album is.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #850 on: April 30, 2019, 02:35:38 PM »

Yep

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #851 on: April 30, 2019, 02:36:32 PM »
That's awesome!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #852 on: April 30, 2019, 02:40:11 PM »
Yes sir, it was a good catch :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #853 on: April 30, 2019, 02:41:20 PM »
awesome  :metal :metal

Offline Trav86

« Reply #854 on: April 30, 2019, 03:23:00 PM »
There was a guy in my row that flipped over the seats in front of us to get one. I’m not even sure if he got it!
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #855 on: April 30, 2019, 07:23:41 PM »
There was a guy in my row that flipped over the seats in front of us to get one. I’m not even sure if he got it!

Meanwhile, a dipshit on the other side of the stage caught one and tossed it back at JP, JLB picked it up and tossed it back again.
I caught mine mid-air.
JLB teared up while singing Through Her Eyes and afterwards said its difficult for him to sing that song, he was wiping away actual tears, anybody else noticed or got a clue why?

Offline Lethean

« Reply #856 on: April 30, 2019, 08:15:28 PM »
Because it's an incredible and emotional song and he has to go all in in order to sing it that way?

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #857 on: April 30, 2019, 08:24:41 PM »
JLB teared up while singing Through Her Eyes and afterwards said its difficult for him to sing that song, he was wiping away actual tears, anybody else noticed or got a clue why?
He dedicated it to his longtime friend that had passed away recently when they played it in St. Paul. Maybe that’s why.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #858 on: May 01, 2019, 01:02:03 PM »

Offline TexansDT

« Reply #859 on: May 01, 2019, 03:05:15 PM »
Notes from last night in Houston:

-- Holy fuck was it loud.
-- Agree with the poster that said that's about as "metal" as they've sounded.  Which made this old fan very happy.
-- The "Beautiful Agony" part of ANTR was pretty sweet.
-- ITPOE is so much more fun live.
-- BW and PBD live are just sick.  And PBD is not as high up on my d/t list, but still.
-- The unison at the end of "Fatal Tragedy", with Jordan (on the key-tar!) and John on the catwalk was utterly badass.  Loved that our dudes got up there and rock star posed!
-- Through Her Eyes is as beautiful as it's ever been.
-- I never get tired of PMU.  Was my gateway to my favorite band, so it always brings back great memories.  And it's still in my personal Top 10 of all-time.
-- Holy fuck was it loud.

A lot of fun, and I can't wait to see them next time!!
If I seem superhuman, I have been misunderstood...

Offline DTinTX

« Reply #860 on: May 01, 2019, 07:42:46 PM »
I was front and center Monday night in Dallas, and just wanted to echo what others are saying.  It was an unforgettable concert, but James' performance was fantastic.  He was on fire and sounded amazing.  Of course the whole band was tight, but James really stood out and had complete command vocally.  Excellent job Mr. LaBrie! 

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #861 on: May 01, 2019, 07:45:42 PM »
Intermission in Austin, I'm on JP's side tonight. I love JMX but damn it's a lot more lively in JP land hehe

Offline tristl

• DTF.org Alumni
  • when dreams and tristl unite
« Reply #862 on: May 02, 2019, 12:08:14 AM »
I have just seen the clip with JP and JR on Facebook, that they have a different set for the european Festival Tour, which is logical, they can‘t play a normal set, I just hope, that  they still play there normal set for the few headlining shows(like in Dresden, where I have tickets for) they will do.
 Do you know anything about that, Bosk?
Carpe diem baby

Offline Moor

• The more the merrier
« Reply #863 on: May 02, 2019, 06:04:12 AM »
I have just seen the clip with JP and JR on Facebook, that they have a different set for the european Festival Tour, which is logical, they can‘t play a normal set, I just hope, that  they still play there normal set for the few headlining shows(like in Dresden, where I have tickets for) they will do.
 Do you know anything about that, Bosk?

Same question ... Bosk? I got tickets for the Athens show not being a festival?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #864 on: May 02, 2019, 06:57:31 AM »
From JLB's facebook:

Last North American show of Distance Over Time in Austin, Texas. Amazing crowd, thank you to everyone of our fans who made it out to these shows. See u in the fall for another North American trek. There are so many more places to hit.
Raaawwwwk on 🤘

:metal :metal :metal

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #865 on: May 02, 2019, 07:06:45 AM »
From JLB's facebook:

Last North American show of Distance Over Time in Austin, Texas. Amazing crowd, thank you to everyone of our fans who made it out to these shows. See u in the fall for another North American trek. There are so many more places to hit.
Raaawwwwk on 🤘

Great, I'm hoping they hit the midwest this time.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #866 on: May 02, 2019, 07:19:11 AM »
From JLB's facebook:

Raaawwwwk on 🤘

That's good to hear, hopefully they come within 4 hours of Pittsburgh for the next leg...

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #867 on: May 02, 2019, 07:21:46 AM »
Nice  :metal :metal

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #868 on: May 02, 2019, 07:51:57 AM »
Damn. Might have been one my top 3 DT gigs ever. Band was on fire last night in Austin. Did the meet and greet and won an after show pass from the DT-USA fan club  gathering before the show (I won the trivia).

The gig itself was amazing. Never got to listen to SFAM in a live setting. I got the B setlist when I saw them in Phoenix back in 2000. Listeing to the full album just gave me chills and goosebumps everywhere. Really loved the new animations for SFAM. John's tone is out of this world. Although with all the guitar changes throughout the set, I felt like JP was selling Ernie Ball guitars and the guitars were saying "Buy me buy me". Every single guitar looked very nice. The screens and projections from both sets were stunning. I was hoping for more d/t material but James said they will be touring in the fall again.

The after show thing was good but it was a bummer that only Jordan and Mike showed up. It was the last show of the tour so its kind of understandable. Both were very friendly and talked to everyone. Mike is almost done with his solo album. He is waiting on something. Interestingly, I didn't know Mike uses hearing aids. Was kind of surprised when I saw that since he is like in his mid-50s.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #869 on: May 02, 2019, 07:58:29 AM »
I've got some stories to tell of my shows but I wanna get home cause I don't like posting from my phone but this one can't wait :lol :
Me: I love what you did with the outro to Finally Free!
Mangini: It's literally horrible musically, but thank you.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #870 on: May 02, 2019, 08:21:05 AM »
From JLB's facebook:

Raaawwwwk on 🤘

:metal :metal :meta

That's good to hear, hopefully they come within 4 hours of Pittsburgh for the next leg...

Bosk, since they probably won’t hit Reno again, do you think they would ever stop in Sacramento??

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #871 on: May 02, 2019, 08:23:39 AM »
I've got some stories to tell of my shows but I wanna get home cause I don't like posting from my phone but this one can't wait :lol :

Where you at the after show?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #872 on: May 02, 2019, 08:25:50 AM »
@geeeemo:  Hard to say, but I'm not counting on it.  I haven't asked because that isn't really a "band issue."  It's an issue with tour booking and promotion, and I don't really know the people that handle that.  But I get the sense that there isn't a huge market for them here.  This isn't a very big city, and I'm not sure they could fill a moderate sized hall.  And we don't really have anything that fits the size of venue they usually book that will book a metal show.  I think they're content to just go with what has worked.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #873 on: May 02, 2019, 08:29:47 AM »

That's hilarious  :lol

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #874 on: May 02, 2019, 08:35:01 AM »

Where you at the after show?

Nope I was out by the buses getting consumed by mosquitoes heh, but I met some after show people there who told me only JR and MM showed up.