Author Topic: To buy or not to buy? - Images & Words vinyl  (Read 812 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
To buy or not to buy? - Images & Words vinyl
« on: July 18, 2013, 06:25:08 AM »
Just saw this one at a record store. It's the reissue, so it's no original burt I'm still very tempted to get it. I&W is my favourite DT album and although I already own the CD (twice!) this would probably be a nice addition to my vinyl collection. What say you, DTF? Should Elite splurge and get it or leave at the record store and probably never see it again?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: To buy or not to buy? - Images & Words vinyl
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 06:32:05 AM »
Just by posting this thread, you know yourself you are going back and getting it.  You won't be able to live with yourself if you let it slip through your fingers, regardless whether you really want it or not.  You just want some sort of justification.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 06:40:11 AM »
It's only good for the audio. The packaging is otherwise awful and the item is overpriced. If you'll listen to it and have disposable money, sure. If you'll mostly just look at it, no way.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 09:46:27 AM »
Just by posting this thread, you know yourself you are going back and getting it.  You won't be able to live with yourself if you let it slip through your fingers, regardless whether you really want it or not.  You just want some sort of justification.

:lol probably true.

It's only good for the audio. The packaging is otherwise awful and the item is overpriced. If you'll listen to it and have disposable money, sure. If you'll mostly just look at it, no way.

Well, I'll definitely listen to it. The packaging is indeed nothing special, but also definitely not 'awful'. As far as overpricing goes; it was actually cheaper than most of the other vinyl the store had. (granted, vinyl can be very expensive over here, but here it was not the case).

That said, I bought it and am playing it on my turntable right now. Cool stuff.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline BlastParadigm

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 09:53:38 AM »
How much did it cost? (If you're willing to tell, of course)

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 09:56:43 AM »
is it the Brookvale 2xLP or the Music on Vinyl single LP? (dunno if the latter even shipped yet.) that would be the bigger decision for me.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 10:06:22 AM »
The Music on Vinyl single LP. It cost me €20.
Squ

Offline BlastParadigm

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 10:13:08 AM »
That's pretty much what I would pay at my record shop... if they were selling it, that is!  >:(

Oh well, at least I was able to order a copy of Tubular Bells on vinyl for 3€ some days ago  :lol