News:

The staff at DTF wish to remind you all that a firm grasp of the rules of Yahtzee can save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  Be safe out there.

Main Menu

Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?

Started by The Walrus, November 03, 2017, 07:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

I used to hide in the round clothing racks.  Perfect hiding spots.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Quote from: kingshmegland on August 29, 2018, 03:20:17 PM
I used to hide in the round clothing racks.  Perfect hiding spots.

Yup.

My brother and I used to have gun fights with sock hangers. We called them eenie guns.

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

The Walrus

It's like Christmas at my grandparents' all over again.

King Postwhore

Quote from: Kattelox on August 29, 2018, 05:08:01 PM

Come here.  Reach in my pocket for a nickel.   

Adami

Quote from: kingshmegland on August 29, 2018, 05:42:20 PM

King.........do you need to talk to someone about this?
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

The Walrus

I need an adult! A different adult!

King Postwhore

Zook

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

cramx3

My christmas's are a bit different than this...

King Postwhore

Your lucky I had change already when we parked. :lol

cramx3

jingle.boy

Quote from: cramx3 on August 30, 2018, 03:56:45 AM

"Marc, come here and unzip Grampie's pants" ??
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

King Postwhore

Stadler

Quote from: jingle.boy on August 30, 2018, 05:15:03 AM
Quote from: cramx3 on August 30, 2018, 03:56:45 AM

"Marc, come here and unzip Grampie's pants" ??

HAHAHA.  That got my computer a face full of coffee. 

cramx3

The Walrus

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Indiscipline

Scenes from a Vacation:

Wife: "Alex, what the fock are you doing there?"

Me: "A message board, music stuff. Good people."

Wife:"Really?"

Me: "Sure, come read. See? They even worry about your car at the parking lot, and the rogue carts and  ... SHITFOCK!"

*Pretends iPad failure*

bosk1

Indiscipline

Bosk, hit me hard, how many internet devices have you destroyed due to my Scenes thread alone?

The Walrus

bosk1

Quote from: Indiscipline on August 30, 2018, 08:56:16 AM
Bosk, hit me hard, how many internet devices have you destroyed due to my Scenes thread alone?

:lol  Counting my work computer?

King Postwhore

My wife calls you all nerds and she's met a ton of you. Lol

cramx3

pg1067

Quote from: bosk1 on August 29, 2018, 03:12:40 PM
That actually sounds a lot like a store we used to have out here called Gemco.  In fact, the one I had near me was actually replaced by a Target in that same location after Gemco went under.  I don't think anybody had yet heard of Target, so that was interesting.  And, yeah, Gemco had music too.  I remember seeing Y&T cassettes there, but can't remember if I actually bought any.  I got most or all of them from The Wherehouse.

I remember Gemco and Fedco (wasn't it the case for a while that only persons with certain jobs could become "members" of Fedco?)....and Service Merchandise and Best Products.  Going back even further, I remember Zody's and Kress (although both of those were gone before I was a teenager.  I probably failed to put shopping carts in the corrals at all of those places!  Mwahahahahaha!

bosk1

Quote from: pg1067 on August 30, 2018, 10:58:05 AM
That actually sounds a lot like a store we used to have out here called Gemco.  In fact, the one I had near me was actually replaced by a Target in that same location after Gemco went under.  I don't think anybody had yet heard of Target, so that was interesting.  And, yeah, Gemco had music too.  I remember seeing Y&T cassettes there, but can't remember if I actually bought any.  I got most or all of them from The Wherehouse.

I remember Gemco and Fedco (wasn't it the case for a while that only persons with certain jobs could become "members" of Fedco?)....and Service Merchandise and Best Products.  Going back even further, I remember Zody's and Kress (although both of those were gone before I was a teenager.  I probably failed to put shopping carts int he corrals at all of those places!  Mwahahahahaha!

