News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

Treasure Hunt

Started by Freddy Jacobi, July 11, 2018, 09:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxon

Quote from: rab7 on November 02, 2018, 12:22:55 PM
Can anyone explain how the last few puzzles led back to the SFAM puzzle page?

If you called the digits of the distance over time math puzzles (get it), you'd hear a phone message saying "close your eyes and begin to relax"

gzarruk

I'm willing to bet "Distance Over Time" is the song with Mangini's lyrics.

RMGadelha

Quote from: gzarruk on November 02, 2018, 12:36:40 PM
I'm willing to bet "Distance Over Time" is the song with Mangini's lyrics.

His first song lyricwise becoming the album title? That would actually be really cool!

geeeemo

Omgosh!! so Excited!! Picking my dates...wonder if it coincides with the Dream I had last night with JP in it.... :-\

Ben_Jamin

I'm excited right now. Snippet was heavy and JLBs vocals sounded great. Can't wait for the first song release. I'll likely also hit up either the Denver or Dallas date.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Destiny Of Chaos

Well that sounded amazing

geeeemo

Think a road trip is in order.  LA on Fri and then SFO on Sunday!! :metal

bosk1

Quote from: gzarruk on November 02, 2018, 12:16:23 PM
That tour announcement makes me think they'll play SFAM entirely?
;)  It is going to be especially special.

raggashaggas

!!!! so is the new record like SFAM pt II or something???

gzarruk

Quote from: raggashaggas on November 02, 2018, 12:54:58 PM

That's Nicholas' skull on the cover

TAC

Are they really going to play SFAM in its entirety? I hope not.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

RaiseTheKnife

Whoo-hoo -- back-to-back Los Angeles dates!

Celebrating SFAM?  Didn't we sort of do this 2014?  :\

Mladen

rab7

Quote from: RaiseTheKnife on November 02, 2018, 12:57:05 PM
Whoo-hoo -- back-to-back Los Angeles dates!

Celebrating SFAM?  Didn't we sort of do this 2014?  :\

That was celebrating Awake mostly, with the encore honoring SFAM's 15th anniversary.

This is the 20th anniversary, so it'll most likely be more than the 4 songs.

lucasembarbosa

Quote from: gzarruk on November 02, 2018, 12:55:21 PM
Quote from: raggashaggas on November 02, 2018, 12:54:58 PM

That's Nicholas' skull on the cover

Hamlet's reference... Pull Me Under Pt. II - SFAM PT3 - Tetradecavarium confirmed

Btw, they have so much potential... So much fresh stuff to present... It will be the third tour in the last  four tours that an older album is revisited. DT is bigger than this, IMO. They played a considerable part of SFAM during DT12 tour. Hope they bring it with different elements that enrich the experience, more than just 'playing the entire album'.

gzarruk

I wonder when are they going to share the news on their official social media accounts. I've been sharing the news but people think it's fake :lol

Samsara

Cool little teaser. Looking forward to the record and tour.

RMGadelha

Quote from: gzarruk on November 02, 2018, 01:04:07 PM
I wonder when are they going to share the news on their official social media accounts. I've been sharing the news but people think it's fake :lol

Dude, stop sharing JLB's new solo album as DT stuff!  :rollin

bosk1

lucasembarbosa

Quote from: RMGadelha on November 02, 2018, 01:08:46 PM
Quote from: gzarruk on November 02, 2018, 01:04:07 PM

Dude, stop sharing JLB's new solo album as DT stuff!  :rollin

:rollin :rollin

noxon

Part of the fun of the game is letting the fans share it virally. That's why it's not on DTs sites yet.

Bertielee

Quote from: noxon on November 02, 2018, 01:12:38 PM
Part of the fun of the game is letting the fans share it virally. That's why it's not on DTs sites yet.

And I love this.

lucasembarbosa

Can we already go back to the barbecue thread or create a net DOT thread?  :metal

gzarruk

Quote from: noxon on November 02, 2018, 01:12:38 PM

I get it, but people see this https://37311319.com/final.php?share=true and think it's just a spam link :lol

I sent it to a friend and he said "dude, that link looks weird, what is it?", and he's my friend, imagine some random people on FB groups looking at my post and thinking it's just fan art with a spam link :P

Bertielee

Btw, there's a number on the skull, 137. Wonder what it means.

B.Lee

lucasembarbosa

Quote from: jonny108 on November 02, 2018, 12:13:06 PM

I wonder if the artist who created this is the same one from TA. Looks pretty similar. And very good, btw.

RMGadelha

Quote from: lucasembarbosa on November 02, 2018, 01:18:32 PM
Can we already go back to the barbecue thread or create a net DOT thread?  :metal

Yeah! It would also be good to create a separate thread for the NA tour, because it's kiiiiiind of annoying for the other regions when all you read on the new album thread is about the tour.

Renzo

Quote from: RMGadelha on November 02, 2018, 12:28:18 PM
Quote from: Renzo on November 02, 2018, 12:21:18 PM
And now we wait for the tracklist and the dates of the European Tour  :metal :metal :metal

I suppose the tracklist is coming with the big official announcement, maybe. That should be pretty soon I suppose.

Hype is still high  :metal

Ninjabait

Quote from: Bertielee on November 02, 2018, 01:19:19 PM

B.Lee

Plot twist: the treasure hunt's actually not over. Now it's just Phase II

Bertielee

Quote from: Ninjabait on November 02, 2018, 01:53:25 PM
Quote from: Bertielee on November 02, 2018, 01:19:19 PM

B.Lee

Plot twist: the treasure hunt's actually not over. Now it's just Phase II

Oh, nose!  :lol

SeRoX

"Don't be afraid of letting go, open your heart, be set free..."

Sounds kind of Outcry but a bit heavier.