The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls

Started by Nick, February 25, 2015, 10:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Old one here: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=65.0

Honorary OP: TAC

**********DO NOT POST INFO ABOUT THE NEW ALBUM.  THERE IS A DEDICATED THREAD FOR THAT*****************

bosk1

Nick, why do you keep locking active threads and starting new ones after I have repeatedly said not to do so?  This is getting really annoying.

Zydar

theseoafs

hav uguys ever heard of the numbor of the beast? it's pretty good

cramx3

Quote from: theseoafs on February 25, 2015, 10:59:53 AM
hav uguys ever heard of the numbor of the beast? it's pretty good

Yea Dream Theater is a good band

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

sneakyblueberry

wolfking

Mosh

TAC

Quote from: wolfking on February 26, 2015, 02:40:42 PM
That thread title pisses me off!
Yeah and the fact that I've been the OP to the Iron Maiden thread since 2008!
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

bosk1

jjrock88

Zydar

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on February 26, 2015, 02:59:52 PM
Quote from: wolfking on February 26, 2015, 02:40:42 PM
That thread title pisses me off!
Yeah and the fact that I've been the OP to the Iron Maiden thread since 2008!

Yeah, does that does suck bro.

Happy Birthday H.  One of my all time greatest influences on the guitar, amazing player.

jjrock88

wolfking

Saw an ad yesterday for a new movie called Seventh Son.  I wonder if Maiden will get on the soundtrack or anything.  Doubt it though.

cramx3

Zydar

cramx3

Wow amazing news  :metal :metal

I thought there was a good chance they had secretly recorded an album, but with the news of Bruce's cancer I thought it was possible that got scrapped or pushed back since there was never any official announcement of anything.  Well I guess it is still getting pushed back, but from the wording, it sounds like its already completed. 

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Yea I was wondering, did he mean as in finished completly or to actually start recording the songs??

cramx3

Quote from: MrBoom_shack-a-lack on February 27, 2015, 07:53:09 AM
Yea I was wondering, did he mean as in finished completly or to actually start recording the songs??

Its vague, but "ready to go" to me means its recorded and given they had that christmas card with Eddie in the studio, that would make sense and its possible Bruce recorded the vocals before he noticed he had cancer.  BUt thats all speculation on my part. 

jjrock88

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

sneakyblueberry

Shitchyess new album. 

Quote from: wolfking on February 27, 2015, 03:17:24 AM
Happy Birthday H.  One of my all time greatest influences on the guitar, amazing player.

Seconded. HBH

wolfking

TAC

Zydar

"Bruce has asked me to thank everyone for their tremendous support and kind wishes. He has been extremely touched and encouraged by the genuine and affectionate response from our global family of Maiden fans.

Radiology is cumulative and continues to build in the body for around three weeks after treatment, so even though Bruce's seven week course is completed, he's had a long period of considerable pain and discomfort. He is happily now starting to recuperate and the pain will continue to abate and the swelling to reduce for the next couple of months at which time he will be able take an MRI scan. It is not until then that we will have full confirmation that the cancer has been completely destroyed. However prognosis continues to be extremely good and everyone is optimistic for a full recovery. Following the scan, we will officially update you on our website at the appropriate time, probably in late May.

After that, it will take a few more months for Bruce to get back to full fitness. Naturally the rest of the band are totally supportive and Maiden's plans will be determined by Bruce's progress.
Please continue your positive thoughts. They are very much appreciated.

Thanks
Rod Smallwood"

wolfking

This whole thing sucks.  Keep your head up Bruce, get well.

TAC

Good to get an update. Hopefully things continue to improve.

jjrock88

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Get well Bruce!!

In the mean time let's enjoy some great moments from Mr Airsiren himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKTRxkQnRG8

cramx3

Quote from: MrBoom_shack-a-lack on March 06, 2015, 02:58:58 AM
Get well Bruce!!

In the mean time let's enjoy some great moments from Mr Airsiren himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKTRxkQnRG8

Love the power outage during Powerslave moment at MSG. Mostly because I was there and somewhat backstage atm, but also because of the coincidence.