I vaguely remember Fedco.  There was a building literally across the street from the Gemco I mentioned that started as a Service Merchandise and then was taken over by Best.  The first company I was aware of that had that model of using a catalog to order at the counter and they would bring you your stuff was Consumers (I forget their whole name).  Back when Kenner launched the first 12 Star Wars action figures (after the first four were only available through the Early Bird pack, which I had), my great grandmother would take me to Consumers every time I managed to save up my $2.15 to buy another action figure.  I got 11 of the first twelve.  Never did find that Sandpeople figure.  And I had the cloth robed Jawa, not the original vinyl one.  (the cloth one looked a LOT better, but the other one was worth more since it was more rare)  Anyhow...

Never heard of Zody's and Kress.  Maybe they didn't have them up here.

Stadler

Here in New England it was Woolworth's, Caldor and Service Merchandise.   There was a Sears, but that was classy, and Kresge's, which became Kmart (and now actually Kmart and Sears are co-owned) but the big three (at least where I was) was Woolworth's, Caldor and Service Merchandise. 

pg1067

Quote from: bosk1 on August 30, 2018, 11:12:13 AM
Quote from: pg1067 on August 30, 2018, 10:58:05 AM

I remember Gemco and Fedco (wasn't it the case for a while that only persons with certain jobs could become "members" of Fedco?)....and Service Merchandise and Best Products.  Going back even further, I remember Zody's and Kress (although both of those were gone before I was a teenager.  I probably failed to put shopping carts int he corrals at all of those places!  Mwahahahahaha!

I vaguely remember Fedco.  There was a building literally across the street from the Gemco I mentioned that started as a Service Merchandise and then was taken over by Best.  The first company I was aware of that had that model of using a catalog to order at the counter and they would bring you your stuff was Consumers (I forget their whole name).  Back when Kenner launched the first 12 Star Wars action figures (after the first four were only available through the Early Bird pack, which I had), my great grandmother would take me to Consumers every time I managed to save up my $2.15 to buy another action figure.  I got 11 of the first twelve.  Never did find that Sandpeople figure.  And I had the cloth robed Jawa, not the original vinyl one.  (the cloth one looked a LOT better, but the other one was worth more since it was more rare)  Anyhow...

Never heard of Zody's and Kress.  Maybe they didn't have them up here.

Not to get off track, but do you still have any of that original Star Wars merch?

Zody's was Socal based, and there were stores in CA, NV, AZ and NM (as well as Michigan after a bad acquisition).  There was a Kress in Berkeley, but I think most/all Zody's and Kress stores were gone by the early 80s.

Quote from: Stadler on August 30, 2018, 11:14:56 AM
Here in New England it was Woolworth's, Caldor and Service Merchandise.   There was a Sears, but that was classy, and Kresge's, which became Kmart (and now actually Kmart and Sears are co-owned) but the big three (at least where I was) was Woolworth's, Caldor and Service Merchandise. 

I remember a lot of the commercials for K-Tel compilation albums would have tags that talked about them being available at Woolworth and Woolco stores.

At some point in the mid/late-80s, I bought a semi-auto rifle (a Ruger Mini-14) at Service Merchandise.  My how times have changed.

cramx3

Quote from: Stadler on August 30, 2018, 11:14:56 AM

I remember service merchandise as a kid, and the local kmart is gone now and sears should be gone soon as well. 

bosk1

Quote from: pg1067 on August 30, 2018, 11:27:14 AMNot to get off track, but do you still have any of that original Star Wars merch?

Don't I wish!

The Walrus

Just go buy more. Fill a cart full of them, even...  :biggrin:

King Postwhore

Quote from: bosk1 on August 30, 2018, 11:31:15 AM
Quote from: pg1067 on August 30, 2018, 11:27:14 AMNot to get off track, but do you still have any of that original Star Wars merch?

Don't I wish!

My brother has his 1st edition Millennium Falcon.  Thing is 3 feet.  He never takes it out anymore.