Author Topic: NFL Thread 2015 v. Please make deflategate posts in the thread named for it  (Read 257615 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: NFL Thread 2015 v. Please make deflategate posts in the thread named for it
« Reply #4725 on: February 07, 2016, 08:03:20 PM »
Wow, Cam didn't attemp to jump on the ball lol

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4726 on: February 07, 2016, 08:07:29 PM »
What's up with Cam backing away from the fumble???
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #4727 on: February 07, 2016, 08:09:53 PM »
Is it just me, or did this game lack something in the excitement department.  It just never felt like a Super Bowl.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4728 on: February 07, 2016, 08:14:05 PM »
I am just LOLing right now at those who thought Carolina would score 30+ in this game. :big grin:

2 minutes to go, but what a defensive effort!!!!  :tup :tup

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #4729 on: February 07, 2016, 08:24:01 PM »
Congratulations to Kev and every Broncos fan out there right now. You all deserved it.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4730 on: February 07, 2016, 08:24:57 PM »
Is it just me, or did this game lack something in the excitement department.  It just never felt like a Super Bowl.

I'm having a tough time coming up with an MVP.   I'll bet we get another defensive player.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4731 on: February 07, 2016, 08:27:02 PM »
It's gotta be Von Miller.

Thanks, TheCountOfNYC. :)

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
  • Take me far away, to the ends of this earth.
« Reply #4732 on: February 07, 2016, 08:28:04 PM »
Congratulations to Kev and every Broncos fan out there right now. You all deserved it.
:lol
Enjoyed it very much  :corn
Can't wait for the reactions tomorrow. Majority of my school went like Panthers!

When asked why, they said: "Undefeated.....or almost undefeated."
A few were actual Panther fans.
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth nads candy sweet.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4733 on: February 07, 2016, 08:29:40 PM »

Ditto. That was an awesome.... awesome defensive performance. Happy for Manning for getting his second ring, having that defense to lean on certainly prevented him from another postseason failure. 

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #4734 on: February 07, 2016, 08:48:36 PM »
So what does everybody have planned for the Super Bowl?
60 pound whole hog in the smoker in a bit. 3-10 pound briskets as well. Chili, tacos, etc. 40 people coming over Sunday. We(about 8 of us) start today once the smoker gets lit (in 15 minutes). Sit in the yard tonite , beverages, cigars, fire pit(a bit cold here in Jersey). An annual tradition going on the 25th year. It is a 2 day event.

Score:
Peyton is my favorite player ever. Ever since his college days. This is a tuff one. I would love to see Peyton and Bronc's win. But :

Panthers 24
Broncos 10.

You nailed it! Oh wait . . .

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4735 on: February 07, 2016, 09:02:37 PM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4736 on: February 07, 2016, 09:05:13 PM »
Haha, I noticed that, too.  The entire Manning family is going crazy except for Eli, who looked like he just ate a shit sandwich.  :lol :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4737 on: February 07, 2016, 09:09:23 PM »
And Cam Newton is gonna have a tough time now living down that fumble.  As tough a player he is, not even trying to dive on that ball was awful. Super Bowl is on the line and you look afraid to dive on a loose ball?  When you are that big and tough?  AWFUL.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #4738 on: February 07, 2016, 09:13:24 PM »
Yup. He just bailed Pete Carroll out BIG TIME cuz this is the new IT thing to talk about with recent Super Bowl idiotic mistakes (though I never faulted Pete for his call anyway but that's a different story for a different time that I have zero interest in debating.)
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
« Reply #4739 on: February 07, 2016, 09:14:30 PM »
Haha, I noticed that, too.  The entire Manning family is going crazy except for Eli, who looked like he just ate a shit sandwich.  :lol :lol

:lol :lol
Saw that too. Was pretty hilarious!
You deserved it Shmev. May your Bronco's win next year!
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth nads candy sweet.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4740 on: February 07, 2016, 09:16:21 PM »
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
« Reply #4741 on: February 07, 2016, 09:17:17 PM »
Now, I guess the majority of the attention will be directed to the NBA All Star game?
Should be pretty interestin, but wrong thread...

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #4742 on: February 07, 2016, 09:17:46 PM »
Prediction…
Carolina 50
Denver 3

Oh wait, you mean they actually had to play the game?  :rollin :rollin :rollin GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!

This is the sweetest victory I've experienced as a Broncos fan. Granted, I was too young for the Elway SB wins. I just love how people said this was going to be a repeat of the Seattle Super Bowl. They beat Brady, but there was just no way they were going to stop Cam. Defense wins championships.  :hefdaddy

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4743 on: February 07, 2016, 09:18:10 PM »
How many more days til spring training?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4744 on: February 07, 2016, 09:20:43 PM »
Well... what a game.  Good game, of course topped off with a very good outcome. :fistpump:  I do think that Carolina got the worse part of the penalties and calls - and that "catch" just before the strip/sack/TD absolutely was a catch.  I swear the on-field officials just go to the CBS feed and say "what does Creary think?  Ok, let's call the opposite".  :lol  I think the officiating overall was pretty bad - seriously, what does it take to get an Intentional Grounding call?  Once Cam wasn't even outside the tackle's, and a second time he didn't throw it to the line of scrimmage.  None-the-less, I still think Carolina ended up on the (slightly) short end of the bad officiating.

