News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Biggest Dream Theater online community since 2007.

Main Menu

The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!

Started by bl5150, September 21, 2014, 04:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfking

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

jjrock88

Saw that Joel Hoekstra from Whitesnake is now playing in Accept. 

TAC

Quote from: jjrock88 on January 11, 2024, 06:26:40 PM

Yeah, he's going to do a tour. Not sure why Wolf feels like he needs three guitarists in the band.

Also, I'm ready for some new Accept music.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on January 11, 2024, 06:28:41 PM
Quote from: jjrock88 on January 11, 2024, 06:26:40 PM

Yeah, he's going to do a tour. Not sure why Wolf feels like he needs three guitarists in the band.

Also, I'm ready for some new Accept music.

Strange fit but easy money I guess.

Wait.....since when have they had 3 guitarists?  lol, wtf gotta look taht up.

wolfking

Since 2019 apparently.  Has it been that longed since I've watched some footage?  Didn't even realise that when I picked up the last album either.

That makes no sense, Wolf is really the only lead player.  The only benefit it would have would to some rhythm under the harmonies but it's never needed IMO.

Also Tim, yeah the Satans' Fall album, I listened to it again today in the car when out and yeah, there's a few songs there that totally scream recent Accept, the second track especially.  Dead ringer.

jjrock88

The band also announced that Mark is now officially the longest serving singer of Accept.  That is mind boggling.

Mark has done a great job, but Balls to the Wall, Restless and Wild and Metal Heart are my go to's for the band.

wolfking

Quote from: jjrock88 on January 11, 2024, 07:10:06 PM
The band also announced that Mark is now officially the longest serving singer of Accept.  That is mind boggling.

Mark has done a great job, but Balls to the Wall, Restless and Wild and Metal Heart are my go to's for the band.

Wow, that is kinda crazy when you think about it.

Metal Heart is so fucking good.  :metal

TAC

jjrock88

wolfking

Quote from: jjrock88 on January 12, 2024, 08:29:45 AM
Midnight Mover is a pretty difficult video to watch lol

Lol, I don't think I've seen it.  I'll have to check it out.

TAC

Yeah, I don't remember it.

I can do without Screaming For A Lovebite, but everything else is aces.

Lowdz

Quote from: wolfking on January 09, 2024, 11:39:01 AM
Quote from: Lowdz on January 09, 2024, 10:31:07 AM
I was never much of a fan of TS to be honest. They were just too basic, and this coming from a KISS fan! That Widowmaker album is quality though.

Hey Paul!!  Good to see you, hope you are well.

I am mate, thanks. Don't get around here much these days. Not online much ata all really. Life has got busy. Hope the gang is all well.

TAC

TAC

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on January 16, 2024, 01:36:24 PM
New Saxon video.

There's Something In Roswell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-xgVaQX4Hk

:metal

Looks like we are in for another killer album!  :metal

Loved that solo section.  Dudes in their 60s and 70s singing a heavy metal song about aliens.  What's not to like here?  :metal

Podaar

Quote from: wolfking on January 17, 2024, 03:24:54 AM
New Saxon video.

Loved that solo section.  Dudes in their 60s and 70s singing a heavy metal song about aliens.  What's not to like here?  :metal

Yet when DT does it, it's lame or cheesy.  ::)

TAC

Quote from: Podaar on January 17, 2024, 04:22:12 AM
New Saxon video.

Which DT song are we talking about? If you're talking The Alien, that's a totally different subject matter. Plus, I rate The Alien at #16 in my DT Top 100!

I have to admit, when I saw the title, There's Something In Roswell, I kind of cringed. Other than the chorus, this song kicks ass though. The verses are classic Saxon.

But back to the title and subject, I feel the same thing about Hangar 18. I do find the subject matter cheesy.

wolfking

Quote from: Podaar on January 17, 2024, 04:22:12 AM
New Saxon video.

I was just having a bit of a laugh.  Plus, I personally have never had an issue with the lyrics to The Alien.  Plus it even cracked my you 100.

Like Tim said, the subject matter is still a bit cheesy, hence my tongue in cheek statement in the first place, but who gives a fuck hey.

LithoJazzoSphere

I always find the "cheesy" accusation amusing given a lot of people's favorite artists here, and even the house band a decent amount of the time. 

Indiscipline

TAC

wolfking

TAC

Found this Biff Byford interview by Rodrigo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVu7pr_HKA4

@ Rodrigo...nice job with the interview. Biff sounded pretty engaged, so kudos because you're probably the 2 millionth guy to interview him!  Love the conversation around the 90's time period.

Also, I thought you were younger than you actually are.

wolfking

I'll check that out a bit later.

The new album is solid as fuck, really enjoying it.  Feels more straight ahead and a bit stripped down and less metal than the last couple but it's great.  Love the addition of Brian.  His leads a super tasty and works really well alongside Doug.

TAC

Quote from: wolfking on January 21, 2024, 03:38:23 PM
I'll check that out a bit later.

The new album is solid as fuck, really enjoying it. Feels more straight ahead and a bit stripped down and less metal than the last couple but it's great.  Love the addition of Brian.  His leads a super tasty and works really well alongside Doug.

I agree. This album hits the spot.

ozzy554

Jimmy Waldo talking about Graham Bonnet lip syncing during live shows. I had my suspicions after Graham started sounding consistently good during the videos I've seen as he was usually very hit and miss. I think he's eased up on them a bit as I've heard newer shows that certainly sound live but I'm starting to understand more and more why they took the manager's side in the split. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHGycqdGYHo

RodrigoAltaf

Quote from: TAC on January 21, 2024, 03:12:33 PM
Found this Biff Byford interview by Rodrigo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVu7pr_HKA4

@ Rodrigo...nice job with the interview. Biff sounded pretty engaged, so kudos because you're probably the 2 millionth guy to interview him!  Love the conversation around the 90's time period.

Also, I thought you were younger than you actually are.

Thanks man! And yeah, it's difficult to get the artists excited when they've talked about the album extensively. In this case, it was the last slot with Biff for the day, and he was late because the previous interview lasted too long. In other words...this interview had everything to come out terribly boring. I studied other interviews he had done and decided to ask very different questions - the one about them doing a concept album, or addressing the reality show they did a long time ago. I'm glad you liked it!

How old did you think I was? I'm 49...I guess all the running and eating right is FINALLY starting to pay off. LOL!

jingle.boy

Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!