Author Topic: 2014-03-31 - Count Basie Theatre - Red Bank, NJ  (Read 15020 times)

Offline As I Am

• Banned
Re: 2014-03-31 - Count Basie Theatre - Red Bank, NJ
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »
I don't really get why someone who would by their new albums but no longer want to see them without MP. I could understand if the new drummer made their live music suck, but MM is as good a replacement as you can get.

I agree (which is why of course I continue to go, even though I think the shows are not as good without MP), but out of my other friends who like DT (11) only one of them care to see them without MP. That's their choice I guess.  :tdwn

My opinion is that the area is over saturated with concerts since they are playing LI, NYC, NJ, and Philly in a matter of days. There's a lot of people who live here but I don't think they are big enough to have people go to all those shows and a lot of people in north jersey will see them in NYC and people in south jersey will see them in PHilly leaving the concerts in NJ lower in attendance.

It's true as well. I always felt they should do separate legs and do NY & NJ on one leg, and then LI & Philly on the other.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2014, 07:34:03 AM »
I'm not so sure they should skip NYC on any tour. The countrys biggest city and kind of their home turf.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2014, 08:04:54 PM »
I'm not so sure they should skip NYC on any tour. The countrys biggest city and kind of their home turf.

They do on just about EVERY 2nd leg! :omg:

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 08:52:31 AM »
Yeah def not looking too good... I'm sure the show will still be fun though

https://countbasietheatre.secure.force.com/ticket/#sections_a0Fi00000065oiYEAQ

I've seen them in Philly in the US and every show was packed.  I moved to Morristown, NJ a couple years ago but I've never been to Red Bank... Is it like a really out of the way place for a lot of people?

I'm also attending the NYC show and the venue that they are playing is right by NY Penn Station which is awesome.

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2014, 12:35:11 PM »
Red Bank is in the northern part of the Jersey Shore area. I guess if you live in New York or Philly it is a bit out of the way, and since they're playing both of those cities it wouldn't make much sense to go to this show. That said, it is easily accessible. The train station which is a couple blocks from the Count Basie Theater is on a line that goes right to Penn Station. For anyone in New Jersey its really easy to get to via the Parkway or 18. I don't think the location is the cause of the low sales, more likely playing the big cities so close to the date. I've lived in the area my whole life and this always happens, New Jersey has the unfortunate(or fortunate depending on how you look at it) luck of being within two huge metro areas of other states.
"Ok, these guys are only catering to the hardcore fanbase that already bought the $8000 meet and greet package complete with signed LaBrie eye patch"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2014, 12:45:10 PM »
Who wants to check out Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash before hand which is just around the corner?     ;D

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2014, 12:49:25 PM »
I've been there a few times. Its pretty cool if you're into comic books and/or Kevin Smith. Buddy Jesus is there on display and that is worth it alone.  :D
"Ok, these guys are only catering to the hardcore fanbase that already bought the $8000 meet and greet package complete with signed LaBrie eye patch"

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2014, 01:57:44 PM »
Yeah def not looking too good... I'm sure the show will still be fun though

https://countbasietheatre.secure.force.com/ticket/#sections_a0Fi00000065oiYEAQ

I've seen them in Philly in the US and every show was packed.

That is a falsehood. See my above posts.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2014, 03:59:03 PM »
Secret Stash is a pretty cool store.  While your at it, might as well go check out the church from Dogma.

Red Bank is in the northern part of the Jersey Shore area. I guess if you live in New York or Philly it is a bit out of the way, and since they're playing both of those cities it wouldn't make much sense to go to this show. That said, it is easily accessible. The train station which is a couple blocks from the Count Basie Theater is on a line that goes right to Penn Station. For anyone in New Jersey its really easy to get to via the Parkway or 18. I don't think the location is the cause of the low sales, more likely playing the big cities so close to the date. I've lived in the area my whole life and this always happens, New Jersey has the unfortunate(or fortunate depending on how you look at it) luck of being within two huge metro areas of other states.

This pretty much nails it.  Red Bank is pretty easy to get to and Main Street is really nice for shopping and bars/restuarants.  Also has a nice park along the river. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2014, 06:07:21 PM »
I'm not a comic book fan but just to check it out is cool enough. 

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2014, 07:45:28 AM »
too many shows in 2 small a region....NYC/NJ/Philly/LI

I know some people in the region go to multiple (AS I AM) but for me, with today's ticket prices and the non rotating set lists..one show is all I'll do

waiting until the night of the show before I get my ticket...don't seem like it will be a problem
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2014, 02:07:51 PM »
too many shows in 2 small a region....NYC/NJ/Philly/LI

I know some people in the region go to multiple (AS I AM) but for me, with today's ticket prices and the non rotating set lists..one show is all I'll do

waiting until the night of the show before I get my ticket...don't seem like it will be a problem

hey Bill. As of right now, there's still 667 seats left (which means 876 sold).....well, at least it's more than half sold now :facepalm:

I bought tickets for Philly, NY & NJ prior to the setlists coming out, assuming  :facepalm: that at the very least, we'd get a 3 or 4 song "A" & "B" rotating set like during the 1st leg of ADTOE tour. Well, much to my chagrin, we see that it's a static set. I've actually watched the entire show from manchester online, and I got to say, you doing one show this tour is definitely enough! I'm VERY LIKELY going to try and dump my Philly ticket (20th row center) for under cost if possible, but will still go to NYC show (hey, it's a Friday night with DT) and definitely the Red Bank show since I have 4th row in front of JP for that one.