But still... that Defense!?!?!?   :omg:  Nance called it at the start - 9 out of 11 #1 defenses that made it to the SB, won the SB.  I'm a convert 100% now - defense will trump offense.  And (to pat myself on the back), it was the turnover battle that also contributed to that win.  I don't think Carolina's O-line can take the blame - Denver's D-line is just... that .... awesome.  To basically :pwnt: both NE and Carolina the way they did.... amazing.

Congrats to Carolina, Hef and the rest of their fans for an amazing season.  I will say I think their future is brighter than Denver's.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #4745 on: February 07, 2016, 09:21:55 PM »
Congrats to the Broncos. Defense dominated from the start and never let up.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #4746 on: February 07, 2016, 09:42:40 PM »
Yeah it really was an incredible performance by the defense. The number one offense once again got destroyed by the number one defense in the Super Bowl. I'm just glad my team was on the good side this time  :lol

Offline Skeever

« Reply #4747 on: February 07, 2016, 10:02:21 PM »
Congrats to the Broncos. Also, congrats to Manning - he looked like a caretaker QB, as he did most of this season, but way to tough it out and step back and simply trust the team. Perfect fadeaway performance for Manning.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4748 on: February 07, 2016, 11:33:17 PM »

Said no Mariners fan ever, until now apparently.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline dparrott

« Reply #4749 on: February 07, 2016, 11:38:41 PM »

23!!!

Phil Simms made a good point: the Panthers didn't expect the Broncos defense to be that fast, and they never faced a defense like them before.  But the Broncos offense were not that great either.  And Carolina also blew it with penalties and overthrows.  Disaster.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #4750 on: February 08, 2016, 12:02:32 AM »
They blew it by turning the ball over inside their own 5 twice. Not sure that's ever happened in a Super Bowl. Also, we'll never know how a dude that routinely scrums with defensive linemen just to gain three extra yards suddenly decides his own very recoverable fumble isn't worth diving for. People can say what they wanna about which team got the more raw deal from the officials but I wonder if the fact that he got away with at least 2 pretty clear intentional grounding calls gave him some kind of false sense of security that the refs would call his empty arm going forward an incomplete pass thus making the dive for the fumble a frivolous risk.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline PetFish

« Reply #4751 on: February 08, 2016, 02:53:13 AM »
Y'all can thank my Peyton Manning shrine for the win!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4752 on: February 08, 2016, 03:16:35 AM »
That defense is nasty!  Congrats to Kev and the Broncos.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4753 on: February 08, 2016, 04:48:55 AM »
While it is clear that a couple of very questionable calls went against the Panthers that shouldn't have, for the most part the problem was that the Denver defense played better than the Carolina offense last night.  A bitter pill to swallow, especially when our defense played well enough to win.

Congrats to the Broncos.  They earned it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4754 on: February 08, 2016, 05:24:10 AM »
While it is clear that a couple of very questionable calls went against the Panthers that shouldn't have, for the most part the problem was that the Denver defense played better than the Carolina offense last night.  A bitter pill to swallow, especially when our defense played well enough to win.

Congrats to the Broncos.  They earned it.

Great point by both you and Josh about Carolina's defense playing well enough to win.  They only gave up 16 points (and 7 from a 5-yard field - which took 2 sets of downs for Denver to score because of that hold), forced (I think) a record number of 3 & out's, and were fantastic on 3rd down all night.  The other big miscue was the missed "non" fair catch.  That tackler had his arms around Norwood, and then let got.  He clearly thought it was a fair catch.  Ballsy play by Norwood not to signal one on such a short kick.

You look at the box-score, and would have trouble understanding how Denver got 24 points.  As I had figured would be necessary, the intangibles is what also helped Denver.  Still though... that Defense.  I think the secondary has to get some kudo's, as Cam could never find anyone open, which allowed that D-line to constantly get to him.  I thought Bradley Roby was a machine all playoffs.  Came up with a lot of big PD's

I hope Elway can keep that Defense together.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4755 on: February 08, 2016, 05:45:16 AM »

For the most part, this.  Game was a defensive struggle so you never got the big sparks of offensive, but for me, the commercials were mostly terrible.  I feel like every year the commercials get worse.  Halftime show wasn't bad though. 

Denver's defense, enough said.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4756 on: February 08, 2016, 05:50:33 AM »
Yep, Carolina's defense played lights out, too, but it shows you how awesome the Broncos defense played when you consider that they were going against the number 1 offense with the MVP, the Broncos offense amassed less than 200 yards of total offense, yet they still won by 14.  This is on the list of most dominating defensive SB performances ever ('85 Bears and '00 Ravens still at the top, but this is alongside the '13 Seahawks and '02 Bucs).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4757 on: February 08, 2016, 05:54:02 AM »
In the age of free agency.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4758 on: February 08, 2016, 05:54:37 AM »
And thanks again to everyone for the well wishes and congratulations. I still can't believe it.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4759 on: February 08, 2016, 06:19:19 AM »