Author Topic: Silent Lullaby - New DT tune! (No, not really - The Mods)  (Read 4285 times)

Offline robwebster

Re: Silent Lullaby - New DT tune! (No, not really - The Mods)
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 08:34:06 AM »
I'm actually singing on the new Henning Pauly FrameShift album.
Have to ask. When you say you're singing on the new Frameshift album...

So Henning Pauly is releasing two more FrameShift albums. FS1 had James LaBrie on it. FS2 had Sebastian Bach singing on it. FS3 has Alex Froese on it. I'm singing/writing on the fourth album. The release date is sometime early 2013. You can checkout the first recording sessions here : https://youtu.be/1rRrHd_8L_8

The reason that I'm doing the vocals etc with the DT songs is to try and get the FS4 word out there. I figured that if I could sing/write on 3 DT instrumental tracks then it might turn some heads etc. Unfortunately I made a balls of the thread for the second song and I'll probably be ever remembered as 'that Cunt on the DT forum'. 

Just to note that I sincerely put alot of work into the songs. I'm currently working on the 3rd one. It's my fav DT instrumental of them all and is a real bitch to sing/write to but I'm looking forward to the end result. I'm hoping that people will check it out. Especially the core DT fans. That's why I'm posting here. It's important to me that I get the opinions of the real fans. The people who eat,drink and breathe DT. As you can see they don't hold back. They tell it like it is. Good, bad or 'I fucking hate you!'.

- Aio -
[/quote]No, it's cool, I was kidding around!

Sincerely, the effort shows. Great voice, great melodies, despite the mislabelling it's really cool stuff. And... hey, you've made a splash! Only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

I was just doing a silly joke - but keep doing what you're doing, it's nifty. Just call it a remix or something. q:

Offline Aio

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 08:38:56 AM »
haha ... ya you got me there dude ..

Offline Aio

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 08:43:24 AM »
Whatever happened to the Frameshift album that supposed to have Dan Swano singing? Sorry about derailing the thread but Pauly isn't exactly a fountain of information.

I hear ya! I've been hounding Henning to update his webpage!

To be honest I'm not sure what happened with Dan. I think Magali was also suppose to be on it. I had prevously submitted demos to Henning and I got the call up for FS4.

Fell free to email Henning directly: Henning@henningpauly.com - He's very response to questions about his music etc..

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 09:52:30 AM »
I actually wish that Frameshift had one more album with James. Because we saw the operatic voice style side of James here and it's just beautiful and magical.

La Mer, for instance. One of James' best performance.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 10:28:24 AM »
Thanks for that, Aio, I will surely email him. My frustration is getting bigger and bigger with Crimson Glory not releasing any information on a new album too despite having recorded demos and whatnot.

To be honest, I was sceptical when you said you're working on FS4 since I haven't heard of you before (my loss obviously) and given that Pauly hasn't done much in terms of FS since Bach, I thought he had shelved the project. Imagine my surprise when I listened to the short clips and suddenly remembering how amazing FS is in terms of music and vocals and melodies, it sounded great. I can't wait to get to hear the whole thing, I can only hope that it won't be another 5 years before we hear another sample :). Looking forward to getting my hands on that, you sounded great.

FS to me is like Ayreon but for a single singer doing what is probably their most varied work at least in recent years if not entire careers. I hope we all get to also hear Dan Swano singing in that environment and giving us something truly special (and yes, I want growls too!).

And maybe down the road when he gets 5-10 singers on solo Frameshifts he can do one Ayroen-type project, now that would be interesting to listen to :).

Offline Aio

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2012, 08:41:05 AM »
Very cool. The best place to keep up-to-date with FS4 is: https://www.facebook.com/FrameShift4?ref=hl

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 01:12:06 PM »
My favorite part of this is the youtube comment, "I don't care what the idiots at the Dream Theater forum website say. I liked it . Don't take their opinion too hard they are notoriously stupid. The moderator especially."

Guys, we're all so stupid, especially me (or Bosk, or "the moderator"). Really proves he knows what he's talking about when he apparently doesn't know we have more than one moderator. In any case I just thing it's funny that you can look at this place, look at blabbermouth, and then think we could ever possibly come off as notoriously stupid compared to that...
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »
Sucks that Pauly doesn't do or for whatever reason his projects don't get any promotion. Hope you guys get a good label deal for FS3/4.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 01:19:05 PM »
My favorite part of this is the youtube comment
I stopped reading right there.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2012, 02:32:16 PM »
I'll bet something you did not.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2012, 02:35:36 PM »
It's strange that this video gets many dislikes than it deserves.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline Aio

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2012, 02:56:32 PM »
Henning is currently signed to Prog records in the States. I think it was through them he originally got introduced to James and then James ended up on FS1. Personally I'd prefer if Henning would try for a new deal with some of the other bigger labels. Especially as promotions etc are not one his strong points. I've heard the rest of the tracks for FS4. I know this is going to be a great album as the music is killer. It deserves to be heard by as many people as possible.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2012, 02:59:22 PM »
I'll bet something you did not.
Yes I did.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2012, 06:34:32 PM »
My favorite part of this is the youtube comment, "I don't care what the idiots at the Dream Theater forum website say. I liked it . Don't take their opinion too hard they are notoriously stupid. The moderator especially."
I do like the phrase "notoriously stupid." That's a cracking choice of words. Like our idiocy echoes across the internet.

I did fuck up the quote earlier and I've only just seen it, so maybe he has a point.

Offline Rob

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2012, 06:48:52 PM »
Yeah, stupid DTF people. They can't quote and they're all called Rob.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »
Quote from: Rob link=topic=34805.msg1451899#msg1451899 da
Yeah, stupid DTF people. They can't quote and they're all called Rob.
[/quote
If that's a joke I don't get it.

Offline Rob

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2012, 07:09:47 PM »
Quote from: Oscar Wilde
If that was a joke, I didn't get it neither.

https://
Quote from: quote
Quote from: Rob
Quote from: Robwebster

If that's a joke I don't get it.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2012, 09:19:33 AM »
This thread:

Naw kiddin! :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Rob

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2012, 04:08:34 PM »
 :lol