News:

Untethered Angel official video:  https://youtu.be/gylxuO6dKOw

Main Menu

Treasure Hunt

Started by Freddy Jacobi, July 11, 2018, 09:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucasembarbosa

RMGadelha

I loved both snippets, but I am actually liking song #10 way more!

TheLordOfTheStrings

Quote from: RMGadelha on November 02, 2018, 01:27:54 PM
Quote from: lucasembarbosa on November 02, 2018, 01:18:32 PM
Can we already go back to the barbecue thread or create a net DOT thread?  :metal

Yeah! It would also be good to create a separate thread for the NA tour, because it's kiiiiiind of annoying for the other regions when all you read on the new album thread is about the tour.
You jelly?

dream75

Quote from: noxon on November 02, 2018, 12:33:05 PM
Quote from: rab7 on November 02, 2018, 12:22:55 PM
Can anyone explain how the last few puzzles led back to the SFAM puzzle page?

If you called the digits of the distance over time math puzzles (get it), you'd hear a phone message saying "close your eyes and begin to relax"

So as I thought it's a phone number 😁

TheLordOfTheStrings

It's so cool that they did this. They must have decided to just embrace the fans pulling out the CSI filters and such and just thought, "what the fuck". 😉

Another_Won

Quote from: dream75 on November 02, 2018, 02:28:19 PM
Quote from: noxon on November 02, 2018, 12:33:05 PM
Quote from: rab7 on November 02, 2018, 12:22:55 PM
Can anyone explain how the last few puzzles led back to the SFAM puzzle page?

If you called the digits of the distance over time math puzzles (get it), you'd hear a phone message saying "close your eyes and begin to relax"

So as I thought it's a phone number 😁
Is the number like this?  585-310-2?90 Not sure about one of the digits.

TheLordOfTheStrings

Not sure what happened here... Ignore.

noxon

The treasure hunt was my idea, which I proposed to JP in march at the G3 tour. I worked closely with all the people you see in the credits for the treasure hunt to make it all work.

gzarruk

Quote from: noxon on November 02, 2018, 03:37:08 PM
The treasure hunt was my idea, which I proposed to JP in march at the G3 tour. I worked closely with all the people you see in the credits for the treasure hunt to make it all work.

:hefdaddy

Another_Won

Quote from: gzarruk on November 02, 2018, 03:39:34 PM

:hefdaddy
YES!  Really great job noxon!  :tup

TheLordOfTheStrings

You're a fuckin legend.

TH1RT3EN

I feel betrayed, but at least we can pinpoint the exact moment of betrayal.

dream75

You are always the number one  :metal :hefdaddy

ReaperKK

I'm going to the charlotte show, nice to see them come around here. I wonder when tickets will go on sale.

TheLordOfTheStrings

I'm really interested to hear about JP's reaction to the idea. Was he immediately on board and excited about it? Or did it take any convincing??

gzarruk

Now I want to know what's the story behind "Vail Renovations"

noxon

It wasn't much work to convince them at all.

The part about the Vail Renovations was originally thought to have it be a "stalker" who'd worked at the studio DT was at, sneaking about around the studio when they were making the record, changing some text here, hiding some code there. He would have the key as he was still working on stuff there...

But then you guys figured out where the studio actually was, and we quickly figured out it would be dumb to do that story as then we'd maybe get copycats :P Can you imagine if some fan came running up to the studio? But the game was already designed at that point, so we didn't want to rework a lot of stuff.

bosk1

Yup.  I can now confirm that Noxon is Freddy.  But I get credit for finding and coming up with his avatar.  :D

noxon

Well, to be fair, a lot of people were Freddy - not just me. There was a whole team acting as Freddy in different settings. I was but one of them ;)

I did create most of the puzzles though, with great help from Maddi coming up with the clues from the studio.

bosk1

Well, okay, but you were Freddy Prime.

TH1RT3EN

THEY PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE

bosk1

gzarruk

Quote from: noxon on November 02, 2018, 04:52:04 PM
It wasn't much work to convince them at all.

The part about the Vail Renovations was originally thought to have it be a "stalker" who'd worked at the studio DT was at, sneaking about around the studio when they were making the record, changing some text here, hiding some code there. He would have the key as he was still working on stuff there...

But then you guys figured out where the studio actually was, and we quickly figured out it would be dumb to do that story as then we'd maybe get copycats :P Can you imagine if some fan came running up to the studio? But the game was already designed at that point, so we didn't want to rework a lot of stuff.

You did a lot of work for this :hefdaddy

About the bolded part, people here also found out the "secret" studio location for SOA recording sessions and the whole lineup before Mike wanted to reveal it and triggered him to  the point he started banning/blocking people like crazy, what did you expect? :lol

Weymolith

Quote from: bosk1 on November 02, 2018, 05:09:34 PM
And you loved it.

"In case you haven't caught on, Noxon just slipped his dick down your throat and you thanked him for it."

RaiseTheKnife

Great job, Noxon!  I am very impressed with the level of mystery and challenge you (and the team) imbued into each puzzle.  It was a fun ride.

goo-goo

So whats the code that needs to be entered along with your info for the raffle?

noxon

If you don't know, then you don't have a special code ;) enter blank

Ben_Jamin

This was fun...hope to see more videos. and hopefully, a single within the month.

gzarruk

Quote from: Ben_Jamin on November 02, 2018, 06:42:42 PM
This was fun...hope to see more videos. and hopefully, a single within the month.

I think we'll get the single in 1-2 weeks.

Nathan Explosion

Quote from: noxon on November 02, 2018, 04:52:04 PM

But then you guys figured out where the studio actually was,

Oops, I'm really very sorry about the trouble that caused, I was just hyped about them being back in the studio and people were wondering if it was bear tracks studios and a quick Google search brought up that studio. Great job on this whole treasure hunt!

YtseJamittaja

This whole puzzle was awesome Noxon! Much respect :hefdaddy

We need a new freddy emoji for :noxon: !! Bosk?