From here on in though, it's one show for me. Without MP, and without anything special in the sets, one is all I'll need.

Hope to see you there in Red Bank. :metal

Offline sebasn777

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2014, 09:48:40 PM »
I think the show will fill up a bit more and should be around 75% capacity. It must be weird for the band to go from sold out shows in Europe to half filled theaters in USA

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2014, 08:09:36 AM »
Front row tickets now available on the CB website....hey Bill K, I'm talking to YOU! ;)

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2014, 10:11:03 AM »
Man...  :eek how are those front seats available now and wasn't before? Now I wish I waited until now to purchase the ticket  ???

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »
Man...  :eek how are those front seats available now and wasn't before? Now I wish I waited until now to purchase the ticket  ???

Same here, but also because I have more money to spend than I did when i bought my tickets.  Oh well, I should be able to get fairly close for the NYC gig if I can get there early enough.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2014, 02:06:52 PM »
Pretty pumped to see the show again after having fun in GA in NYC, time to relax from the front row of the top balcony.

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2014, 05:54:39 PM »
Can't fucking wait!

Offline SpaceRyeVest

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2014, 11:28:56 PM »
Got my tix last week and got 2nd row on Petrucci's side!

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2014, 09:21:39 AM »
Has anyone been to this theater before? Hopefully the parking situation isn't too bad around there!

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2014, 09:55:09 AM »
There's municipal parking, but, I wouldn't get there too late. It's a busy area.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2014, 10:45:37 AM »
Has anyone been to this theater before? Hopefully the parking situation isn't too bad around there!

I live close by and frequent red bank often for the bars.  There is a parking lot very close by that is free at night, but I've never had trouble parking there, but Ive never tried to park there when there was a rock concert in the evening so I honestly am not sure if that lot will fill up.  Either way, you can drive around for street parking or find some of the smaller lots that are in the area and walk over.

The tickets say doors are at 8, so does that mean DT wont go on until 9?

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2014, 11:06:45 AM »
DT should go on at 8. It's a three hour show with an intermission and I don't think they can play past 11:30.

The NYC show that I went to on Friday started at 8.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2014, 11:11:17 AM »
yes, but the doors said 7 on the ticket.  The tickets for tonight say 8 which is why I was questioning 9. Which I agree is pretty late.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2014, 11:19:19 AM »
yes, but the doors said 7 on the ticket.  The tickets for tonight say 8 which is why I was questioning 9. Which I agree is pretty late.

Yeah I hear ya.

The ticket for the NYC show said "doors open at 7", but the NJ one just says "8 PM" on the ticket and the website.

Essentially it's the same thing and showtime should be at 8 PM   :tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »

Yeah I hear ya.

The ticket for the NYC show said "doors open at 7", but the NJ one just says "8 PM" on the ticket and the website.

OOhhh, cool.  I was hoping for that to be the case. Although I may miss the intro since my brother is getting home until 730  >:(

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2014, 11:34:41 AM »

Yeah I hear ya.

OOhhh, cool.  I was hoping for that to be the case. Although I may miss the intro since my brother is getting home until 730  >:(

Yeah I missed the intro/The Enemy Inside/The Shattered Fortress on Friday...  :facepalm:

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2014, 11:43:57 AM »

I saw Kansas there maybe 10 years ago and it was sold out, which it looks like this show won't be. Parking was no problem then, and on a Monday night Red Bank isn't gonna be crazy like it is on the weekend. You should be fine.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2014, 11:51:14 AM »

I saw Kansas there maybe 10 years ago and it was sold out, which it looks like this show won't be. Parking was no problem then, and on a Monday night Red Bank isn't gonna be crazy like it is on the weekend. You should be fine.

That's good to hear. Thanks for the heads up!

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2014, 01:06:44 PM »
I'll be there and at the meet and greet!

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2014, 09:48:38 PM »
Holy fuck! Best Dream Theater show yet! Space Dye Vest  :hefdaddy

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2014, 09:53:31 PM »
Another great performance. Hoping for a second leg with a setlist change.

Offline sebasn777

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2014, 10:54:54 PM »
Amazing show. James Labrie was flawless and so was everyone. Very nice intimate venue. The only thing that was annoying was the couple in front of me was ridiculous. Instead of watching the show they would look around everywhere and be on their phones the whole time. The lady even sat down and went on facebook during the show......Why even bother coming. They left halfway through. James even made a "wtf" reaction when some guy was texting in the front row beginning of the show. Overall, it was incredible though to see them so up close. :metal

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2014, 11:15:56 PM »
Excellent show!   The band was on fire. James was nailing every note. 

Even better,  the couple next to me must have been friends with Jordan.  At the end of the show,  the woman asked if I was with the band.  When I told her no she handed me two After Show passes. Her husband said to tell Jordan that Tom said "hi and sorry that I had to go." So my friend and I got to meet John, Jordan, and James. I'll post a couple of photos tomorrow.